Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Big "Commentasaurus"-thread, For those who want to comment on multiple stories at the same time!
mALX
post Jun 28 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #121

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ThatSkyrimGuy @ Jun 23 2013, 10:04 AM) *

A New Sun Rises Chapter 5-Graduation Day and Fathis - Maxical gets her diploma, after suffering through Raminus' recitation of her less than stellar performances. I love the infusion of humor.

Arch Mage Traven said because of me he had become an expert in healing injuries that involved arrow wounds.
Probably better for Nirn that Maxical has mastered a blade! tongue.gif

And now she is promised to Fathis in order to get Alix out of debt. I can't wait to see where that leads. Great write!

Thank you so very much ThatSkyrimGuy! I so appreciate your patience in waiting for that re-write - trying to shorten the story and bring the beginning into a better focus for where it is heading.

Er, I'm working on chapter 6, just haven't gotten far due to the storms this week. I'll let you know if it is ready by Sunday, lol. I'm so sorry about the delays, and really appreciate your continued reading, thank you again!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2013, 04:28 AM
Post #122

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jun 24 2013, 08:31 PM) *

I always felt like I was too late to read these amazing stories. Like the new guy who showed up after the party was over. But hey, its not too late I suppose. I can always start cool.gif

I will indeed get into these stories. mALX, I already read yours and though it took me some time to get use to the terms(vamp juices, seals, etc) it was nevertheless a good read. Buffy, I've read the latter parts of the last book and the first book entirely, but I must read the entire thing. Teresa? SubRosa, I've read some of the chapters but forgive me for not taking the time to comment on them with proper feedback *hides in shame*.

Grits, don't get me started tongue.gif

Lol, I would have provided you with the glossary of terms if I'd known, lol. Thanks so much DE, I absolutely love seeing your comments and insights into the story, and how much we think alike on so many aspects!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jun 30 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #123

Finder
Group Icon

Sunday again...Folger's and fiction...

Teresa of the Faint Smile Chapter 4b-For the Emperor - Teresa is enjoying her taste of the outside world, as a Bosmer should. I like how you revealed that she had spent her entire life within the confines of the city.

Just because she could kill, it did not mean she should. That was a very sobering thought, especially when she wondered how many others might look at her in the future and have to make the same decision. -- I loved this infusion of empathic reasoning, and the way she decided not to kill the goblin, and eventually the wolves as well. Bravo!

And then the recurring dream ends the segment, leaving me wanting more. Great write! salute.gif

Buffy the Bowgirl Chapter 7.1-Vilverin - Buffy is deep within an Ayleid ruin, battling swinging blades and homicidal skeletons. I like how she is not invulnerable to injury, adding a realism to her circumstances.

Both my legs were wet all over, but not with blood. I felt the hot flush of embarrassment spring to my neck and face. -- This was perfect! Adding at once to the realism and vulnerability I just mentioned. Then followed by her outburst toward Acadian. Excellent!

Looking forward to the rest of her adventures in Vilverin. goodjob.gif

Jerric's Story Chapter 3-Welcome to the Imperial City, Part 2 - This was an adventurous segment from beginning to end. All of Jerric's encounters were very enjoyable to read, from the zombie, to lone goblins, and finally the battle in the goblin lair. Great stuff!

He thought it was the best thing he had ever tasted, even with the tang of goblin blood still clinging to his fingers. Now if only he could find some ale. -- Spoken like a true Nord! tongue.gif

Alas, he still has some below ground travel ahead of him...

A New Sun Rises Chapter 6 - Awaiting approval from the author per request. wink.gif

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jul 7 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #124

Finder
Group Icon

Well it's Sunday again. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't get any reading in this morning. My niece is having her christening today, so RL is taking me out into the rain. I'll get back to the stories ASAP though, I promise.

This post has been edited by ThatSkyrimGuy: Jul 7 2013, 02:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jul 16 2013, 04:15 AM
Post #125

Finder
Group Icon

Sunday morning reading never materialized, so we’re doing a Monday night session instead…

Teresa of the Faint Smile Chapter 4c-For the Emperor – Reading this chapter made me miss playing Oblivion. Teresa has reached Chorrol, the namesake of our wonderful forum. The names Oak and Crosier, Fire and Steel, and Northern Goods and Trade brought back fun memories.

And our wood elf has found new confidence in herself, by way of being treated like a person and changing her looks. Crimson hair and properly fitting new leathers are awakening the Bosmer that had been trapped in a street urchin. Can't wait to see what happens in Weynon Priory...

Buffy the Bowgirl Chapter 7.2-Vilverin – Buffy is still deep within Vilverin when she hits a dilemma. The entire scene where she reasons out her course of action was superb, and sensible. We always assume (as players of the game) that everyone else in a dungeon is a foe. Having Buffy wonder if it really was an enemy is a great touch. Turns out us game players were right anyway, leading to the Necromancer’s demise.

So now she has a bag that will allow her to tote all that a girl needs and then some, and has left the foul confines of the ruin. Where to next?

Jerric’s Story Chapter 3-Welcome to the Imperial City, Part 3 – This was a great rendition of the final part of the tutorial. Jerric took on some vulnerability, first by losing his breakfast after a murderous rage, then nearly dying from a blade wound, and lastly by doubting if he was the right man to take the amulet to Jauffre. I really liked this addition to his boisterous character.

I also enjoyed the subtle details you injected here and there, like not drinking lake water so close to a city, for just one example.

Great write!

A New Sun Rises - Gonna have to get back to you on this one wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 26 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #126

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you, SkyrimGuy! I learned a lot writing the tutorial. It was a relief for me too when Jerric got out into the sun.

Please don’t stress over your reading schedule. This story will be here whenever you get to it, and I appreciate that you’re working through my earliest efforts. embarrased.gif I haven’t posted anything new in, er… far too long, so you’re still catching up to where we are now no matter what your pace. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 9 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #127

Wise Woman
Group Icon

So at last I at least started reading the awesome stories here...T started with Cardonaccum..haven't got that far..but I really like what I'm reading....Hmm thus it's a big shame (William) Wallace had to die, I would have liked him that's for sure

More reading to do!!!!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Oct 5 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #128

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey...*Waves*...

Not entirely sure of how much I'm gonna be here...Really...

It's just...Stuff...

BUT!!!...

I intend to catch up on all yer stories when I can...

I'm sure you'll all be devastated at my lack of comments lately... laugh.gif ...But, as I do love all your stories so much, I'll try to - at least - keep up...Even if I don't always applaud heartily...

I hope you all realise how much of an inspiration everyone's ever-excellence is to those who struggle somewhat... smile.gif ...

Laters...

*Applauds everyone heartily*...
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 23 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #129

Paladin
Group Icon

I'll be out of town for a few days, but look forward to catching up on what I miss when I get back. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jan 17 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #130

Finder
Group Icon

Hard to believe that there hasn't been a post here since October. ohmy.gif

Before I stepped away in August, there were two stories in particular that had piqued my interest. Cardonaccum and Seven. Five months away has put me far enough behind that posting in their respective threads doesn't seem appropriate. So I'll post here until I am caught up.

Cardonaccum - Chapter 6

As if Cardonaccum didn't have enough problems coming from outside its bailey (General Talos), now we have dissension within as well. Wallace's ashes have barely cooled when Laird and Broc seek to fill the void left by his demise.

I love how this dynamic is going toward character building. You have made it easy to picture the mindset of Laird and Broc through Cora's thoughts and memories. It is good that Cora seems to have the allegiance of Rodric and Robert. It will be fun to see how this power struggle plays out.

Great writing that has me looking forward to more! goodjob.gif

Seven - Chapter 1.7

I really liked this chapter. It gave wonderful insight into Aela's character during her conversation with Seridwe. I loved Aela's reference to humans as herd animals, and the parallel between the way humans act with a herd mentality of banishing those that that are considered inferior. Seridwe's follow up on the difference between men and mer was just as insightful.

A simple conversation between two women that gave great body to the story via character building. Great write! salute.gif

This doesn't take anything away from the other stories I have enjoyed, but Buffy, Teresa, Jerric, Maxical and rest are going to have to take a back seat for a while. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 8 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #131

Master
Group Icon

So, can anyone post their stories in this section?

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2016, 04:01 PM
Post #132

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Nov 8 2016, 09:43 AM) *

No, this thread is just for posting comments on other people's stories (like if you want to comment several stories at once or something rather than giving each story a comment).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 8 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #133

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 8 2016, 10:01 AM) *

No, this thread is just for posting comments on other people's stories (like if you want to comment several stories at once or something rather than giving each story a comment).

Oh no, I meant in the fan fic section in general. smile.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2016, 04:07 PM
Post #134

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Nov 8 2016, 10:03 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 8 2016, 10:01 AM) *

Oh no, I meant in the fan fic section in general. smile.gif

Then YES! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 8 2016, 04:09 PM
Post #135

Master
Group Icon

Cool! I may transfer a story from Haven. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:22 PM