213 Pages V « < 199 200 201 202 203 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
ghastley
post Apr 21 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #4001

Councilor
Group Icon

They've added a (free) character slot when they introduced a new class, as you can't switch the class of an existing one. That was done for Warden and Necromancer, and I think they were the only times it happened. One of those also let you buy an additional slot, as we've gone from 15 to 18. This expansion doesn't have a new class, so I'm not expecting a character slot.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 21 2020, 08:19 PM
Post #4002

Councilor
Group Icon

D'oh! We already had 15 character slots. *palms face* Carry on!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 22 2020, 12:29 AM
Post #4003

Mouth
Group Icon

The new zone is already on the PTS, eh? As tempting as it is to finally try out the PTS, I think I'd rather just wait until the final product is out to let it all hit me at once. Cool that Proudspire Manor is one of the new houses, which makes me tempted to buy it...

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 25 2020, 06:37 PM
Post #4004

Ancient
Group Icon

Misa (a few minutes ago) JUST earned the Monster Slayer Achievement!!!

I remember about 3 years ago (at least 3 years ago) when Jerric earned this Achievement and brought it to my notice = that is how long I've been working on Misa earning it! So = WOO HOO !!!!! She finally made it!

Also: Yesterday she finally did her 30th Dragonguard Daily; so she can now loot the supply chest; plus she managed to do the 30th quest in Clockwork City (it took forever to FIND it, lol) = so she earned the "Hero of Clockwork City" Achievement yesterday too!

Trying to get a lot of this stuff done while we have a break between Events, lol.

(and while my PC is still working)

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 25 2020, 06:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 26 2020, 05:35 PM
Post #4005

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 25 2020, 01:37 PM) *

I remember about 3 years ago (at least 3 years ago) when Jerric earned this Achievement and brought it to my notice = that is how long I've been working on Misa earning it! So = WOO HOO !!!!! She finally made it!

Congratulations!! That's a lot of monsters slain! viking.gif

Jerric has been questing and just met the Golden Knight. He is taking this vacation in the elf islands very seriously now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 26 2020, 05:40 PM
Post #4006

Master
Group Icon

Alise just met him! It was great to see him again, and he made Alise laugh all over again with his irrepressible charm. She even flirted with him a bit!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 26 2020, 05:53 PM
Post #4007

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 26 2020, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 25 2020, 01:37 PM) *

Congratulations!! That's a lot of monsters slain! viking.gif

Jerric has been questing and just met the Golden Knight. He is taking this vacation in the elf islands very seriously now.

I know, right? When Jerric first earned it and I went and looked at what all you needed to earn the achievement; I was stunned at how much Jerric had done so quickly! He is an animal! a real powerhouse!!!!

I knew it would take a long time for Misa to earn it; just never realized it would take THIS long, lol. Holy Cow!

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 26 2020, 12:40 PM) *

Alise just met him! It was great to see him again, and he made Alise laugh all over again with his irrepressible charm. She even flirted with him a bit!

He really is charming; and very funny!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 27 2020, 05:52 PM
Post #4008

Councilor
Group Icon

My latest characters are starting to grow up at last. Ma'Licious just got her soul back (at level 38), so now it's Al's turn. He grabbed the hand-me-down Hunding's set when he hit 34, so now he's in decent shape to tackle some more of Coldharbour. Next step is crossing the Chasm.

When Al's caught up, and got his own soul back, they'll both probably power-level on a Dolmen circuit to reach 50. And they've reached 20% on the riding speed, which makes a lot of difference when you're dolmen-chasing. Al needs to do some PvP to get Vigor and Caltrops, but I'm undecided between BG's and Cyrodiil.

Spreads hit Rank 9 in Undaunted, so now she has to go gather some Skyshards to unlock it. And Clark grabbed a Chudan Helm from the Golden, so there will be some golding required when Laurie has the time (it's cheapest for her, as she has the most passives). Wizwen got an Earthgore, too, as I remembered just in time that she wanted one. And if anything justifies the Outfit/Costume system, or Hide-your-helm, it's that one.

Those helms set the House-buying Fund back a bit, so there may be more rounds of daily writs done by everyone soon. We're hovering up and down around 2.5 million, and we need 3.8 for Serenity Falls. The achievement is already banked. Wizwen got that a long time ago.

ETA: All is now entire again at level 36. Now for Champion level on both the new characters!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 28 2020, 03:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 29 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #4009

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric was in Cyrodiil the other night with a small group of friends. There was mayhem. Much of the land seemed covered in a swarm of bees. As they rode away after one particularly satisfying engagement, Jerric got a message flashing across his vision.

“My Brothers and Sister,” he called out, “I think one of those guys was the false emperor.”

A quick check confirmed it. Regicide Red.

Amid the whoops and laughter, Jerric realized he should have kept his mouth shut. He was going to have to buy the ale tonight!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 6 2020, 10:58 PM
Post #4010

Councilor
Group Icon

Abiene took her first official healer job through Fungal Grotto 1 with a PUG today. She prepared carefully but still felt as if she might not be ready. Her group included a person who wanted to do the quest, another person who agreed, and a level 12 Khajiit in whom the YOLO was strong. The three turned around from the quest-giver to find the Khajiit already down. Abiene was mortified. They got him back up, killed those responsible, and discovered that he had run ahead and was down again. While Abiene considered how to gently suggest he wait for the tank, she noticed that HE was the tank. So she gritted her teeth and ran faster. Turns out Abiene does know a few swear words. wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 6 2020, 11:05 PM
Post #4011

Master
Group Icon

Those are just "sentence enhancers" .

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 7 2020, 12:53 AM
Post #4012

Paladin
Group Icon

It sounds like Abiene has the heart of a healer. Even though that L12 committed suicide by goblin, she is heartbroken and can't help but wrack her brain reviewing what she could have done better (which is nothing). 'Blame the Healer' is strong in her but, ironically, embracing that saying is what makes a good and nurturing healer. In case you can't tell from this post Buffy blames herself whenever an ally near her dies - even if they are afk standing under the nose of a dragon.

'Pugs are like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 10 2020, 05:38 PM
Post #4013

Mouth
Group Icon

I ran through White-Gold Tower on Veteran last night with a couple of people from my PvP guild. I had never done the normal difficulty, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The last boss was a pain and took about 5 tries, but we made it through. So I got both the wall mount and the bust at the same time. I have them both up in my Hall of the Lunar Champion, though I still need to put them in my Gardner House.

Speaking of housing, my Hall of the Lunar Champion is finished! Added some stuff from the luxury furnisher the past couple weeks and I think the third room of the Hall came out wonderfully. While I would like to introduce the home to the guild, you can visit it on your own if you want. The Hall is my primary residence. I think you can visit the Gardner House with an add-on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 11 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #4014

Councilor
Group Icon

Everything happened at once this weekend.

Things started at a normal pace with Taminwe hitting Rank 9 in Undaunted, and doing a Skyshard run to unlock it.

Then Ma'Licious made it to level 50, and immediately retired to Hunding's while Laurie made her a CP160 set of Julianos. The senior members of the crew than swarmed Deshaan to pick up the pieces of Mother's Sorrow she needed. Blossom fetched a Lightning Staff from the quest at Silent Mire, Leveque got an Inferno Staff from the public dungeon (he was the only one that hadn't cleared it before), and everyone ran the dolmens for the jewelry. She has no monster set yet, but is running a random Undaunted shoulder and a Magnus' hat for now.

In the process, the crew reached CP998, as the enlightenment had built up while Ma'Licious and Al were doing sub-champ stuff. Nearly 4 million in the pot, close to losing some! ohmy.gif

So now it's Al's turn, and we got him to champ mainly by running the Alinor dolmens. Again, he has to drop back to Hunding's while we gather his grown-up sets. The Hunding's Rage was easy, but we only had one piece of Briarheart - a ring. So that means everyone has to go off to Wrothgar for more. We want weapons, and jewelry, and the dailies there can drop pieces of the other two sets, and armour, so they do so. We got two of each from the Pariah, and Trinimac's Valor sets for each one of the Briarheart, and the Briarheart items were all boots. FIVE sets of boots, and nothing else. We did manage to find a Greatsword and a Bow in the guild stores that we could buy cheaply and improve, but he's still missing a neck and another ring. Like Ma'Licious, he has just a shoulder of Undaunted, and needs the matching helmet.

With his partial gear, he was able to make a daily delve run himself and that took the team over CP1000. Not a very useful achievement, but it's a consolation. And Al did bring back another pair of Briarheart boots. tongue.gif

Somewhere in the middle of all that, Bo also reached Undaunted 9, and there are several more that will do so during the week.

The Serenity Falls Fund is almost at the 3 milliom mark. The daily crafting rounds are bringing in about 5k a time per character, so we're just grinding that up. Ma'Licious will also be making a start on the Elsweyr quests soon, if we find the time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 11 2020, 03:18 PM
Post #4015

Paladin
Group Icon

Grats to Cincy on vWGT! Too scary for me! tongue.gif Also glad you're pleased with your Lunar Champion Hall.

ghastley, a busy weekend indeed! 1000CP is pretty impressive and I know it feels good to get that Undaunted L9 behind you.

Buffy was finding it hard to keep up with all the variants, and Acadian has largely served his purpose (teaching Buffy how to better support tanks and what life as a tank is like). So she's been letting the tank, magblade and bowblade all rest for several weeks now and much prefers the slightly smaller focus on six variants (mag & bow variants of templar, sorc, warden). It does keep her dance card pretty full.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 18 2020, 02:34 AM
Post #4016

Councilor
Group Icon

It all starts with Laurie wanting a few stacks of coins for various locations. We discover that the only stacked coins are an achievement item for 100 picked pockets. Minx has been doing the Thieves Guild quest-line, but is hopeless at picking pockets, because it's a skill that's useless until you level it up, which you can't do when it fails all the time.

It feels like the sub-15 skills in TES III:Morrowind that won't advance with use, because they don't get any XP when they keep missing. You have to train those past that threshhold, and the ESO equivalent seems to be stealing from containers to raise Legerdemain, so you can put skill points in the Pick-pocket part.

But that method runs into the fence cap. She can't advance it as fast as we'd like because she has to put points in Trafficking to raise the limit, which in turn requires her to do even more general larceny. She's complaining that she wanted to be naughty, not criminal! laugh.gif

I'm sure it will accelerate at some point, but right now, it's a grind. We have at least found a good location in Orsinium, where there's house to burgle right opposite the Outlaw Refuge, so she doesn't have to travel far.

It's not just that one item, of course. There appear to be a lot of interesting furnishings that can only be made from purloined plans. Especially the Redoran/Hlaalu/Telvanni ones she'd like for her own house.

Al and Ma'Licious have been doing skyshard hunts to raise their weaker skills, and crafting ranks. And everyone is till doing daily writs for the cash. We're not over 3.3 million, so that's about a week left before we can afford the house.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 18 2020, 11:06 PM
Post #4017

Mouth
Group Icon

A new character has entered the fold. Her name is Grazba gra-Nagorm and she is an Orc Dragonknight. Those of us who like to get steeped in TES may recognize that last name. For those who don't, Gortwog gro-Nagorm is a major character in TESII: Daggerfall, the king of Orsinium during that game's events and led the charge to have Orsinium recognized as its own political and geographical entity by the Third Empire. It might have happened too had it not been for the Oblivion Crisis and Uriel Septim VII's assassination. (Speaking of, in TESIV: Oblivion you can come across a couple of Orc adventurers who mention Gortwog and how they are adventuring to bring glory to their homeland. I think Gortwog sent them personally.)

Apart from that, though, I haven't really thought much about Grazba's background or how her story ends. Honestly, the main reason I created her was for my PvP guild. I'm going to become a "core" member in a few werks where you have a specific build tailored to your playstyle and what you find most fun. Unfortunately, the nature of PvP in Cyro gimps Argonians who want to go DPS because their passives aren't helpful for it. They are much better suited for healer roles. The two heads of my guild didn't want to force a choice upon me, but I either had the option to change Cincy's race (which was absolutely NOT going to happen) or create a brand-new Orc character (Orc was the best choice for me, as I was told) to make the most viable DPS for my style. Thus, I went with the latter option. It sucks, but I understand. Argonians get great defensive racial passives but basically nothing for offense. At least I didn't have to waste a race change token since I have the Any Race Any Alliance bundle, so Grazba has gone straight to the Pact. On UNOFFICIAL raid nights, however, I still want to bring Cincy. At least my guildmasters helped me reallocate my CPs to be more effective at damaging.

Also, I'm trying to get her to level 50 by Sunday. If anybody wants to group up to help me along, that would be much appreciated. I think the public dungeons will be tremendously helpful along with some of Craglorn. Public dungeon group events will get me extra skill points.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: May 18 2020, 11:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 18 2020, 11:56 PM
Post #4018

Paladin
Group Icon

ghastley - Good luck as you navigate the path to your new home. smile.gif

Rader - Welcome to Grazba! May her blade strike true and her kills be many. I'd imagine that getting her horse up to 60 speed and her Undaunted up to 9 will comprise the longest part of her training.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 19 2020, 05:38 AM
Post #4019

Councilor
Group Icon

I have a new Jerric kicking around (Riding Speed: 3), and Abiene is working on some new skills, so I would love to group up. Abiene needs Skyshards and also to work on her Alliance War skills. She went to Cyrodiil tonight and almost immediately ran into a heavy hitter that we know playing on a different Alliance. We got the heck right out of there! laugh.gif

ghastley, good luck with the reluctant criminal. My crew likes the warehouse in Vulkhel Guard. It’s not difficult to imagine that they’re just buying groceries.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 19 2020, 11:28 PM
Post #4020

Councilor
Group Icon

Al could use some help getting his Vigor and Caltrops, so a bit of support trading would be in order.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 199 200 201 202 203 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:51 AM