Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind Mischiefs, A Characters Update thread
Vital
post Apr 28 2014, 01:45 PM
Post #41

Mouth
Group Icon

ohmy.gif already!?

These are the dangers we face when playing DiD. I've never played Morrowind DiD. Even though I'd already started playing DiD in Oblivion before I played Morrowind tongue.gif I kinda suck at Morrowind laugh.gif

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 28 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, looks like I missed the party. Well what a roller-coaster ride for poor Varus. He looked like he might do really well, now look at him!

I'm definitely not playing Morrowind DiD! .. Well good luck with whatever toon you roll next, Lopov.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 29 2014, 01:15 AM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

I have a character in Morrowind, too. Well, Solstheim.

And "toon?" *cringes* tongue.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 29 2014, 02:53 AM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

RIP, Varus!

I am nowhere near DiD ready in Morrowind. ohmy.gif I do have a functioning game with a Nord waiting around for me, but it will be a time before I get back to her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 29 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #45

Spam Meister
Group Icon

DE and Grits - It would be fun to read some updates from you guys. Maybe itll have the same effect on me that tmars Fallout 3 pixies had; I started to play it again myself! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 29 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

I don't always play Morrowind DiD but I try it from time to time, mostly with evil characters because if they die, I don't miss them so much. But my next character won't be DiD.

Also, it may seem that Varus died very early but in fact it's not like that. I only began writing his stories relatively late and being a vampire only represented his last 20-30 hours. He was through a lot before he became a vampire, he travelled over the Grazelands, Ashlands, Red Mountains, so he lasted some time.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Apr 29 2014, 01:17 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 29 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

Erika the Nord Battlemage is watching the sun set in Seyda Neen. She has no idea why shes been transported here, why someone left a nice axe in a tree stump, or why said axe keeps whiffing the air instead of hitting the things that are right in front of her. I expect that in time these issues will become clear for her.

Shes wearing steel greaves over common clothing. She has a package shes supposed to deliver. Shell get to that pretty soon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 29 2014, 03:54 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, good job with your new one, Gritsy. Lots of folks playing MW all the sudden.

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 28 2014, 08:15 PM) *

And "toon?" *cringes* tongue.gif

Ha ha yeah i know. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 29 2014, 05:25 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

It's good to meet Erika, I loved the "axe" part.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 29 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

I was playing my character Rowan Varrus (Imperial woman from Oblivion and Skyrim) when my old laptop died. By the time I got Morrowind going on this one she was retired from Skyrim and ready to stay retired. laugh.gif Thus Erika was born. A clueless Nord who will hopefully share my many what-the-'heck' moments getting to know the game.

I havent played Erika since last November, and I dont think I ever bothered to introduce her. Now when I fire her game up on an off day Ill be much more likely to write a little something about it. That will make me remember her better and play more. Thanks for this thread, mirocu! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 29 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #51

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 29 2014, 02:22 PM) *

Erika the Nord Battlemage is watching the sun set in Seyda Neen.

Shes very pretty smile.gif

Do you know yet what will happen in her life?

Btw dont thank me, thank Lopov for wanting to write about his Morrowind character which in turn made me make this thread! wink.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Apr 29 2014, 07:46 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 29 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

No idea. I expect she will get lots of surprises since shes never been this far east before. Shes a decent person who fell in with some unsavory friends and got way more jail time than she deserved, to explain how she got on that ship. Id guess Fighters Guild or Legion if she finds them, and Mages Guild if theyll take her. She needs to get her skills back to pre-prison levels so she wont walk around afraid of fish any more. tongue.gif

I wish I could claim credit for her looks, but if I recall character gen it was just pick a face, pick a hairstyle, play. Someone else made her pretty for me. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 29 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

Erika is pretty. She reminds me of Helena's avatar. You must have both picked the same head! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 29 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

We must have picked the same hair, too! Just different coloring. Or is the hair attached to the head when you pick it? I dont even remember. I just clicked through until I heard Hi my name is Erika smile.gif and we were done. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 29 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

As I recall you pick the hair separate from the face. I think that is the extent of character customization, aside from picking race and gender of course. Wow, how far it is come since then!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 1 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

Until I make up my mind about my next character, I'll continue Haryon's tale - you can read some basic info about him on the first page.

-----------------------------------------------

His recent adventure took place in Mournhold - after a series of investigations, failed assassination attempts, exploring ancient sewers, killing hordes of goblins, Dwemer constructs and powerful liches, Haryon found the supposed culprit for the havoc in Mournhold - Sotha Sil. But as it turned out, he couldn't be the one responsible because he was dead.

The true enemy then arrived, and it was no one else but Almalexia, the Lady of Mercy. After a long and intense battle, the Lady of Mercy was dead and Haryon, the Nerevarine, was victorious yet again. Though killing the Goddess didn't bring Haryon any pleasure, at least he felt relieved that the threat was gone.

Outside Almalexia's temple he was yet again visited by his guide, Azura, who told him the truth about Almalexia and Sotha Sil and encouraged Haryon to protect her people in the future. "It is hard to protect those who do not trust me at all," said Haryon because nobody except King Helseth believed his story about Almalexia and Sotha Sil. "Needless to say, the very same people who don't believe me now, didn't believe me in the past, when they persecuted me because I'm the Nerevarine."

But then Haryon remembered someone who should be informed about Almalexia's and Sotha Sil's death. Using the magical ring, he teleported back to Vivec City, only to receive a cold greeting from two leading Tribunal priests. They knew very well that Haryon was a Primate of the Imperial Cult, and not even the fact that he was the Nerevarine, made them change their attitude. "Dunmers are proud and distrustful," thought Haryon,"and not only is the prophesized Nerevarine a Nord, but he's also affiliated with the Nine Divines. They'll never accept me but I guess that I'm getting used to it."

He made his way up the stairs to the Palace of Vivec. He met the Man-God only once, when they discussed plans to defeat Dagoth Ur and now he came for the 2nd time, bearing bad news about Almalexia and Sotha Sil. Vivec listened closely and when Haryon finished his story, he was very, very sad. He expressed fear that Haryon would kill him one day as well, because that's what the prophecies foretell but Haryon assured him that he has nothing to fear from him.

Before leaving, Haryon gave Vivec the magical ring that allowed him to teleport to the Clockwork City in case he wanted to say goodbye to the former Tribunal gods. Then he made his way to Ebonheart, ready to part with Boots of the Apostle that served him well for a long time but now their place was on the Imperial Altar, together with many other valuable artifacts that he acquired for the Imperial Cult. Many people would kill to wear these artifacts but Haryon had no use for them and instead gave them back to the Cult, where they belonged.

It was time to leave and Haryon knew that very well. It was time to go somewhere where people don't know him. It was time to explore new lands and let the fate do the rest. But not just yet. Haryon had a few errands to accomplish on Vvardenfell. Just when he finished forming a short plan of his future events, he overheard rumors about missing armor, presumably the most powerful armor on entire Vvardenfell - the legendary Lord's Mail. Set in his ways, he couldn't help but to start a little investigation on his own...

This post has been edited by Lopov: May 1 2014, 11:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 1 2014, 11:21 AM
Post #57

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nice story there, Lopov! Battling and winning over Almalexia as the Nerevarine would surely make even Vivec nervous, I imagine.. wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 1 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #58

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, it's good to see Eric Clapton Haryon back in the thick of things once again. Makes me happy as a clam. That's so cool we can teleport in MW. When he teleports, does time pass at all?

The thing about Fast Travel in later games is some people think it's a teleportation spell (they RP it this way) but in truth it's not. Time is not supposed to pass if it's a true teleport, this is how it's handled in the table-games anyways.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 1 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #59

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Agreed, Renee smile.gif

I always have a spot outside Thirsk Marked so the Karl can return posthaste should he need to.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 1 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 1 2014, 12:21 PM) *

Nice story there, Lopov! Battling and winning over Almalexia as the Nerevarine would surely make even Vivec nervous, I imagine.. wink.gif

Thanks, mirocu. Honestly I think that Haryon wouldn't have real problems dealing with Vivec but it won't happen.
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 1 2014, 04:39 PM) *

Yes, it's good to see Eric Clapton Haryon back in the thick of things once again. Makes me happy as a clam. That's so cool we can teleport in MW. When he teleports, does time pass at all?

The thing about Fast Travel in later games is some people think it's a teleportation spell (they RP it this way) but in truth it's not. Time is not supposed to pass if it's a true teleport, this is how it's handled in the table-games anyways.

No, time doesn't pass when teleporting.
It's indeed good to be back in Haryon's shoes, unfortunately MW doesn't record the total gameplay time, so I don't know how many hours did I spend with Haryon but he's definitely one of my longest-lasting characters. He doesn't have as many hours as Lothran (2000) but I guess that he has around 200. tongue.gif
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 1 2014, 06:41 PM) *

Agreed, Renee smile.gif

I always have a spot outside Thirsk Marked so the Karl can return posthaste should he need to.

The Karl? Wow, he's an important dude. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: May 1 2014, 09:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

23 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:38 PM