Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V « < 115 116 117 118 119 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
haute ecole rider
post Nov 17 2016, 03:32 AM
Post #2321

Master
Group Icon

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Just my kind of romantic couple . . .

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 17 2016, 01:25 PM
Post #2322

Paladin
Group Icon

Jace has the ability to make petty thievery seem. . . charming. tongue.gif

’The dragon's roar overwhelmed them all as its Words turned to flame in the air.’ - - Beautifully worded, this is.

Jace is also getting to be quite the alchemist!

Aww, she and Vors make such a good couple. happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 17 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #2323

Master
Group Icon

Glad to see Jace is still running strong, Grits! smile.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 17 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #2324

Councilor
Group Icon

And I'm glad that Grosta and Gralnach weren't outside when the dragon turned up. Grosta's not equipped for fighting dragons, and they don't need to add an orphan to the party. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 26 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #2325

Councilor
Group Icon

Aw, thanks folks. Jace has endeared herself to me since she's grown up and settled into herself a little. I have a soft spot for Vorstag since Rowan married him so long ago. I like that he's so aggressive but has some very soft-spoken dialog.

ghastley, I thought the same thing. Orphan Gralnach has thrown a wrench into the works in more than one of my games. ohmy.gif

The main even of this update comes from my supplementary dice roll system. The game is far more forgiving than I am. laugh.gif New spells from SubRosa's awesome Nature Summoning mod.

~Jace, Page 41~

Leifnarr's family took the news better than Jace expected. She supposed that his absence had already given them time to grieve. Grosta gifted Vorstag with the Ebony Greatsword of Lightning for his trouble. Jace made their farewells and quickly dragged him back out into the storm before anyone could change their mind.

Vors stood admiring the blade, as if he could see anything through the deluge. He stashed his battleaxe and secured the new sword at his back before he mounted.

"I was afraid you were going to refuse to take that," Jace said, raising her voice over the rain. "Or give it to the lad, or something."

"Nah, that would shame them. Besides, I doubt it's an heirloom, at least of their family. More likely a trade for lumber that now they can't get the value out of."

Vors nudged his horse toward the bridge, but Jace took another moment to re-check her gear. She checked once more, not believing her eyes. "Vorstag! Do you have the Sanguine Rose?"

He didn't have it. All of the knots and buckles were in place, seemingly untouched since Jace had secured them. The staff was simply gone.

"It couldn't have fallen off when Midnight bolted," Jace said. "I can't believe a thief stole it and then took the time to re-tie my knots without putting a branch or something in its place to taunt me." She rested her forehead against Midnight's neck for a moment while her nerves settled. "Vorstag, do you suppose Sanguine took it back?"

"Uh huh. I knew this was coming. You don't party like you used to since you quit the skooma, love. When was the last time you instigated a Dunmeri cluster hump, or even fell down drunk in public?"

Even under the circumstances, Jace couldn't resist teasing him. "Solitude. But I was thinking about you the whole time."

Vorstag's brows lifted. "That was, uh, one of those questions where you don't want the answer."

"Rhetorical," Jace giggled. "I was jesting, though. I didn't have much fun while… you know. While we were apart."

"Yeah, that was a rhetorical question. What I meant was, it's been a while. You're closer to Dibella than Sanguine these days. I'm all for it. If that old goat-Prince wants his staff back, good riddance. Besides, the next time Krethuzet showed up to take you to a pocket realm for the night, I was going to rip his horns off and shove them up his nostrils."

"But Vors, this is a disaster! Krethuzet has saved our asses so many times! What are we going to do without him?"

"By Talos, you don't leave me much pride!" Vorstag flexed in protest.

"I'm sorry." Jacelyn mounted and moved her horse closer to his. "I don't doubt you, that's not what I mean. I mean I can't help you the way that dremora does, and I'm afraid I'll get you killed without him. I can shoot better now, but I can't stand my ground like a warrior. Remember Ansilvund?"

"I remember. Jace, you're a mage, and you're a Breton. You don't need a staff to summon something."

"My little wolf can't protect me very well, much less fight whatever you take on. I'm scared again, Vorstag."

"Then get a new spell. You can do this. We'll go back through Riften instead of the other way around the lake. Let's see what that mage at the keep can teach you."

The mage at the keep had a spell to conjure a flame atronach. Jace hesitated, imagining Vorstag and the dogs on fire if she lost control of her summoning. Then she struck up a conversation with a spellsword who was using Wylandriah's alchemy bench. He turned out to be an itinerant Conjuration trainer. Jace found his Nature Summoning spells made far more sense to her than Wylandriah's Daedric ones. By the time dinner was served out at the great hall's tables, Jace could conjure a sabre cat. She purchased a second tome to study when her skill improved enough.

"Thanks," Jace called as he walked out to his meal. As soon as she was alone in Wylandriah's chambers, Jace stashed two of the court mage's spell tomes in her bag. Then she slipped into the Jarl's quarters and swiped some jewelry. Screw you Laila, and screw you Thieves Guild. Maven, you're next.

It seemed a bad idea to stick around town for the night. Jace found Vorstag repairing their gear at The Scorched Hammer. They headed for Shor's Stone.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 26 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #2326

Ancient
Group Icon

Now Jace can conjure a Sabre Cat. But can she make love like a Sabre Cat? She better buy some genuine Falmer Blood Elixir! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 26 2016, 10:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 26 2016, 07:16 PM
Post #2327

Councilor
Group Icon

Since he met Jace, Brynjolf is now selling Genuine Jace's Blood Elixir! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Jace's encounter with Cuhulain was really neat. Just as when Jensa met Starhawk, it was at the perfect time to re-focus her on the divinity that she has always carried within her. Can't thank you enough for that mod. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 26 2016, 11:14 PM
Post #2328

Paladin
Group Icon

Yay, Jace is conjuring critters! I also love SubRosa's Nature Summoning mod. Like all her other mods, it is wonderfully crafted with lots of attention to detail and flawlesly put together.

I'm sure that summoning a ball of teeth, claws and fur will make Jace a much more potent adventuress. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 27 2016, 04:21 PM
Post #2329

Councilor
Group Icon

Grits! Good to see you writing again. I especially like this part...

For a time Jace's world narrowed to the mill's muddy yard. Run. Turn. Loose. Run some more.

I notice you're up to Page 41 though, where are the first uh....38 pages? Yeah, that is awesome, being able to summon a giant cat, hee hee!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 7 2016, 01:34 AM
Post #2330

Councilor
Group Icon

I just started gaming with Bjorn Tubewyyld again. He's my tough guy doing the Thieves Guild quest, except he really stinks at thievery. He is supposed to steal a jeweled pitcher from House Gray-Mane but nobody ever seems to go to bed in this house. They just stay up, doing nothing. It almost seems like the quest was written specifically for a super-stealthy PC who can manage to sneak right by these folks.

Thankfully, TG has other types of quests, in which my tough guy actually gets to be a tough guy. viking.gif Maybe I will make a more stealthy type of character in the future.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 8 2016, 11:03 PM
Post #2331

Councilor
Group Icon

Acadian, I am relieved that she's headed down this path and getting in touch with her Breton-ness instead of going more Daedric. All around more healthy for her!

Thanks, Renee! The first 38 pages are posted throughout the old Beth Dead Is Dead threads and also together in a single thread on the Haven site, but unfortunately that part of the Haven site is now only visible to members. I thought about starting a thread for Jace here from page 1, but it's one of those things where I just don't know. You know?

I'm happy to hear that B. Wyyld is toughing his way through the Thieves Guild. I can see him strutting around with the other guys in the Ratway. In Skyrim I could never get a character to click in those quests unless they were a thug or a super-sneak before they got started. I found that questline very fun after a few attempts with just the wrong characters.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 10 2016, 03:35 PM
Post #2332

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 8 2016, 05:03 PM) *

The first 38 pages are posted throughout the old Beth Dead Is Dead threads and also together in a single thread on the Haven site, but unfortunately that part of the Haven site is now only visible to members. I thought about starting a thread for Jace here from page 1, but it's one of those things where I just don't know. You know?

Well this gives me a reason to finally join Haven then, so no worries. I want to read about Jace.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 11 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #2333

Councilor
Group Icon

6:45 pm, Loredas, Heartfire 13, 4th Era 201 -- Bjorn Tubewyyld has returned to Riften, and been thrown in jail. Who knows what he'd done? He stole a horse back in Whiterun, but since each hold tracks its own criminals & bounties, whatever crimes he committed happened last spring.

Anyways, before going to jail, he did the smart thing, and returned to Fort Greenwall, where he managed to store all his stolen items in his barrel, which I named "Bjorn's Barrel" (ha ha). After this, he calmly walked outside, and was arrested. But at least this way, after his arrest he'll be able to get all the things he's stolen in other holds, and make some coin down in the Ratway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 13 2016, 11:31 PM
Post #2334

Councilor
Group Icon

Late Afternoon. Turdas, Heartfire 18, 4th Era 201

Days Passed: 32

Bjorn Tubewyyld is staying overnight in Mixwater Mill. Since restarting his game, I've come up with one major new rule: no more healing. He's not supposed to use spells at all, but in the past I've allowed him the default healing spell. But it just doesn't feel right for his game! Potions & scrolls are okay, but he's supposed to be a big ox of a man, who just isn't interested in using spells.

He's also being much more of an a$$. He just bullied a couple Vigilant of Stendarr guys out of their potions and gold. indifferent.gif I don't like this side of him, but this is what HE wants to do.

He is headed toward Winterhold on his stolen horse. There, he'll go to Snow Veil Sanctum to meet Mercer Frey (Thieves Guild stuff).

----------------------------------------

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 13 2016, 11:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 14 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #2335

Paladin
Group Icon

Born 2Bwild sounds a bit like that Maul thug if Riften. And I see horse thievery knows no provincial boundaries. Lousy at thievery and no healing spells - sounds like fun and challenging limitations to work with and around.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 15 2016, 12:34 AM
Post #2336

Councilor
Group Icon

Yup, you see what I mean Acadian. it would be like if Buffy was this she-woman, full of strength and arrogance, instead of being rather fragile and sensitive. That ain't her.

===============

Mid-morning, Loredas, Heartfire 19

Days Passed: 33

Bjorn spent the previous night in Candlehearth Hall. After spending way too much gold to rent a room here, one of the inn's patrons walked in and sat down on Bjorn's bed. Bjorn got in the guy's face (Rolff Stone-Fist is his name, I think) trying to intimidate him, but Rolff wouldn't budge.

So Bjorn got in a fist-fight with him! Beat the guy until he was crawling on the floor. Because of this, Bjorn was arrested, but decided to pay a small fine of 41 gold. Anyway, some first day in Windhelm, huh? laugh.gif He spent the rest of the day buying & selling, and also made some hide armor to sell for extra money.

He left Windhelm at about mid-day, getting back on his stolen horse. Arrived at Fort Kastav just as dusk was setting in. The mages here weren't no sissies, their magics were better than usual. So he had to get on his horse and flee. Luckily a trio of Redguard happened to be just up the road (a woman and two men, both the men had curved swords. Curved. Swords.) and Bjorn managed to lure the two mages north, until the Redguards got interested in fighting the mages. viking.gif But nobody lasted very long once Bjorn's battleaxe was out and swinging again.

Spent the night in Fort Kastav. Nice and cozy.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 15 2016, 12:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 15 2016, 02:58 AM
Post #2337

Paladin
Group Icon

Loved 2B's first day in Windhelm! laugh.gif

Clever, leading one group of foes into another.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 16 2016, 10:16 AM
Post #2338

Master
Group Icon

@Grits - I really liked your description of the Bee and Barb in the morning. You pictured the overall atmosphere very well. Love the dialogue between Jace and Vorstag.

@Renee - Aard got into fistfight with Rolff for exactly the same reason as Bjorn. Aard wasn't arrested, though, because you can provoke Rolff through dialogue in which case he starts the fistfight. Curved things sometimes solve all problems.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 17 2016, 12:52 AM
Post #2339

Councilor
Group Icon

Acadian: yea, making two different types of enemies fight each other is a good thing to do especially if we've got a horse to ride around on. We can lure one group of enemies into some real messes!

Lopov: Interesting Aard did the same thing! I don't remember Rolff coming in and sitting on our bed in the vanilla game.

Sundas, Heartfire 21

Arrived to Winterhold. Not much to write about, the place is small, dreary, and has no action. Bjorn did manage to chat with the Frozen Hearth's prostitute. wub.gif He hasn't got enough gold to hire her, but he'll be back.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 18 2016, 06:44 PM
Post #2340

Councilor
Group Icon

Morndas, late afternoon, Heartfire 22

Days Passed: 36
Hours Slept: 374
Hours Waited: 60

Gold Found: 7,209

IPB Image

After some searching, Bjorn managed to find Mercer Frey outside of Snow Veil Sanctum. Mercer is convinced that Karliah the traitor is somewhere inside this place. Bjorn decided to walk his horse back to the village of Amol*, which is about a half-hour away. Well, it's not really "his" horse, but ... it carries a lot of his stuff.

After walking the horse back to Amol, he and Mercer returned to Snow Veil Sanctum and did some damage here! viking.gif They only got so far though, before getting tired and returning to Amol.

* some mod I've got which adds a lot of the towns & villages of TES1: Arena into Skyrim

Let's break some skulls!

And have a little fire!

Bjorn Tubewyyld!!! (Mercer Frey in background)

Lady of the evening, huh? How much you charge?

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 18 2016, 07:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

132 Pages V « < 115 116 117 118 119 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:27 AM