4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New things
Lopov
post Nov 6 2016, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I'm creating this thread with an intention not to clutter the Where are you thread? with things we discover in the Fallout University for the 1st time and would like to share them with others. Since some discoveries may be considered spoilers, read ahead at your own risk.

I'll copy some of my own posts from the Where am I thread:

Yesterday I did some testing with reputation in FNV, and gained the Wild Child rep. in Goodpsrings. Turns out that Chet has some unique dialogue for you in this case, he says that you remind him of himself when he came to town, and as such he gives you a wholesale discount. I didn't know about this but I never had the Wild Child rep. in Goodsprings either. In any case, this discount isn't mentioned on the official FNV wiki but I found it mentioned in the Users Talk section.

I've never killed Cobb before doing the related quest so it was interesting to see that both Sunny and Trudy comment on his premature death, wondering whether it was just out of sheer fun and whether that should bring more problems to Goodpsrings. Ringo's dialogue is also slightly different when you approach him for the 1st time because Webb already killed Cobb before talking to Ringo.

And now I'm adding one event from today. Not sure what happened to the console but whenever I opened it, I saw that all previous fights have been recorded in details. I've never seen this before.

Here's a pic.

The most hilarious line is Alan Webb hits Alan Webb... laugh.gif ...because he tossed a grenade at a cazador and obviously hurt himself in the process.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 6 2016, 01:13 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 6 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I noticed in a previous playthrough that when you first start the game and walk behind the Goodsprings saloon there are no bottles on the fence. When you talk to Sunny Smiles and she says to come out back to learn about surviving in the Wasteland, there are stlll no bottles there. It is only after she hands you the varmint rifle that the bottles all magically appear out of thin air on the fence rails.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 6 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

And IIRC those bottles can't be picked up either. You can drag them around but not actually pick them up.

The broc flower doesn't appear at the Goodsprings Cemetery unless you agree to bring ingredients to Sunny. I'm not sure if the same goes for xander roots outside the schoolhouse.

And now one from FO3 which I discovered not long ago: Vera Weatherly and Seagrave Holmes meet up on the flight deck at nights, I think it doesn't happen every day, though. Holmes tries to convince her that they should be more than friends but in vain.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 6 2016, 05:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 8 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Workbenches are more common than I thought in FO3! ... I dunno. I never paid much attention to them before. I want to take more advantage this time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 13 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 8 2017, 04:25 PM) *

Workbenches are more common than I thought in FO3! ... I dunno. I never paid much attention to them before. I want to take more advantage this time.

I use a mod which allows you to repair weapons on work benches, depending on your Repair skill.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 6 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Fallout 3: When we drop a frag mine in 1st person, the PC actually DROPS this item. I dunno. I play mostly in 3rd person, so I was assuming the character extends his/her arm out a bit, so that the mine doesn't just fall on the ground. But it does!

Not exactly ground-breaking news, but hey.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 11 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

I met Ben Canning for the first time today. At first I thought that he's from some mod but a quick look on the Wiki proved me wrong, he's completely vanilla. Interesting that none of my characters ever met him before, not even as a corpse in case some wasteland creatures would kill him before our PC could approach him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha hey! Janet just slashed a raider with her combat knife, and he screamed "my arm!" I had a look at a message on the screen and it said "Raider Arm Crippled," so that's a new thing for me!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 10 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 3 2015, 02:15 PM) *

Even on my 3rd playthrough of Point Lookout I still didn't find Ruzka, the pre-war wonder bear, now a feral Yao Guai. I refuse to look on the Wiki where is she located but so far no luck. I assume that her lair is an unmarked location but still, I searched most of PL (at least I think I did) and still not a clue about her.

The most possible option is that she's located somewhere very close to map borders or even slightly over them because there might be some places which I missed.

I quote a more than one year old reply of mine from another thread just to say that a few days ago I found Ruzka for the first time. In Ally's game of course and because Ally has an animal friend perk, Ruzka wasn't hostile. Not sure if I found her if another mod (In the shadow of the swamp, a great mod BTW) wouldn't take Ally to a mod-added house and once leaving this house Ally explored some of its surroundings and not too far away she noticed an icon on the PipBoy, indicating a non-hostile NPC or creature. At that moment I somehow knew it is Ruzka.

Here's a proof.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 10 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I play with borders disabled, which I think makes finding Ruzka easier. She is right on the edge of the (normally) playable space.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 10 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

I listened to your advice which you gave me in 2015, so since then I played with borders disabled. Looks like it paid off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 10 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

I usually come upon Ruzka from the west, over the top of the cliff above her lair. I think it is nice that she has a ball to play with. smile.gif Though I wonder how she is still alive after 200 years.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 10 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

There are some human remains scattered in her lair, probably from the swampfolk or other unlucky wastelanders. In a way she survives like Loviatar.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 11 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

I always thought that Jeannie May Crawford is the only person in Novac who can direct you to Manny Vargas.

But a few days ago I found out that Cliff Briscoe can also direct you to Manny.

Now I'm curious whether some other important NPCs of Novac can direct you to Manny too. unsure.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 11 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

Manny Vargas is the other sniper who sits in the Godzilla mouth right? I have always had Cliff direct my characters to him if he was on the off shift when they got to Novac. Cliff is usually the first person my characters talk to, because they go to him to sell their loot. Unless they spot the doctor wandering around first.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 12 2017, 06:13 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Yes, Manny is the daytime sniper.

It's the opposite in my case - my character talk to Jeannie May first as they want to rent a room. laugh.gif

Can the doctor direct you to Manny as well?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 12 2017, 06:24 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

Hmmm, the first "person" Khajiit's characters usually talk to in Novac is Victor. Seems natural to this one that you'd want to talk to a familiar "face" first in a strange new place, if one was available. And Victor is very conspicuous hanging out by the main gate to the hotel.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 12 2017, 07:31 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

True, most of my characters talk to Victor first as well but he's not much of a help when asked about Benny and directs you to locals instead.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 14 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 12 2017, 01:31 AM) *

True, most of my characters talk to Victor first as well but he's not much of a help when asked about Benny and directs you to locals instead.

Well if Khajiit is not mistaken, Victor points you towards the motel office and Jeanie Mae. To Khajiit, this seems like a logical progression, and Cliff gives you a discount if you tell him Jeannie Mae sent you.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 14 2017, 07:19 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 14 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

I forgot to answer, the Doctor does not direct you to Manny.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:42 PM