Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyrodiil is doomed!, unclosable gate!
Joryn
post Apr 30 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Agent

Im having a slight........ major problem with the MQ. It seems those crafty buggers in downtown Oblivion have managed to create a Joryn proof sigil stone. Since Im the only git in all of Tamriel who can close these darned gates (with everyone else being useless, ya know rolleyes.gif ) Tamriel doesnt have much hope when the Daedra create tamper proof sigil stones.

What Im really trying to say is Im trying to close the Oblivion gate near Anvil for the MQ but it seems the sigil stone is there, but I cant interact with it. Nothing appears, no name, pick icon, nowt. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and has a way to deal with it? Im on 360 so while any pc help is appriciated, it is also useless.

Im not of the mind of starting over again, but it looks that way as all my saves are after entering the Oblivion gate. While it helped me through the 360's freezing, it looks like I am now stuck with an unclosable gate. But like I said, any help or tips would be appriciated.

I have tried:
Reloading (obviously)
Leaving the plane and re-entering
Closing a non MQ related gate in the hopes that it might somehow jog this rogue sigil stone back into being an object.

If there is some pointer I am missing in this, I will be very grateful and embarrassed if anyone could share it with me. Thanks muchly. happy.gif

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rane
post Apr 30 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Lurker
Group Icon

This is part of the Aid for Bruma quest, right? That's an optional quest so you do not have to close all the gates near the cities in order to get help from that city. Doing this quest will only give you more guards to fight by your side in a later quest. But as said, you can just complete the quest Martin has given you instead and move on (should be the Armor of Tiber Septim quest).
+Quote Post
Joryn
post Apr 30 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #3

Agent

QUOTE(Rane @ Apr 30 2006, 11:59 AM)
This is part of the Aid for Bruma quest, right? That's an optional quest so you do not have to close all the gates near the cities in order to get help from that city. Doing this quest will only give you more guards to fight by your side in a later quest. But as said, you can just complete the quest Martin has given you instead and move on (should be the Armor of Tiber Septim quest).

Ahh, I see. Im still living in the Hortator - Morrowind days. I was under the impression that every city needed to send aid before you could continue. I have uncovered the great welkynd stone Martin needs, so as long as I continue with those quests Bruma will be attacked eventually right?

Ill give Bravil and Leyawiin a try for guards, but thanks for that. I was very near starting all over again. Thanks again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rane
post Apr 30 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #4

Lurker
Group Icon

QUOTE(Joryn @ Apr 30 2006, 02:03 PM)
I have uncovered the great welkynd stone Martin needs, so as long as I continue with those quests Bruma will be attacked eventually right?

Aye, that will happen no matter how many cities you have gotten to help you. You can even continue to this point without the support of any other Count. Of course, that will make things a bit more challenging later on.
+Quote Post
Joryn
post Apr 30 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #5

Agent

QUOTE(Rane @ Apr 30 2006, 12:08 PM)
Aye, that will happen no matter how many cities you have gotten to help you. You can even continue to this point without the support of any other Count. Of course, that will make things a bit more challenging later on.

Ah, good. Well Anvil can balls then. Theyll need more than a crowbar to move that hot potato. Im off back on the MQ now. Thanks a lot for the help Rane. Aprreciate it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 30 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I did it without Anvil and another couple of cities smile.gif You really don't need all unless you're playing with very high difficulty I think...
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 1 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

What does the help do anyway? I'm on that part myself, and I'm wondering it's worth it, does it just mean another companion or two to come with me through that dungeon? If it does it would only hurt since it'd screw up my fream rate.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Rane
post May 1 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #8

Lurker
Group Icon

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ May 1 2006, 05:05 AM)
What does the help do anyway?  I'm on that part myself, and I'm wondering it's worth it, does it just mean another companion or two to come with me through that dungeon?  If it does it would only hurt since it'd screw up my fream rate.

There will eventually be an attack against Bruma. A few Oblivion gates will open outside the city but this time you (and Martin & Co) are prepared. So, the more Counts you have visited and gotten the support from, the more guards you'll have by your side when waiting outside Bruma for the gates to open. Once the gates open you'll be fighting Daedra until a bigger gate opens that you're supposed to enter. So, the guards you can get only help you in the fight outside Bruma. Once the main gate opens you're on your own to close it (much to the player's surprise).
+Quote Post
Furious_George
post May 1 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ Apr 30 2006, 08:26 AM)
I did it without Anvil and another couple of cities smile.gif You really don't need all unless you're playing with very high difficulty I think...

You really don't need anyone's help, no matter your difficulty level. You just need to keep Martin alive (okay, that CAN be a challenge) long enough to run into the Big Bad Oblivion gate when it opens. Martin will be fine while you're gone. Run though the towers to the top to shut it down before the 13 min is up and you win!
+Quote Post
Khaine
post May 1 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #10

Retainer

I did it by getting the help of all cities (and got some excelent sigil stones huhu)... so no bug here.

Got the major sigil stone in just 5 minutes running all the way to the top of the tower casting invisibility spells.
+Quote Post
Joryn
post May 2 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #11

Agent

Little interesting point I thought I would add. After skipping the Anvil gate, I went to Bruma, and saved the day. Of course what I didnt see coming is that all the survivors would be brawling with eachother and some attacking martin. I of course ran to his aid and killed the attackers only to get bounty on my head.

This bounty (like the sigil stone) was no ordinary bounty, but a SUPER bounty. After reloading my game to before the gates battle I dicovered that this super bounty had managed to travel back in time with me and I was immedietly caught by a guard. Although I paid no time passed or money was taken from me.

Still it was worth it after seeing a Bruma militia in fur armour kill a bruma guard in one punch. I was laughing my head off until I saw Martin and some guards alternate between clapping and cheering for me and killing eachother. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Furious_George
post May 2 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Khaine @ May 1 2006, 02:17 PM)
I did it by getting the help of all cities (and got some excelent sigil stones huhu)... so no bug here.

Got the major sigil stone in just 5 minutes running all the way to the top of the tower casting invisibility spells.

Even easier is to wear enough constant effect chamelon enchantments to get to 100% - I know I've said it plenty of times, but you are truly uber at that point - you can't be seen and can attack with impunity. The only way you can die then is the 'storm' effect of storm atronachs (which are constantly swirling around them) or the Oblivion fire towers which detect you no matter what. With a speed enchantment and chameleon, I made it in less than 4 min.
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 3 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

I've started using chameleon enchanted items recently, and the game gets a bit boring when I do, I must admit. Still I can't seem to stop myself... wacko.gif

Wearing two rings (one of them the 35% chameleon from that shrine quest), one amulet, one cuirass and a pair of gloves I get 103% chameleon. No one will see me or attack me, not even if I try talking to vampires etc. in caves. I can loot caves with a blazing torch in my hand, and enemies will go about their business without interrupting me.

I know it's up to me to limit the use of chameleon, but still I wish there would be an in-game limitation to perhaps 50% or something.

Ok, sorry for the off-topic. I'll go away now...

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Ajah90
post May 16 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #14

Associate

It has happened to me, however if you were to go to bruma and finish without any help that means only you, Martin, Jauffre and Baurus can defend bruma and if Martin gets killed it's game over
+Quote Post
Petra Arkanian
post Dec 6 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #15

Agent

Hey i got a question. Im on this one Oblivion Plane i forget where. I stuck finding help for bruma, ya know? So my problem is that there are tons of towers, and my compass doesn't work! Arrg! I've gone thru other oblivion gates, (duh) but i JUST CAN'T GET THIS ONE!

There are these towers called the Tornado and Hurrican do u guys recognize them?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

ALso, what happens when its 'game over'? does it come down in big letters or summat? biggrin.gif Im curious?

Pleze tell so that im not tempted to make a game over! Is it just like when u die???????

This post has been edited by Petra Arkanian: Dec 6 2010, 08:47 PM

--------------------
Idiosyncrasy, my newest story

There is no better disguise for an assassin than riding into the Imperial City on a Unicorn.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 7 2010, 05:07 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Petra Arkanian @ Dec 6 2010, 02:45 PM) *

Hey i got a question. Im on this one Oblivion Plane i forget where. I stuck finding help for bruma, ya know? So my problem is that there are tons of towers, and my compass doesn't work! Arrg! I've gone thru other oblivion gates, (duh) but i JUST CAN'T GET THIS ONE!

There are these towers called the Tornado and Hurrican do u guys recognize them?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

ALso, what happens when its 'game over'? does it come down in big letters or summat? biggrin.gif Im curious?

Pleze tell so that im not tempted to make a game over! Is it just like when u die???????

That should be the gate that has the secret tower leaned over on it's side as soon as you enter the gate. (Hatred's Heart weapons inside - bow, arrows, and mace) Awesome weapons! - if you need a walk-through for that, I can post it.

Okay, the path leads around to either the left or right, you can take either. You will come to a smaller tower with a bridge over to the 5 big towers in a circle. Go inside and take the walkthrough into the next tower. I think you have to go down all the way on that one and step out. Only two towers will get you to the central tower, I think Hurricane and Tsunami. Turn the gate crank in each till you find that tower.

When you are on the walkways, look around and you will see the right towers have another walkway that is lower on them.

Once inside either of those towers, go down till you find that lower walkway. Then cross over to the central tower on that lower walkway. That will be the right one.

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 7 2010, 05:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 8 2010, 04:58 AM
Post #17

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Petra Arkanian @ Dec 6 2010, 11:45 AM) *

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

And there is no game over! It ain't over till Petra says its over! You can play as long as you like, even after completing the Main Quest or anything else you want. Most players get to a point where they simply retire their character and make a new one. If you're like mALX and I, you will probably someday simply take the same character and start her anew! mALX = Maxical; Acadian = Buffy. Lol.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Arcry
post Dec 17 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #18

Agent

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 7 2010, 09:58 PM) *

-Snip-

Thats basicaly what I have been doing with Silver-Tongue ever since the original was pulled into the Morrowind Incident. Keeps things interesting, or so I think anyway. Always fun to invent new reasons to why he is is tossed into prison in Morro. and Obl.

This post has been edited by Arcry: Dec 17 2010, 07:05 AM
+Quote Post
grif11
post Dec 26 2010, 02:14 AM
Post #19

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Khaine @ May 1 2006, 06:17 PM) *

Better than my plan!

I was about level 30 when I went through the big gate. I thought "Hey,why not just not attack anyone and run to the top" worked ok until I renembered I was wearing full daedric without any other clothes.

sooo.......

I became the first argonian streaker in oblivion!

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 3 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #20

Agent

QUOTE(Rane @ Apr 30 2006, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Joryn @ Apr 30 2006, 02:03 PM)
I have uncovered the great welkynd stone Martin needs, so as long as I continue with those quests Bruma will be attacked eventually right?

without any help you dont have a whole lot of chance to be honest . i think your receive 2 guards from each city ( although i think one or two actually provide one single guard) - i always thought the contribution was truely measly . clearly the rest of cyrodill didnt care much for the nords eh ? wink.gif

without any help you will have one or two bruma guards and jauffre and baurus ( depending on if he survived)

even with the full help i still struglle to keep martin alive , the main issue is the guards stick to there bows whilst martin rushed right in and tends to end up getting killed by swarms of angry daedra

This post has been edited by flowerboom: Feb 3 2013, 04:50 PM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:04 PM