+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Oct 9 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #62

Mouth
Group Icon

This is the current rendition:

Active Mod Files:

This load order was designed with three things in mind: building the most immersive and beautiful rendition of Cyrodiil possible (and I think I did a pretty good job here), putting back some the 'vanilla' game (all creatures and loot are vanilla once again), while continuing with ditching the level scaling (T.I.E.), and quest expansions that are unique and lore friendly (Lost Spires is gone, for instance).

Most recently added was Artifacts and Immersive Interiors. Artifacts was added because the new shop stocks plenty of robes (and my new mage likes his robes), a few new outfits (not many, but I got a nice riding outfit while visiting), and lots of new weapons and armor (bleh sleep.gif ). Immersive Interiors was added because, well... it's immersive, need I say more?

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Oct 9 2011, 01:23 PM

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 9 2013, 01:20 PM
Post #63

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I used to have none for years but now Iīve got 10-15 or so. Itīs mostly minor things like not having the FG porter follow you around and having regular animals not attacking. I donīt use big one like Open Cities and I donīt use any overhaul.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 2 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #64

Councilor
Group Icon

Eighty-one. I have 81 esms and esps, according to the number of Form IDs in OBMM. Not all of these are active all the time though, some of them only get used for certain characters.

Come and think of it, I actually have more than 81. It's hard to say. Some mods don't include esms / esps, some of them will modify the game hiding in background. I estimate I've got another 10 of these, perhaps. So approximately 90 overall. That's twice my 'goal' from a year ago. I think I started Oblivion on PC almost a year ago. biggrin.gif To think it all started with Snaat Rayag in the Tutorial dungeon on my old PC (made for office work, not gaming), and I had no idea why the dungeon was so bright.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 2 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #65

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Give a kid the keys to the candy store, and this is what happens.. laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 2 2015, 11:08 PM
Post #66

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 2 2015, 04:59 PM) *

Give a kid the keys to the candy store, and this is what happens.. laugh.gif tongue.gif

There it is, Crow. The good news is my mod-adding frenzy has slowed down dramatically. There's not much else I'm really craving to have in my game (yeah, I mean it this time), other than more peaceful critters. Unfortunately if a mod adds critters, it only adds hostile ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 2 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #67

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jan 2 2015, 04:51 PM) *

Eighty-one. I have 81 esms and esps, according to the number of Form IDs in OBMM. Not all of these are active all the time though, some of them only get used for certain characters.

Come and think of it, I actually have more than 81. It's hard to say. Some mods don't include esms / esps, some of them will modify the game hiding in background. I estimate I've got another 10 of these, perhaps. So approximately 90 overall. That's twice my 'goal' from a year ago. I think I started Oblivion on PC almost a year ago. biggrin.gif To think it all started with Snaat Rayag in the Tutorial dungeon on my old PC (made for office work, not gaming), and I had no idea why the dungeon was so bright.

Renee's gone Mod-Wild!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Feb 20 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #68

Evoker

Eh.... somewhere between 70 and 80 I guess... ohmy.gif
Basically, I'm trying to strike a balance between stripping away the things I don't like (thank the nines for darnified UI, which achieves about 60% of that), and adding in elements that I feel are lacking.. as well as some nice visuals. Some of these I won't be adding back in when I do a reinstall at some point in the future, but I am quite happy with this setup, for the most part.

This post has been edited by ArtemisNoir2: Feb 20 2015, 09:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 20 2015, 09:49 AM
Post #69

Spam Meister
Group Icon

My problem with many mods that add NPCs and houses etc is that even though they may fit in perfectly and all, I still know itīs a mod and I canīt stop noticing it. The only way for me around that is to add it all before I even start the game! tongue.gif

Actually I kinda did that with Morrowind. Though I didnīt add any NPCs or houses, but I did add graphic enhancers and I donīt notice them since I havenīt played without them.

*coughcough* - Sorry. Must have cought the Reneeofftopic bug... hehe.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 20 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #70

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey, how do you all take 'pictures' of your mod list? I want to share mine.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 20 2015, 03:49 AM) *

My problem with many mods that add NPCs and houses etc is that even though they may fit in perfectly and all, I still know itīs a mod and I canīt stop noticing it. The only way for me around that is to add it all before I even start the game! tongue.gif

Ahh, this is why I like to imagine Saga and Renee's game are 4th Era. It's how I 'explain' why there's some new stuff in their games. I sometimes will throw something into their gameworlds, and actually forget about it. This way, when I come upon some new village in the middle of the woods somewhere, it feels natural.

*coughcough* - Sorry. Must have cought the Reneeofftopic bug... hehe.gif

Yeah, I know, it's going around this time of year. Tell me about it. Hey, you know it's actually ZERO degrees today? My kid went to school 2 hours late (this is mandated by our county, so all schools are 2 hours late today), and some of the other kids were wearing Halloween masks to school, so their faces don't fall off.

Ahh-choo! What were we talking about? hehe.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 20 2015, 03:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2015, 06:04 PM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ArtemisNoir2 @ Feb 20 2015, 03:13 AM) *

Eh.... somewhere between 70 and 80 I guess... ohmy.gif
Basically, I'm trying to strike a balance between stripping away the things I don't like (thank the nines for darnified UI, which achieves about 60% of that), and adding in elements that I feel are lacking.. as well as some nice visuals. Some of these I won't be adding back in when I do a reinstall at some point in the future, but I am quite happy with this setup, for the most part.

I see a lot of familiar names in that list!

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Feb 20 2015, 09:32 AM) *

Hey, how do you all take 'pictures' of your mod list? I want to share mine.

OBMM has a button on the right side called Import/Export. Click on that, and then click on View Load Order and it will give you the list of all your active .esm and .esps. You can copy and paste that.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 20 2015, 06:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 20 2015, 11:58 PM
Post #72

Councilor
Group Icon

Very good, well here we go.

That's for Renee's game. Lady Saga's game and Snaaty's game have a few things different. Snaat Rayag has several skooma mods, for instance.

--------------------
+Quote Post
gpstr
post Mar 27 2015, 03:22 AM
Post #73

Agent

The specific set depends on the character. They all share the same landscape mods (all the ULs, all the ImpeREALs, Roads of Cyrodiil, Trails of Cyrodiil, Region Revive Lake Rumare, a bunch of villages and probably a few others), they all share the same body/hair mods (HGEC female, Roberts Male and an ever growing hair and eye compendium of my own), and they all share the same gameplay mods (DarnUI, HUD Status Bars, Enchanced Hotkeys, Custom Spell Icons, Map Marker Overhaul, Dynamic Map, Enchantment Restore over Time, Quest Award Leveller, and so on, and so on). They all get Spell Tomes, The Orrery and SI, and they all get most of my player houses (even though only one of my characters lives in each of them). Beyond that though, it starts to diverge. Only a few get KotN. Only a few get Mehrune's Razor. Only the fighters get armor and weapons and only the mages get robes and staves. Most of the DLC are saved only for the characters who actually live there, just because I don't want my other games cluttered up with messages about their new ownership of places in which they're never going to live, so Jana's the only one with Battlehorn and Ughoth's the only one with Frostcrag. Many of them have their own mods for the stuff that's specific to their games, so I've got a bunch of individual ones - HannaStuff and DawnStuff and ClaudiaStuff and so on.

The upshot? As of last night, I have 289 mods installed, and with Jana's game (the one I was playing then) 148 are active. That last is probably about average.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 28 2015, 06:50 AM
Post #74

Councilor
Group Icon

I also am in the habit of using different mod sets with each of my 3 characters. I actually have a notepad page on which I post instructions on how to swap from one character to the next. I'll put it in the spoiler tag below.

Pretty technical, eh? laugh.gif Snaat Rayag's game has plenty of 'Deactivates", because his world is 3rd Era, which to me means it is similar to what I'd find in my console games. The main diff is he's a skooma dealer, so I added several skooma mods to his game. Renee Gade III's game is supposed to be 20 years into the 4th Era, so I like to go crazy with mods here, dumping a lot of things which I need to Activate, which makes it seem very unlike Snaaty's game.

Lady Saga is in the middle of these two: about 6 years into the 4th Era, so she's got a few things found in RG3's world, but not all of them.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 28 2015, 07:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 28 2015, 08:38 AM
Post #75

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sweet Jeebus, Renee! ohmy.gif Quite some work just for switching characters! wacko.gif

I can sooo relate to that... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 28 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #76

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, that is some list Renee! You know the Oblivion Mod Manager can synchronize your mods for you. I don't think it will turn any off, but you can use it to view your savegames, and it will show you which mods are in use by that save, and you can have it automatically turn on all the ones it needs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 28 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #77

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 28 2015, 12:04 PM) *

Wow, that is some list Renee! You know the Oblivion Mod Manager can synchronize your mods for you. I don't think it will turn any off, but you can use it to view your savegames, and it will show you which mods are in use by that save, and you can have it automatically turn on all the ones it needs.

Oh I know I can use the manager to do this for me, but I like doing it my way because I get to review exactly what's going on with each character as I swap. I also have a terrible memory, so it helps if I go through my checklist, just to remind myself which mods are being used by whom. It's like I get more personally in-touch with their worlds.

The only thing that's tricky is I can't just swap from one character to the next day by day, like I did on PS3. I used to roll dice just to see who I'd be gaming with for the evening! But this is okay. I like spending several weeks or months with somebody nowadays, before moving on to somebody else.

mirocu: har har. You can relate. Har har

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 28 2015, 06:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:43 PM