Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Necessary Mods, Which ones do I need?
ImperialSnob
post Jun 30 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

What mods will I need?

I'll be playing a Battle-Mage if that helps.

And I have no DLC

This post has been edited by ImperialSnob: Jun 30 2013, 12:19 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 1 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

Well, right from the start you're going about this all wrong. In my opinion the only intelligent way to add mods to any game is to: 1), decide what you like and don't like about that game and then: 2), find mods to add or subtract to those things. "What mods will I need?" and "battlemage" is not enough information. What mods will you need to do what?

Ask yourself: what do I like about Skyrim? What do I dislike about Skyrim? What things do I want to change about the game? What things about the game do I want to stay the same? When these things are clear in your mind then, and only then, will you be ready to look for mods. The one thing you do not want to do is blindly dump a bunch of mods into your game just because someone else uses them.

If you can give us some specifics about what kinds of changes you would like to make in your game we could begin to make some mod recommendations.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Jul 1 2013, 02:12 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 1 2013, 02:24 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jun 30 2013, 09:10 PM) *

Well, right from the start you're going about this all wrong. In my opinion the only intelligent way to add mods to any game is to: 1), decide what you like and don't like about that game and then: 2), find mods to add or subtract to those things. "What mods will I need?" and "battlemage" is not enough information. What mods will you need to do what?

Ask yourself: what do I like about Skyrim? What do I dislike about Skyrim? What things do I want to change about the game? What things about the game do I want to stay the same? When these things are clear in your mind then, and only then, will you be ready to look for mods. The one thing you do not want to do is blindly dump a bunch of mods into your game just because someone else uses them.

If you can give us some specifics about what kinds of changes you would like to make in your game we could begin to make some mod recommendations.

I could not have said it better. I played the game for about a month before I started to think about adding mods. I had no idea what I wanted to change until then.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 1 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Well I've added mods for a long time.

But it got to the point that I had too many mods.

I just need up to 30 immersive,battle-mage(y),more content(dungeon,weapon,armour),and graphical mods(not ENBs).
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 19 2013, 11:51 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

SO can anyone help?
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 19 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Sure, there's a whole section devoted to Skyrim mods over on the Beth forums. Probably lots of traffic since that's the official site. I'm afraid I haven't checked it out myself, but you might consider looking there. I don't use mods in Skyrim.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 19 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

I don't use the Beth forums anymore because of reasons.
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Aug 2 2013, 02:26 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm on console, so take it with as many grains of salt as can be obtained, but from what I've seen, Immersive Armours, Immersive Weapons, Frostfall, Wet and Cold, Colorful Magic, maybe SkyRe if you want to do that, Immersive creatures, touring carriages, I Yield, I Yield, the armor of Intrigue, YY Anim Replacer: Mystic Knight, the Raven Witch Armor, any of the aMidianBorn retextures, Improved Horse Step Sounds, and Corners of Skyrim are all great for what you described.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Aug 6 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

If you are talking about Skyrim, I recommend this website. It outlines a great course of action for setting up your mod profile. A lot will depend on your machine's capabilities, but there are "lite" versions of some mods that will help keep performance at a playable level. It is what I used as a guide to get the game where I like it.

For Oblivion, I can't help you. I have just recently reloaded the game and have very few mods loaded for it so far.

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 17 2013, 02:02 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I just found that someone modded Lindsey Stirling & Peter Hollins' version of the Skyrim main theme into the game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 21 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Now I have some Skyrim mods that I consider necessary.

KC's Followers Can Relax. I can't even express how much I love this mod.

Player Headtracking. Follower walks past (see above remarks wub.gif)and character turns to look at them!!

Immersive HUD. Toggle-able compass. At last.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:49 PM