Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

82 Pages V « < 80 81 82  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
Sakiri
post Nov 27 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #1621

Mouth
Group Icon

Problem seems to lie with the fact that Youtube wants control over everyone. Everyone. Alternative media included.

This is how they'll censor us.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 28 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #1622

Master
Group Icon

Project: Prepare new TpF Scenic Excursions episode for upload
Decided to get this out of the way this morning to kill time before I depart for my brother's house, then eat T-day lunch with him at our local all-you-can-eat 'country buffet' restaurant. Thumbnail...check. YT Video description...check. The video itself has been in-the-can for days. This being part 2, there's not much in-video text narrative, as I said much of what little needs saying during part 1. I'll give it a few more looks before upload Friday evening, in case something more comes to me.

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Nov 27 2019, 08:12 AM) *

Problem seems to lie with the fact that Youtube wants control over everyone. Everyone. Alternative media included.

This is how they'll censor us.

Yup, that's the gist of it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 30 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #1623

Master
Group Icon

Project: Publish new TpF1 Scenic Excursions episode

The video was uploaded overnight. It has finished processing and is ready for view. I link is found in our What Are You Playing thread. Alas, I am still unable to embed links within TransportFever.Net forum threads. Most of my views come from those links. Came from, rather. Episode 30a, the first episode I couldn't link there, got less than half the views (within its first week) of prior episodes, all of which are linked at TFN. Considering how understandably few views they get at the best of times, loss of my primary source of viewership ain't a good thing. Left a post about my dilemma on TFN's appropriate forum thread. Should have done so when first noticed 23 Nov (2019). Better late than never??????

I've no must-do projects at the moment, other than help my bro redo a ceiling light whose base came loose as he attempted to replace a dead bulb. Might to that this coming Monday? We shall see.

Saturday mid-morning addendum:
Woot! A TFN moderator fixed whatever was preventing me from embedding videos there. Why didn't I think to report this sooner? Coz I'm a doofus, that's why. End of discussion.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Nov 30 2019, 03:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 2 2019, 11:10 PM
Post #1624

Master
Group Icon

Project: Create TpF1 Scenic Excursions episodes

Between today and yesterday I whipped up three (!) Scenic Excursions episodes into more-or-less final form. Unusual for me, text for the first two practically wrote itself, in no time at all. The third wrote itself to the halfway point. Beyond that...nothing comes. Truth to tell, it needs no more. Well, except for a couple of closing statements, which are already in-place. That third episode, by the way, is the Chesham Fuel Run already featured in three episodes. (The third of those is entirely superfluous.) I justify a fourth due to expensive scenic change both sides of the river as well as a locomotive swap. Stutter is an issue, but unavoidable at this stage of the game.

Raw footage for an additional two-part episode in-the-can.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Dec 23 2019, 07:02 AM
Post #1625

Knower
Group Icon

Not exactly a free time but this past semester I took a Math and Fine Arts class and this was my final project

IPB Image

And the girls are Kalila and Clarissa from Nemesis

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 23 2019, 09:03 AM
Post #1626

Ancient
Group Icon

Really nice picture there! I like how the spider is glossy and you really captured the smallest girl's desperation. I give you five mangos out of five! biggrin.gif

Btw, can't they just squash the spider under their foot? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 23 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #1627

Ancient
Group Icon

So were the eight legs of the spider the math part of the class? wink.gif

Really cool picture. I hope she puts that iron skillet to good use!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 28 2019, 11:48 AM
Post #1628

Master
Group Icon

Project: Upload TpF Scenic Excursions episode
Did so overnight. A link is found in our "What are you playing?" thread.

Project: Scan railway-related images from old photo-albums.
Scanned roughly 48 images thus far. Most are for post elsewhere, on train-related, 'forum.' Some will be posted here. The better ones, to the limited extent any of 'em are worth a darn. As I might have stated previously, I knew nothing of composition, framing, etc. in those days. Relatedly, I just ordered an el-cheapo slide digitalizer off Amazon. Don't expect much from it, but my parents' vast side collection can't be viewed at present, as my brother broke our ancient projector some years ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 31 2019, 04:40 PM
Post #1629

Master
Group Icon

Project: Prepare and Mail Dec 2019 internet purchases tax/county/local taxes due
Did so this morning, after making what is almost assuredly my final internet purchase of the year: Train Sim World + one DLC off Steam. Filling out the form, calculating tax, writing out the check, and preparing an envelope are always a hassle, especially as the form doesn't account for some companies tacking on state but not county/local tax at time of purchase. I've figured out a fairly straightforward way to adapt the form for this scenario, but ought not have to. At any rate, the completed return sits in my mailbox awaiting today's mail run.

Project: Balance computerized Checking and Savings Account ledgers.
Did so this morning after taking care of the above. As always, my accounts are now reconciled to the penny.

These projects both help kill time while I await Train Sim World to finish downloading, as it totally hoses internet usages for anything more demanding than forums.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jan 24 2020, 08:06 PM
Post #1630

Mouth
Group Icon

New project. Bike repair.

Just did another once over of husbands bike.

Cassette is filthy. Little oxidation. Can clean that up np. Crankset is the same. He probably put it in the basement dirty.

The chain is just needing replaced. It's a giant string of rust. I tried shifting through gears and it's so stiff it just falls off the pinions. Need chain breaker. Can't tell if there's a master link or not, it's so bad.

Needs tubes. Tires are ok looking. Brake pads are good. Brakes are tight. Well see how well this goes. Never worked on a bike before.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post

82 Pages V « < 80 81 82
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th January 2020 - 04:56 PM