Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Then and Now..., Character Changes!
Renee
post Jun 10 2014, 11:05 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

BUMP!

This is going to be a Then and Now dedication to my latest character, Renee Gade III, daughter of Renee Gade II, and granddaughter of Renee Gade the first. I think since this is grandma, mom, and daughter why not have a look at the one who started it all.

IPB Image

That is Renee Gade, and she is Imperial. This is her as pictured in the Year 389 of the 3rd Era. She is my TES 1: Arena character. I like to imagine she is very young in this pic; no more than 18. She's not very good with writing, she keeps a journal which is so sloppy I can barely tolerate reading it, but she is also bright enough to use magic. I like to think she was a battlemage-in-training for Uriel Septim's VII's court, but unfortunately she (along with Uriel himself) was imprisoned by Jagar Tharn, the evil wizard who took over the land of Tamriel.

IPB Image

And that is Renee Gade II, she was an OB character from my PS3 days. Unlike the original battlemage from Arena, RG2 did not use magic at all, RG2 was a pure fighter. The only exception to this was I allowed her to use the default healing spell. She was my first DiD character, but she lasted quite awhile. She was also my first true roleplay. Umaril the Unfeathered is the one who eventually did RG2 in.

IPB Image

That is a picture of Claudette Colbert, who played in Cleopatra, a movie from like 1933 or something. I put her pic there because Claudette is the one whose looks I used to model RG2. See the similarity? smile.gif I did my best. I wanted to use Xena for inspiration on RG2's looks, but the problem is the vanilla game does not support hairstyles with bangs. And you gotta have bangs on your head if you want to look like Xena. Anyways, Cleopatra instead of Xena.

Sorry if that's a bit indulgent. I want to see all my gals in one place for once. Anyways, next we'll get to the Then and Now portion.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jun 11 2014, 10:42 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 11 2014, 12:43 AM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

IPB Image

That is the randomized face which I started with. Looks nothing like the warrior goddess I'd eventually create! Lol. But that's where it all started.

IPB Image

And above is Renee Gade III, the vanilla version, after I had tweaked this way and that. That's her near the end of the Tutorial sewers, after almost dying, as we can see by the health & stamina meters. She chose not to eat the food we find in the middle of that one room (the one with the broken barrels of cheese & other food) so her stats were pretty thin.

IPB Image

There she is again, all healed up. I spent a lot of time finally using Xena for inspiration instead of Cleopatra. smile.gif At this stage, I had messed with her face, getting it as far as I could. She doesn't have Xena's famous smirk, and hasn't yet got Xena's famous hair. I would eventually go on a mad search to find just the right hairstyle for my gal, finally getting Coolsims to work. smile.gif

IPB Image

I believe that is the first pic of her with Coolsims hair. Whoops, no it's not. That's Wind Braids / vanilla

IPB Image

Finally got her to smirk. wink.gif

IPB Image

And then that's the final version. Coolsims hair, but the armor is from Xena Updated?. This mod only gives us the armor, a couple weapons, and a quest to find all these items. And Gabrielle, although Gabby looks nothing like the gal on the show. People have tweaked her face by using the CK, and that's what I'm eventually going to do.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jun 11 2014, 10:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 11 2014, 12:16 PM
Post #23

Spam Meister
Group Icon

So nice to see the many different Renee Gades! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 11 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks, Crow. smile.gif I've been meaning to do this for awhile.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 11 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

So cool to see the evolution of Xena Gade! laugh.gif Seriously, very neat Renee.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 11 2014, 09:02 PM
Post #26

Paladin
Group Icon

I agree. A neat collection of shots showing the evolution of Renee Gade and Xena. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 11 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you thank you. And thanks to Rihanae for starting this thread. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jun 11 2014, 10:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 12 2014, 12:36 AM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

I spend a lot of time and energy working out the look of my characters before I start playing them. So they typically do not change much at all throughout the course of the game. But there are a few notable exceptions.

Nykteria at the start of her game (I used an alternate start mod to put her in a necromancer dungeon).

Here she is by the end of her run

Saya again from when I started playing her (wearing a bound cuirass from one of the stones in this pic)

In her iron phase, with new hair color

And finally in her Ayleid Armor

Up in Skyland, Persephone has gone through many changes, starting when she was alive in the 1st Age

When she joined Alessia's army

After rising from her tomb

When she finally began to get on with her death

A brief phase when the Gourmet was in Skyrim wink.gif

Finally when she stopped hiding her deadness under a cloak and hood

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 12 2014, 12:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 12 2014, 02:00 AM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Yaah, I remember Saya and Nykteria from the Hot / Not contest. smile.gif Was Nykteria friendly with necros, then?

WOW look at Persephone. blink.gif I love that first pic of her the most.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 12 2014, 03:36 AM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jun 11 2014, 09:00 PM) *

Yaah, I remember Saya and Nykteria from the Hot / Not contest. smile.gif Was Nykteria friendly with necros, then?

WOW look at Persephone. blink.gif I love that first pic of her the most.

Nykteria was a necro hunter. Her sister was killed by necromancers. So she infiltrated their group, learned their secrets, and then went on a killing spree. She used necromancy to kill necromancers. I made a list of all the necromancer and lich lairs in the game, and she cleared out every one of them.

Persephone is my favorite Sky character by far. She is the one character I keep going back to play, even after long hiatuses with other characters. There are lots more pics of her and my other characters in my pictures topic Persephone's start here.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 12 2014, 01:51 PM
Post #31

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I remember both Nykteria and Saya from the contest too, think I even voted for Saya... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 12 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #32

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the pix, SubRosa. I fondly remember Nykie the Necrohunter and, of course, Saya the Voracious (and her winged twilight familiar) was featured in your wonderful Teresa saga. Persephone is also a neat SkyChar and I'm glad she's your 'come back to' girl. She's really neat. . . well, you know, for a dead girl and all. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 12 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 11 2014, 10:36 PM) *

Nykteria was a necro hunter. Her sister was killed by necromancers. So she infiltrated their group, learned their secrets, and then went on a killing spree. She used necromancy to kill necromancers. I made a list of all the necromancer and lich lairs in the game, and she cleared out every one of them.

Very nice backstory there, in the sense that it gives Nykteria's Necro killing spree good purpose. ph34r.gif

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 12 2014, 08:51 AM) *

I remember both Nykteria and Saya from the contest too, think I even voted for Saya... biggrin.gif

I know for a fact I voted hot for Nykteria, maybe Saya too. Oh yes, definitely Saya. wub.gif Her gaze is hypnotizing in that one pic.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jun 12 2014, 10:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 12 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jun 12 2014, 04:59 PM) *

I know for a fact I voted hot for Nykteria, maybe Saya too. Oh yes, definitely Saya. wub.gif Her gaze is hypnotizing in that one pic.

Saya was indeed a maneater laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 13 2014, 03:14 AM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Teresa is indeed Six Underground.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 7 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

Here is an NPC Then and Now....

Long ago I got a mod called Xena Unleashed (something like this) which gives us Xena's armor, a few of her swords, her famous chakram, and ... Gabrielle.

Hmmm. This is the Gabrielle which came with the mod. Eeesh. Yeah I know... she looks nothing like Renee O'Conner, not at all, right?

I am not saying my Gabrielle is anything like Renee on the show, but I think once I find a blond wig with bangs in the front, it'll be hard to tell from a distance. wink.gif This was my first experiment with the Construction Set, by the way. Blew my mind.

Here is a cuter shot of her.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Nov 7 2014, 06:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 7 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 12 2014, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jun 12 2014, 04:59 PM) *

Saya was indeed a maneater laugh.gif

Yes she was, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 PM