Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The BETA release
dark_soul
post Sep 22 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Evoker

WELCOME TO THE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION OF THE PIRATE ISLES BETA

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

PLEASE READ THE README AND THE FAQ FOR HELP IF YOU ARE STUCK BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS, THANKS:)

FAQ HELP:
1. To start, simply sleep in a bed somewhere for a couple of hours, usually at least 4 hours to make sure the script triggers.
1B. Nothing happens? try sleeping for longer. Also the mod is incompatible with quickstart mods, because it tests if you have finished the character generation sequence.
2. Can't find the vintage rum? Where do you get rum...? Try the tavern, or maybe someone with a bit of money will have some in their house...
3. I'm level 10! why don't i have a hideout? Because you need a pirate rating of 10. Pirate rating can be improved by looting, and specific quests.
4. Where do i check my rating? Theres a journal in the Black Moon Cabin that will tell you your rating. Theres also a journal on the desk in the Pirate Hideout - Upper Level.
5. Where are the hireable people for the hideout? Try the taverns. Talk to everyone, "Those with something to say usually have a lot on their minds."
6. Why can't i get the brewery upgrade? Cause its not in the beta wink.gif
7. Where are the hireable captains for my hideout? You need a pirate rating of 40 and 60 respectively to unlock them. They will appear in the Bilge Monkey once you have reached that level.
8. How do i get to the hideout? Once you have got your hideout by talking to Jimmy, you can travel to and from it the same way you can travel between towns, by activating the black moon. Generally you can activate the boat from quite a few places, but i like to do it from the wheel smile.gif

The Pirate Isles BETA
---------------------
Version 0.7
Author:Dark Soul
Known as dark_soul on the official elderscrolls forums.
Or search for "Pirate Isles BETA"

INSTALLATION
------------
Simply extract the files to the Oblibion/data folder. The files need to be in the following places for everything to work properly:
- Check the file "DSPirateIsleBETA.esp" is in the Oblivion/Data/ folder
- Check the "SmallRumKeg.nif" is in the Oblivion/Data/meshes/DSPIModels/ folder
You may need to create the /meshes/DSPImodels/ folder. It is very important
you spell this correctly for the models to show up in game.
- Either start a new character or load an existing one, then go sleep somewhere for the adventure to begin!

The Pirate Isles BETA - IMPORTANT!!!
------------------------------------------
This is the beta release of my mod, The Pirate Isles.
The beta is bug free (to my knowledge), but is not the final version.
In this beta you can purchase a ship, hire one of three different first mates, and hire a crew.
Once you have your crew you can go looting! Each time you loot your pirate rating goes up, get a high enough rating and you can acquire an upgradeable hideout! Either start a new character or load an existing one, then go sleep somewhere for the adventure to begin!

What does the Pirate Isles BETA add?
------------------------------------
- You can acquire a pirate ship!
- Hire yon dastardly crew!
- An island with a piratey town, where you can hire new crewmembers etc.
- The ability to take your ship and crew and raid the high seas,
specifically looting merchant ships and fighting the navy!
- 3 Different First Mates to give your orders to, a warrior, an archer, and a general first mate.
- A slightly bizarre adventure related to skooma.
- Work your pirate fame up and acquire you own upgradeable island hideout.
- Some basic pirate classes to choose from, namely the corsair and swashbuckler
- A second island town, less piratey, with a Navy Outpost.
- Work your pirate fame up and new ships will join your fleet.
- Capture prisoners on your raids and sell them to slavers.

All the islands and interiors are seperate cells, there is no modification of the mainland of Tamriel at all.
I suggest you start a new character to play my mod to get the most of the experience.

Whats the difference between the BETA and the final version?
------------------------------------------------------------
The main difference is the main quest is missing from the beta.
I am putting this out to see what people think of the hiring and control system of the pirates, as well as the looting, i would like to hear your
feedback, either head to the official forums and join in on the discussion (search for Pirate Isles Beta) or look on chorrol.com forums
under mod projects. (may or may not be there yet) If you don't wander the forums you can email me, but i prefer people to join in the discussion
on the forums!

Due to likely changes in scripts and feedback from people i hope to make the mod far superior for the final release. This means the final release will likely be incompatitble with saves from the beta release. Whether you try it out now or not is up to you!

Heres what else I plan to add after i get feedback from the beta:
- More pirates hanging out at the hideout.
- More commands available through first mate, including hiring of crew.
- Morale for your crew, need to pay them every week or mutiny!
- High pirate fame leads to attacks by bounty hunters etc. It will actually give you a reputation (not just a number)
- Buried treasure quest (what pirate story would be without it!?)
- Everything from the beta release!
- 2 More first mates, one a wizard
- Governers daughter quest! (what pirate mod could be without one)
- Governers son quest (for the ladie pirates amongst us)
- Major imperial port.
- Possibly voices

CREDITS
-------
Thanks to my Quality Assurance Boss, Adam, for finding bugs, testing for me and coming up with some good ideas.
Thanks to Quarn who shrunk the barrel and added physics to it for the Rum Keg.

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Sep 24 2006, 09:11 AM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Aventhorn
post Sep 23 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #2

Retainer

I was gonna start a new topic with all my clothes pics so far but it said I'm not allowed too sad.gif and the search function is not allowed too, ah well I will show what I have done so far here and on the tes forums.

A load of pants.

I have edited the laced leather pants so that they are plain black and I think it works for the pirate pants.
I have edited the sack cloth pants so that they are black for the sailor outfit, ideally these would be worn with sandals as the top of the pirate boots get covered up.

The laced leather pants are well suited for the pirate gear as the boots can be seen over the top of them. I was gonna make the sailor pants cream but I havent been able to get a good cream colour no matter how i tweak the hue and saturation.

I still have to edit the sailor top to make it less bright and more dirty looking which I will do tonight or tommorow as tommorow I hope to start filepathing the textures to the meshes ready for sending but thats the cutlass's, tops, bottoms and boots.

I have chose the particular meshes because I think they fit the style and that they are some of the only ones that the womens version is pants and not a skirt.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Sep 23 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Retainer

wrong damn link >.< A Load of pants

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dark_soul   The BETA release   Sep 22 2006, 01:44 AM
Sailor Al   Aarrrrr No one's replied? Well, mates, [colo...   Sep 22 2006, 01:22 PM
Aventhorn   Yup my clothes I'm gonna finish off and filepa...   Sep 22 2006, 05:45 PM
Flightf1   Hey dont know if your looking for ideas for more f...   Sep 22 2006, 08:15 PM
Aventhorn   wrong damn link >.< A Load of pants   Sep 23 2006, 04:22 PM
Sailor Al   Pants!   Sep 23 2006, 05:24 PM
dark_soul   Try posting a new topic again, just call it test t...   Sep 24 2006, 07:22 AM
Aventhorn   It's ok it's letting me set a topic now. I...   Sep 24 2006, 04:39 PM
Minty   Im gona keep my eye on this mod :P   Sep 25 2006, 09:58 PM
dark_soul   Im gona keep my eye on this mod :P Join the di...   Sep 26 2006, 07:38 AM
dark_soul   In regards to athenys question, no i will not be r...   Oct 1 2006, 11:39 AM
Aventhorn   Quick bug check. Bugs Floating things and a lot ...   Oct 1 2006, 08:02 PM
dark_soul   Quick bug check. Bugs Floating things and a lot...   Oct 2 2006, 02:29 AM
Aventhorn   The most fun fight to watch was the bar on blackho...   Oct 2 2006, 05:45 PM
dark_soul   The battles are all well and fun to watch, but its...   Oct 3 2006, 04:02 AM
Plycat430   What are you supose to do with the treasure map   Oct 3 2006, 04:28 PM
dark_soul   What are you supose to do with the treasure map ...   Oct 4 2006, 02:44 AM
Plycat430   Is thre a map drawn on the map in the final versio...   Oct 4 2006, 12:58 PM
Plycat430   I must say you hid the pirate map very well it too...   Oct 4 2006, 01:04 PM
dark_soul   Is thre a map drawn on the map in the final versi...   Oct 4 2006, 02:41 PM
Coren   Not sure if anyone found it out yet, but I found a...   Oct 9 2006, 10:39 PM
dark_soul   Not sure if anyone found it out yet, but I found ...   Oct 10 2006, 09:32 AM
Ztriker   When i try to sail home after battles, the game cr...   Nov 17 2006, 10:34 PM
dark_soul   Thats very odd. Most likely a conflict with anothe...   Nov 22 2006, 06:09 AM
Blitzcraig   Noob question, Ive been lookin for about 2 hours a...   Dec 25 2006, 11:43 PM
dark_soul   You can get the black moon from Mecios, he should ...   Dec 26 2006, 01:32 AM
ryua   hey dark_soul, i have a request about in the mod, ...   Dec 29 2006, 04:36 AM
Zorro   hey dark_soul, i have a request about in the mod,...   Mar 27 2007, 03:16 PM
ryua   btw i just opened the mod in tes cs to find the na...   Dec 29 2006, 08:56 AM
dark_soul   hey dark_soul, i have a request about in the mod,...   Dec 30 2006, 03:27 AM
KhAoS   Small question here. Is it possible to get ship up...   Feb 22 2007, 12:58 AM
dark_soul   No its not in the beta.   Feb 27 2007, 04:03 AM
ryua   i found a way to remove the nude mod but the top r...   Mar 1 2007, 08:13 AM
Apparition   Heh, have any idea when there'll be an update?...   Mar 2 2007, 02:08 AM
Aventhorn   Heh, have any idea when there'll be an update...   Mar 8 2007, 11:32 PM
ryua   there prolly wont be a new version released till i...   Mar 3 2007, 09:18 PM
Apparition   yea, i downloaded the first release [ the day it c...   Mar 4 2007, 07:42 AM
barreldragons   i totaly agreed also we could test some of the don...   Mar 5 2007, 02:12 AM
ryua   still cant wait for the full release   Mar 5 2007, 03:57 AM
Apparition   =] sounds like fun eh; but seriously, he should 8...   Mar 5 2007, 06:49 AM
dark_soul   All in good time. ;)   Mar 6 2007, 12:12 PM
Apparition   i noticed, sorry if i wasn't clear but i men...   Mar 10 2007, 01:57 AM
barreldragons   log book capitaine barrel : ...   Mar 10 2007, 03:30 AM
dark_soul   log book capitaine barrel : ...   Mar 20 2007, 12:47 PM
ryua   i would prefer to play the full version, an update...   Mar 11 2007, 02:47 AM
Zackoeard   Bah! That's crazy talk! Although I...   Mar 20 2007, 01:24 PM
ryua   lol ive been here for a while, i know it takes a l...   Mar 21 2007, 02:09 AM
ryua   zorro, it would be nice to have the new texture bu...   Mar 27 2007, 09:02 PM
ryua   still i would like the bandage more than the origi...   Mar 27 2007, 09:03 PM
Zorro   when u get a another ship to your crew u can say t...   Apr 12 2007, 07:12 PM
barreldragons   when u get a another ship to your crew u can say ...   Apr 12 2007, 07:16 PM
Zorro   i canīt go to the second floor of his ship it is l...   Apr 12 2007, 07:23 PM
Zorro   wait iīve found it now   Apr 12 2007, 07:27 PM
barreldragons   there a fire place and a bear pelt in the cabin of...   Apr 14 2007, 05:26 AM
Zorro   no donīt think so   Apr 14 2007, 07:21 PM
barreldragons   thought so   Apr 15 2007, 01:42 AM
General_Makii   Hey, I've been looking for a pirate mod for a ...   Oct 4 2007, 10:05 PM
barreldragons   well mate seem you will have to bride some of us s...   Oct 11 2007, 02:36 AM
Cpt.Markus   So, I thought this might be put here simply becaus...   Nov 4 2007, 05:26 PM
nop277   I cant find the first mate, shes dissapeared. you ...   Jul 14 2008, 09:09 PM
nop277   i re-installed the mod and for some reason their a...   Jul 14 2008, 11:12 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:05 AM