Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Screenshots of your beloved Characters, Show em all!
jack cloudy
post Oct 15 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Well unfortunately, my dozen reinstalls all crapped out. At the moment I'm at the point where character creation works like a charm and so do the intro movies. But at the moment where Privateer's hold is supposed to load, I get a black screen and nothing. I've waited half an hour (multiple times) and still nothing. sad.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Oct 17 2007, 05:37 AM
Post #42

Knower
Group Icon

Here's an image of my current Ob character, Madrukh Gro-Bogrum. Sorry for the name borrowing Jack. smile.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 17 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

The link apparently leads to the Imageshack mainpage, and not your picture itself. Pity. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Oct 17 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #44

Knower
Group Icon

I've noticed. I'll try to tinker with it and solve the problem.

[img=http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7392/oblivion18gv5.png]

IPB Image

Two links ought to do it.

EDIT: Since it worked, I'll post another one and see if it works.

IPB Image

Madrukh getting drunk at the Flowing Bowl.

This post has been edited by Agent Griff: Oct 17 2007, 10:28 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Oct 18 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #45

Mouth
Group Icon

Nylea at her indoor fountain/garden. This is in The Elder Vaults Island mod. Just a sneak preview from the building process. This house actually is a Potions Cottage belonging to Maja, our hotfingered Battlemage .. she likes to pick up trinkets now and then so the potion selling is a good cover for her more dishonest tendencies.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x224/Br...ntaingarden.jpg

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 18 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Woah, Griff. That's awesome. I like him, up to the hair. Hey, can I copy this one over to Madrukh's character thread? The name is funny by the way. I have Gro-Bolg Madrukh, while yours starts with the Madrukh bit. I've got to check the Imperial library though. Adding Gro- to a name sounds Orsimer, but what does it mean? 'warrior' or something?

And is that Orcish armour in the first pic?

And you can actually become drunk in Oblivion? Sweeeeeettt!!!! (Says the guy who absolutely hates alcohol in real life to the point it borders on alcoholphobia)

Nice cottage, Ibis. I see you have flowers for alchemy (or just decoration), paintings, a dwemer lamp. The only thing I'm not sure about is the giant cross. Maybe it's just me, but christianity and TES don't feel like a good match.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Oct 18 2007, 08:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Oct 19 2007, 05:48 AM
Post #47

Knower
Group Icon

"Gro-" is a patronym which means "son of", kind of like the Arabian term "bin". That, ironically, makes your Orc's name kind of odd, if not a bit backwards. As to wheter you can use it, of course you can. And, regarding your first question, yes that cuirass is Orcish. So are the gauntlets and the boots (which can't be seen). It is worn armour however, so it isn't as good as a top-knotch Orcish cuirass.

And you can't get drunk in vanilla Oblivion. That's where mods come in. I have something like 5-7 mods but OOO is the most important. It really makes Oblivion the game it should have been. It replaces the levelling system with a more Morrowind-like system in which enemies stop levelling once they reach a certain level. Also, unlike Oblivion, Orcish armour doesn't appear past level 15. My character for example, is level 3 but he got his Orcish armour while raiding a fort at level 1. I suggest you get OOO since Oblivion is horrid without it. It also adds a realistic economy system, realistic animal behaviour and getting drunk!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 19 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, I found out. Gro- means as much as male and is put before the family name. That does make my name kind of odd. On the other hand, isn't it customary in say Japan to put the family name before the personal one? I remember Masaki Andoh once identifying himself as Andoh Masaki. Though here we're talking about a fictional Japanese in a translated game originally from Japan so it isn't perfectly accurate. That, and I was too busy drooling at his giant robot to really notice anyway.

I know about OOO and will download it, but not now. Downloading a full gigabyte worth of modding for a game I can't currently run in the first place goes a bit too far.

The realistic animal behaviour (and the levelled list change) sounds like some of the top points basic Ob is really missing. I know it is an RPG, but I kinda get pissed at how everything including my grandma wants me dead in these kind of games.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 19 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

And you never see wolf packs or anything, and it's so easy to fight wolves because if you dodge the first split second of their bite then they'll continue the action for another two seconds and you get a free attack in.

I hope TES: V will be like Oblivion, but address the shortcomings well enough. I still play Oblivion on the 360, so I don't have the luxury for mods (other than dowloads) like you PC users. I've never been able to play Morrowind for more than a couple of hours, and the game just seemed slow and annoying to me.
The speed your moving should match more with how fast your legs are moving, and you can tell that shoulders and torsos are indepenant of one another just by looking at them.

So as bad as Oblivion is sometimes made out to be, I whole-heartedly prefer it over Morrowind.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Oct 19 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #50

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh that cross came because it's a Celtic tavern building. There was the big stone cross outside in a little garden: so when I made the room for my indoor garden fountain, I copied the cross and made it smaller for the water to come out of the base. Took the tapestry from the main room where I put the door to my room instead.

You know, I've always wondered why there weren't any wolf packs in Oblivion. Mighty glad there aren't. But although I've heard of lone wolfs, I think that in real life most wolves roam in packs.

This post has been edited by Ibis: Oct 19 2007, 01:25 PM

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Oct 19 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #51

Knower
Group Icon

The Chinese write their names backwards, beggining with the family name, not the Japonese. Romanians also sometimes say their names backwards, especially in formal situations. Informally however, they use the regular naming system. My name for example, Mihai Ionita, would become Ionita Mihai in a very formal situation, at school for example.

Regarding OOO, once you can run Oblivion you absolutely must get OOO, it's the best mod out there. Also, for a more comprehensive list of mods that make Oblivion much more interesting, check out this link. It also mentions wheter the respective mods conflict with OOO or not.

http://aelius28.googlepages.com/home

This post has been edited by Agent Griff: Oct 19 2007, 05:16 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 19 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

Well, the wolves in packs are what you need to be extra wary of, lone wolves mostly scavenge or feed upon wounded or ill animals. The packs go after big game (caribou, buffalo, and moose) and lone wolves if I'm not mistaken.

While being called one isn't a bad thing to us, a lone wolf isn't any tougher than a member of a pack, less so, I suppose, seeing as they'd have a tougher time getting food and having to avoid packs. Lones probably don't live a long or reasonably pleasant life.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Dec 26 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #53

Knower
Group Icon

Guess who's in Cyrodiil...

IPB Image

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Dec 28 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

If it wasn't for the robe, I'm afraid I wouldn't recognize him. This new Al looks great though. The green spots are quite prominent. I do miss the big nasty horn on his nose though.

Oh, and if that's an ebony shortsword, I think Bethesda made the handle a bit too big. Seriously, you could wield that thing with two hands.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Dec 28 2007, 09:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Dec 28 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #55

Knower
Group Icon

I miss the horn, too. And I agree about the shortsword. That said, it's an excellent weapon.

I'm most disappointed in the new look of the daedric dagger, though. The old serrated blade was so cool, and now it's just wavy. I'll try to post a picture of that.

Edit:

IPB Image

This post has been edited by canis216: Dec 29 2007, 12:01 AM

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Dec 29 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, yeah. Kills-You-Dead looks a whole lot less threatening like this. It's a real shame.

I always loved the Daedric dagger myself. If shortblades was my thing instead of longblades, I'd wield one of those and never look back. Seriously, that thing looked like a claw born and bred to rip out hearts in the most gruesome fashion imaginable.

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Dec 31 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #57

Knower
Group Icon

Alright, these aren't Al shots, but I wanted to share:

IPB Image
^
^
^
Looking up at one of the moons, with the night-eye effect

IPB Image
^
^
^
Red Diamond Jewelry has, by reputation, the finest store security in Cyrodiil. Akatosh save the rest of Cyrodiil, then.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 1 2008, 01:00 AM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

,,You called?"

*Agh! Get away, you freaking arrogant Guar! Don't you have a world to save or something?*

Sorry, I just thought of Luper when you said Akatosh. I should get some pictures of him, someday...maybe.

The moon with nighteye suddenly looks a whole lot more earthlike, doesn't it? Normally they're rather reddish, I think.

And either security is indeed crap, you're using 100% Chameleon or you're just plain too good. Let's go with good. Some self-flattery never hurt anyone.....if properly limited.

PS: I hope you don't use 100% Chameleon gear. No consequences really takes the fun out of playing for me.

Edit: Ok, security is crappy in a way. The guy doesn't notice all the stuff you threw away as 'not valuable enough to be worth stealing'.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jan 1 2008, 01:00 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 1 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #59

Knower
Group Icon

What actually happened with that bottom picture is that I saw a handbill for the store boasting of its security, so I broke in at night and opened up all the "hard" and "very hard" locks, pickpocketed the store owner (as he slept) for the key to the locks that couldn't be picked, and then tossed some stuff around. Didn't actually steal anything (aside from the key, I suppose--still have that) but just wanted to prove a point. Boasting about the quality of your security--not a good way to deter break-ins.

But yeah, it was more or less all skill. The "Skeleton Key" helped, but the sneaking was all natural. Such is the way of the Thieves Guild's new leader.

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 9 2008, 06:02 AM
Post #60

Knower
Group Icon

IPB Image
^
^
^
Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun in Cheydinhal, wearing the Dark Brotherhood's armor.

IPB Image
^
^
^
At least the goblin died happy.

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:46 PM