Rane
post May 23 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #42

Lurker
Group Icon

And it's not over yet either.

http://gamesmainframe.com/?view=article&ar...afb93bb29560fae

Some interesting quotes:

[quote]Oblivion starts gamers off by reintroducing them to the timeless customization system, which will choose how your player looks throughout the game. Now, you can play in a third-person mode or first-person in Oblivion, socustomization matters much more when you think you'll be playing primarily in third-person. You’ll be able to customize your players’ age, height, weight, facial features, hair, and scars as you see fit, forming one of billions of different appearances (480 billion to be exact)[/quote]

[quote]And yes, you did read ‘stealth’. Oblivion will feature the alternative to the regular hack ‘n slash approach by letting gamers sneak up on enemies will in certain missions. An eye-shaped meter will rise on the corner of your screen during a stealth mission, and will rise when enemies hear you, and it will be filled when they see you. Luckily, the shadows can act as your best friend in stealth situations, and while hiding in a dark corner, you may choose to use your only stealth weapon on an enemy: the bow and arrow. [/quote]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 23 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #43

Unregistered

Stealth will be the way i play first. I always liked games like thief where youdidn't have to kill everyone to win a level.
+Quote Post
Epy
post May 29 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #44

Quotinator
Group Icon

[quote=Alexander @ Announcement]well the time has finally come, this is it, as promised we have two new interviews for you all.

first off, of course this has been brought to you by Waiting4Oblivion and the Summit as a joint venture.

what you're going to see is first a bit of footage about the E3, then an interview with producer Gavin Carter, also known as Kathode on the forums.
after that a bit more footage of the E3, also some showing of what the booth of Bethesda looked like at the E3. then we go up again and have an interview with Ashley Cheng, the Senior Producer of the game Oblivion.

the interviews are conducted by me, so that's me you see there on the video as well, hope it doesn't ruin my image wink.gif

the taping of the video was done by Stargelman. so you won't be seeing him smile.gif

as you might have heard the sound quality is not that good, some background noise and such, but we've put in some work and now have the entire interviews subtitled. making it possible for everyone to both read and listen. on a smaller note, due to the limited space for subs we've at times had to abbreviate things, but don't worry everything that's important is there in the subs as well.

and yes we will also be uploading the written versions of the interview but those not untill lateron, mostly due to the fact that they still need some work.

well without further delay, you can find the video file here:
E3 Coverage

again the main page of our site is:
http://www.waiting4oblivion.com
our forums:
http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com
and the summit:
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind[/quote]
The big day, that time and the grand finale. Get your speed up and/or your sleeping bags ready; the truth is out there.
Let's hear your impressions and the eager anticipation while getting there! biggrin.gif
(keep it better than your current ETA or download speed, though, it's a great interview so let's get crackin')
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 29 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #45

Unregistered

[quote]We can make fun of alex's hair[/quote]

If we even see him in the video... Plus we'll get to hear his accent when he gets to talk. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Alexander
post May 29 2005, 11:16 PM
Post #46

Wizard
Group Icon

[quote=jonajosa]

If we even see him in the video... Plus we'll get to hear his accent when he gets to talk. biggrin.gif[/quote]

don't worry, I'm very dominantly present in the video,

and yes my accent, erhm, oh look a turtle tongue.gif
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 29 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

Alright I just finished downloading and I noticed some europian with really funny ha-- er.. I noticed the handsome alexander in the video,

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
minque
post May 29 2005, 11:35 PM
Post #48

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=Alexander][quote=jonajosa]

If we even see him in the video... Plus we'll get to hear his accent when he gets to talk. biggrin.gif[/quote]

don't worry, I'm very dominantly present in the video,

and yes my accent, erhm, oh look a turtle tongue.gif[/quote]

Ahhhh Alex.....you look great..and the accent is really not noticeable, besides dutchies do speak a very good english, I can tell because i speak without accent at all.......(ohhh, boasting are we? :embarrassed: :embarrassed2: :paperbag: )

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Epy
post May 30 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #49

Quotinator
Group Icon

Let's ease on over to discussing the actual Oblivion-related content of the video and such, then. (best hair ever)

I'm currently working on processing the images and words of traps and interactivity. That skeleton stumbling - yes, stumbling - from the spike trap comes to mind (better view of the stumbling can be seen in the raw footage). With rolling logs, falling down pits and spikes coming out of the wall and such, this is starting to feel really good.
The way you can use these against monsters and lure them into the traps (or catch them by surprise), as well as the player having his leg pulled like such as well, adds a whole new level of possibilities for ways to really play and create exciting adventures. So many customizable aspects of the traps and how/what they trigger, as well as the effects (a custom shader-effect on a custom fireball etc. would be fun, even though they're not doing quite the extravaganza of magic traps it seems).

Ok, back to watching. :paperbag:

How 'bout everyone else? Let's hear it! (feel free to compliment the interviewer, cameraman (notice the intro, middle-part and outro) and subtitle-elves in between the ramblings of posted info-processing)
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 30 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

Okay fine. Let's think here. Oh, new stuff:

Horses will not level up, you have to buy good horses, like in mount&blade

I find that pretty interesting, though I plan to steal a horse once I get good enough, and I wonder if they'll all be in the same stable will the better horses be just as easy to steal as the weaker ones?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 30 2005, 06:23 AM
Post #51

Unregistered

New(sort of) reviews are out about the Oblivion. Check them out.

UGO's review- http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features...de/oblivion.asp

CBS News- http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/20/...ain696763.shtml

MyGamer's review- http://www.mygamer.com/index.php?page=glob...viewnews&id=947

Gamecloud's review- http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=137

Too see Gamespy award go here. Oblivion won RPG of the Show. http://www.gamespy.com/articles/618/618469p22.html

To see the Xbox 360 screenshots go here- http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_xbox..._screens_01.htm

To see the PC screens go here- http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_s..._screens_01.htm

TeamXbox interview- http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1162/T...o-Interview/p1/

Xbox evolved article(3rd one down on page)- http://www.xbox-evolved.com/article.php?artid=2213

Hope you enjoy.
+Quote Post
Konji
post May 30 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #52

Mouth
Group Icon

I didn't know there was a freal earthquale at E3??!!!!(into+outro)

Is it just me or were most question answered by: HAHAHAHAHAHA no...

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sinder Velvin
post May 31 2005, 04:09 AM
Post #53

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=Konradude]I didn't know there was a freal earthquale at E3??!!!!(into+outro)

Is it just me or were most question answered by: HAHAHAHAHAHA no...[/quote]

Hahahahahaha. No.
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 31 2005, 05:33 AM
Post #54

Unregistered

[quote=Sinder Velvin]
Hahahahahaha. No.[/quote]

Hahahahahaha.
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 31 2005, 05:59 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Hehehe...?

Ahh awsome interveiw, we got some stars here :goodjob: © JonaJonsa GoodJob Man

So he said something about fewer quests right? How does that work? Are they longer or whatnot?

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Konji
post May 31 2005, 07:50 AM
Post #56

Mouth
Group Icon

They are more involving than going from point A to point B. They will have characters coming in all the time and will be more interesting to play out.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 31 2005, 07:57 AM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

Right all quests will be longer and more adventurous instead of jsut playing errand man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 31 2005, 07:59 AM
Post #58

Unregistered

In other words- "We made your errand boy quests longer and more in depth by making you pick up more items and deliver them to scattered places across Cyrodiil."
+Quote Post
Konji
post May 31 2005, 08:06 AM
Post #59

Mouth
Group Icon

lol, thats just what you hope for Jona. In the arena set of quests I can imagine the differances.

"Fight a dunmer! With short blade and medium armour!"
"fight a Nord! With a big axe!"
"Fight a Bosmer! With a longbow!"
Fight an Altmer and a Khajit!
Fight a mutant rat!

etc...

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 31 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #60

Mouth
Group Icon

To add to the 'quest' discussion: I was happy when they mentioned (in the new interview video) the reason why they cut down on the amount of Guilds: to provide more personality to the characters and add more to the Guilds' storylines. I really am hoping the quest givers are truly interesting and that there is a variety of them. smile.gif

And the quests better be more...interesting!

And the quests better have much more worthy rewards in Oblivion! tongue.gif If there's one thing I hated in Morrowind, it's that sometimes when I finish a difficult quest/task, some NPC's give no reward! :confused:

EDIT: Thank you, guys, for the awesome interview! Um, I assume the guy in the video was Alexander, right? Well, whoever you are, :goodjob:!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 09:20 AM