mirocu
post Nov 11 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #81

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Nov 11 2017, 04:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 11 2017, 09:45 AM) *

{snip}

So this is Mr. Gimmick. Nice music for an NES title.

Sunsoft is famous for putting good quality music in NES games and in Mr Gimmick it's due to an extra sound chip. You should hear the music from another Sunsoft game called Ufouria smile.gif

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 11 2017, 04:30 PM) *

Nice score Mr. Nevermore!

Thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 11 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 11 2017, 09:45 AM) *

Just wanted to throw this out there since what I discovered got me a tad excited... biggrin.gif

Back in 2013 I bought a copy of the rare NES game Mr Gimmick. The game was only released in Japan and Scandinavia and also very late in the 8-bit era and for these reasons not many copies are out there. Well, at least not compared to say Mega Man or other games.
Anyway, I bought Mr Gimmick for 2500 SEK and when I just now looked at the auction site there were a few more up for sale, for 5000 SEK each!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

That's not to say they are easy to sell or even that they will be sold for that price, but to see my purchase double in value like that really got me hot and bothered bigsmile.gif

Edit: I just looked at another game, Action 52. Same story there! Bought it for 2500 SEK and the two ones up for sale now; 4500 and 3900 SEK, respectively!

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

WOO HOO !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 11 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #83

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 11 2017, 05:07 PM) *

WOO HOO !!!!

Woo and hoo indeed biggrin.gif

I was late to the party but apparently not too late to score deals after all laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 7 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #84

Spam Meister
Group Icon

NEW NES GAME PURCHASE

Of course, "new" is to be taken with a grain of salt. It's new to my collection anyway and the game in question is Metroid. Never played it much back in the day and I don't reckon I will now. It's not really appealing to me but it's still an iconic game and hey ho, maybe it will grow on me a bit*?

Came complete with the small box and the manual that refers to Samus as "he" but as the perceptive child I was back then I instantly suspected it was a girl in that suit because of how the character was running; reminded me of an eleven-year-old girl bigsmile.gif

* - See what I did there? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 7 2018, 07:27 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 7 2018, 07:40 PM
Post #85

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 7 2018, 12:27 PM) *

NEW NES GAME PURCHASE

Of course, "new" is to be taken with a grain of salt. It's new to my collection anyway and the game in question is Metroid. Never played it much back in the day and I don't reckon I will now. It's not really appealing to me but it's still an iconic game and hey ho, maybe it will grow on me a bit*?

Came complete with the small box and the manual that refers to Samus as "he" but as the perceptive child I was back then I instantly suspected it was a girl in that suit because of how the character was running; reminded me of an eleven-year-old girl bigsmile.gif

So where do you buy your NES games? Khajiit can’t imagine those are easy to find these days.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Nov 7 2018, 07:41 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 7 2018, 07:44 PM
Post #86

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 7 2018, 07:40 PM) *

So where do you buy your NES games? Khajiit can’t imagine those are easy to find these days.

ebay biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 7 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 7 2018, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 7 2018, 07:40 PM) *

ebay biggrin.gif

Ah

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 30 2019, 08:39 PM
Post #88

Spam Meister
Group Icon

This morning I decided to boot up my old NES again and play some Mega Man and Battle of Olympus, two games I played as a kid but never owned. I just played two stages of Mega Man and a bit of the other one.

Although I never got far in either games I do enjoy the music in them and especially Battle of Olympus. I'll list a few here and frankly, they are so much more memorable than basically any modern, overproduced song by whoever world famous singer or group. These simple 8-bit tunes kick them around the playground fifteen times I tells ya.

Title theme
Arcadia Green Fields
Caves of Argolis
Peloponnesus Forest

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 11 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #89

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today I got a new (heh) game for my NES; Top Gun. I made a mistake when buying it though; I thought I was buying Top Gun II: The second mission, the sequel to the game I got. My bad. I'll get the other one later.

Worked fine but I crashed in the ocean when trying to land on the aircraft carrier tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 11 2019, 07:37 PM
Post #90

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 11 2019, 01:11 PM) *

Today I got a new (heh) game for my NES; Top Gun. I made a mistake when buying it though; I thought I was buying Top Gun II: The second mission, the sequel to the game I got. My bad. I'll get the other one later.

Worked fine but I crashed in the ocean when trying to land on the aircraft carrier tongue.gif

I like Top Gun on the NES. Just pay attention to ALT and Speed indicators on the hud during the landing sequence and you should almost always be able to land on the carrier.

Top Gun on the NES.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 11 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 7 2018, 01:27 PM) *

NEW NES GAME PURCHASE

I've heard of this game before; I think someone on this site posted a screenshot of it years ago!

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 30 2019, 02:39 PM) *

This morning I decided to boot up my old NES again and play some Mega Man and Battle of Olympus, two games I played as a kid but never owned. I just played two stages of Mega Man and a bit of the other one.

Although I never got far in either games I do enjoy the music in them and especially Battle of Olympus. I'll list a few here and frankly, they are so much more memorable than basically any modern, overproduced song by whoever world famous singer or group. These simple 8-bit tunes kick them around the playground fifteen times I tells ya.

Title theme
Arcadia Green Fields
Caves of Argolis
Peloponnesus Forest

The Title Theme is my favorite of these choices; boy does that bring back Mario memories!!! laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9bB7r0M9kg

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 11 2019, 01:11 PM) *

My Dad used to have "Flight Simulator," and I couldn't land on the Aircraft Carriers for anything! A lot of Tail-Hookers died that day, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 22 2020, 11:31 AM
Post #92

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I just bought a mug that has the original Game Boy design and with a screen that "turns on" to a game when hot beverage is poured in! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'm also on the fence if I should continue bidding on a complete Link's Awakening. Good quality and I only have the loose game at present. But over 100 bucks... Do I really want it that bad?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 22 2020, 09:50 AM
Post #93

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Decided to try my NES this morning. Problem though my remote to the TV didn't work, something I have noticed before. I need to press a button to change channel to AV1 in order to play, but there was no response.

Seeing no alternative, I opened up the remote to take a look at the circuit board. I thought it could be the same issue NES cartridges suffer from; dirty connections. So I took a qtip and some cleaning fluid and went to town. Qtip basically turned black. Went through five of them before the circuit board looked good and the blackness on the qtips had faded enough. Put it all together and BAM; now it worked perfectly fine! biggrin.gif

Played some Mega Man (first game) and as it all now works fine I'm gonna play some Battle of Olympus and Pinball as well. I choose these games because how they remind me of springtime from my childhood happy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 22 2020, 11:56 AM
Post #94

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, clever crow! Glad the qtips worked.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 22 2020, 12:46 PM
Post #95

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 22 2020, 05:31 AM) *

I just bought a mug that has the original Game Boy design and with a screen that "turns on" to a game when hot beverage is poured in! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'm also on the fence if I should continue bidding on a complete Link's Awakening. Good quality and I only have the loose game at present. But over 100 bucks... Do I really want it that bad?

Link’s Awakening was the hero of many a long car trip when Khajiit was but a cub. This one couldn’t justify $100 for it, no matter the warm feelings this one harbors for the game though.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 22 2020, 12:51 PM
Post #96

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 22 2020, 11:56 AM) *

Thank you, and yeah I'm glad too biggrin.gif

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 22 2020, 12:46 PM) *

Link’s Awakening was the hero of many a long car trip when Khajiit was but a cub. This one couldn’t justify $100 for it, no matter the warm feelings this one harbors for the game though.

Samesis. I didn't continue bidding and I think it ended up at over 200 bucks. I do have the loose game from decades before so I can still play if I want.

Only ever played my Game Boy at home though, although occasionally on trips. Since ambient lighting is most important I wanted to sit in a specific location to get the best view of the screen.

Fun fact: I completed all my Game Boy games way back when. Something I never did with my NES games even though I got that much earlier. I just liked the Game Boy better in a way.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 22 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #97

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 22 2020, 06:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 22 2020, 11:56 AM) *

Thank you, and yeah I'm glad too biggrin.gif

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 22 2020, 12:46 PM) *

Samesis. I didn't continue bidding and I think it ended up at over 200 bucks. I do have the loose game from decades before so I can still play if I want.

Only ever played my Game Boy at home though, although occasionally on trips. Since ambient lighting is most important I wanted to sit in a specific location to get the best view of the screen.

Fun fact: I completed all my Game Boy games way back when. Something I never did with my NES games even though I got that much earlier. I just liked the Game Boy better in a way.

Funny thing about Link’s Awakening. They recently released a remake on the Switch. It was very well done! This one knows how you feel about that so now Khajiit is not sure why he even mentioned it! laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 26 2020, 07:06 PM
Post #98

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Played some Mega Man on the NES this morning and for the first time I actually beat the Fire Man stage! At least I don't think I've ever done that before. I usually just beat Cut Man and Bomb Man.

Also played some Kid Icarus but as I'm even worse on that game I didn't get far. Back in the day I had a code to skip to the last stage which I used a lot, so I have beaten the game but not legit by any means tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 20 2021, 09:22 AM
Post #99

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 22 2020, 09:50 AM) *

Decided to try my NES this morning.

Me too! About time, wasn't it? biggrin.gif

Yes, I always have an urge to play some NES in springtime. As this was merely a test I only played some Mega Man; Cut Man and Fire Man stages to be exact. Prior to playing I quick-cleaned the 72-pin connector using the special "cartridge" and I also did the actual Mega Man cartridge. And thanks to that; worked perfectly on the first try!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 27 2021, 09:56 AM
Post #100

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Played a bit of Shadowgate yesterday as well as Mario Bros and Dr Mario. Sad thing; my system cleaner which is like a cartridge broke and now I have to get another one. It's essential in order to make it work, cleaning the games isn't enough.

Shadowgate is fun though, one of the very best games on the NES if you ask me. And would you believe it; all three save slots still work! I have two right at the very end and one from roughly 60-65% through the game. Loaded up that one and played it to the end. Fantastic soundtrack.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:55 PM