4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Order Vampyrum: Daughter of Coldharbour
Acadian
post Mar 22 2020, 08:18 PM
Post #61

Paladin
Group Icon

The summary you provided of where we are to date was a delightful opportunity to refresh where we are and how things fit together.

’In great hall of our home, my father poured double-bloody mara into a pair of goblets.’
- - I love it! I believe ESO actually has the recipe for such a beverage. What else would vampires drink? tongue.gif And it does appear you likely forgot the word ‘the’ prior to ‘great hall’ early in the sentence.

No surprise that Decumus is aware of Raven’s jaunt into Coldharbour. And we learn a little more about the death (?) of Raven’s mother. Decumus' words seem to have struck an impactful chord with Raven.

Wonderful job of meaningfully interweaving the chess game with the tense father-daughter conversation. I enjoy writing a conversations with some of background physical activity simultaneously progressing. For Buffy, this is often grooming or riding Superian. You went one better by choosing an activity that quite relates to and reinforces the conversation.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 25 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

As Acadian noted, I love the Bloody Mara. Now we just need a Morrowind Mule to finish off our night of drinking.

This father-daughter interlude raises as many questions as it answers. It now seems clear that Raven's mother committed suicide by sunlight. But not exactly why? Her father seems assured that she is well, in whatever afterworld she may be. But is she? He also makes it plain that he expects Raven to move on to the political arena, and leave her quest to find her mother, and what happens to dead vampires, in the past. But will she?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st March 2020 - 08:36 PM