21 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
mALX
post Nov 21 2019, 05:26 PM
Post #361

Ancient
Group Icon

And don't forget to ask if there is a particular piece you want that you don't have the plans for; I'm sure some of us can make it for you; and depending on the materials needed to make the piece it might be at no cost. (I usually make any furniture for someone just for the materials needed to make it).

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 20 2019, 09:16 PM
Post #362

Mouth
Group Icon

Somewhat on a whim, I decided to buy Autumn's Gate in The Rift. Only 60,000 gold and it is a decent-sized plot. Now I have a real home in Pact territory that isn't just an inn room. I wanted to have a Pact home and something much different than my major homes--Twin Arches and Sleek Creek House--that I already have. Autumn's Gate just clicked with me right away.

Problem is that I am pretty low on crafting materials. I've got a little bit of stuff in there right now, but I decided to buy a few things from guild stores. It has the recently obtained Undaunted trophies that I got, which are not up in any of my other homes, but little in the way of furniture. I can craft a lot of the stuff that I want to put in there, but I'm not sure which ones I can't do and as aforementioned I don't have much to craft with right now.

Perhaps there is some Orcish and Nordic (possibly Imperial, if it fits) furniture that people can craft for me? I'm not necessarily looking for the highest quality stuff and I don't want anybody to have to use expensive materials for me.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 20 2019, 09:17 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 21 2019, 01:46 AM
Post #363

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 20 2019, 03:16 PM) *

Somewhat on a whim, I decided to buy Autumn's Gate in The Rift. Only 60,000 gold and it is a decent-sized plot. Now I have a real home in Pact territory that isn't just an inn room. I wanted to have a Pact home and something much different than my major homes--Twin Arches and Sleek Creek House--that I already have. Autumn's Gate just clicked with me right away.

Problem is that I am pretty low on crafting materials. I've got a little bit of stuff in there right now, but I decided to buy a few things from guild stores. It has the recently obtained Undaunted trophies that I got, which are not up in any of my other homes, but little in the way of furniture. I can craft a lot of the stuff that I want to put in there, but I'm not sure which ones I can't do and as aforementioned I don't have much to craft with right now.

Perhaps there is some Orcish and Nordic (possibly Imperial, if it fits) furniture that people can craft for me? I'm not necessarily looking for the highest quality stuff and I don't want anybody to have to use expensive materials for me.

Nobody can make Imperial furniture; it is Crown Store only stuff. If you tell me the exact name of the pieces you want; I can check and see if I can make it or not = but right now I'm completely bottomed out on Furniture Crafting Materials due to the New Life Festival Writs.

I have been trying to find Heartwood to finish three Writs since the first day of the Festival; seems like everyone's Heartwood has sold out, grrrrr. So it may be a wait unless you are providing the materials needed for your pieces. (normally I don't ask for materials unless they are rare/expensive/or require large numbers to craft the item).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 21 2019, 02:19 AM
Post #364

Paladin
Group Icon

@Rader,

Just sent you some items that I hope will help with your new home in The Rift. I'm listing them here so folks won't send you duplicates:

Nord bed, single
Nord armoire, lattice
Breton sconce, sturdy torch
3 paintings

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 21 2019, 05:49 PM
Post #365

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 20 2019, 02:16 PM) *

Autumn’s Gate is a cozy little place! I like that it is walled off so you can have a neat little outdoor space.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 23 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #366

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 20 2019, 08:19 PM) *

@Rader,

Just sent you some items that I hope will help with your new home in The Rift. I'm listing them here so folks won't send you duplicates:

Nord bed, single
Nord armoire, lattice
Breton sconce, sturdy torch
3 paintings

Much appreciated, Acadian. One of the paintings was too big, but I'm going to hold onto it for when I get a large house (Quandam Indorilia particularly caught my eye the other day).

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2019, 11:49 AM) *

Autumn’s Gate is a cozy little place! I like that it is walled off so you can have a neat little outdoor space.

Yeah, my thoughts too. That's what stood out to me right away.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 29 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #367

Councilor
Group Icon

Hello. I am trying to buy a container for my character's home, so she can store stuff. I've bought several traditional containers from the Crown Store and placed them into her home (which is St. Delyn's Penthouse). So far I've bought a barrel, a dresser, a chest. Can't store stuff in these, can't even interact with them. Help!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 29 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #368

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 29 2019, 03:03 PM) *

Hello. I am trying to buy a container for my character's home, so she can store stuff. I've bought several traditional containers from the Crown Store and placed them into her home (which is St. Delyn's Penthouse). So far I've bought a barrel, a dresser, a chest. Can't store stuff in these, can't even interact with them. Help!

No, those won't store stuff. There are only certain chests that actually store items; and they are called "Storage Chests" or "Storage Coffers" so you will know their function. You will probably find them up in the "Services" area of the Crown Store = like with the crafting tables and Banker/Merchant.

You will get one small storage "Coffer" for free when your character reaches Level 18 = that one holds 30 unique items. (Unique = if you have a lot of any one item it will stack them and hold the whole stack as one item).

You can buy three more small storage coffers like that (that hold 30 items) from either the Crown Store (with Crowns) or from the Master Writ Vendor (with Vouchers). (or with Telvar Stones in the Imperial City Sewers).

You can also buy up to four larger storage chests that hold 60 unique items per each storage chest from either the Crown Store or Master Writ Vendor = for a total of eight storage units total per account.

https://lovelynorth.com/wp-content/uploads/...e_-1024x488.jpg

When you own any of the chests/coffers they are account wide and become part of your "Collections" - meaning they can be placed in all your houses for easy access; but they are the same chest (so will all have the same inventory inside them in all houses you place them in).

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 29 2019, 09:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 29 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #369

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, thanks a lot hon. You may have just saved today's Sundas gaming session.

Edit: that worked, mALX. cake.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 29 2019, 09:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 29 2019, 09:43 PM
Post #370

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 29 2019, 03:28 PM) *

Awesome, thanks a lot hon. You may have just saved today's Sundas gaming session.

Edit: that worked, mALX. cake.gif

Awesome!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 6 2020, 01:55 AM
Post #371

Mouth
Group Icon

Yoooooooo.

I saw a super cool Daggerfall Overlook the other day, and if you didn't see the name of the house you may not have even realized that's what it was. Gosse, VermillionStorm (a few people here know who she is), and someone else showed it to me. Some dude turned it into an Asian-inspired marketplace kind of deal. He even made his mansion look like a pagoda by slapping a ton of Khajiit reed lofts on it. Because he used up all his furnishing on the outside and in the very front room of the mansion, the vast majority of the mansion itself is blocked off because he couldn't stick anymore in there.

The user is @nighn_9 and you should definitely check out the place. It's open to any player.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 6 2020, 02:11 AM
Post #372

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Mar 5 2020, 07:55 PM) *

Yoooooooo.

I saw a super cool Daggerfall Overlook the other day, and if you didn't see the name of the house you may not have even realized that's what it was. Gosse, VermillionStorm (a few people here know who she is), and someone else showed it to me. Some dude turned it into an Asian-inspired marketplace kind of deal. He even made his mansion look like a pagoda by slapping a ton of Khajiit reed lofts on it. Because he used up all his furnishing on the outside and in the very front room of the mansion, the vast majority of the mansion itself is blocked off because he couldn't stick anymore in there.

The user is @nighn_9 and you should definitely check out the place. It's open to any player.

I think I've actually seen this one, and took pics of it. It is well worth the trip to see it for anyone interested!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 14 2020, 05:58 PM
Post #373

Councilor
Group Icon

I saw Rider was in-game recently in Forgemaster's Falls, but she logged off before I could ask if she bought it. So today I used EHT to try and travel there, to find out if it was owned.

I discovered that she had bought the place, but hadn't unpacked yet.

I decided not to get it. Crown-only, and the wrong building is the residence. I wanted to live in the longhouse (with a proper door), and have the box outside as a craft hall.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 14 2020, 06:17 PM
Post #374

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 14 2020, 12:58 PM) *

I saw Rider was in-game recently in Forgemaster's Falls, but she logged off before I could ask if she bought it. So today I used EHT to try and travel there, to find out if it was owned.

I discovered that she had bought the place, but hadn't unpacked yet.

I decided not to get it. Crown-only, and the wrong building is the residence. I wanted to live in the longhouse (with a proper door), and have the box outside as a craft hall.

OOH! I didn't know it was up for sale yet! Wait, the Longhouse isn't the player house? I did go see this on the PTS; but ... can't remember what I saw, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 16 2020, 06:05 PM
Post #375

Mouth
Group Icon

I've come to be really disappointed with the maximum number of furnishings available for the Hall of the Lunar Champion. After creating a mini-library and throwing some achievement furnishings in (which I was hoping counted as "special collectibles"), I've only got about 150 regular furnishing slots left. I don't even have chairs or cups, the third expansion to the hall that is the garden, or the deck (besides the flooring) that I wanted to set up at the Halls of Colossus. I can think of some things that I can remove or move around, but even then, a home of that size should really have more furnishing slots available. I've already had to change up plans that I had for the place, and it's pretty much guaranteed that I will have to do it again.

What makes it more annoying is the loads I spent on achievement furnishings, and I think most achievement furnishings in general are ridiculous prices. After I hit 1,000,000 gold, I decided I would splurge on them. 600,000+ gold later and I've come to disappointment with this place. I suppose I can still make do, but the Halls of Colossus portion of the house is so large that 700 regular furnishing slots for the entire home seems rather paltry. A lot of empty space over there. And I still wanted to add a few more things to the Lion's Cradle portion. My mini-library really took up a lot of slots. I bought what I think are all the guild reprints available. I had to make 10 or 12 Elsweyr Bookshelves to hold all of the books, and each one of them is a furnishing. That was probably the biggest hit to the furnishing limit.

Quite a bit frustrating. I'll have to see what I can make out of these now apparent limitations. I guess I need to plan better.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Mar 16 2020, 06:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 16 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #376

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Mar 16 2020, 01:05 PM) *

I've come to be really disappointed with the maximum number of furnishings available for the Hall of the Lunar Champion. After creating a mini-library and throwing some achievement furnishings in (which I was hoping counted as "special collectibles"), I've only got about 150 regular furnishing slots left. I don't even have chairs or cups, the third expansion to the hall that is the garden, or the deck (besides the flooring) that I wanted to set up at the Halls of Colossus. I can think of some things that I can remove or move around, but even then, a home of that size should really have more furnishing slots available. I've already had to change up plans that I had for the place, and it's pretty much guaranteed that I will have to do it again.

What makes it more annoying is the loads I spent on achievement furnishings, and I think most achievement furnishings in general are ridiculous prices. After I hit 1,000,000 gold, I decided I would splurge on them. 600,000+ gold later and I've come to disappointment with this place. I suppose I can still make do, but the Halls of Colossus portion of the house is so large that 700 regular furnishing slots for the entire home seems rather paltry. A lot of empty space over there. And I still wanted to add a few more things to the Lion's Cradle portion. My mini-library really took up a lot of slots. I bought what I think are all the guild reprints available. I had to make 10 or 12 Elsweyr Bookshelves to hold all of the books, and each one of them is a furnishing. That was probably the biggest hit to the furnishing limit.

Quite a bit frustrating. I'll have to see what I can make out of these now apparent limitations. I guess I need to plan better.

You can put your Undaunted trophies and busts in there without it costing slots; just to keep it from looking all empty.

But yeah; all these huge mansions only have 700 slots; and the bigger the place = the more empty one half of it will look. (you can either lavish on the exterior or interior; but one is going to be shorted if you spend a decent amount of slots in the other) = with the exception of Haute's Princely Mansion in Hews Bane! I don't know how she did it; but she has really lavished on the outside; but her inside does not look bare at all!

Try Hunding House = that huge island and mansion only has 600 slots!

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 16 2020, 09:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 21 2020, 06:24 AM
Post #377

Mouth
Group Icon

Thinking I have my eye on Gardner House now. Spacious but not overwhelming. And it looks like it's got the right mix of outside and inside for me. Between Cincy and Evelona, I have or just about have enough money to buy it, but I don't want to do that just yet.

The more I think about the Hall of the Lunar Champion, the more I am becoming dissatisfied with it. There is just too much room and I can't do all I want to do. But I've come this far, so I might as well finish it. Still got to get that third tablet for the final room through doing Lair of Maarselok and Moongrave Fane. Maybe then I'll figure out what I want to do.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 21 2020, 07:19 PM
Post #378

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Mar 21 2020, 01:24 AM) *

Thinking I have my eye on Gardner House now. Spacious but not overwhelming. And it looks like it's got the right mix of outside and inside for me. Between Cincy and Evelona, I have or just about have enough money to buy it, but I don't want to do that just yet.

The more I think about the Hall of the Lunar Champion, the more I am becoming dissatisfied with it. There is just too much room and I can't do all I want to do. But I've come this far, so I might as well finish it. Still got to get that third tablet for the final room through doing Lair of Maarselok and Moongrave Fane. Maybe then I'll figure out what I want to do.

Didn't we get one of those a couple months ago with my friend Aussie?

* Gardner House is one I want too; but ... boy is it high cost!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 21 2020, 11:36 PM
Post #379

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 21 2020, 02:19 PM) *

Nope, you're thinking of Moon Hunter Keep. It's easy to get it mixed up with Moongrave Fane based on the name.

And indeed, it is one of the few places I'd consider buying for around that much money.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 22 2020, 12:36 AM
Post #380

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Mar 21 2020, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 21 2020, 02:19 PM) *

Nope, you're thinking of Moon Hunter Keep. It's easy to get it mixed up with Moongrave Fane based on the name.

And indeed, it is one of the few places I'd consider buying for around that much money.

Oh, ok. I wonder why they named them so similarly? I know I've done the two you need to do to get the Lunar Champion "Wing," but the only thing I remember about them was that in one you absolutely need a good Tank and the Tank needs to resurrect the whole Team repeatedly at one of the bosses (and don't remember which of the two dungeons that was).

In that same dungeon though = there was numerous adds at one boss fight (prior to the one above) where the adds were floating inside globes that shielded them from damage = you obviously have to pop the globes to kill them; but none of us were able to figure out HOW to pop the globes. BoDawg was able to do it; but coudln't figure out how he was doing it. Even Sereph1 couldn't figure it out, and he is the one I normally rely on to figure out mechanics in the new dungeons.

On Gardner house = Same here. I want it despite how much it costs; and that is saying A LOT, lol. Aussie owns it, and I use the add-on "Port to Friends Homes" to pop over to her house when I want to go to Wayrest without finding a wayshrine first.

I used to think it was inconveniently located in Wayrest till I discovered you can just jump into that river and swim right over to the wayshrine/guild traders/Undaunted Enclave or go to the Wayrest Sewers. It really is convenient if you swim away from it instead of trying to navigate the roads, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:06 AM