8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout: Florida , The Sunshine State's Post-Apocalyptic Wastes
Renee
post Aug 19 2021, 01:06 PM
Post #121

Councilor
Group Icon

The New Lifer guy is just a hoot! tongue.gif It's just so unexpected to find him at this point when everything seemed to be going wrong. In my imagination, I hear his voice as being similar to the Church of Atom guy in Fallout 3.

What?!” Langston blurted. If he still had skin, it would have turned pale.

Nice detail, there. And if some girl gives him a kiss, he won't have to worry about blushing. cmok.gif embarrased.gif

I have a feeling now, and it's not a good feeling. indifferent.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 22 2021, 05:13 AM
Post #122

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 17 2021, 03:05 AM) *

There is an old saying “Adversity reveals the genius of a general; good fortune conceals it.”. It does not just apply to war and leadership. Adversity really shows what people are made of. Who will stand by you, who will turn their back on you. Who folds under pressure, who keeps calm and carries on. Waller getting a dose of adversity, and he is not rising to the occasion.

So if you wanted Waller to be someone who is in over their head, and cannot handle the pressure they are under, you succeeded. If not, you might want to go back and revise his behavior to make him more cool and calm.

Oh, I don't disagree. We have all sorts of IRL phrases to more-or-less say that adversity shows people's true strength. That's why I said I was playing "devil's advocate" and that I would feel the same way about his character as you if I was in your shoes. The point was just that I'm explaining his behavior. It's not entirely justified, per se, but I wanted to make sure that I had enough reason for him to act this way that was consistent with his character. This is the way I intended his character to be. We'll see soon enough if adversity truly breaks him or not.

And I forgot to mention it last time, before you went back to refresh your memory on the Temple of New Life--there were a few reasons I didn't want to use the Children of Atom.
1) I didn't want to reuse them, of all groups. Sure, I have the Enclave in here and had the Brotherhood of Steel in Part 1 (their time in the sun is done for Fallout: Florida), but I made sure to have them make sense and be lore-friendly.
2) It would be lore-breaking to include the Children of Atom, and while I'm not trying to be a purist about it I am keeping as consistent with the established lore of Fallout as much as possible. (I certainly won't call myself an "expert" on it, but I do love it and try to soak in as much as possible).
3) They don't make sense thematically here. Why that is the case will become clearer as the story goes on.

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 19 2021, 08:06 AM) *

The New Lifer guy is just a hoot! tongue.gif It's just so unexpected to find him at this point when everything seemed to be going wrong. In my imagination, I hear his voice as being similar to the Church of Atom guy in Fallout 3.

What?!” Langston blurted. If he still had skin, it would have turned pale.

Nice detail, there. And if some girl gives him a kiss, he won't have to worry about blushing. cmok.gif embarrased.gif

I have a feeling now, and it's not a good feeling. indifferent.gif

I'm trying to think of the best way to describe the voice for him that is in my head, but I'm having trouble with that. He does have some similar speech patterns, though. (The guy from Fallout 3 is named Confessor Cromwell, who founded the religion in Megaton.)

It's Fallout. When is it ever a good feeling? tongue.gif

Chapter 17: The Inside Job

Chapter 17.2

As Roger brought Mariah and Valentina over to a small seating area, Mariah inquired about the Temple of New Life’s presence in Old Tallahassee. “Hey, Roger? Can I ask you a question first?”

“Of course, you may,” he said, nodding with a smile.

“So, how did you even get into this city anyway? The New State of Florida is very . . . insular, from what I understand. They let pretty much nobody into the city, I thought.”

“A reasonable question. An expected one, too.” Roger said as he prepared a holotape for insertion into a device that could play it. “It is true that they are not a welcoming bunch. However, they have not always been this way. They billed themselves as a refuge for outsiders, outcasts, anyone who felt that they did not belong anywhere. While they did not just let anyone in, they still needed to grow their population so that it could truly be a remarkable city, especially if they want to be their own nation. These particularly stringent entrance requirements they have now are a more recent occurrence. Fortunately, this Temple establishment was, well, established about . . . hmm . . . six months ago or so. Before this obstinance to the outside world.”

“But why come here of all places?” Valentina asked. “Dr. Langston said you had a Temple in—I suppose we can say this around you—New Tallahassee. Why not just stay there?”

“Ah, but why would I do that, young ladies?” When Mariah and Valentina gave him a confused look, he answered his own question. “The folks at the Temple there are doing a fine job, and we are trying to reach as many people as we can. Thus, we cannot all be cooped up in one place. But more than that—think about what this city is supposed to represent.” Roger spread his arms out wide and looked around in a gesture toward all Old Tallahassee. “This municipality was billed as a haven to the lost. Those who feel they don’t belong, who feel they haven’t been welcomed anywhere else. We want to minister to everyone, of course, but the downtrodden and those who simply want something different from this world are an emphasis. The Temple has a prime opportunity to reach out to these people, especially now that there are grumblings from the populace about this New State of Florida too. I fear that with this discontent, your GCU’s presence, the Old Guard, the Enclave, and the Blackcoats, devastation is imminent. When that time comes, the Temple will be the light for these people.” Roger inserted the holotape into the device but held off on pressing the play button.

“Now, I know you have a lot more questions,” Roger continued before Mariah could ask him about these ‘Blackcoats’. “But I have a feeling many will be answered in this message from The Redeemer himself, and I must tend to the new members of our flock. Speaking of which, let me introduce you to them.” He cleared his throat and addressed the three young men sitting in chairs in the seating area while ushering Mariah and Valentina to open seats. “Welcome to the Temple of New Life, new acolytes! I am Roger, a Sower and Tutor with this wondrous organization. It is a monumental thrill for me to have new faces come into the fold, along with some guests. Please, greet each other.” Mariah and Valentina exchanged a simple “hi” with the acolytes, who greeted them the same way in return.

“Good!” Roger said jovially. “Now, I certainly do not know much about your lives up to this point, but I know why you are here. You are dissatisfied with the state of this world. You wonder why the wastes have to be the way they are. You can’t understand why humanity continues to tear itself apart, even though that is what brought this world to destruction in the first place. It seems that no matter where you turn, the world is completely broken. But rest assured, acolytes. There is indeed hope. I was much like you until I found the Temple of New Life. It seemed to be the only option left, and joining this family was the best decision I have ever made. It truly has given me a new life. Still, despite your openness to our beliefs, you probably still know little of what we are all about. But we must all start somewhere, right? Fortunately for all of you, we have the words of our Great Leader to ease you into your rebirth, your New Life . . . The Redeemer.” At that moment, Mariah remembered the mention of that name, back when she met Jonah, this ‘Emeritus,’ and he had given her a pamphlet that she had long since lost.

Roger finally pressed the play button on the device. The voice of a well-mannered, articulate man echoed from the device. “To all who listen to this holotape recording, I bid you welcome. You are listening to this because you have been newly inducted into our family, an event that never ceases to excite its current members. But as with all new ventures, you naturally have some doubts about this new path you are undertaking. Not to worry. It simply means you are thoughtful, and forging a new life is daunting. I am here to start dispelling those concerns of yours.

“So, what is it that this Temple of New Life is about? I believe this warrants an introduction on my part first. As you first learned about this Temple, you learned about me. You have perhaps heard of me by many names that have been bestowed by my followers. The Great Leader. The Great Guide. The High Trailblazer. And more. But the most common title of all is The Redeemer. Such effusive praise may lead you to believe that the Temple heralds me as a god, but that is not the case. I am not divine. Such hubris is for others, those foolish enough to believe that power and prestige is owed to them simply through virtue of their existence.”

Well, at least he doesn’t deify himself, Mariah thought to herself. Too many denizens of this post-apocalyptic world seemed to think and act to the contrary. But what exactly does he call himself?

Conveniently, The Redeemer answered that very question. “I see myself as a guide. A shepherd of sorts, one who seeks to forge a new Promised Land, as it were. Even then, I must be wary that haughtiness and pride do not overtake me. All of us struggle against our human nature, the nature that not only obliterated the Old World but continues to oppress the globe today. The destruction was, however, only physical. You see, despite prevailing beliefs, the Old World never truly died. It was merely placed on life support. The ills of the past—greed, dogmatic ideologies, hatred, and the like—still plague the planet today. One would hope that taking a single look at the smoldering ruins of once-glorious cities, the desolation of formerly beautiful lands, and the rest of the irrevocable damage on this world would convince those who managed to outlive the Great War to put aside their differences and rebuild the world for the better. Alas, that was not meant to be. The depravity of human nature still abounds as plentifully today as it did then. There is an ever-relevant phrase that I am always reminded of . . .”

There was a long pause, as if to let all The Redeemer’s words sink in physically, mentally, and spiritually. In any case, everyone was gripped by what the man had to say. Finally, he spoke the phrase.

“War. War never changes.” Mariah and Valentina felt like they had heard that specific saying before. They looked at each other, mouthing if the other had thought it sounded familiar.

“But as foreboding as that may seem, what if we can change the course of humanity? What if we actively acknowledge and fight our nature to become something greater? What if we could chart a new path that separates itself from the Old World? What if we could transform ourselves physically and spiritually? That, my friends, is what the New Life is all about. My vision is that one day humanity can reach its greatest heights, freed from its self-imposed shackles. It requires a true understanding of the strengths and flaws of this world, and not just among humanity. I like to describe it as a triangle for those newly minted individuals in our fold. At one point is humanity. The second point is nature. The third point is technology. In its simplest terms, here is what this triangle is about.

“Humanity is destructive and selfish, yet it is capable of immense creativity and innovation. Nature is completely governed by its instinct and the balance of power has tipped too far into its favor, yet it is what makes this world possible and brings about a beauty to life that only nature can. Technology and its abuses, ironically, have led to immense setbacks and stagnation for the world, yet it is the real key to our salvation when used properly and it is the only way for us to reach our fullest potential. It is only when these work in unison that this world can truly heal.

“The New Life is the road to building a new society, free from the chains that bind the rest of this world. It is the road to amplifying the capacities of humanity and to transform it. That is why I founded the city of Eden as a haven for others who want to see this world completely eschew the vestiges of what destroyed it in the first place and rebuild it into something new. Unfortunately, however, there are still those that would stand in our way. As a result, we must be vigilant about what we reveal to others. I can only tell certain people where exactly Eden is, for example. However, as you come to understand more about what we are all about, more of our doctrines will organically be revealed to you. And no, we do not require monetary contributions in exchange for access. All we require is being open to our teachings and to serving the Temple wherever and whenever possible.

“I will leave you with these final thoughts. Do not completely cast aside the rest of the world. It will still be a process for you to immerse yourself in our ways, and you can still reach out to those who are lost, alone, or feel that the world has not had anything sufficient to offer to them. The vices of the Old World still rule this planet. But do not be afraid to take your first step toward enlightenment and toward your New Life. Our set of codes, tenets, and parables are in our text known as ‘The Synthesis.’ Begin studying it, and your mind will begin opening and expanding. Farewell for now, and welcome to your new family. Your New Life.” With those parting words, the holotape clicked to a stop. The Redeemer’s recording ended.

Mariah had no intention of joining a post-War religion—if the Temple even called themselves a religion—but she felt oddly gripped by The Redeemer’s words. Even from the holotape recording, he spoke with a Charisma almost as if he was in the room. No wonder people were being inspired by this man, as strange and secretive as he was. Of course, it helped that many people were in a desperate state in the world, even in relatively civilized lands like the Gulf Coast Union.

Roger stood up to take the holotape out of its playing device. “Even with my experience and tenure with the Temple, his beginning messages are still edifying and comforting for me,” he said with a smile as he turned back to their small group. “They set a wonderful foundation, an accessible first step, toward a fulfilling way of life. How do you feel, new acolytes?”

One of the young men—none of them could have been older than their early 20s—stood up with conviction. “I may be young, but this is the first time in my life that I’ve really felt like I’m a part of something worthwhile. Something different. Something big and meaningful. I’m ready for this new life.” The other two young men with him concurred.

“Such exuberance gives me great joy!” Roger said, clutching his chest as if his heart was beating fast. “And what did you think, Mariah and Valentina?”

“Oh,” Mariah stuttered. For some reason, she didn’t expect the question. She scratched the back of her head as she searched for an answer. “I mean, uh, well, it was compelling, for sure. This world does suck a lot. But this isn’t for me, though.” The words of The Redeemer were still a bit flowery and vague for her, but then again, the recording was supposed to be accessible to newbies—a baby step of sorts.

“It was interesting. I see why others are joining the Temple, but like Mariah, I have my own beliefs,” Valentina said. “Sorry.”

“Oh, no apologies necessary, dear Valentina!” Roger said as he waved off the concern, not breaking his smile. “I know the two of you weren’t looking to join. Nevertheless, I wished to offer the opportunity. You never know who it will speak to, after all. Dr. Langston isn’t much for it either, but he has demonstrated his friendship and trustworthiness to us. As you are his friends, I know that you can be trusted as well. Now, as for our new New Lifers,” Roger beamed as he turned back to the three men. “I’m so pleased to truly welcome you into the fold. Unfortunately, I cannot give all of you your own copies of ‘The Synthesis,’ but I can let the three of you borrow this one. The foreword will give you some pointers about how you should go about reading the book.”

“Thank you, Roger. Or, uh, sir?” One of the new acolytes said, unsure of how to address him.

“My official stations are Sower and Tutor, but just calling me Roger is fine as well,” Roger said, handing over a copy of ‘The Synthesis.’ “I know it is getting late, and I don’t wish to keep you any longer. But I look forward to seeing the three of you tomorrow.” The three acolytes thanked him and said goodbye, heading out the door.

It was perfect timing, too, because Sergeant Waller walked over to them. “Mariah. Valentina. We are discussing our plans going forward in just a minute. Right now, the idea is to have our meeting, get to sleep early so everyone can recover enough to continue, and then strike out early in the morning. Understood?”

“Yes, sir,” both women responded.

“Fantastic. Roger, Langston said you would have some valuable information for us on our enemies. This is unusual to ask of someone who would be considered a civilian, but I request that you join us.”

“Certainly, Sergeant,” Roger nodded.

“Good. Let’s go.”

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Sep 6 2021, 03:45 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2021, 03:34 PM
Post #123

Councilor
Group Icon

It's Fallout. When is it ever a good feeling?

Ha good point!

Yes, Confessor Cromwell, that's the voice I hear, thank you. cake.gif I usually tend to 'assign' a voice to characters in a story. So for example, I hear Waller's voice as sort of higher-pitched for some reason. I imagine when he went through puberty his voice didn't deepen all that much. Maybe this is a small, subconscious reason why he's so abrasive; he's had to fight to prove his masculinity. biggrin.gif Could be wrong of course. Waller is your character, so you know him better.

Roger's explanation makes a lot of sense. He wants Temple of Light to be everywhere, which is quite piously noble in my opinion. I wonder if we should not be trusting him, actually. Hmm.

Actually, It almost sounds like Roger is full of himself!

....“So, what is it that this Temple of New Life is about? I believe this warrants an introduction on my part first. As you first learned about this Temple, you learned about me. You have perhaps heard of me by many names that have been bestowed by my followers. The Great Leader. The Great Guide. The High Trailblazer. And more. But the most common title of all is The Redeemer....

But then he goes on to explain that others have given him these titles. Which he merely shrugs off.

Wow, Roger really goes on and on! laugh.gif Then again, he is a religious man with a mission! Have we ever heard of a religious man with a mission who can't deliver a good sermon? laugh.gif

I like Val and Mariah's reactions to this! That cracks me up.

How many people are left in this group overall? Especially after getting attacked earlier?

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 23 2021, 08:12 PM
Post #124

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 23 2021, 10:34 AM) *

Roger's explanation makes a lot of sense. He wants Temple of Light to be everywhere, which is quite piously noble in my opinion. I wonder if we should not be trusting him, actually. Hmm.

Actually, It almost sounds like Roger is full of himself!

....“So, what is it that this Temple of New Life is about? I believe this warrants an introduction on my part first. As you first learned about this Temple, you learned about me. You have perhaps heard of me by many names that have been bestowed by my followers. The Great Leader. The Great Guide. The High Trailblazer. And more. But the most common title of all is The Redeemer....

But then he goes on to explain that others have given him these titles. Which he merely shrugs off.

Wow, Roger really goes on and on! laugh.gif Then again, he is a religious man with a mission! Have we ever heard of a religious man with a mission who can't deliver a good sermon? laugh.gif

Oh, no no no. You misunderstand. That wasn't Roger talking--that was The Redeemer. They are two completely different people. Hence, Roger put in that holotape instead of speaking, and he doesn't talk like The Redeemer does. Roger just heads up the Temple of New Life in (Old) Tallahassee. Remember that Roger says this:

"Fortunately for all of you, we have the words of our Great Leader to ease you into your rebirth, your New Life . . . The Redeemer."

Roger's titles are Sower and Tutor, as he tells the new acolytes. Thanks to that Shortie Thread opened up here, I'm thinking of including passages from the Temple of New Life's codex of sorts, The Synthesis, there. I'll explain different titles there like Sower and Tutor--and Emeritus, as Jonah is called. He was the very first New Lifer in this story, back in Chapter 2 (or was it 3?).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2021, 08:44 PM
Post #125

Councilor
Group Icon

Either way, Roger or the Redeemer, they both know how to talk up a good sermon!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 24 2021, 07:43 AM
Post #126

Ancient
Group Icon

“War. War never changes.”
That line still gives me goosebumps.

Interesting speech on the foundations of the New Life Temple. I liked how you incorporated the triangle of Nature, Technology, and Humanity. It was a nice touch.

nit:
Our set of codes, tenets, parables, and tenets are in our text known as ‘The Synthesis.’
You have a repetition of the world "tenets".

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 6 2021, 03:51 PM
Post #127

Mouth
Group Icon

@Renee - If we had game stats, The Redeemer would have over 100 Speech and 10 Charisma. But looks like Roger didn't quite pass the Speech check on Mariah and Valentina, though. tongue.gif

@SubRosa - Whoops, nice catch. I fixed that error now. And thank you.

I need to update my Fallout: Florida map and post it here again, but I don't have the time to at the moment. I'll be sure to do it next post, though.

Chapter 17.3

Fallout 3 Soundtrack – Price of Honor

In a side room was a large round table with a map of Tallahassee sprawled out on it. The city had expanded its boundaries in the years leading up to the Great War, gobbling up smaller communities and integrating them into the greater Tallahassee area. With its increasing technological prowess, population, and significance in the overall political landscape of the region and the country, Tallahassee needed to extend its reach. Even though the city had been rebuilding under Ezra Davidson to mimic a lot of the city’s past glory, the map was still outdated given that it was copyrighted in 2074. Yet for being nearly 60 years old, the map was in pretty good condition. It must have been stored somewhere that helped keep it well-preserved.

“Pay close attention,” Langston said. “This may be a timeworn map, but it represents what the city is today sufficiently. Regardless, the New State of Florida would not disclose what I am going to show you, so newer maps wouldn’t divulge any of this anyway. Here is what we are dealing with.” Langston had a black marker in hand, drawing a circle around what was practically dead center in the city. “This is the heart of the regime here. The old state capitol is there, and a little bit to the north is the Governor’s Mansion. Right next to there is The Grove, a residence for a couple of state governors from long ago but was turned into a museum. Now it houses a few horrifying experiments. Ezra Davidson splits his time between the Governor’s Mansion and the State Capitol building, the latter of which he wishes to build back up its old height of over 25 stories. Much of it was knocked down during the War.”

“Why would he do that?” Mariah asked, puzzled. There didn’t seem to be any logical reason for building such a tall structure. “What’s the point?”

“Hubris. What else would it be for?” Langston replied matter-of-factly. “Ezra is dangerously unstable and full of fragile pride. He wants to demonstrate his strength to the outside world, a world he truly thinks is fated to fall under his rule. Or Florida, at least. But I know how he is. He will never stop trying to take whatever he can. Delusional as such grandiose ambitions are, he is still a danger to the rest of the Sunshine Wasteland.” Langston turned the attention back to the map, tapping inside the black circle he made around these aforementioned points of interest. “We cannot hope to take the NSF head-on. Not yet. Maybe the Enclave and Old Guard will be foolish enough to do so, but we have other avenues to take.” He then made smaller circles near the circle he already drew—one just a bit to the west and one just a bit to the south. “These are what used to be Florida State University and Florida A&M University, abbreviated FSU and FAMU,” Langston said about each of those new marks, respectively. “What had not been obliterated on those campuses is mostly off-limits to civilians unless they have NSF escorts.”

Langston then drew several squares around the outer limits of the city before continuing. “In the southwest is what was Tallahassee International Airport and the headquarters of what was Menendez Security Services. Even before the tensions between the U.S. and Florida state governments blew up in the open, private security companies were setting up shop throughout these lands. I suspect they were already in league with elements of Florida’s government who wanted the state to break away from the rest of the country, as these security companies essentially became small armies. They even got into the business of creating smaller-scale bunkers for families.”

“Couldn’t they have just gotten Vault-Tec to do that?” Valentina asked. “I would have thought they would have had the market cornered on that.”

Langston shook his head. “Even the mighty Vault-Tec only had so many resources. Besides, they were already too close with the federal government to do too much in Florida beyond what they were already here for. Vault-Tec had to complete the Vaults they already were in the process of building. Enter these private security companies, Menendez being the biggest, who could step in and create more cost-efficient, privately tailored bunkers to those who could afford it. As they acquired exorbitant amounts of profit, they also garnered goodwill amongst the population and make the federal government look worse in the process.” Langston realized the tangent he was going on. “Now please, we must focus on what needs to happen now. I can provide more information that is less salient to this matter later.

“Menendez Security Services and its armory were a major partner in Florida’s surge in combat technology. Power Armor became much less available in Florida as a result of the severing of the U.S.-Florida relationship, but Florida’s government and military wanted its own version so that it could stand on its own. Through this partnership between state government and private security companies, they eventually devised their Warsuits. Warsuits sacrificed much of the protectiveness that Power Armor provided, yet it gained greater mobility and decreased mass. They also still provide better defense than armors that you are perhaps more familiar with, even scout and marine armor. Some of these Warsuits are still in that armory in the southwestern section of the city. We’ll need to capture some of these ourselves to stand a chance against Ezra and the NSF, along with the Old Guard, Enclave, and these Blackcoats.”

“And who exactly are these Blackcoats? We have heard nothing about them in GCU intel.” Sergeant Waller said gruffly. It annoyed him that a major faction could possibly be operating in Gulf Coast Union territory without its military knowing.

“That is likely because that is not what you call them. Truth be told, we do not even know who they really are,” Langston said. “No one does. That is simply what we call them because we know nothing else about them apart from how they are dressed. But please, we can come back to them soon. This is a priority here.” Langston tapped the two small circles around the Pre-War universities he mentioned earlier. “The biggest reason that Florida State University and Florida A&M University are so closed off, beyond official government dealings, is that each of them has one potent communications inhibitor on their grounds. In short, these devices control what information comes in and out of the city. If you have tried to contact your base in Wakulla Springs—or what you now call ‘New’ Tallahassee—you will have noticed that you are incapable of establishing any outside connection. In any case, please do not attempt to do so now. These communications inhibitors they have can and will track whoever tries to establish a channel to anywhere outside the city.”

The fact that the northeastern section of the city had no markings by Langston on it caught Mariah’s eye. In a way, that interested her more than the areas Langston was talking about. “What about over here? Why don’t we care about what’s over here?”

Langston stood there silently for what seemed like a whole minute as he looked at where Mariah was pointing. There seemed to be some measure of fear in his expression. Everyone in the room kept looking at him, waiting for him to answer the question.

“Dr. Langston?” Mariah asked again with more concern in her voice. The Quillback from the facility they escaped was sitting at her feet, oblivious to what was going on. “What is—”

“You do not want to go over there. Ever.” Langston said tersely. “That is all you need to know.”

Mariah was somewhat frustrated. She couldn’t stand not knowing something when she realized there was something interesting and/or important to know. “Well, now I really want to know. Why can’t you just say what it is?”

Langston groaned. For the first time, it seemed that Mariah tried his patience, though it may have just been because the subject matter was something he particularly did not want to think about. “If you really must know, Mariah, it is effectively where the prison section of the city is. It is colloquially referred to as ‘the Zoo.’ Some of Davidson’s . . . projects end up there. Remember those deranged humanoids we encountered below the surface? Well, Davidson has managed to round a few of those up, among other things, and put them there. Any individual who offends the city administration in any manner meets a horrifying fate within the Zoo’s walls. It is his method of keeping the population in line.”

“So, those experiments aren’t Davidson’s,” Waller said. “They’re old Old Guard experiments and they’re just one thing Davidson is trying to retrieve.”

“Correct.”

“But if he was once Old Guard, why does he not have an easier time capturing those subjects? Why does he not know more about them.”

“It is as I said before. The alterations in the landscape, destruction of documents, lack of insight as to what remains, and the passage of time have sealed up much of what was done in the past. Ezra also was not involved in every Old Guard experiment, so he does not have prior knowledge about many such trials. His specialty is in robotics. That is why he has invested an immense number of resources towards recovery efforts.”

“Very well.” Waller peered over the map some more while everyone awaited word of the plan he was concocting. He decided to talk it out loud, mostly with himself to better process Langston’s intel but to also explain to everybody else what they needed to know. “Clearly the comms inhibitors and this Menendez depot are the priority targets right now. I’m afraid our unit is too small and under-resourced to go after both at the same time, but if we pool all our efforts toward one of the targets the NSF will undoubtedly try to shore up security at the other when our first objective is complete. I have a feeling that they are going to be more protective of the Menendez depot given what is there.

“The Old Guard, Enclave, and these Blackcoats are wildcards. They probably are more intuitively aware of the Menendez target if they know the city’s history. Whatever happens, however, we’ll need to call in reinforcements. War is right on our doorstep, and we do not have the numbers now to be sufficiently prepared for when all hell breaks loose. The NSF won’t be able to contend with everybody at the same time, and we need to capitalize on that. So, we’re going after the comms inhibitors first. Do you know the exact location of these devices, Langston?”

“I do not possess precise coordinates, but I know who does,” Langston replied. “We are fortunate enough to have certain members of the NSF who also secretly oppose Davidson. I know that a few of them patrol the grounds of those universities. Even if we do not encounter allies, I hypothesize that the devices will be where the schools’ student radio stations were.”

“I suppose that will have to do. Mariah, Valentina, Langston, you’re all coming with me. You as well, Sarah,” Waller said, pointing to one of the other GCU soldiers. “Javier, you are in charge of the rest of the squad. See if you can scout FAMU’s grounds, but do not proceed onto its campus unless you have absolutely no other choice. We are pressed for time, but I’m not about to send you on a suicide mission. Understood?”

“Yes, sir,” Javier simply replied.

“Good. In the meantime, my group will be heading to FSU. Take your smaller firearms like your pistols so they are easier to conceal. If you really think you can stay out of sight of any NSF troops, then bring your bigger ordnance.” Waller rolled up the map, trying to think of a safe place to store it. “Alright, people, get some rest. We’re going to move out early when there are less people out and about, but obviously stay alert for NSF. My group will head out first at 6:30 AM, while Javier’s group will leave at 7:00 AM. If we all head out at the same time, we might attract suspicion.” Waller cleared his throat, checking in his head to see if there was anything he missed. “Roger, I understand that you are not the violent type, but do you have any supplies to restock our ammunition?”

“Indeed, Sergeant,” Roger said. He walked over to a loose panel in one of the corners of the room and pointed down into it. “There are a few crates here that can replenish your supplies. The doctor and a few of his allies have arranged to smuggle some of them here.”

“Excellent. Alright, people, make sure you get some good rest. Things are seriously heating up and we all need to be at the top of our game. Dismissed.” And with that, the meeting was adjourned. Shortly thereafter, everyone went to sleep.

***End of Chapter***

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 6 2021, 08:25 PM
Post #128

Paladin
Group Icon

Rader, when do you you plan on releasing the rpg to support this story? tongue.gif

It looks like you've really done some neat world building here to bring your future Florida to life, including various factions, political intrigue and the drumbeats of war.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 8 2021, 01:15 PM
Post #129

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha, I wonder what Mariah's stats would look like. Definitely high Perception. Charisma, as well. And Luck. By golly that girl's got some Luck on her side. She's survived more high-pressure, high-risk situations...

That's a good point about Vault-Tec only having so many resources. Indeed, I imagine their primary devotion would be toward political areas, and they'd also be after some profits. But they can only do so much / go so far.

I like the sound of Warsuits. None of my characters so far have been into Power Armor, mostly because they prefer being sneaky & mobile. emot-ninja1.gif

The quillback is still with them. smile.gif Makes me smile. I think I know why Langston won't answer the question. Monsters! Hmm, well I was sort of right.

Seems Waller has cooled off quite a bit. He's getting along with everyone in Chapter 17.3.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 6 2021, 03:25 PM) *

Rader, when do you you plan on releasing the rpg to support this story? tongue.gif

Just don't sign up with Avalon Hill! Not without a good copyrights lawyer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 9 2021, 01:03 AM
Post #130

Ancient
Group Icon

Ezra is sounding very much like Mussolini or Hitler in his grandiose designs for power. Nice touch.

I also liked the private security companies growing in power and going into the Vault business, while edging out Vault Tec. It is a nice comparison to the rise of mercenary corporations in the real world.

The Sunshine Wasteland has a decidedly ironic twinge to it that I find absolutely delightful!

The Warsuits sound neat.

The Zoo sounds nice and creepy. I can't wait until the story goes there!

Time to go back to school!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 28 2022, 06:55 PM
Post #131

Councilor
Group Icon

Um, Rader...

... FINISH this! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 17 2022, 05:03 PM
Post #132

Mouth
Group Icon

Sorry, everyone. Lots of stuff has been happening in real life over the past year-and-a-half. (That includes writing a REAL book and getting it self-published!) So not only have I not had much time to devote to writing this story, but I haven't been logged into Chorrol in forever or reading other people's stories.

BUT I plan on changing that soon. I know more or less where Part 2 of Fallout: Florida is going. I just need to actually get it written down.

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 28 2022, 01:55 PM) *

Um, Rader...

... FINISH this! biggrin.gif

Glad to see you are still interested in it, Renee! Hopefully other Chorrolites are too. I can provide a refresher for readers if need be.

I'll get out the next part of the adventures of Mariah and co. as soon as I can.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 17 2022, 05:06 PM
Post #133

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice, glad you have returned. What is your real-life book about? Since it's already published, is there a link we can post to?

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 18 2022, 12:52 AM
Post #134

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 17 2022, 12:06 PM) *

Nice, glad you have returned. What is your real-life book about? Since it's already published, is there a link we can post to?

I'll show you in a private message. If any other Chorrolites are interested, I may do the same for them. I just don't want it publicly shown on the forums, at least not right now.

And now, after a very long hiatus...it's back to the story of Fallout: Florida! So glad to be able to continue it again, and hopefully my fellow Chorrolites are eager to get back into it. I'll try to read others' stories as much as I can.

Chapter 18: Inhibiting the Inhibitors

Chapter 18.1

Sunlight wasn’t even peeking out over the city skyline when the GCU crew were up and about. If it weren’t for the exhausting events of the previous few days, they would have had trouble sleeping. Now everyone was ready to carry out Sergeant Waller’s orders, mostly refreshed.

The quillback, Mariah’s new companion, was skittering about nervously. At first, she didn’t seem to think much of it. As if fed up with her inattention, the quillback gently nudged her leg with one of his spiky quills, not enough to hurt her but enough to get her to notice. “Hey, what’s the big idea?” Mariah gently chided her animal friend. The quillback jumped up and then pointed his quills toward one of the windows near the front door.

“It seems that your little friend senses something outside,” Roger, who was also awake to see them off, said as he went over to the window. The window was too high for the quillback to see through, even though it was larger than a regular porcupine, but it seemed that Old Guard experimentation greatly increased his awareness of the surroundings. The quillback’s suspicions would prove correct as Roger looked out the window and gasped.

“What is it?” Mariah asked. Roger’s gasps had put her and Valentina, who overheard the exchange, on edge.

“Oh no, no, no, no . . . Doctor Langston!” Roger said in a loud but whispering tone.

Doctor Langston had been anxious since he woke up, and Roger’s panic made it worse. “What is it, Roger? This better be of vital importance.”

“Look outside! It’s Constantine! And he has other NSF soldiers with him!”

“What?! Let me see!” Dr. Langston walked over to the window to see a 6-and-a-half foot tall man with a bandolier loaded with bullets and an assault carbine on his back. He was flanked by five other NSF soldiers who were shorter but still well over six feet tall themselves. “Confound it! What is he doing here? The NSF must be on alert already!” Langston quickly shook his head from side-to-side to figure out what to do next. It was unusual for the GCU crew to see him so flustered.

“What is going on, Langston?” Waller inquired, weapon drawn already for whatever trouble was nearby. The rest of the GCU group had their hands on their weapons, ready to pull them out as well.

“It is Ezra Davidson’s right-hand man! He is a ruthless b******, and I have personally witnessed it on multiple occasions.” Langston then pointed emphatically to the basement door that was the GCU’s entrance into this Temple of New Life. “We must get back downstairs now!”

Waller wasn’t going to argue. They couldn’t afford to have any mistakes on this mission, especially when it only just started. “Move it! Downstairs, now!”

Langston saw that Constantine and his crew were about to cross the street toward the Temple. “Roger, I need you to do whatever it takes to drive them off. I suspect they will rummage through here if no one is here to meet them. And we need you to conceal the hatch.”

“Of course, Doctor.” Roger said, trying his best to calm himself and appear unsuspicious to Constantine.

Quickly, Langston, the quillback, and the GCU personnel filed through the staircase underneath the hatch, with Roger quickly covering the door. Not even 60 seconds later, there was a loud knock on the front door of the Temple. Roger waited a moment to open it and then greeted Constantine. A gravelly voice answered, which must have been Davidson’s right-hand man. One could tell that he was no-nonsense just by the sound of his voice. “Hello, priest.”

“Ah, hello, sir. What can I do for you?” Roger said without barely a hint of apprehension in his response.

“I have it on good authority that there are . . . troublemakers. Outsiders that have infiltrated the city and threaten its stability and peace. As a good citizen, you know quite well that it is your duty to report any suspicious activities to NSF authorities. So . . . have you witnessed anything unusual?”

“I’ve heard about these outsiders, yes. Unfortunately, I cannot help you because I have not witnessed such activity myself. But I heard a rumor that they may be operating nearby the . . . Menendez building, is it called?”

“Who told you this?”

“Oh, nobody told me specifically. I was at the UniMart yesterday in downtown and I heard some gossip.”

“Are you lying?”

“No, sir!” Roger said in response to the thinly veiled threat. “I do not want this wonderful city being undermined by insurgents or any outside influences. All I want is to bring new sheep into the flock of this Temple of New Life.”

“Yes, I’m sure you do. Very well. That’s all for today. Alright, troops. Let’s move out.” And with that, the NSF group of soldiers left. Roger let some time pass after they took their leave, in case they came back, before uncovering the secret hatch and letting the GCU members out.

“Was what you told them true? About the Menendez building?” Waller said as he came up the stairs. “Constantine may have a knack for smelling out bull****.”

“Well, yes . . . though somewhat misleading,” Roger said with a nervous chuckle. “I was the one who told somebody else—a trustworthy person who also works against the Davidson administration—while I was shopping at the UniMart. The Enclave soldiers who came up through the same hatch as you, I overheard them as they were discussing their plans. Very arrogant people who must have thought I had no idea what they were talking about or that I wasn’t listening. So technically, I did overhear a conversation at the store.”

“Good work. Thank you, Roger.” Waller said. “Did you overhear anything else?”

“I heard a few names. One stood out in particular because they noted his rank: Colonel Blackburn.”

“Hmm. Yes, I believe I know his name,” Langston said ponderingly. “I am not sure how long he has possessed his rank, but his name does sound familiar.”

“With any luck, the NSF will be focused on the Menendez armory, and they will be less focused on the old grounds of FAMU and FSU,” Waller said. “We need to make haste now. And I’m revising that order about bringing smaller weapons—bring any ordnance that you can take with you. We cannot afford to be spotted, but if we are we need to be able to defend ourselves to the utmost capacity. No sense in handicapping ourselves. Javier, take your group to FAMU right now. My group will head over to FSU immediately. Move out.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 21 2022, 01:03 PM
Post #135

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey man, welcome back. Hug_emoticon.gif Just so I make sure I've got the story right, I am going to make a bunch of statements, some of which are wrong.

They are in New Talahassee? And from what I remember, Langston is a ghoul scientist who is knowledgable about some bunker (something like this) in which they are all delving into, right? Sargent Waller and Langston and maybe a couple others are all at odds about their latest mission. Nobody trusts each other.

And they found a quillback, which I believe is an irradiated version of a porcupine. I believe Waller wanted to kill it, but somebody else (Val or Mariah) wanted to keep it around. Which was a good idea because the prickly creature is adding some merit to the party.

Constantine is here. I remember that name. "Are you lying?" asks the soldier? laugh.gif That made me laugh a little. Like, what answer did he think he would get?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 21 2022, 11:08 PM
Post #136

Ancient
Group Icon

Welcome back Rader. Nice to see you back on the case.

I just noted that Mariah has an animal companion. If her father was only a king, she would be a Disney Princess. There is a criteria.

Uh oh, bad guys snooping around.

Time to get a move on while they can.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 23 2022, 05:40 PM
Post #137

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 21 2022, 08:03 AM) *

Hey man, welcome back. Hug_emoticon.gif Just so I make sure I've got the story right, I am going to make a bunch of statements, some of which are wrong.

They are in New Talahassee? And from what I remember, Langston is a ghoul scientist who is knowledgable about some bunker (something like this) in which they are all delving into, right? Sargent Waller and Langston and maybe a couple others are all at odds about their latest mission. Nobody trusts each other.

And they found a quillback, which I believe is an irradiated version of a porcupine. I believe Waller wanted to kill it, but somebody else (Val or Mariah) wanted to keep it around. Which was a good idea because the prickly creature is adding some merit to the party.

Constantine is here. I remember that name. "Are you lying?" asks the soldier? laugh.gif That made me laugh a little. Like, what answer did he think he would get?

Old Tallahassee. New Tallahassee is right nearby. With the Great War, Tallahassee was hit hard by the bombs (though that is possibly the work of the Enclave, as the Florida state government and the U.S. federal government were at bloody odds with each other, which leads to the rivalry between Enclave and Old Guard). The former Wakulla Springs, which was growing before the war, was near the original Tallahassee and, with the formation of the GCU, Wakulla Springs became styled as "New Tallahassee." Eventually, "Old" Tallahassee was becoming habitable, but by the time the GCU started trying to operate there, they found somebody else had taken over much of the place.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 21 2022, 06:08 PM) *

Welcome back Rader. Nice to see you back on the case.

I just noted that Mariah has an animal companion. If her father was only a king, she would be a Disney Princess. There is a criteria.

Uh oh, bad guys snooping around.

Time to get a move on while they can.

Hey, Sub! Good to see you again, too. I will get back to reading The Stormcrow as soon as I can.

Yeah, I'm probably going to make the quillback (what used to be a porcupine) the Fallout: Florida version of Dogmeat. Makes for something different but is still a homage of sorts, I guess.

It feels good to get back to this more consistently. Hopefully I can keep that up. Here's Chapter 18.2

Chapter 18: Inhibiting the Inhibitors

***Chapter 18.2***

[FALLOUT 1 SOUNDTRACK – INDUSTRIAL JUNK]

Roger showed the group a backdoor to exit the building more discreetly. Save for Constantine and his posse of NSF soldiers, there was almost nobody out on the streets yet. The two GCU groups kept their wits about them, looking in all directions and sticking to alleyways and other methods of keeping out of sight. They eventually split up so that Javier’s group headed to FAMU while Waller’s—which included Mariah, Valentina, Langston, and the quillback—made haste to FSU.

With Langston’s knowledge of the city’s layout, the group was privy to many nooks and crannies available to them so they could stay out of sight, but it took them longer to get to their destination. The radio station on the FSU campus, call sign WVFS, was dangerously close to other city landmarks. These included the still-ruined remains of City Hall, the Museum of Florida History, and the towering Florida Capitol Building that had the historic capitol building right behind it. Even after being mostly rebuilt by Ezra Davidson’s legion of automatons and human and ghoul workers, one could still feel some of the old Florida town vibe that Old Tallahassee possessed before the War.

Mariah certainly noticed the historic feel. “This place would be amazing to dive into it if it weren’t lorded over by a psychopath,” she said.

“That is an astute observation,” Langston said in agreement. “If only you could have seen it before the bombs dropped.” He sighed at the thought of a dead era that was never coming back.

“So, this is the heart of the city, huh?” Waller remarked. “This place should be crawling with NSF, but it seems awfully quiet. Why?” While it was still somewhat early in the morning, it was expected that there would be a noticeable NSF force hanging around.

“I can only speculate. With the Enclave, Old Guard, and Blackcoats in the city, maybe their forces are strained.”

“You know, for a group dressed so conspicuously, these Blackcoats sure are otherwise mysterious,” Mariah said. “You really know nothing about them?”

“No, but Ezra seemed to have a particular axe to grind with them. He would not tell me anything about them. I suspect he knew more about who they are than what he would say.”

Suddenly, a PA system at the city center blared over speakers wired throughout. Out of the speakers came an exceptionally raspy voice. It was Ezra Davidson. “This is your governor speaking, reminding you of your duties as citizens of our great New State of Florida to report any suspicious activities and individuals.” Even for a ghoul, Davidson’s voice was growly. “We have insurgent factions within our city. It is your responsibility as citizens to do your part in making the quelling of these insurrections as quick as possible.”

He even sounds like a bona fide psychopath, Mariah thought to herself. How in the world did this guy get so many people to follow him?

Ezra’s voice kept rambling, but Waller took the attention away from it to refocus the group on the task at hand. “Forget the wannabe dictator for now. We have a job to do. I don’t know why this place is so lightly defended right now, especially with something as critical as this comms inhibitor, but we need to move fast to take advantage of it. How do we get inside the WVFS station without being seen, Langston? I guarantee somebody is waiting at the front door.”

“There’s an emergency exit around the right side from where we are. It goes down some steps below the ground and is covered up by a wall. And with any Luck, a fellow resistance fighter within the NSF will be here. I know that she is often posted here.”

“Perfect. Have your weapons ready just in case, people,” Waller said. The group traversed the grounds as surreptitiously as they could. There were some NSF soldiers walking the streets nearby, but there weren’t many of them. The GCU group was able to stay out of sight, in part thanks to some tricks Mariah learned from the Apalachee back in the Panhandle. But there was still a nagging question: How could this area be left nearly defenseless?

Whatever the case was, the group safely made it down the steps to a mostly-glass door. And that luck that Langston was hoping for was on their side, as that inside woman was positioned at the door. Waller and company had their weapons at the ready before Langston frantically waved in front of them. “Stop! She’s on our side!”

“Dr. Langston?” The woman perked up. Unlike many other NSF military members, she was not a ghoul. “To be honest, I didn’t think you were ever coming back.”

“You must keep the faith, my dear Akila,” Langston said in a reassuring tone. “I was hoping I would see you here but . . . are you the only one here?”

“I can’t say for certain about the inside,” Akila replied.

“Why is there almost no one from the NSF patrolling the streets?” Waller asked. “This makes no sense.”

“I don’t know, sir,” Akila said with a shrug. “But a lot of soldiers were sent over to the old Menendez building. Trying to protect the Warsuits over there. They won’t say it, obviously, but there is clearly a lot of concern amongst NSF leadership about what’s been going on. I think they know they are on the cusp of losing this city.”

“We can only hope,” Mariah said. “You probably know this already, but we need to destroy the comms inhibitor here at the radio station. Where exactly is it?”

“Sorry, but I’m not aware of what this inhibitor is. Leadership doesn’t tell us about everything. All we know is that there is important stuff here,” Akila said. She then raised her eyebrows in a sort of “a-ha!” look. “You know who might know, though? The DJ.”

“There’s a DJ here?”

“Yeah, his name’s DJ Lowe. He’s here a lot to do the music and all for people living in the city. He has to spout a lot of the propaganda for Governor Davidson’s administration, but I know he complains about many of the constraints they put on him. Told me as much because, well, he’s hit on me multiple times. Fancies himself a ladies’ man,” Akila said, shaking her head and scoffing. “He’s harmless, but he thinks he’s got way more Charisma than he actually does. But some women clearly like him in that way. Not my type, though.”

Mariah and Valentina looked at each other—both had met more than a few men like that.

“Ah, yes. DJ Lowe. ‘The One-Man Show’ as he likes to call himself,” Langston said, clearly unamused by the man. “But that makes sense that he might know. Is he on air right now?”

“Yeah. But there are often two or three soldiers posted at the door to the studio to keep tabs on him. I don’t know how you all made it, but I don’t think stealth is going to get you through them. I would help, but I have been ordered to stay posted out here. If I go against orders . . .”

“We’ll figure out a way. Thank you, Akila. You’ve been a major help,” Waller said, shaking her hand. “Don’t put yourself in more danger than you have to.”

“Thank you, sir. I can open the door for you at least.” Akila took out a pair of keys and unlocked the door. “I’ll have to lock it behind you, but you can still open it from the inside.”

“Whatever you need to do.” It seemed to the group that Waller had softened a bit. Maybe it was just his level of focus on the current mission. Maybe it was just that fortune finally was on their side. In any case, it was a welcome change from his hardened attitude. “Let’s work quickly. Have your weapons out.”

Mariah looked at her erstwhile quillback buddy. His quills were standing on end as if he expected enemies at any moment. Mariah smiled at him, took a deep breath, and stepped through the doorway with her companions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 24 2022, 04:53 AM
Post #138

Ancient
Group Icon

We get some old tyme Tallahassee charm as the chapter begins. It is nice to compare and contrast the present to the past. Well, often depressing in games like this. But it reminds us that there was indeed a past, and that history is one of the things that created the present we currently live within.

Blackcoats. That sounds like it could be good. The black flag is the symbol for anarchism, going back at least as far as Nestor Mahkno. OTOH, Blackshirts have a distinct OG fascist history. Or granted, it might just be an arbitrary style choice of yet another faction.

I wonder if this area appears so empty because it is a trap? My sense of paranoia is slowly increasing.

DJ Lowe. ‘The One-Man Show’ laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
WellTemperedClavier
post Jul 24 2022, 07:24 AM
Post #139

Finder
Group Icon

Hey, just chiming in to say I've read the first three chapters (and the introductory material). As a Fallout fan, it's fun to see how the setting might look in parts of the US that the series hasn't visited. Florida's own unique history would certainly put its own spin on post-nuclear life, and it's no surprise that there'd be a lot more in the way of mutation in such a bio-diverse place.

The GCU's certainly gotten on its feet impressively quickly. Though, as I think you mentioned, northern Florida wouldn't have been bombed as heavily as California or the Northeast. As much of a peril as the wildlife is, as the Kolossi and others demonstrate, it can also be a boon when handled correctly.

Mariah's got a good head on her shoulders. She's of the Wasteland, but not (yet) completely hardened. And as is so often the case in Fallout, she's to some extent a hero of happenstance. Being on that caravan led to one event, which led to another, and so forth. As an outsider, she's well-suited to introducing the reader to the Sunshine Wasteland (what a great name, along with Cooler Heads, which is so wonderfully Fallout). The politics of the GCU, the Dissidents, and others already seem pretty byzantine, however, and it seems that this battle over Holt's Fusion! factory will just be the tip of the iceberg.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 27 2022, 06:30 PM
Post #140

Councilor
Group Icon

"They eventually split up so that Javier’s group headed to FAMU while Waller’s—which included Mariah, Valentina, Langston, and the quillback—made haste to FSU....."

I love how the animal is now part of the group. It occurred to me this past weekend that there's the possiblity the armadillo is domesticated?

Remind me what Ezra is supposed to be like? Skinny? Overweight? Tall? Short? I just wanna be able to picture the guy. Okay, I see he is a ghoul.

But yah, he does sound sort of psychopathic, or at least paranoid. He gets on the loudspeaker and what does he say? Turn in any insurgents! -- Almost reminds me of Jim Jones, during his church's cult's final days in South America. Jim would also get on a loudspeaker, high on whatever, and ramble to his congregation, right up until he made them drink the Kool Aid.

There's a D.J. here? cool.gif

I love how you keep capitalizing the SPECIAL attributes! Luck. Charisma! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 AM