Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help with arena, I don't know how to attack!
xycolian
post Mar 15 2006, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

Ok, I downloaded arena off of elderscrolls.com and downloaded DOSbox or whatever it is and i start playing. Well It took me about 15 minutes to find out how to pick up the key in the corner of your cell. Well now that I'm out of my cell I need to know how to fight off my enemies. can someone tell me how to attack and some other basic things like casting spells?

--------------------
Adoring Fan

Tamriel is nothing more than Lorkhans plane of Oblivion... -Mankar Cameron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Neela
post Mar 15 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

its been a looong time since I played but I believe it was like the 'a' key to draw your weapon. Then to swing... you push the mouse button while moving the mouse side to side or up and down... depending on if you are swinging or thrusting.

as for casting a spell... I believe there was a spellbook icon on your screen to ready an active spell... then it was 'c' maybe to cast it?
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Mar 15 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #3

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Correct.

Combat: Hold right mouse button and move mouse around to swing your weapon. The way you swing it makes a difference: up-down, left-right, diagonally...

Spellcasting: c is right, and shift-c to recast last spell (I think).

Fast travel: it took me eons to figure that out (I basically never read manuals, and even if I do, I only flick through them and don't remember anything). Right-click on the map when you're out of the dungeon.

Other tips: when you rest in a dungeon, try resting in an elevated position. If you're lucky, that keeps the monsters away. What you're looking for in the prison you start in is a blue gate thingy at the end of a long tunnel. Before entering it, make sure you comb that dungeon for items - there are some really precious things in there!

When you get out of the dungeon, and you wish to continue your journeys, put away your weapon, talk to the people and ask them for the location of that thing Ria talked to you about.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
Ola Martin
post Mar 15 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

I can't get arena to work sad.gif

--------------------
waiting4skyrim now, banner still not updated^^
+Quote Post
bellicose
post Mar 18 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #5

Associate

QUOTE(Ola Martin @ Mar 15 2006, 04:41 PM)
I can't get arena to work sad.gif

Did you d/l DosBox and set up the game in DOS? If you dont know how to do this, there are instructions here.

This post has been edited by bellicose: Mar 18 2006, 07:29 PM

--------------------
bel·li·cose - Warlike in manner or temperament; pugnacious

Who would bet with me not expecting a cheat?
To play the game fairly is the worst kind of deceit. -Sheogorath
+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 18 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargelman @ Mar 15 2006, 04:18 AM)
Correct.

Combat: Hold right mouse button and move mouse around to swing your weapon. The way you swing it makes a difference: up-down, left-right, diagonally...

Spellcasting: c is right, and shift-c to recast last spell (I think).

Fast travel: it took me eons to figure that out (I basically never read manuals, and even if I do, I only flick through them and don't remember anything). Right-click on the map when you're out of the dungeon.

Other tips: when you rest in a dungeon, try resting in an elevated position. If you're lucky, that keeps the monsters away. What you're looking for in the prison you start in is a blue gate thingy at the end of a long tunnel. Before entering it, make sure you comb that dungeon for items - there are some really precious things in there!

When you get out of the dungeon, and you wish to continue your journeys, put away your weapon, talk to the people and ask them for the location of that thing Ria talked to you about.

Thanks a bunch. Now I can actually have some fun!

--------------------
Adoring Fan

Tamriel is nothing more than Lorkhans plane of Oblivion... -Mankar Cameron
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 18 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

I know...finding out how to fight and cast spells in Arena was a pain is the ***. I remeber stressing for hours...but eventually I sat down and read the manual...suddenly it was a whole new game.

But well, I have still not managed to complete the game, even though i installed most patches and so....there is just to much to do....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ola Martin
post Mar 19 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(bellicose @ Mar 18 2006, 07:29 PM)
Did you d/l DosBox and set up the game in DOS? If you dont know how to do this, there are instructions here.

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
waiting4skyrim now, banner still not updated^^
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:44 PM