13 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boston Bewilderings, The Fallout 4 "Where are you now?" thread
mirocu
post Dec 18 2015, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

As I picked the Rumors option, I heard there were some who wanted an Update thread for Fallout 4.

And here it is! biggrin.gif

So, wherever you are and whatever you do, tell us about it! If you want to include quest spoilers then that´s ok, but make sure to use spoiler tags smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 19 2015, 10:01 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 18 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh no kidding. You got Fallout 4, crow? Sweet.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Dec 18 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 18 2015, 07:37 AM) *

As I picked the Rumors option, I heard there were some who wanted an Update thread for Fallout 4.

And here it is! biggrin.gif

So, wherever you are and whatever you do, tell us about it! But ehm, no quest spoilers.. wink.gif

Thank you! But as I will be posting updates there will be some spoilers... So I will spoiler tag them! biggrin.gif

Here is my current and most likely, perma-character.

IPB Image

His name is Matty Prior, he is 25 years old and ex-army. Before the beginning of the game he was in the military, but whilst out on tour with his brother a battle ensued. He accidently shot and killed his brother, which left him with severe PTSD where he found himself unable to use a gun. The thought of touching one terrified him to the point he couldn't breathe.

Because of his PTSD he was pardoned and returned to his girlfriend, Nora, who he eventually settled down with and married.

He is purely a Melee fighter, due to his PTSD, and he is very skilled. Maybe one day he will be able to use a gun again, but that is something we will have to explore.

His current companion is Piper, who I personally love. She his helping Matty with his mission...

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Dec 18 2015, 10:14 PM
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 18 2015, 10:19 PM
Post #4

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 18 2015, 08:03 PM) *

Oh no kidding. You got Fallout 4, crow? Sweet.

biggrin.gif

No, Crow does not have 4, only 3. Crow just makes thread to help others biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Dec 18 2015, 10:04 PM) *

Thank you! But as I will be posting updates there will be some spoilers... So I will spoiler tag them! biggrin.gif

That´s ok, I guess. I´ll edit my post to say it´s ok with quest spoilers but only in spoiler tags smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 18 2015, 11:08 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow. Matty is smokin hot. That's quite the look Piper is giving him! laugh.gif

Added: sorry, I had to run mid-post panic.gif

Rihanae, I think Matty’s history lends itself perfectly to melee only. It will be interesting to see how he changes as he follows his purpose.

mirocu, thanks for the thread. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Dec 18 2015, 11:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Dec 19 2015, 01:08 AM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 18 2015, 10:08 PM) *

Wow. Matty is smokin hot. That's quite the look Piper is giving him! laugh.gif

Added: sorry, I had to run mid-post panic.gif

Rihanae, I think Matty’s history lends itself perfectly to melee only. It will be interesting to see how he changes as he follows his purpose.

Haha thank you! I based his image on a person I know IRL who, ironically, is much less handsome than Matty turned out! (I think, by default, the males in this game are rather good looking!)

Piper and Matty really have grown to become great friends. I can't help but love how deep the companion system is in this game!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 19 2015, 10:02 AM
Post #7

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 18 2015, 11:08 PM) *

mirocu, thanks for the thread. smile.gif

No prob goodjob.gif

Ri, he does look quite handsome and I like his backstory. I´m sure he´ll do well around Boston smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 19 2015, 10:02 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Dec 22 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

Well Matty has had quite the adventure in the Commonwealth...

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 23 2015, 06:58 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Ha! Piper is the one follower I thought that I would not like after seeing the previews of the game. I was therefore pleasantly surprised when she turned out really cool. I love the outfits on her and she is not annoying at all. Matt is a lucky guy!

I am back on Fallout 4 at the moment after running around on Skyrim for a bit. Just spent some time building up a new Sanctuary house for my female character. She is called Caroline Wisemann, or by the nickname that she prefers, 'Chalice.' I have only just started the female build after taking ages to get it just right. For some reason I am never happy with the chin and cheeks on the face.

Caroline is only level 8 at the moment. She is looking is start the long journey down to Diamond City.

I will post some pics soon!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 23 2015, 01:28 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Piper annoyed me at first, but it wasn’t long before I started to like her. Congrats to Matty and Piper!

Winter Wolf, good luck with Chalice. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Dec 25 2015, 09:39 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

Chalice sounds wonderful! I'm looking forward to mods to even out faces a bit better for females... but at the moment I don't see myself separating from Matty!

It's peculiar. Matty and I have quite a connection in game and I feel I am understanding him a lot better. his development over the past few days has been quite strengthening. He has gone from being a 'do-good' hero to actually growing a back bone. He now isn't afraid to speak his mind at times when he disagrees with a point, which occasionally Piper dislikes (but not enough to cause any problems for them). Matty still is, and always will be, happy to help people in need (he was a soldier after all), but he's not afraid to say no to a lost cause.

We have also finished the main storyline...
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 26 2015, 01:04 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

My character is exactly the same. I have no idea whether she will play the good role or the nasty role. Time will certainly tell. Growing 'back bone' is something that comes with eventually discovering their personality (as you have said).

Congrats on finishing the MQ. I will not click on the link as I am miles away from that point.

Chalice is now following Dogmeat off into the western hills, seeking the owner of the unique cigars. We are charging through the Fort and bringing our own form of revenge to those who took Shaun.

Assassin's Laser Musket is awesome for destroying those turrents.

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Dec 26 2015, 01:09 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Dec 26 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

So I attempted to make my settlement impenetrable today by building metal walls around it... safe to say it works! Matty glitched out of the settlement and couldn't get back in! I had to remove a wall haha.

Gotta say, I love the settlement system in this game.

Also with Matty I downloaded a mod to give him an even younger face. He now looks the age he is supposed to be! I will edit in a side by side pic later!

Good luck Winter Wolf! Isn't Dogmeat such a super tracker dog? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Dec 26 2015, 10:22 PM
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 27 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

I really love the whole settlement building in FO4. But then again I also loved Hearthfire and I read nothing but hate over on the Beth forums about that add-on. Skyrim was bland (for me) before they gave me the house building tools, now I can design and build a bit, go off and do some questing, come back and build some more. I really love the game pattern. Beth has now taken it to the next level here.

The settlements need some user friendly changes (especially with settlers, attacks and clipping) and hopefully that will come with the patches.

Thanks Grits!

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Dec 27 2015, 11:59 PM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Dec 31 2015, 12:05 AM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Dec 27 2015, 10:57 PM) *

I really love the whole settlement building in FO4. But then again I also loved Hearthfire and I read nothing but hate over on the Beth forums about that add-on. Skyrim was bland (for me) before they gave me the house building tools, now I can design and build a bit, go off and do some questing, come back and build some more. I really love the game pattern. Beth has now taken it to the next level here.

The settlements need some user friendly changes (especially with settlers, attacks and clipping) and hopefully that will come with the patches.

Exactly what Matty is doing! Although we RP that when something is 'built' he is actually making plans for something to be built, which wont be complete until he returns to the settlement a few days later. I'm hoping that future settlement mods will have settlement items that can be built over time. SO basically instead of the item appearing instantly, it will take XX amount of days to gradually build. Purely for RP purposes! Haha

Anyway this isn't an update... More a brief, story version of Matty's background. I'm looking to expand on it in a fanfic in the future...

Matthew 'Matty' Simpson is a 24 year old ex-army soldier.

He loved fighting with the U.S army. He had been with them since he was nothing more than a 16 year old boy with big dreams and a strong drive.

He was a good soldier, and many would say one of the best... until the day he went on tour with his younger brother, Shaun. He doesn't remember a lot of what happened, only that during a scout in a small village in southern Asia, he and his comrades where attacked. A fight ensued... and Shaun got caught in the cross fire; by a stray bullet shot by Matthew himself.

Shaun didn't survive the bullet.

Matthew can't remember a lot of what happened after that. He was sent back to base after the brief fight was over, and he was in a catatonic state for weeks, the only noise he made were his screams for his brother in the middle of the night.

Once his catatonia had eased into mild PTSD, Matthew was given medical discharge from his role in the army, and sent home to live his life peacefully. He found his PTSD left him unable to even hold a gun. He would break out in sweats and feel the extreme need to vomit. So, instead, he decided to focus on new skills. He learnt how to fight with Melee weapons, and he began to enroll in free-running to keep in shape... an activity he never ceased to participate in.

Matthew was 19 years old when he was given medical discharge, and he was sent to live with his mother in sanctuary. He found out his father left when news about Shaun's death arose. Matthew always noticed the pained look in his mothers eyes. Was it because of his dad? Shaun? Because Matty killed Shaun? Whatever it was... the look didn't stay with her for long. When Three weeks after Matty returned home he found her in the bathroom, lying motionless, fully clothed, in the running shower. She had several empty bottles of pills next to her.

"You didn't KILL her. She was grieving, for so many things. " Nora, his childhood friend and old high school girlfriend, always told him, the first time at Matty's mothers funeral. She lived next door to Matthew, always had.

And when Matthew received the deed to his house and a lot of money in his mothers will, he decided to stay in the house. Next to Nora. And it was because of that their relationship blossomed.

They fell in love, married when they were both 22 and had a child when they were 24.

A child called Shaun.

EDIT: Edited thanks to some genuinely helpful notes from SubRosa. I'm really enjoying learning more about Matty.

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Jan 10 2016, 06:53 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 31 2015, 02:08 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

Very neat history. Though if the brother was Zach, then maybe he should be named Cloud Strife? wink.gif Sorry, I could not resist a Final Fantasy VII hook.

It sounds like he would have gotten a Section 8/Medical discharge, given his mental issues. A pardon is for someone convicted of a crime. Given that his shooting of his brother was an accidental occurrence in the middle of a battle, I doubt he'd have faced criminal charges for it.

Perhaps after his discharge he became a boxer or MMA fighter? Or some other form of athlete?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 31 2015, 02:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 10 2016, 05:54 AM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

Well...Currently about a hunnerd-fiddy hours into a chap called Michael Grey...which is not a sentence I'll often find myself saying out loud...

*Cough*...

Currently Level Fiddy-Six...Sorry...I'll stop that now...

Anyways...Michael Grey is, in my head of course, both distant family and contemporary of Arnaud in D.C./New Vegas...Because he can be...It's my story...I can twist whatever I like...

(Bishop/actress)...

So yeah...Level 56...though I admit that "an amount" of that has come from settlement building...

However
...I've explored the entire of The North™...Everything above that road that runs East/West across the centre of the map...With predictable amount of predictability, I'm now moving The South™...East to West in sections, using the North/South roads as delineation lines...So as to keep track of what I'm doing...

I've tried to avoid quests as much as possible...Unless I happen to have fallen into them and I think they're worth doing there and then...

So I very much loved the one with the Chinese Ghoul in the submarine...Who was, by far, my fave character that I've encountered so far...

Well, Cricket excepted...*Fans self*...Be still my heart...Ooof!...No...Seriously...Hotness... wub.gif ...Same effect as Cutter had on me in the Shivering Isles... biggrin.gif ...

Oh, and the other fave quest that made me smile and all heart-warmed and everything...Kid In The Fridge...

Yup...

The game has more than its fair share of bugs...But most of them have been work-around-able...*Shrug*...Nothing's stopped me in my useful purpose of being vewwy vewwy quiet...Ahm hunt'n' Waider...Huh-huh-huh...

Although, being the level I am, there is the occasional laughing as yet another Alpha Deathclaw or Queen Mirelurk (which are actually genuinely unnerving, thinking about it...) tries to rip my head off and I give is some with my Han Solo-alike Scoped Magnum .44 hand cannon... biggrin.gif ...Ye Gods I'm awesome in the game... biggrin.gif ...

Much fun...

Excellent game... biggrin.gif ...

Proper loving it...
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Jan 10 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Good to see you McB! Seems like you're having a blast with Fallout 4! I'm overly addicted to it ATM!

I'm not so addicted to settlement building, though. The whole thing breaks immersion from my RP, so once a gradual build mod is made Imma steer clear! Haha.

Looking forward to your updates biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 10 2016, 09:29 PM
Post #19

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Ooh! McB is playing Fallout4! Another reason to call in sick, eh? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 11 2016, 02:14 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Rihanae!!... biggrin.gif ...Yes...I think "addicted to" can be pretty fairly applied to my state with Fallout 4... biggrin.gif ...

And yeah, the settlement thing will properly take you out of any immersion you try and get into...You have to go back and settle the bugs down so often...I was on it for a good couple of hours yesterday...At least two thirds of the time was spent FT-ing back to the various settlements to try and get the programme to remember what exactly the settlements consist of...Oy...

Nevermind...Proper excellent game though...

Besides...My RP-ing consists of being Nordy-Boy/Robert McWylde/J'Drell/J'Zirlo/Arnaud...Basically...I do the same thing over and over... biggrin.gif ...

Crow-Boy!!...Me?...Take a sicky to play a game?...As if... wink.gif ...
+Quote Post

13 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:22 AM