Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tamriel Project?, are there any considerations?
Torham
post Jul 19 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Associate

Hi, I just registred, so i Don't know if this was discussed before. I don't want to bring this on elderscrolls forum, because they will probably just tell my that it was already done 10000000000 times. I was wandering if anybody considered rebuilding whole tamriel. I was just looking on some maps in Imperial Library, and when you look on a map from arena, Its, not really that big. If we will have powerfull cs, that generates landscape (wich was big hold up in MW), it shouldn't be THAT big problem to realize this. even creating towns can be done relativelly easy. If we build say 50 -100 different houses, we can then reuse them, and interiors in many cities. It's not like every house in every city has to be unique. It will take quite a few mad modders to complete tamriel, but hey world is a BIG place. I know that Beth have limited time and resources, but if we find say 100 able modders for landscape, i think we should be capable of doing it.

--------------------
excuse my english, im learning hard...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Jul 20 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Well it is a very massive project really... If your going to create Tamriel, and all that. But, I'm just saying that its a hell lot of work.. but surly possible wink.gif
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 20 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hi! Well it isn´t done 1000000000000 times.....but 1 time actually! If you check out the link below you´ll see! biggrin.gif

Tamriel Rebuilt

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Torham
post Jul 20 2005, 04:26 PM
Post #4

Associate

Yea, I know about tamriel rebuild for MW, but i was thinking about one for OB... After all we will have random landscape generator, wich should speed up the process. When I was modding MW, i was ok with interiors and stuff, but the landscape was just sooooo much work. If you want it to look nice and not empty. All the flowers, trees, rocks, even grass.... huh, still got shivers and i was building only a small island.

This post has been edited by Torham: Jul 20 2005, 04:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 20 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #5

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hmmm....isn´t Tamriel just Tamriel? I mean the same thing? Then I don´t think it´s made, but would be an awesome mod..... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Torham
post Jul 20 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #6

Associate

biggrin.gif technically tamriel is tamriel, but if you could pick tamriel mod for MW or OB, i bet you'll wait and pick one for OB... mayby folks from tamriel rebuild will swich to rebuilding OB, i don't know. But tamriel rebuild project was not moving so fast, because of the shere mass of landscape that had to be hand-edited. Like i said towns can be done by reusing some "standart" houses, even whole sections of towns. Landmass will "generate itself", so you just need to hand edit some dungeons, quests and so on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Faldwin
post Sep 17 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #7

Retainer

QUOTE(Torham @ Jul 20 2005, 09:26 AM)
Yea, I know about tamriel rebuild for MW, but i was thinking about one for OB... After all we will have random landscape generator, wich should speed up the process. When I was modding MW, i was ok with interiors and stuff, but the landscape was just sooooo much work. If you want it to look nice and not empty. All the flowers, trees, rocks, even grass.... huh, still got shivers and i was building only a small island.

If you had the old games couldn't you just use the landscapes already made by Bethesda. The regions that don't have a game yet could be made from scratch but there is enough Elder Scrolls Lore that very little would have to be invented.
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Sep 18 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #8

Unregistered

Creating Tamriel wouldn't be that difficult actually, especially with the help of the new land editor. The difficult part is a) recreating important landmarks such as Dagoth Ur, Crystal Tower, etc, cool.gif adding well over 10,000 new custom NPCs to the new land, c) Reanimating textures for guars, cliffrunners, and other creatures from outside Cyrodil, and d) Adding the quests to each area (if Cyrodil alone has 150 quests, multiplied by eight = 1200 new quests you'd need to add).

The whole project would require over a year to finish and a huge group, but it's very possible.
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Sep 20 2005, 06:15 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

More like 6000 new NPCs.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Channler
post Sep 23 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Sep 20 2005, 01:15 AM)
More like 6000 new NPCs.

but I like 10k npc's sad.gif

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gamer10
post Sep 23 2005, 03:02 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

You could start a recruitment here, and maybe even on the official forums in order to assemble a sizable team. Also now there are so many ways to create NPCs that making thousands shouldn't be very difficult.

biggrin.gif

Just keep randomly generating them, give them items clothes and a name and send them on their way.

So the creation would be the job of one team. The other could implement them into the MOD by giving certain ones quests that go along with other bla bla bla. . . . .and so in conclusion . . . .tongue.gif

This post has been edited by gamer10: Sep 23 2005, 03:05 AM
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Sep 23 2005, 08:06 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Accidentally set their stats off a little and you'll get killing sprees.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Sep 23 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

True true. Personally I would be too tired after the whole last undertaking of this project to begin again with Oblivion. But I guess some people don't seem to mind when their massive projects become obsolete.
+Quote Post
yum
post Sep 25 2005, 07:09 PM
Post #14

Retainer

Id be willing to help TR on oblivin if someone started recuriting. I may be pinched for free time at times here and there but i seriously think it would be worth the effort. I just would need to learn how to use oblivins generator and learn to script.

This post has been edited by yum: Sep 26 2005, 06:02 AM
+Quote Post
Zalzidrax
post Sep 27 2005, 06:14 AM
Post #15

Associate

The TR project currently has many dedicated modders, but right now we're working on finishing the full province of Morrowind in the Morrowind engine. It is no small undertaking, and will at least triple the gameworld once it is finished. I have little doubt that, we will be switching over to Oblivion once Morrowind province is complete, or nearly so, and people have had a chance to upgrade their computers and get familiar with the construction set.

As for recruiting, anyone who wants to help is always welcome as long as they're willing to put in the effort to make quality work.
+Quote Post
yum
post Sep 28 2005, 05:48 AM
Post #16

Retainer

Oh I see, TR might be switching to oblivin after the morrowind province is compleate. Hmmm I might look into it once I get Oblivin
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 25 2005, 10:14 AM
Post #17

Agent

If you could create random NPC/landscape creator (such as in Nethack) it wouldn't be so long.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Annon
post Dec 12 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #18

Associate

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155323
+Quote Post
Caligula Superfly
post Dec 17 2005, 05:40 AM
Post #19

Associate

Well Silgrad tower sounds like it may eventually expand to create more of the morrowind province. If anyone plans to make a full tamriel add on for OB, I would work with them to make the mods compatable. Hell, I would probably use whatever they make as a launch pad for the entire morrowind province, since they will already have some of the custom landscape and architectural graphics done.

Or just make another province I suppose....

If you had to pick a province to start remaking first (it would probably have the highest chances of being finished), what would it be? I pick black marsh or elsweyr. If done right, those could be a blast.
+Quote Post
Razorwing
post Jan 18 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #20

Retainer

^^ Thanks for the mention smile.gif

I kindof like the idea of working on a limited canvas. I would rather see one tenth of the Morrowind Province modded to be detailed, varied and with lots of quests to do and places to see than the same amount of effort spent on trying to mod the whole Province. I think a tight, fun, quality game world would be more fun for players and modders alike. I'm not saying it's impossible that we'll expand the focus if we get more modders than there's work left to be done, because there's only so much detail you can add. But the focus we have right now is still a *huge* amount of - fun! - work ahead of us, and I don't think anyone would be served by us overextending ourselves. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:59 PM