255 Pages V « < 202 203 204 205 206 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Jul 10 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #4061

Master
Group Icon

Been sprucing up and 'filming' my map's Hartlepool goods delivery run for an upcoming TpF Scenic Excursions episode. Much more needs to be done to make the route presentable start to finish, but enough scenic detail is in place to get by. I'm in no great rush to edit and upload the results. Nor do I have any great enthusiasm to do so.

Unsubscribed to four YouTube gaming channels I've not watched in years, one of them my very first YT subscription. The only gaming series I watch these days without fail is GrandT's ongoing Transport Fever 600 Town Mildlands Map, two episodes per week. I subscribe to another TpF centric YouTuber, Colonel Failure, but haven't watched him much recently.

Speaking of which, here's Colonel Failure's recent video on the upcoming Transport Fever 2.

Wednesday Evening Addendum:
In Trainz 2019 I attempted my first "Flying Scotsman" run. Gah! I'm not used to piloting so powerful a steam loco. Was cruising along at 74mph. Saw my first stop some distance away. Began slowing at what I assumed was a reasonably safe rate. To cut to the chase, I overshot the station so much the entire train was past the platforms and still not come to a full stop. I threw in the towel at that point.

In TpF I added a third train to my Coal Mine to Chestam Steel Mill line.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jul 11 2019, 02:26 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 10 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #4062

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit started a new play through of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jul 13 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #4063

Master
Group Icon

Saki is still playing world of Warcraft.

After my last incident with guild, i got let go. Sucked, but whatever. Just moved back to where I was before I was in that guild. Getting more things done as well, higher ranking dungeons and better raid progression.

Eh. Not terribly bad. Just hoping I have a better track record with these guys.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 19 2019, 10:47 AM
Post #4064

Master
Group Icon

Been playing Transport Fever hot-and-heavy these past some days. Nuked a good fourth of Hartlepool to increase its Railway Passenger Station from four to eight tracks. Don't need those extra tracks at the moment, but might in the future. Besides, that area was an eyesore prior to nuking. Game A.I. has partially rebuilt the area, but it's not (yet?) as populated as it was.

Nuked a small amount of Bebington to increase tracks leading to its Railway Passenger Station from two to four. Should have done so long ago.

Smoothed a few bumpy railway junctions.

Am thinking to rename all cities to avoid folk assuming I'm trying to model a section of RL Britain, as some TpF players do. In this case, city names are simply what A.I. assigned during random map generation, nothing more.

Having redone a portion of scenery along my Coal Mine to Chesham Steel Mill short-line, I 'filmed' it for use as a Scenic Excursions episode. All clips are in place, transitions added. I now face my too-frequent nemesis, inability to come up with sufficient text narrative.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 19 2019, 11:43 AM
Post #4065

Ancient
Group Icon

I suggest names like Dunwich, Innsmouth, Arkham, Kingsport, Lefferts Corners, etc...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 19 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #4066

Master
Group Icon

Starlink and Mario X-com on the Switch.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 20 2019, 12:11 PM
Post #4067

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 19 2019, 05:43 AM) *

I suggest names like Dunwich, Innsmouth, Arkham, Kingsport, Lefferts Corners, etc...

My thought is to abolish true city names altogether and use a series of 'themed' names in their stead. Something trite most likely, but the jury's still out. There's every chance things will remain as they are. Changing city names will require me to also manually change the name of every train/tram/bus/truck route, every individual train, and many auxiliary sub-stations. We're talking hundreds and hundreds of changes.

I still sometimes think to join the recreation crowd and use a specialized map theoretically representing an area within some RL nation. (These are usually offered in reduced scale due to game/performance limitations.) If I do so, cities will of course bear real names and physical relationships with one another.

Otherwise, I've done little in TpF beyond trading in Canadian National Mikados for British locos on my Coal Mine to Chesham Steel Mill train line. This renders my to-be-uploaded SRA episode obsolete, in that it features the Mikados in action. Not gonna stop me from uploading the episode as-is. It remains, after all, an accurate representation of the line when 'filmed.'

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 20 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #4068

Master
Group Icon

Just when you thought It was safe to go back in the water, I emerge from the depths with a new Transport Fever Scenic Excursions episode. This time round we revisit a short-line coal delivery run between Eastleigh Mine Complex and Chesham Steel Mill. The run was first documented episode six. It has since received significant but not total scenic renovation. A third train has been added. I debated switching the line's 'Canadian National' Mikado steam locos for British motive power, but didn't do so until after 'filming.'

This new episode seems less afflicted with YT compression degradation than is my norm. Likely due to the train traveling at a decently slow speed much of the time.

To kill time awaiting the vid to upload and process, I edited and rendered an ultra short supplemental episode. I'll hold off posting until maybe Mon/Tues? We shall see.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jul 20 2019, 06:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 21 2019, 10:47 PM
Post #4069

Master
Group Icon

I'm playing Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch, playing as the most important character IN THE GAME.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 23 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #4070

Master
Group Icon

A brief supplement to Scenic Excursions ep22 is available for view. It spotlights JK's GWR 2-6-2T 5100 series Prairie Tank steam locos on the Chesham Steel Mill Ore Delivery (ultra) short-line, only this time their fine sound-set is heard in all its glory. At the end it announces the Coal Line's conversion to British steam, in this case Gr1m's LB & SCR K-class 2-6-0 locos, two per train, the second at train rear, reversed. This occurred too late for inclusion in motion footage, so it represented by two still images and YouTube thumbnail:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep22B - Ore for the Mill

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 25 2019, 01:05 AM
Post #4071

Mouth
Group Icon

Just bought DOOM (2016) last night on sale for less than $7 as well as the last 2 Fallout 4 DLCs that I did not have (Contraptions and Wasteland). Finally get to try out the last bit of settlement stuff for Fallout 4.

AND THEN, IT IS TIME FOR KILLING DEMONS.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 2 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #4072

Master
Group Icon

I'm playing:
Starlink.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Doom 3.
Warframe.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
and Ys 8.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 2 2019, 03:46 PM
Post #4073

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Aug 2 2019, 04:17 PM) *

I'm playing:

Doom 3.

Oh, reeeeeally? Well the, might I inquire where thoust are at the moment?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 2 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #4074

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 2 2019, 09:46 AM) *

Oh, reeeeeally? Well the, might I inquire where thoust are at the moment?

I just got started, I'm at the Mars City Underground just prier to Hell breaking loose. Honestly I like this game more then Doom 201X though that was still a good game.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 3 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #4075

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It's not a bad survivor/horror game, but as I've said many times the weapons are pure crap and not worthy an iD game. Honestly, the Duke Nukem 3D weapons are way better and that game is from the mid '90s.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 3 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #4076

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 3 2019, 08:47 AM) *

It's not a bad survivor/horror game, but as I've said many times the weapons are pure crap and not worthy an iD game. Honestly, the Duke Nukem 3D weapons are way better and that game is from the mid '90s.

Only issue I have with the Switch version of Doom 3 is that's it the BFG edition which adds more ammo and places the flashlight on your armor and not an actual flashlight that could be use as a club. The BFG edition makes Doom 3 more of a shooter then an survival/horror like it originally was.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 4 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #4077

Master
Group Icon

Uploaded a new TpF Scenic Excursions episode overnight. We ride a freight train delivering Goods from a factory near Chesham to Hartlepool Railway Freight Station, then return with supplies for the the Factory and surrounding communities. We've not traveled this Line before, though part of it is familiar from ep16. Scenery is a mix of styles old/simple to new/elaborate:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep23 - Goods for Hartlepool

This might be my last episode for some time, as I've again run out of train lines worth adding scenery to. We shall see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 6 2019, 07:45 PM
Post #4078

Master
Group Icon

Yesterday and today I did something I'd all but given up on...extend Eppings - Kidderminister Railway Passenger Service to Chesham. Its two trains are expanded with additional coaches. (It is doubtful those coaches will ever fill. I could likely have left those trains their original size, but what the heck.) Surprisingly, I needed to bulldoze only around eight Kidderminster buildings to make room for the railway tunnel allowing the extension of exist. I also reduced Kidderminster Passenger Station from three terminals to two. An identical two-terminal elevated station is in place at Chesham, to terminate the line. A faux train line extends from the new Chesham Station to map edge, not that far away. I'll almost certainly not 'film' the new Line, as landscaping it will be a Herculean endeavor. I'm not ever sure where to start on that beast.

Trainz wise, I drove a freight service session. I managed to fail three times! First two times I was unsure about signaling and made wrong guesses. Third time, at the very end, I needed to back the train onto a siding and uncouple the engine/tender. During the process I realized I didn't know how to move the camera to train rear. While trying to figure that out the train backed too far, derailing. Ended up saving the session right before the backup, exiting, practicing Tutorial 1 until I understood the proper camera movement, then relaunch the session and finish up no sweat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 7 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #4079

Mouth
Group Icon

Dusk has been completed! If you like old-school first-person shooters, particularly the original Quake, I highly recommend this game. Fantastic atmosphere along with the great gameplay. Awesome soundtrack too.

Here are the games that are now in the rotation.

AMID EVIL - Made by the same guys who made Dusk, I believe. But it has a magic, medieval style to it instead of dark and gothic. Only played the first level a couple months ago to make sure it ran well.

Elder Scrolls Online - Having not played the game since January 2018, there is a ton of content that is left to be done, even disregarding the newer DLCs that I don't have. Just jumped back into it last week.

Venetica - An interesting-looking action-RPG set in long-ago Venice, the setting is a nice change for me. Played a couple hours the other day, and so far I like it.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 11 2019, 01:10 AM
Post #4080

Master
Group Icon

Besides a super long session of TpF this morning, I've been experimenting with modded Daggerfall Unity. To my surprise, my current save-file from classic DF loads without issue and runs like a charm. It's not without trade-offs, however. My character's Daggerfall City home is gone. Well, the building's there. He no longer owns it. Nor is his vast store of goods to be found there. I didn't relish him being a pauper, but this is mitigated somewhat in that his bank account still exists. He holds rank in all organizations he should, with proper reputation. His quest log is bare, however. I've no idea if his progress toward completing the main quest is still valid. (Basically, he's only one quest away from finishing. Or should be.)

One glitch encountered thus far; while exploring the house that was his home, he got stuck between a bed and wall. Had to reload the save to fix it. There's a function in classic DF to correct that. Didn't work in Unity. (Or I've forgotten its KEY, but don't think so.)

Unity mods installed thus far are all graphics/cosmetic improvement. At first, I didn't see them as beneficial. They're starting to grow on me. Some I like quite a lot. Some improved sound/music files are nice too. Am still looking for certain mods mentioned on YouTube but not found (so far) at Workshop.

ADDENDUM: Hmmmm. I begin to wonder if I confused the 'get unstuck' key for the 'transport to different dungeon points' key? Gonna have to investigate.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 11 2019, 01:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 202 203 204 205 206 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:10 AM