Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ideas Box
Troika
post Apr 12 2005, 05:36 AM
Post #1

Agent

If you have an idea for a story that, for whichever reason you won't be using, please don't just let it float into the void. Post it here, and other people may be able to use it.

If you are going to be using an idea from The Idea Box, make sure you post to let everyone know which story you're going to work on, so that we don't end up with three versions of the same thing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pinehead
post Apr 12 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #2

Evoker

I was thinking about a serie of books about Vvardenfell. Written like a tourist guide, with a load of information on sightseeing and relaxing spots. With parts for language, travel within VVardenfell and stuff. I just don't know much about the Geology/History/Language and that kind of stuff. It was kinda supposed to be a project on it's own, written by several people, within the Library. But I bet something like this has been done already and I'm rather busy. Maybe some people are still interested though.

--------------------
Oblivion? Never heard of it. Sounds like a joke.
+Quote Post
Perseus
post Apr 12 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #3

Associate

My current writing is about some dark ritual. Dunno if that equals arcane or something, I never looked into that. It's about sacrificing people to a fire smile.gif.

Hmm, well reports on organisations to the homeland (East Empire..) would be a solid idea.

--------------------
Is it good to be human or more human to be evil?
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 12 2005, 09:01 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

I was gonna do a blade journal.. is that alright?

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JulZ
post Apr 12 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #5

Associate

[quote=Pinehead]I was thinking about a serie of books about Vvardenfell. Written like a tourist guide, with a load of information on sightseeing and relaxing spots. With parts for language, travel within VVardenfell and stuff. I just don't know much about the Geology/History/Language and that kind of stuff. It was kinda supposed to be a project on it's own, written by several people, within the Library. But I bet something like this has been done already and I'm rather busy. Maybe some people are still interested though.[/quote]

I think we've already got too many books on/set in Vvardenfell. The most natural thing would be if most of the books were from Cyrodiil or an unspecified place.

Anyway, I was thinking of a collection of Cyrodiilic proverbs, but that's way too advanced for me to do, so feel free to use the idea people.

--------------------
-JulZ
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 13 2005, 03:47 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I just realized in school I'm writing a short story about a guy attempting to slay a fawn. It would not be very difficult to adapt it at all to fit into oblivion.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 13 2005, 04:45 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

I have a vague idea of doing something with the Sload (since there are no Sload books) after I have finished my theory about the Knahaten Flu in Black Marsh.

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
Corryn
post Apr 13 2005, 05:08 AM
Post #8

Associate

Somewhere in Morrowind a person sneaks into an ancient Dwemer ruin. He takes a device and many animiniculi activate. Not being a warrior he hides. What follows is a twisting nightmare as he desparatly seeks to find his way in the Laberinth of twisting coridors and dangerouse traps as relentless machines hunt him down.
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 13 2005, 05:22 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

You signed up finally?
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 13 2005, 05:38 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=DoomedOne]You signed up finally?[/quote]He signed up earlier...

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 13 2005, 05:43 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

so he did, still I heard some comment when reading around that he hadn't signed up yet so I had to, plus, that was earlier toay.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 13 2005, 05:55 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=DoomedOne]so he did, still I heard some comment when reading around that he hadn't signed up yet so I had to, plus, that was earlier toay.[/quote]Yeah, he did sign up pretty late. And you're right, he signed up today, only earlier.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JulZ
post Apr 13 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #13

Associate

[quote=Corryn]Somewhere in Morrowind a person sneaks into an ancient Dwemer ruin. He takes a device and many animiniculi activate. Not being a warrior he hides. What follows is a twisting nightmare as he desparatly seeks to find his way in the Laberinth of twisting coridors and dangerouse traps as relentless machines hunt him down.[/quote]

As I said, I feel people should try to steer away from Morrowind...

And please, please don't whip me (Insert a :bolt: emoticon from the official TES forums here) !

--------------------
-JulZ
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 13 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #14

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=JulZ]

I think we've already got too many books on/set in Vvardenfell. The most natural thing would be if most of the books were from Cyrodiil or an unspecified place.

.[/quote]
The first chapter of my story (in the archives ) takes place in Cyrodiil, only!

smile.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pinehead
post Apr 13 2005, 04:44 PM
Post #15

Evoker

I just read the stuff about the lack of heretical books (which I didn't know) So now I have an idea for a book from a Sheogorath worshipper. The book should look like a bunch of nonsense at first sight, but should contain hidden secrets. I have skills with the 'nonsense' part, but I'm worthless in hidden messages.

--------------------
Oblivion? Never heard of it. Sounds like a joke.
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Apr 13 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

[quote=Pinehead]I just read the stuff about the lack of heretical books (which I didn't know) So now I have an idea for a book from a Sheogorath worshipper. The book should look like a bunch of nonsense at first sight, but should contain hidden secrets. I have skills with the 'nonsense' part, but I'm worthless in hidden messages.[/quote]
some sugestions;
write the message backwards
write the message as the first letter of every word
" " " " last letter of every word
write it in phonetics ('bike' would be written as 'byk')

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
+Quote Post
JulZ
post Apr 15 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #17

Associate

Got an idea, what if the Librarian wrote a play or a history book detailing the founding of the Library, how the founders met each other etc. It could be called something like 'On Our Secret Library And Its Founding'.

--------------------
-JulZ
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Apr 15 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

[quote=JulZ]Got an idea, what if the Librarian wrote a play or a history book detailing the founding of the Library, how the founders met each other etc. It could be called something like 'On Our Secret Library And Its Founding'.[/quote]
good idea, that's why I had you all sign up for me. I'm making a play on how the library is/was being hidden behind an imperial writing office. With a little rewrite, I could add in the founders...

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
+Quote Post
Oni Tora
post Apr 17 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #19

Associate

an idea i have had for a while is if there is an arena in OB, then we could start an arena log. something like:

Combatants names/races:
outcome:
odds/bets:
Winners notes:

i dunno, sumthin like that.

--------------------
"Stop saying things to comfort me.....Or I will kill you."

- Orochimaru-sama
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 28 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

"Nord traditions are resplendent with legendary heroes that battled their traditional enemies, elves and orcs, using the Thu'um, a powerful voice-magic."- Do something on that, not much is known. See here for more info: http://til.gamingsource.net/mwbooks/children_sky.shtml

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:30 PM