Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Roleplay Ideas
SubRosa
post May 1 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #261

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 1 2014, 01:28 PM) *

Dammit I just said it, didn't I? ... My Mycharonna ... my my my Mycharonna. *facepalm*

Sounds like you got the knack! wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 1 2014, 08:37 PM
Post #262

Councilor
Group Icon

When it comes to the song, I always find myself singing "Yorba Linda" instead. blink.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 3 2014, 05:57 PM
Post #263

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been doing the unarmored greatsword type character with Inanna for several days now, and it is working out really well. She started out wearing an unenchanted college robe, and only magiced it up last night to help with restoration and magicka regen. She used the starting Flames spell for long distance fighting, now traded up to the Apprentice level Firebolt spell. Her only defense is a Ward, which is helpful against enemy archers and spellcasters. She does not use the mage armor spells at all.

So far her biggest difficulty has been fighting melee and missile opponents at once. She cannot use the ward and her sword at the same time. If she keeps the ward and uses a fire attack on the melee guy, she runs out of magicka by the time he is dead. Those wards eat up the blue! If she switches to the sword, that leaves her open to the archer. The best she can do is try to retreat around corners to get the melee opponents alone. It makes for very challenging situations.

Inanna is an Altmer, and combined with no armor, she is very fast! Sometimes I find myself surprised at how quickly she can move. I am not used to a melee-fighter being so quick on her feet.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 3 2014, 05:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 3 2014, 09:22 PM
Post #264

Councilor
Group Icon

Inanna sounds like a lot of fun. On consoles I found that a two-handed weapon was much friendlier to battlemages than one-handed since one click on the hot-key button swapped the sword for the two pre-loaded spells. I never got smooth with the switch for poor Jerric. He always ended up with a shield and an ice spike when he needed his sword and a healing spell. wacko.gif

I checked out Better Vampires and it has a lot of features that I’m going to use. My vampire will have immunity to poison and disease but potions and food’s effects won’t work on her. She’ll be vulnerable to fire and somewhat resistant to frost. Sun really does hurt her. Those NPC vampires who are running for cover in the daytime? She has to run too, and she better not have to go far or she’ll die. However rain and snow clouds cover the sun and reduce the damage she takes. (Or possibly eliminate it, I haven’t played much other than testing.) At Stage Four she will be hated and attacked! biggrin.gif Random groups of vampire hunters will come after her at any stage without warning. Also there is a power that lets you call creepy animals to fight for you. I really like that it’s a power and not a Conjuration spell, since I don’t want Serafíne to become another summoner like so many of my characters before her.

The neatest thing so far is force feeding during combat. This character is not going to go running around in Vampire Lord form. She loathes herself as a vampire. But she also revels in the new power. So biting an enemy during a fight and bleeding them dry is a big guilty pleasure.

Also she will not cooperate with the switch to heavy armor and Steed Stone. So I restyled Nelacar as a Knight of Akatosh and made him a follower for her, plus she has Vorstag as a Knight of Arkay at her back. I’m probably going to take away Nelacar’s high level fire spells since he wouldn’t be stupid enough to blow up his fellow knight/ vampire like he does in the game. mellow.gif She hasn’t spent much time with these guys but they’ve been an awesome team for fighting dragons. They chose their Divine allegiances by equipping those amulets when she gave them a selection. Much to my surprise during a test they strolled right into Castle Volkihar while following her. That was odd looking but made me think. Now I’m working on a plan where she might turn Vorstag and pass Nelacar off as her thrall, but that’s all story and subject to change without notice by character. tongue.gif It will be much easier to keep her alive if she can keep running behind Vorstag to renew her mage armor spells.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 3 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #265

Ancient
Group Icon

I never had trouble with the sword/shield and sword/spell combo. D'Eon did that a lot. You can hotkey both shield and sword to different keys (for me it was 2 and 3 respectively), and they automatically come up in the correct hands. All of your spells come up in the left hand first. So she would typically only use one-handed spells. Like trading out her shield for a fast healing spell (1 is always my healing spell hotkey) in the middle of combat, then switching back to the shield to be ready for the next attack. So I would just hit 1 to ready the healing spell. Use it. Then hit 2 to get the shield back. I liked it because it always kept her sword in hand, so she could always smack something at any moment if need be.

I also liked the feeding off of fresh corpses as a vampire, rather than people who were sleeping. It made the whole thing much more immersive. Helregin would typically feed off everyone she killed. Though back when I had the mod (earlier version), you could not do it to someone who was still alive and fighting. It had to be a corpse.

It sounds like Serafine is carting quite an army around with her! You might consider ditching the followers. Sera may have been holy once, but she's Bal's Babe now. Having an army of paladins following her around seems, weird. Maybe go with some more vampire-centric ones? Like Njall the Unliving Santa. wink.gif This would seem like the perfect situation to resurrect him *all puns intended* as a follower. Sera will end up with Serana in no time anyhow, and she is nothing to sneeze at either.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 4 2014, 12:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 29 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #266

Ancient
Group Icon

I had a roleplaying idea this morning. What about playing the children of one of your current characters? I got the idea from Persephone's game, where she has adopted Lucia and Sofie. I was thinking of playing one or both of the girls as grown-ups. I could play one and make the other a follower. Or just play both separately. Lucia would probably make a great mage, and Sofie your standard Nord warrior. Of course given their upbringing, I am sure both would have some necromancy in their backgrounds. Like being able to summon uncle Darryl.

I could even add Mom and the uncle Darryl's as NPCs. Though then I would have to figure out what do about the family house. Persephone lives in Helajarchen Hall. So I suppose I could try building it Out Of Character, and the populate it with Mommy Persephone and Darryl, his brother Darryl, and his other brother Darryl. Though I don't think either Sofie or Lucia would want to live there as adults. They would probably want to find their own homes for a little privacy. "Mo-om, the draugr are staring at me again!"

Or maybe I could RP that Helajarchen was flattened by giants, and Persephone has moved on to a new house? That would be easier, especially if it is a mod-added home, and would give me NPC Persephone and the Darryl's right off the bat. Winterhold would be a really easy place to put up a new house, given all the empty space in town.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 29 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #267

Councilor
Group Icon

I think this is a great idea. I have three of Jerric’s crew’s children pretty well fleshed out as far as adult temperament, personality, skills and appearance. Bannor’s appearance (when he’s not Hulked out tongue.gif) is modeled after one of them. Of course I don’t want to play them until they’re at least in the story, so they’ll probably be my characters for TES 14.

A modded house in Winterhold would be a natural fit for Persephone. She may end up wanting a house there in her own game if she doesn’t enjoy dorm life at the College. You could also have Mom Persephone living with the uncles in Winterhold while Sofie and/or Lucia restore Heljarchen Hall after the incident with the neighbors. Building Lakeview was definitely an OOC experience in my Jerric characters’ games since it’s Aravi and Kharjo’s house in their world. After Abiene’s Smithing hit 45 I decided to just give nails and stuff to Lil. Those things really should be for sale.

I love having my own characters as NPCs in each other’s games. It will be easy to make Persephone as an NPC in a dozen or so years – you won’t have to age her! biggrin.gif I think you should go for it!

I’ve also thought about how Mikke and Roggi’s kids might have turned out. Their personalities were part of Mikke’s game through the letters Roggi wrote to her. (Mostly while she was in Solstheim saving the world Part 3 and having an affair with Torvar.) Sofie was unsurprisingly quite the little warrior always hanging around Jorrvaskr, and Alesan was a natural salesman and deal-broker. I imagine he turned out not unlike Marius.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 30 2014, 03:13 AM
Post #268

Master
Group Icon

How funny that you should come up with this RP idea, Sage Rose, since I've been looking at this mod for the past week or so. I think it sounds intriguing enough, but as it's still a WIP, I'm only tracking it for now.

Besides, I prefer playing older character with a bit of history. I like showing what they do with the consequences of what has happened to them rather than showing what happened to them and how they dealt with it. Sort of like Julian coming to us as a character with tons of baggage that we learn about throughout the course of a 400,000 word story!

Also it's funny that you would bring up an RP from the viewpoint of an NPC - in Alise's game, Alise is not talking nearly as much as her constant companion. He's the one telling me what happened and how it happened!

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Aug 30 2014, 03:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 30 2014, 03:55 AM
Post #269

Councilor
Group Icon

haute, I find that happens to me a lot when I play with one of my own NPCs as a follower. Darnand’s internal monologue is the most accessible when he’s a follower in Jerric’s game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 14 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #270

Councilor
Group Icon

So I tried playing a member of the Forsworn. I added a storage chest to Draudach Redoubt and made Kaie, Odvan, and Borkul the Beast into potential followers. I added my character Eiven to the Forsworn faction after the Cidna Mine quest so that everyone would hate him. I even liked the way he looked in his bath towel and body paint. The thing is I just didn’t enjoy slaughtering guards and farmers. By level 5, game over.

The concept worked, though. I’ll try it again someday if I get a better idea for a character. In Eiven’s case I spent a lot of time wishing he and the Nords could just get along.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 14 2014, 07:51 PM
Post #271

Ancient
Group Icon

I was anticipating the same problem when I played Morigu. That is why I didn't put her in the Forsworn faction, leaving them hostile to her, and regular people friendly by default. As a renegade Forsworn, she was very playable. She could fight the regular Forsworn all day long. Then she could still kill Nord farmers and innkeepers, but only if they pissed her off: like by bragging about how Tiber Septim stayed in their inn while conquering The Reach. Or by being a Silverblood.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 14 2014, 07:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 23 2015, 11:26 AM
Post #272

Master
Group Icon

I enjoyed reading this thread, especially when I saw that some of you already realized your ideas.

I'm leaning towards a new playthrough, namely a Nord barbarian / marauder. I'd use the default start, roleplay wise he'd be captured by the Legion because of killing Imperial soldiers in the Jeralls. He'd escape Helgen and then fight against the Legion & Thalmor on his own, which means he'd attack their patrols and forts.

With time he'd create his own gang of bandits and they'd attack together, with Jasonx Renamer it's possible to rename NPCs so I could give some personality to his gang members. I'd make him friendly to bandits so it'd be possible to recruit them. He would avoid towns and rest in bandit camps / ruins / caves. His bounty would probably become very high with time, so bounty hunters would be on his tail. In the long run he might join Stormcloaks or fight against the Empire on his own.

He would have a threatening name, something like Sigfried the Beast or Sigfried the Butcher.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 24 2015, 01:22 AM
Post #273

Councilor
Group Icon

ow ! I mean oh, I love that idea! DEFINITLEY create this guy... it's so neat being friendly with bandits, especially. I got this tingling feeling when Snaat Rayag went in his first bandit lair. I'm so used to having them attack my pc, but with Snaaty, all they did was greet him normally. It was weird!

I like Sigfried the Butcher. Like maybe he's actually a butcher, like that's his job in bandit camps, but he gets a reputation for 'butchering' enemies as well.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 24 2015, 01:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 24 2015, 02:01 AM
Post #274

Councilor
Group Icon

I wanted to test all my mods together, so my latest is a two-handed Orc barbarian, who's just become Arch-mage and wields a Bound Battleaxe, except while riding a bear. I may have to tweak something so she can do the last two at the same time. tongue.gif

I'd post a picture, but the last time I saw her, she was only wearing the amulet. She does have a set of mage apprentice clothes, but nobody knows she's Arch-mage if her amulet's covered. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 25 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #275

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 23 2015, 09:01 PM) *

I'd post a picture, but the last time I saw her, she was only wearing the amulet.

*cough* Blur Tool *cough*

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 26 2015, 05:23 PM
Post #276

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 25 2015, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 23 2015, 09:01 PM) *

I'd post a picture, but the last time I saw her, she was only wearing the amulet.

*cough* Blur Tool *cough*

She complains that the airbrush tickles. I can't imagine how she'd react if I start rubbing those bits with the blur tool! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 27 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #277

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 23 2015, 03:26 AM) *

I enjoyed reading this thread, especially when I saw that some of you already realized your ideas.

I'm leaning towards a new playthrough, namely a Nord barbarian / marauder. I'd use the default start, roleplay wise he'd be captured by the Legion because of killing Imperial soldiers in the Jeralls. He'd escape Helgen and then fight against the Legion & Thalmor on his own, which means he'd attack their patrols and forts.

With time he'd create his own gang of bandits and they'd attack together, with Jasonx Renamer it's possible to rename NPCs so I could give some personality to his gang members. I'd make him friendly to bandits so it'd be possible to recruit them. He would avoid towns and rest in bandit camps / ruins / caves. His bounty would probably become very high with time, so bounty hunters would be on his tail. In the long run he might join Stormcloaks or fight against the Empire on his own.

He would have a threatening name, something like Sigfried the Beast or Sigfried the Butcher.

Love this idea, Lopov! Yet another reason for me to be jealous of you PC players. I had a Nord character awhile back that I dubbed Beinir Blood-Axe who would have been perfect in this role. I always liked the name, but the character was a non starter for me. Feel free to run with it. Also, here's one of my go to pages when it comes to finding good Nord names.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 27 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #278

Ancient
Group Icon

Destri sort of beat me to it. I was going to suggest going with a RL Norse name and/or nickname. Like Harald Hardrada (Hard-Counsel). Or Sigurd Snake-In-The-Eye. Eyjolf Saur (Saur means feces, or filth, obviously what people thought of Eyjolf). Holmgang Hrafn (Holmgang means 'island-going'. Duels were often fought on small islands, so it means a duelist. Hrafn of course means raven. So Holmgnang Hrafn comes out to mean Duel Raven.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 27 2015, 08:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 27 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #279

Master
Group Icon

Thank you for suggestions. I created him a few days ago but I stuck with the intended name - Sigfried the Butcher, because he used to be a butcher. And he was a cook as well, so there'll be a lot of cooking going on in his game. The name "Sigfried" supposedly has Old Norse origins and he's partially based on some character from my old comic book whose name was Sigfried and he was an evil viking.

Sigfried will at first travel around Skyrim and recruit some prominent bandits, the first on his to-recruit list is Ghunzul from the Cracked Tusk Keep and the next one'll probably be Alain Dufont. I roleplay that Sigfried, Ghunzul, Alain and other bandits that'll join them, used to plunder together in the past before parting ways. So he'll sort of create his small anti-Empire army, composed of his former friends.

Each of his friends will have an unofficial quest which Sigfried will have to do to convince them to join, they might demand money, weapons, fresh horses, someone to be killed, etc...

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 25 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #280

Councilor
Group Icon

ghastley’s Argonian Hearthfires mod made me start a game for one of Oblivion’s most charming NPCs, Dar-Ma. wub.gif

In Oblivion she’s a Sharpshooter, though I suppose she’s mostly untapped potential during the events of that game. Sharpshooter class puts her in light armor with a bow, Destruction, Restoration, and Sneak. Athletics and Acrobatics put her on the left side of the slider. Favored attributes are Agility and Intelligence. I have a wind and water destruction mod installed, so she should be splashing the bad guys to death as soon as she buys the tomes in Whiterun. biggrin.gif

Here’s a picture of Dar-Ma walking with Camilla. She has been very sweet testing ghastley’s mod. Eventually I will make a NPC of her for Jerric’s world, but first I’d like to get to know her a little better.

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:13 AM