3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another Hearthfires Mod, with added Dremora
ghastley
post Feb 16 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

I noticed one minor thing I need to fix. You don't get "well rested" from sleeping in the bed. Maybe because it's logically outdoors?

I found a few discussions that implied that the (interior) location needs a keyword as well. That might not be applicable to an exterior situation. I'm not even sure how (if?) "location" works in the wilderness.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 16 2016, 05:48 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 16 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Junia got her (first, lol) tower up, and it looks AWESOME! What a view! She picked the male Housecarl, and I have a save from before that so she can check out the ladies too. I have squeaked out my last second of time this morning and wanted to give you a quick report. I will take the Housecarl out for an adventure next and go over the tower with fresh eyes probably tomorrow. In the meantime, here’s how the guy Housecarl looks in Junia’s game. She has Immersive Armors installed, if that makes any difference.

And here’s a shot of Junia and Lydia enjoying the view. Faendal is lurking around the lower floor somewhere. It took all of them to battle their way to the top of the hill. Getting there is quite an adventure! You picked an absolutely stunning location!

For the resting keywords, all I know is that you need them, sorry. I think the bed needs one as well. I don’t remember how Campfire handles the well-rested or spouse benefit on the bedrolls. I can check in Jensa’s game. She is never far from her spouse.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 16 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

What level is she at? I've had invisible body syndrome with some of the female robes, and it's usually the mesh Partitions not being switched from BP_TORSO to SBP_BODY after the export from blender. Since the body armor levels with the caster, her level will tell me which mesh is bad.

Or it might be the _0 meshes are missing. I remember that the TES5edit script to extract the files sometimes forgets them.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 16 2016, 06:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 16 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

She is level 9. Thank you for this, ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 16 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 16 2016, 12:40 PM) *

... It took all of them to battle their way to the top of the hill. Getting there is quite an adventure! You picked an absolutely stunning location!

It was interesting to discover that the Hagravens at Bard's Leap Summit don't notice you're there if you just cross the bridge at the top. The other one in Cradle Stone Tower remains inside it, and the only problem with her is that you can't use the corundum vein until she's dead.

I'd like to add another weapon rack, probably the wall kind. My thoughts are that Dremora would go for that over trophies, so there aren't any mounted heads, and there's quite a bit of blank wall. Also there aren't any sacks, which would get added when you build other things. Next version should have some more clutter.

Edit: I can confirm it's the missing _0 meshes. Sometimes the script works, sometimes it doesn't. Whenever I don't check, it hasn't.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 17 2016, 12:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 17 2016, 02:31 AM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

Added missing meshes, fixed a couple of minor things, and added more clutter.

Version 0.2

There's a weapon plaque you can build, but it won't be available unless you start a new game. The extra clutter should just appear if you made the parent items, so don't restart unless you're desperate for a weapon plaque. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 17 2016, 02:33 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 17 2016, 03:15 AM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha, I think I can live without the plaque for now! laugh.gif I'll just have to remember when I say "I think this spot could use a weapon plaque" that it probably already has one! tongue.gif

Added: We have sweet rolls!! biggrin.gif The armor looks great, now they just need their facegen data (in the next package, please don't make 0.3 just for that). Is Sexy lady different from Dutiful lady in appearance? They're both in awesome short skirts and cropped tops for Junia, and they're all three carrying maces which I think is what the archer correctly gets. (Junia is an archer.) It is getting dark in the tower, but Junia will take her Housecarl out to play in the morning. She's keeping the guy. Wow. Looking forward to daylight! biggrin.gif

Thank you for this, ghastley! I love the faces you gave the Housecarls. They look appropriately badass but also appealing.

This post has been edited by Grits: Feb 17 2016, 03:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 17 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

I keep thinking the TES5edit script will be as comprehensive as TES4files used to be for Oblivion. With that, I'd normally have to delete a lot of things that would already be there. The Skyrim method leaves required things behind.

Of course, the Khajiit, Argonian and Orc mods didn't have any NPC's, so that wasn't an issue with those.

Let me know where you think the invisible plaque is. I might even add more, as I suspect Dremora would be fond of weapons.

The "sexy" housecarl's skirt should be a bit shorter, and her top a bit looser than the regular one. There are pictures on the second page of the doc (link on the first or here.). Once she has armour, her top is ventilated, and the full armour is also not quite full. That page also details equipment. I'll be adding a few more screen-shots of the the outfits when I find time. If you notice anyone in the wrong outfit, let me know. I did have a couple of instances of that, but I thought I fixed them all.

I'm currently playing three games, with Archer, Fighter and Mage housecarls, and each player has all three spells, so I can take pictures whenever they level up. I'm reluctant to use the console for that, as it's too easy to forget doing so.

One other thing that needs some of my attention is the combat style or class for the Melee housecarl. I intended them to use a levelled shock spell as well as the mace, more like the Oblivion ones did, but they seem reluctant to do so. The levelled list may be giving them the wrong hand spell, or something in the combat style makes them always choose to run in with the mace.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 17 2016, 07:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 20 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Aha, yeah I’m sure I just missed the difference in the near-dark. Also I was possibly still dazzled by the male Housecarl’s bare chest. tongue.gif

NPC Jerric sometimes runs in with his sword and sometimes uses his frost spells first. I think I adjusted a slider in his combat style that gave him a higher chance to use spells. I found that as the player leveled up and NPC Jerric got more magicka he would never use his sword, so I had to knock his magicka down a little. Maybe increasing the Housecarls’ magicka will get them to use their spells?

Also I read somewhere that giving them an assigned-hand spell works better than giving them the general spell. I don’t know if that’s true, but I always give the assigned-hand spell just in case.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 20 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

Version 0.3 has the face gen data, and the bed now gives the Well Rested bonus (even though it doesn't say that).

You can get the Lover's Comfort bonus if you find the easter egg.

The housecarls do have the left hand spells, so they should be able to use them. Magic was not boosted for the melee versions, so it might just be "not enough", especially without any cost perks. I'll fiddle with their stats a bit for a later version. They work well enough now, and the use of the shock spell is just to make them more like the Oblivion ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 21 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you for 0-3! I’m starting over from before I installed it the first time to check everything out properly, but first I’ll tag here as a good potential weapon plaque location. biggrin.gif I thought also over the table, but I wasn’t sure if you’d have to step on things to get the weapons up there. I would not mind stepping on things. I agree that shields and weapons from more intelligent enemies than animals would make better trophies for Dremora than animal heads.

Ooo, Easter egg hunt! Fun! smile.gif

Edit: forgot screenshot. D'oh!

This post has been edited by Grits: Feb 21 2016, 07:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 21 2016, 10:22 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

Already found a couple of things to fix: The male eyes aren't glowing, and the letter from the Kyn has a book icon. There will be more, I'm sure.

I agree with the place for another plaque. Might even try and put two there.

Edit: Placing one Coat of Arms style and one single-weapon style works without interference. So you get three weapons and one shield and maybe room for a single rack next to the tanning rack. I'm also looking at the space inside the door one floor up. Between the door and the bookshelf, you could have a rack, and a plaque before the stairs. The top floor is mostly open, and steel weapons might rust ...

Edit: Version 0.4 has the bsa fixed, and new weapon racks, etc.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 23 2016, 04:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 23 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

Got 0.4 and will update tomorrow. Thank you, ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 24 2016, 08:34 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

Note to self: Update the documentation for the new stuff that can be built. And update the number of logs provided for free, just in case the player has to go shopping for one more log!

Log purchase adds a lot of scripting requirements, so I want to avoid it. If you build any other Hearthfire homes, including mine, that's done in those quests, and the log pile is shared. However, you can't buy logs until you start building, so there would be a problem if this one is first.

When I tested the building process I bypassed the whole quest, and just console-added more logs whenever the character ran out, so I need to update the part of the quest where you get them, and make sure it's enough. Ultimately, I'd like it to be exactly enough, so the log pile is gone when you finish, and doesn't spoil the view. That can wait until general release.

0.4 didn't change that, so you may run out (or I may have been over-generous with the guesswork in 0.2 and you'll be OK)

Edit: After updating the documentation, and counting up the requirements, it looks like you need 58 logs, and I provide 60. Whew!!

Further edit: I ran another character through without console help, and forgot to review the models shown during the build. I believe the door was correctly oriented, but I'd intended to check which models were being used for the wardrobes etc. I think some of them could be switched for other BYOH statics without making new ones. I did notice that the log pile is incorrectly showing 0 logs when it should be 2 at the end. For that matter, when there are no logs, there should be no pile, and I have had it disable when that was truly the case. I made no change to that, so I'm not sure why it's glitched this time.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 25 2016, 05:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 26 2016, 09:17 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Junia’s log pile shows 0 too, and she didn’t run out. Sixty was an excellent estimate! I only updated with 0.4, but I will do-over from scratch when I get a chance so I can see the new weapon racks. She and her Dremora Housecarl have been running around causing trouble to see if he’ll cast some sparks. So far no, but they haven’t met anything he couldn’t just charge up to and clobber with his mace.

I did a 32 day storage check and found that the sacks are safe and the barrels respawn, just checking that’s what’s intended. Take a peek at the barrel that’s next to the fish barrel. It looks like it’s clipping just a little with a support post.

I get a CTD now when I try to summon either female Dremora, but bear in mind I’m on a fragile laptop so it might be my limitation. There are some armors that I can’t use because they are too big for my laptop. Also this is not a from-scratch 0.4 yet if that makes a difference. Loyal looks great, all textures in place. His eyes are purple, but I’m not sure if they're glowing.

Junia had no problem stashing all of her stuff in the storage without even using the sacks yet. This is the best location for Become Ethereal! Climb up, shortcut down. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 26 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 26 2016, 03:17 PM) *

His eyes are purple, but I’m not sure if they're glowing.

They'd be bright red if they were working properly. Even though the base texture is the darker version of the Dunmer eyes, the glows make them lighter then the other shade. This may not fixed until you re-cast him.

Edit: I spent much of the weekend making interface models for the furniture to match what you get. The crafting table took much more time than I'd intended.

Then Heidi was rolled to try it, and she's taken over. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 29 2016, 10:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 1 2016, 10:09 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha, I wonder if Heidi is going to want something different! Is she bringing a Daedric Housecarl along on her adventures, or has she just taken off in a completely non-Dremora tower direction?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 1 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

Heidi has a male Dremora mage in tow. Since he's wrapped in a robe, unlike the low-level fighters, he's not distracting her. She may be distracting him, however.

We've mostly built Lakeview as well as the Tower, as HF helps with Smithing, and she was eager to get some Steel Plate just like great-....-great-grandma used to almost wear. That and her steel great-sword will just get smithed up to Awesome, and probably enchanted, rather than swapped for anything else.

I usually add Fortify Carry Weight on boots, Fortify (weapon of choice skill) on gauntlets, and the rest varies. The sword is due to have Fiery Soul Trap as soon as she gets enough skill to do Arcane Smithing. We haven't put any crafting stations except the Smelter and Tanning Rack for the building work at Lakeview. So she'll go back to the Tower for all enchanting, alchemy and smithing work, even though there's an anvil at Lakeview.

She needs a helmet or substitute to get the well-fitted/matching set perks, an I'm not sure if I'll give her a Bear Rider circlet, or some new Heidi-only headgear. It won't become part of DremoraHF, whatever I do.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 2 2016, 12:03 AM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

I love a tall blonde in steel. smile.gif I once made an armored Silver and Moonstone Circlet for Jensa who didn’t like her hair flattened. Does Heidi have blue eyes? (Has anyone ever looked all the way up at her eyes?)

The tower would make a great workshop for a mage who doesn’t want their occasional weird project to alarm their friends. Darnand is going to want one for his black soul gem and skull collection.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 2 2016, 03:25 AM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

In that case, better have Version 0.5 which has the log count fixed, and the new interface models. The Female Dremora may have a line or two of dialog if I did it right.

Since Heidi's selected the male, I haven't heard any female voice yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:04 AM