Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Molly Hatchet Chops Skyrim Down To Size, But what is a post-apocalyptic girl to wear?
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Molly Hatchet is currently laying waste to the Capital Wasteland. Well, laying even more waste to it... But right from the start I have had the idea of porting her to Skyrim after her run in Fallout 3 is done. Sadly, modding Fallout 3 items over into Skyrim is beyond me. sad.gif Otherwise I would love to bring a suit of T-45d power armor over with her. But I could say that like in the Terminator movies, when she travels through time and space to enter Skyrim nothing non-living can go with her.

I am no where near ready to start Molly in Skyrim. But I have been experimenting with how she might look.

Molly's Possible Outfits
Leather - Fur/Hide - Studded - Ancient Nord

Daedric (wow!) - Chitin - Forsworn - Thieves Guild

Solitude Guard - Whiterun Guard - Red Dawnguard - Golden Plate

So far she looks better in Leather Armor than any character I have ever played. I do like the semi-skimpy Fur and Hide. The Ancient Nord looks great on her, but I have had a lot of characters wear that already.

The Daedric is just fantastic on her. But not the thing to wear at the beginning of the game. The Chitin goes well with her hair. The Forsworn pic is obligatory of course. The Thieves Guild has the right coloring, but just lacks that certain something.

I am liking the guard armors, so at least if she ever takes an arrow in the knee, I at least know she will be looking good. The Red Dawnguard looks fantastic on her, so that might be the one to start with. The Golden Plate is from a mod. It is a bit fancy for her, but the colors go with her skin and hair.

I am not sure about any modded outfits. I only tried a few so far. Red and brown are definitely her colors, so things with those would be good considerations. Does anyone have any ideas?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 21 2015, 01:31 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 21 2015, 12:05 AM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

If you can get past the baggage that comes with armors associated with certain factions, I (like you) really like the guard armors - and the Solitude red looks great on her. I like the guard armors because they show a bit of leg while looking both protectively functional and comfortable for long adventures. For exactly the same reasons, you might consider the light Imperial armor as well, with its nice red and brown coloring. Beware that if you do wear Imperial armor, Stormcloaks will warn you not to wear it again - dunno what happens if you ignore them.

Have you sorted out if her big hatchet will need one or two hands yet? If only one, then the solitude shield looks pretty good for the look you're after maybe?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 21 2015, 01:28 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Molly Hatchet definitely is welcome in Skyrim, where they actually have hatchets for her to use and collect.

I like Hatchet in leather most of all. Goes with the whole heavy metal theme. wink.gif I bet there's a way to make that leather BLACK too. smile.gif I'm not seeing her as a guard at all. Yeah, black leather. If you can find noserings and such, big, spikey earrings too. biggrin.gif

She could also do some daedric too on occasion. What sort of weapons and / or magic will she use?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2015, 01:35 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

I am not sure if Molly will go the one or two handed route. If she goes with the Dawnguard armor, then probably use the Dawnguard War Axe, which is one-handed. The Solitude shield would go good with that, as would a few of the red Matherian Viking shields.

Renee likes black leather! I cannot say I disagree! Maybe there are some modded armor sets that would fit the bill?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 21 2015, 01:51 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

I just remember back to high school, and all the people who were into Molly Hatchet wore leather and jeans jackets (with southern crosses on them, often) and big work boots. To high school. They had this 'rough' look to them. Like, don't mess with me, I'll [censored] you up!

Have a look at what came up when I did an image search of "Molly Hatchet Leather"

I'm psyched about Hatchet. Can't wait until she meets my new character idea: Bjorn Tu Bewyyld

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 21 2015, 01:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2015, 02:14 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Was Bjorn Born To Run? Will he continue to adventure till these Badlands start treating us good? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 21 2015, 04:48 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 20 2015, 05:53 PM) *

Molly Hatchet is currently laying waste to the Capital Wasteland. Well, laying even more waste to it... But right from the start I have had the idea of porting her to Skyrim after her run in Fallout 3 is done. Sadly, modding Fallout 3 items over into Skyrim is beyond me. sad.gif Otherwise I would love to bring a suit of T-45d power armor over with her. But I could say that like in the Terminator movies, when she travels through time and space to enter Skyrim nothing non-living can go with her.

I am no where near ready to start Molly in Skyrim. But I have been experimenting with how she might look.

Molly's Possible Outfits
Leather - Fur/Hide - Studded - Ancient Nord

Daedric (wow!) - Chitin - Forsworn - Thieves Guild

Solitude Guard - Whiterun Guard - Red Dawnguard - Golden Plate

So far she looks better in Leather Armor than any character I have ever played. I do like the semi-skimpy Fur and Hide. The Ancient Nord looks great on her, but I have had a lot of characters wear that already.

The Daedric is just fantastic on her. But not the thing to wear at the beginning of the game. The Chitin goes well with her hair. The Forsworn pic is obligatory of course. The Thieves Guild has the right coloring, but just lacks that certain something.

I am liking the guard armors, so at least if she ever takes an arrow in the knee, I at least know she will be looking good. The Red Dawnguard looks fantastic on her, so that might be the one to start with. The Golden Plate is from a mod. It is a bit fancy for her, but the colors go with her skin and hair.

I am not sure about any modded outfits. I only tried a few so far. Red and brown are definitely her colors, so things with those would be good considerations. Does anyone have any ideas?

I vote:

Fur/Hide

Foresworn

ALL the guard armors look awesome on her!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 21 2015, 01:59 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

She looks very good in guard armor sets, followed by leather. I'm not a big fan of sets that "close" almost entire body like Daedric and Chitin, I prefer some skin to be visible.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 21 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 20 2015, 08:14 PM) *

Was Bjorn Born To Run? Will he continue to adventure till these Badlands start treating us good? wink.gif

Ha ha ha close. Bjorn to be wild, actually. rollinglaugh.gif Oh yes I did.

Molly Hatchet and Bjorn Tu Beywyyld, chopping down Skyrim to size. Living it up. ha ha

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 22 2015, 03:57 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I have always liked the guard armors in Sky. But the trouble is, they are guard armor. I just cannot roleplay a character wearing it without the associations with the hold. Like wearing a police uniform. I wish there were a few non-guard versions of the armor with different colors, so I could still wear the armor, but not feel like a guard.

Still, I did some more experimenting tonight.

Here are two of Molly in DG Armor and war axe and a pair of shields:
Matherian Iron Shield / Solitude Shield

But of course there is something wonderfully visceral about a big axe
DG Armor and Battleaxe / Fur-Hide and Battleaxe

Right now I am leaning mostly toward the Fur-Hide and Iron Battleaxe. It is about as plain as it gets, but it has a barbaric ferocity to its look.

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Feb 21 2015, 09:23 AM) *

Molly Hatchet and Bjorn Tu Beywyyld, chopping down Skyrim to size. Living it up. ha ha

I was thinking of Steppenwolf after I posted the links to the Springsteen songs. But I left them up there, because hey, I like them... wink.gif

You should try to make Bjorn look like Bjorn from Vikings. Though sadly, they don't have his hair, at least in the vanilla game.

Oh, and I was going to say, you really summed up Molly in your second post about the people in high school who wore the Molly Hatchet stuff. She isn't evil, or necessarily cruel. But don't mess with her, or she will hack you in two.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 22 2015, 04:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 22 2015, 05:31 AM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

I like her Matherian shield ... looks radical. Hard to explain. It suits her more.

Damn. She looks good with a big axe too! Both those armor suits too. It's like Lopov says--she looks best if some skin is showing. Don't cover her up.

Ha! I finally saw an episode of Vikings the other day. viking.gif Pretty intense show!

And yeah, those people in high school. Everybody probably had a different name for them. Basically, if you think of Breakfast Club, the guy who plays Bender would be the type I am talking about. We called them burnouts in my high school. smile.gif And metalheads. Headbangers. And also grits. Seriously, they called themselves 'grits' for some reason, so it's funny we have our very own Grits. smile.gif

Anyways, Molly's awesome. Make sure you show Wyrd what you've created.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 22 2015, 05:44 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Feb 21 2015, 11:31 PM) *

Make sure you show Wyrd what you've created.

You mean the toon I roll to beat the game with? wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 22 2015, 08:29 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I'd go with fur armor, it looks better, she looks more wild, in DG armor she looks more reserved.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2015, 02:38 AM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

I like the Fur/Hide combo, but what I do not like about it is that it is colorless. It is all brown. I would like to find something with some red in it, as that is one of Molly's colors. I tried recoloring it to give it a red tint, but instead it just looks pink. sad.gif

I tried the Triss Outfit, and like the red it adds. The only problem is that it is a bit fancy for her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 23 2015, 02:45 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2015, 08:38 PM) *

I like the Fur/Hide combo, but what I do not like about it is that it is colorless. It is all brown. I would like to find something with some red in it, as that is one of Molly's colors. I tried recoloring it to give it a red tint, but instead it just looks pink. sad.gif

I tried the Triss Outfit, and like the red it adds. The only problem is that it is a bit fancy for her.

I liked her best in the Foresworn with the huge axe, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 23 2015, 01:41 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice characters, Lopov and ghastley. I will be adding one soon perhaps, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 24 2015, 12:28 AM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

I know I’m late to this party, but I liked Molly in the chitin best. It has a pieced-together look that echoes her Fallout getup I think better than the TG armor which looks more like it.

Also I can’t resist a plug for Molly to wear possibly my favorite armor on women, the Crimson Ranger. Channah wore the set called Crimson Archer that comes with Immersive Armors. I loved that armor every second that she wore it.

The skimpy fur and big axe looks like a winner, but as you pointed out the colors aren’t quite awesome enough for her. Maybe the fur and hide with the Matherian shield and a war axe? With a shield she would look a little more protected even with her abs out in the breeze biggrin.gif

I love her in the red Dawnguard, too. The colors are great and her Mohawk makes a nice contrast to the orderly-looking armor. Mikke sported a similar look (heavy DG armor and red mohawk dreads) in her early days. She carried the Targe of the Blooded and a Dawnguard axe with it. The kill-cams were great fun, because she looked somewhat official and behaved like an absolute savage.

Also, check out Bjorn from Viking’s season three hair. I think Molly would approve. tongue.gif Isn’t there a vanilla style similar to this?

Oh, and remember this armor? I forget what it was called, I just had a picture of Valdi trying it on. It’s kind of saying Molly to me. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 24 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

Well, I have gone though all 125 pages of armor on the Nexus, and not found anything for Molly. Although I did save a few armors for possible use with future characters.

But, the last few pages got me thinking of trying to do another retexture. Now I think I finally have Molly's armor, barring someone suggesting a mod or vanilla suit I have not seen/thought of.

Molly in Ancient Nord retextured red

Grits: I love that Crimson Ranger armor! I used it with my Redguard Horse Archer Neith way back. But the trouble is the female version is broken. There is literally a hole in the mesh at the throat, right between the two halves of the collar. Now that I have seen it, it is all I can ever think of. I keep waiting to see if the modder ever fixed it, but alas, not so. sad.gif

Bjorn's Season three is looking just like his dad's hair, except without the braids in it! I think I liked his Season Two hair better, with the old school Frank style. You don't see that too often (not that you see Daddy Ragnar's often either wink.gif) Molly does like both! I like his girlfriend's new hair best though! wub.gif But there aren't any vanilla or Apachii versions like that. sad.gif I found one mod that had a wide, but short mohawk which I liked. But you had to be a member of the site (I think LoversLab?) to download, and I didn't feel like signing on to a site I am otherwise never going to use again, so nevermind that.

I did try that Rogue Armor that Valdi has on. smile.gif But it just did not look quite right on Molly. I think it looks better on Valdi. It might be the hair.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 24 2015, 01:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 24 2015, 01:26 AM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

That looks fantastic! Great job! Oh my gosh, you really nailed it! It’s so fun to watch your characters come together. IPB Image

I am drawing a complete blank on a town outfit for Molly. I’m trying to think of outfits with pants, and all of the ones in Common Clothes are very drab in color. I saw a retexture of the mining outfit somewhere, but it has the big bust issue. Roughspun tunic with her boots and gauntlets still on?

I love Bjorn’s girlfriend’s hair in that picture. I really hope she doesn’t die. But of course Lagertha has the best hair in the show. All of those braids!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 24 2015, 01:34 AM
Post #20

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa, I must agree! That retex in red of the ancient Nord armor looks purrrrrfect for Molly! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:25 PM