Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Big "Commentasaurus"-thread, For those who want to comment on multiple stories at the same time!
raggidman
post May 5 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #21

Evoker

Could it be a Bull guar, or a Bull Alit or Bull Elephant ... name that large and agressive meat animal with the generic term Bull used for the male?

Like you're not going to say that's a load of Bull Alit are you?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redsrock
post May 5 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

I thought this thread was created for people wanting to comment on more than one story at a time?

--------------------
*Hey everyone, TES Fiction is looking to revamp its very talented group of writers. So, if you love to write (TES or non-TES), come on over! Whether its stories, poems, song lyrics, etc, it doesn't matter!*
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post May 5 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

It is, and isnt. Its when discussions take on new life, and clutter the writers stories with comments non-story related, as well.
+Quote Post
redsrock
post May 5 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

Arlight, fair enough.

--------------------
*Hey everyone, TES Fiction is looking to revamp its very talented group of writers. So, if you love to write (TES or non-TES), come on over! Whether its stories, poems, song lyrics, etc, it doesn't matter!*
+Quote Post
Alexander
post May 5 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #25

Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE(raggidman @ May 5 2008, 05:03 PM) *

Could it be a Bull guar, or a Bull Alit or Bull Elephant ... name that large and agressive meat animal with the generic term Bull used for the male?

Like you're not going to say that's a load of Bull Alit are you?

Well, personally I've only heard of the term bull in terms of the male cows, not to indicate certain other types of male animals.

QUOTE(redsrock @ May 5 2008, 05:29 PM) *

I thought this thread was created for people wanting to comment on more than one story at a time?

True, but I think Treydog inspired us (as usual) when he pointed out the positives for being able to give pointers about things we've seen in multiple stories, makes it beside from a thread for easy comments, also a possible library of information smile.gif

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post
redsrock
post May 5 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, you're right. I was just getting tired of all the 'bull' talk. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post May 5 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #27

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Oh aye....treydog is the great inspirer for all of us....that is just so true!

My purpose originally with this thread was to comment in general on stories, when you just do not have the opportunity to visit every individual thread and comment on the story...then you may come here and tell what you wanna tell....in one post!

But what trey said is making this thread even more useful!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
paragenic
post May 5 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #28

Retainer

QUOTE(minque @ May 5 2008, 08:17 PM) *

What ARE you on about? blink.gif What did Trey say? I'm going mad looking all over this thread up and down looking for his comment, hoping to be inspired as you and Alex have, but all I find is his post with the general comment about pacing the stories. smile.gif

+Quote Post
paragenic
post May 5 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #29

Retainer

QUOTE(Alexander @ May 5 2008, 07:46 PM) *

Well, personally I've only heard of the term bull in terms of the male cows, not to indicate certain other types of male animals.

Morrowind had a Bull Netch and a Betty Netch! And Oblivion has beef! Long live the bulls of TES!

+Quote Post
paragenic
post May 5 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #30

Retainer

QUOTE(redsrock @ May 5 2008, 08:13 PM) *

Hi, Redsrock!

Did you know, that the second Emperor of Cyrodiil was Belharza, the Man-Bull? Did you ever wonder at the marvels of the Imperial City, what with their extensive sewers and nary a toilet? Did it ever give you pause, how the exrements of the second Emperor were taken care of?

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
redsrock
post May 5 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(paragenic @ May 5 2008, 09:53 PM) *

Hi, Redsrock!

biggrin.gif

Do I know you? indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 5 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

I have read an Argonian using Hist P*** as a swear (That one book series about Black Marsh, the narrator was the same guy in Dance In the Fire or whatever).
+Quote Post
Alexander
post May 6 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #33

Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE(paragenic @ May 5 2008, 10:43 PM) *

QUOTE(minque @ May 5 2008, 08:17 PM) *

What ARE you on about? blink.gif What did Trey say? I'm going mad looking all over this thread up and down looking for his comment, hoping to be inspired as you and Alex have, but all I find is his post with the general comment about pacing the stories. smile.gif

That's actually what we're speaking about, that suggestion about pacing. (subtle no? wink.gif )
QUOTE(paragenic @ May 5 2008, 10:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Alexander @ May 5 2008, 07:46 PM) *

Morrowind had a Bull Netch and a Betty Netch! And Oblivion has beef! Long live the bulls of TES!

QUOTE(paragenic @ May 5 2008, 10:53 PM) *

Hi, Redsrock!

Did you know, that the second Emperor of Cyrodiil was Belharza, the Man-Bull? Did you ever wonder at the marvels of the Imperial City, what with their extensive sewers and nary a toilet? Did it ever give you pause, how the exrements of the second Emperor were taken care of?

biggrin.gif

Incidentally, at the bottom of each post you'll find a button called "multi" if you want to respond to several posts at once, simply check all those "multi" buttons for all the posts you want to respond to, and then press "add reply" It will include all the quoted posts in a single post so you won't need to double post.

Thanks in advance,

Alex smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
paragenic
post May 6 2008, 04:56 AM
Post #34

Retainer

QUOTE(Alexander @ May 6 2008, 01:43 AM) *

Incidentally, at the bottom of each post you'll find a button called "multi" if you want to respond to several posts at once, simply check all those "multi" buttons for all the posts you want to respond to, and then press "add reply" It will include all the quoted posts in a single post so you won't need to double post.

Hi, Alex! Thanks for the tip. At first I didn't know what you were talking about. I am using the "space ship wreck" skin and it seems this skin doesn't have a multi button? The "space ship wreck" skin has "quote" and "reply" buttons in the bottom right-hand corner; the "tower" skin has a "multi" and a "quote" button. I'll just use the "tower" skin, np... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alexander
post May 6 2008, 05:23 AM
Post #35

Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE(paragenic @ May 6 2008, 05:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Alexander @ May 6 2008, 01:43 AM) *

Hi, Alex! Thanks for the tip. At first I didn't know what you were talking about. I am using the "space ship wreck" skin and it seems this skin doesn't have a multi button? The "space ship wreck" skin has "quote" and "reply" buttons in the bottom right-hand corner; the "tower" skin has a "multi" and a "quote" button. I'll just use the "tower" skin, np... smile.gif

Right, well on the space ship wreck the "quote" button accomplishes the same thing, it's just that I tend to use the tower and thus don't know if the other skin has different has other terms.

But thank you, and now to get back on topic smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post May 6 2008, 06:44 AM
Post #36

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

I was just getting tired of all the 'bull' talk.

Agreed. I think we've exhausted the fascinating potential of this particular subject now. Can we move on please?
+Quote Post
minque
post May 7 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #37

Wise Woman
Group Icon

This post is dedicated to redsrock!

one of the most talented writers here....

You write in a professional style, you are so creative and has a big potential, just look at your production! It's huge....and quality throughout!

Way to go....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
redsrock
post May 7 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #38

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ May 7 2008, 08:00 PM) *

This post is dedicated to redsrock!

one of the most talented writers here....

You write in a professional style, you are so creative and has a big potential, just look at your production! It's huge....and quality throughout!

Way to go....

Wow, thank you so much, Minque. That's awesome especially because it's coming from a great writer yourself. wink.gif

I credit the other writers here for my progression as a writer. Treydog, yourself, Minque. Also Lord Revan, MetalMallet, the list keeps going on and on. Also BSD, though doesn't write, gives me EXCELLENT advice all the time. I've learned from all of you, and I wouldn't be where I am right now if it wasn't for you guys. (and girls) tongue.gif

This post has been edited by redsrock: May 7 2008, 08:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 7 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

More of a "general comment" than specific.... I just wanted to say how pleased I am to see the talented new writers who have joined us. And I am also happy to see many of our "old hands" continuing to provide excellent work. The only down side for me is that I do not have as much time as I would like to read and enjoy- which means I scan rather than reading closely. And that means I am unable to comment as frequently as I would prefer. I hope every writer here knows that I admire your work and appreciate your willingness to share it with us.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
redsrock
post May 7 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #40

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, that's a big problem for me as well, Treydog. during the summer hopefully I'll be able to catch up on some fics...

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:16 AM