6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you wearing? What are you wielding?, The Skyrim Version
Acadian
post Oct 25 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #81

Paladin
Group Icon

What a delightful look into Abiene's wardrobe! I think she has great taste with the browns, furs and darker reds - understated, elegant and practical. I think it's fun that she dresses just a bit conservatively. Those (like Jerric) who know her well realize she does indeed have a wilder and more adventurous streak - although generally only displayed privately. I think that her hair - dark but with a touch of wildness to it is the best clue as to what hides beneath. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 25 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

Abbie's traveling furs look very appropriate to the rather arctic nature of the college.

The Nirn-tones work well with her hair, and give her a very practical, unpretentious look.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 9 2014, 12:43 AM
Post #83

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's currently wearing a delightful outfit that seems ever so perfect for her - Here.

You can probably see the convergence of College robes, Assassin's Creed, buckskin & silk, even a hint of the vanilla vampire armor.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 9 2014, 12:45 AM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, that is very eclectic. And are those boots from one of the DB outfits?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 9 2014, 12:55 AM
Post #85

Paladin
Group Icon

Thank you! I'm very pleased with the outfit. It's called Dreamburrows Regal Huntsman Armor and comes in several color combinations with quite a few accessories.

The boots that come with the armor are modified vanilla vampire armor boots. In the screenshot, however, Buffy's wearing her Triss Armor boots. She prefers them as they are less 'clunky'.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 9 2014, 12:58 AM
Post #86

Councilor
Group Icon

That is a fabulous outfit for Buffy! Those slender boots are especially nice with it. Buffy’s hair feathers add the perfect touch, and as ever that circlet brings out her sparkling eyes.

I absolutely love Superian’s expression in this picture. She is making her newly blonde presence known! happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Nov 18 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #87

Mouth
Group Icon

Alaie'eesa is wearing this.
Annekke is wearing this - (although she now has an ebony shield).

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 18 2014, 12:21 AM
Post #88

Ancient
Group Icon

AAs outfits are striking. Allie's is very colorful, and Annes looks like it came straight from Madonna's closet! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 18 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #89

Councilor
Group Icon

I like that color in your Khajiit's armor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Nov 18 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #90

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 17 2014, 11:21 PM) *

Allie's is very colorful, and Annes looks like it came straight from Madonna's closet! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 18 2014, 12:11 PM) *

I like that color in your Khajiit's armor.

Blue is never a bad thing!

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 3 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #91

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Nov 18 2014, 06:52 AM) *
... Blue is never a bad thing!
I agree! Buffy just loves traveling around decorating things with blue!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 3 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #92

Master
Group Icon

It's great that bound arrows are stuck in bodies!

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 3 2014, 11:22 PM
Post #93

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, ghost arrows!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 9 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #94

Master
Group Icon

Lucius wears a full set of unenchanted leather armor, the only exception is his leather helmet, enchanted with 20 points of additional magicka but he only wears it if it's raining or snowing. In nice weather he wears a circlet of restoration which allows him to use less magicka to cast restorative spells. He always wears a Greybeard mantle, given to him by the Greybeards which keeps him warm (RP) and allows him to shout more often. But because he shouts rarely, he primarily uses it to warm himself when it's cold. And of course he wears a red leather knapsack to store useful stuff.

He almost always wears an Amulet of Mara which also allows him to use less magicka to cast restorative spells. He doesn't wear the amulet to find someone to marry, at least not yet.

His only sword is a Blades Sword which he found in Delphine's room in Riverwood. If he has to run around and do quests for her, then he at least deserves some powerful blade to wield. Before that he used an Imperial sword. Sometimes in combat he'll use an Imperial bow together with any arrows in stock. Lately he's been using Orcish arrows a lot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 10 2015, 11:08 PM
Post #95

Master
Group Icon

On Solstheim Lucius wears a full set of Chitin armor of Major Restoration that he bought in Raven Rock. In bad weather he wears the matching helmet, otherwise he prefers to wear the Circlet of Major Restoration. He replaced the Amulet of Mara with the one of Dibella and has a Ring of Recharging on his right index finger which he bought at Belethor's a while ago.

His weapons are still the same - the Blades Katana, the old Imperial Bow and Dwarven arrows. He could have used more powerful bows and swords but he is quite attached to his old wooden bow that has been with him almost since day 1 and his One-Handed skill is high enough anyway so he doesn't really need a more powerful sword.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 11 2015, 07:05 PM
Post #96

Councilor
Group Icon

I have two characters to report. I forget what Claire Voyance II wears, but Nassqa of Akavir found some Hide armor which boosts Restoration early on. He got attacked by some bandit outside of Helgen, and this bandit was wearing the enchanted armor. I think he's got some cheap hide or leather boots on his feet, and also cheap gauntlets on his hands.

Nassqa wields a pickaxe (seriously), and just found a hunting bow. He's a passive guy though, so he'll probably just use the bow for hunting, and his pickaxe for defensive fighting against agro NPCs.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jan 11 2015, 07:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 23 2015, 06:00 PM
Post #97

Councilor
Group Icon

My latest little Bosmer archer has been noting Buffy's use of the Bound Bow, and is wondering what's the best way to get there. It's an Adept spell, so she needs to get her conjuration up to 50 to reduce the casting cost, and she needs to raise her archery to make best use of it. Right now, she's running around trying to sneakily use a regular bow, while a conspicuous flame atronach is getting all the attention, but it appears that detection is a party thing, and if the flamer is seen, so is she.

Any advice from Buffy's mentor?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 23 2015, 06:15 PM
Post #98

Paladin
Group Icon

Ghastley, you're right about that pesky leveling stuff for a bound bow user. I think you're on the right track if you're going to do it the hard way.

My solution as to how Buffy gets around this may or may not be acceptable. You see, in my view, she arrives in Skyrim as an experienced mystic archer - and her blue wavy bow is a big part of that - like an extension of herself. Therefore, I ensure she gets it right in the Helgen keep tutorial. I give her the bound bow spell and enough extra magicka to use it right off the bat. To compensate, I tweak the damage down in the CS, then gradually tweak it back up in the CS as she levels up.

I could never get my head around somehow making a normal bow somehow disappear every time Buffy wants to cast a spell. I mean she's only a little elf. . . where would she stick the thing since the silly game won't let her hold in her left hand while she casts with her right, nor will it even allow her to put it on her back when spellcasting. For some reason, that just bothered the crap out of me. The solution was a summoned bow that is supposed to disappear - that solved it for me and is part of my affinity for the conjured bows (besides looking snazzy). tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 23 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #99

Councilor
Group Icon

I'd noticed her uncanny ability to carry a bound bow on her back when she wants to pose for a screenshot, so I figured some amount of console and mod work was afoot. tongue.gif

I don't think she's got far to go before she can get one, especially if she find the tome in Fort Amol (not that I've told her about that yet), and casts it before she reaches Adept. She's been raising Magicka in anticipation of eventually conjuring Bow and Atronach together, so I hope the game allows that.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 23 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #100

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy using the mystic bow from the saddle was a must - and yup, there's some Acadian magic involved to allow for that. From Buffy's perspective (roleplay-wise), she can cast the bow on the ground, then mount Superian and sustain the bow via a small trickle of her magicka - after all, she can't cast spells from the saddle and doesn't need the magicka for anything else at that point. When she dismounts, she unsummons the bow so she has the freedom to then cast whatever she needs.

You'll be happy to hear that conjuring a bound weapon is completely independent of any other summoning spells. That is, you can summon an atronach (then a second additional one once you get twin perks), then conjure a bound bow no problem. Dremoras are dumb (sometimes fail to engage or charge off the wrong way) but strong melee brutes. Frosties are smarter, but melee only and their size makes shooting around them hard. Flamers are adorable with their graceful animations and they stay out of the way, but die easily. From an effectiveness standpoint, I think Stormies hit the sweet spot for archer support because they stay out of the way and are tough.

Oh, and when you get the mystic bow perked out, one arrow will instantly dispel your own summoned daedra - sometimes that can be helpful (or convenient).

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:22 PM