Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

146 Pages V « < 119 120 121 122 123 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
Lopov
post Aug 5 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #2401

Master
Group Icon

It can only be a Renee mod when a scribe is called Scrabble. laugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 5 2018, 10:14 PM
Post #2402

Ancient
Group Icon

Scribble helped Cho break into Lyon's gold pile! Now he's richer than Croesus! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 10 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #2403

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Played some again today after a few weeks not.

Ran around mid-map with Gunny who got killed twice. Thankfully I can repair him biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 12 2018, 06:50 PM
Post #2404

Councilor
Group Icon

10:24:81, 14:21: Welcome to Level 2, Karen Aboucha! She gained this level after killing three geckos in a row, using her energy pistol and cleaver. I gave her the Swift Learner perk.

She's still moseying around Goodsprings. Can't find a [censored] broc flower for Sunny anywhere , Never mind, she just found one. Phew. She's began wearing a typical wasteland settler outfit, she felt silly wearing the tutorial armor the game starts us with.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 12 2018, 06:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 12 2018, 07:25 PM
Post #2405

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 12 2018, 12:50 PM) *

10:24:81, 14:21: Welcome to Level 2, Karen Aboucha! She gained this level after killing three geckos in a row, using her energy pistol and cleaver. I gave her the Swift Learner perk.

She's still moseying around Goodsprings. Can't find a [censored] broc flower for Sunny anywhere , Never mind, she just found one. Phew. She's began wearing a typical wasteland settler outfit, she felt silly wearing the tutorial armor the game starts us with.

Best place for Broc flowers are on that hill, east of town with all the coyotes. Remember for your crafting purposes.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 12 2018, 07:26 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 12 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #2406

Ancient
Group Icon

I mainly just remember to look around the old school house. But you have to look after you start the quest Sunny gives you to find them. Because they only spawn after the quest starts.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 12 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #2407

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 12 2018, 07:50 PM) *
She's began wearing a typical wasteland settler outfit, she felt silly wearing the tutorial armor the game starts us with.

Not to mention it belonged to late Doc's wife in case you missed it. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 13 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #2408

Councilor
Group Icon

Now that she's found a broc flower, I'll start seeing them everywhere I bet. panic.gif Thanks for all advice.

I did some gaming with Cho yesterday, but wound up hitting a snag with a quest I wrote. Meanwhile, it wasn't really a snag at all, I simply forgot where I put this one door! ... Meanwhile, once I found the door I put in, I started facepalming because it was like I spoiled my own surprise. mad.gif But that just goes to show ya, I must be getting good at making quests if I can't even find my own material without cheating!

Cho will make it up to Olney Paperworks one of these days.... I know it seems like it's taking forever. That's because it is taking forever.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 14 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #2409

Master
Group Icon

Careful in Old Olney, I heard that dangerous creatures live there...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 26 2018, 04:31 PM
Post #2410

Councilor
Group Icon

Well it is Friday, 10.26.81 in Karen Aboucha's gameworld, and she's currently about to sleep in Victor's Shack. In fact, she's going to start using his shack as a sort of base-of-operations, storing stuff she finds, etc., since the robot apparently never goes inside. laugh.gif Everything in there is tagged as player-friendly too, so no stealing can go on. Since she is supposed to be a nurse, Karen needs a place to store any ingredients she finds, and has no use for yet.

6 hours later: She's headed toward Primm now that night has fallen. She trades the Sexy Sleepwear she slept in (try saying that several times in a row quickly...) for her customary Wasteland Settlers Outfit, and decides to head toward Primm. Everyone keeps telling her to go to Primm. Karen seems to be more of a night-traveler. It's cool at night, and also easier to hide. emot-ninja1.gif She fines a Weapon Repair Kit and uses it to fix her badly-battered energy pistol, then she is on her way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 26 2018, 04:38 PM
Post #2411

Master
Group Icon

A smart move to use Victor's shack, several of my characters used it for early housing. And you're right, the cowboy robot never gets inside.

I'm happy you play New Vegas for the 1st time but I'm also slightly jealous because just reading about it reminds me of my first experience with the game and how just like Karen, my first character Dyvanche struggled early on, trading useless outfit for another useless outfit and keeping an ever-watchful eye on his gun's condition, hoping it doesn't break in a middle of some fight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 26 2018, 04:41 PM
Post #2412

Ancient
Group Icon

A lot of Khajiit’s NV characters would use the school house early on for storage.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 26 2018, 04:42 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 26 2018, 06:24 PM
Post #2413

Ancient
Group Icon

I created Goodsprings Small Player Home for a nice little lore-friendly home in the early game. It uses one of the boarded up houses in Goodsprings and adds an interior.

Novac Player Bungalow adds a similar lore-friendly home to the motel in Novac.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 26 2018, 10:04 PM
Post #2414

Councilor
Group Icon

SubRosa When I start playing New Vegas on PC, remind me of those two if I start asking for some early-game housing.

Now I am gaming with Cho. He is in an abandoned hospital added by Another Interior Mod, one of my favorites so far. Place is full of ferals. He leveled up to 18, and I chose the Life Giver perk for him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 29 2018, 11:03 AM
Post #2415

Master
Group Icon

I can't think of a better place than a hospital to get the Life Giver perk.

SubRosa's Novac bungalow is great, I've used it in some of my games, it's neatly furnished and looks like it could be an actual bungalow, while most other mods on the Nexus turn it into an unrealistic place with emphasis on storage and high-tech amenities.

---

As a part of the New Vegas Bounties II mod, Blondie pursued the child killer known as Uncle Chuckles that's been masquerading as a clown and kidnapping children from Fresside. The local Freeside hobo Tommy Rags directed Blondie to a ranch house north of the town and upon entering, Blondie was immediately spotted via Chuckles' camera and he started taunting her with an insane, child-imitating voice to enter the big room at the end of the house, where the big prize awaits.

Having no other choice, Blondie was carefully walking towards the last room, horrified at how the entire house was furnished with toys and clothes of the little ones. As she had stepped into the last room, noxious gas was released and she fell unconscious.

She woke up sometime later in a cell in some cave, presumably below the ranch house. She was wearing absolutely nothing, not to mention that all of her other belongings were gone as well. Uncle Chuckles greeted her via speakers and invited her to play the game in Chuckle's Labyrinth of Laughter, after his speech he remotely opened the door of her cell. The first riddle awaited Blondie in the next chamber where several items, around twenty, were placed on a table and there was a note pinned with a knife (which she took) on the table, saying "What's put on the table, cut, but never eaten?" By picking up a wrong object she'd get shocked by electricity. If anyone wants to play the game, objects on the table were

- a milk bottle and a beer bottle
- a baby rattle
- an apple
- packed food (InstaMash, Fancy Cakes)
- a dinosaur toy
- a hula girl
- a vacuum tube
- a deck of cards
- a fork, a knife and a little spoon
- a dinner plate
- a bucket
- a brick
- a leather belt
- a bag of flour
- poker chips
- pool balls.

The correct answer was:

By picking up the correct object, there was a key underneath, that unlocked the door from the chamber, leading to the second chamber, where a new riddle awaited. It was about three gnomes: - one is loyal and speaks the truth, one is a hapless knave and lies but doesn't know that he's lying, and one is a spy.

Blondie's task was to find out which one is the spy and destroy it with a shotgun that was placed next to the gnome, by shooting the wrong gnome the entire chamber would explode. Each gnome had a note on its body:

Gnome 1 said:"The third gnome is a hapless knave."
Gnome 2 said:"The first gnome is loyal and speaks the truth."
Gnome 3 said:"I am the spy."

The spy was:

By shooting the spy, Chuckles would again remotely open the door of the chamber and Blondie moved onward but she took the shotgun with her. The third chamber had three doors and there was a note, saying:"The left door leads to a swarm of cazadors, the middle one to a throng of feral ghouls and the right one to a pack of deathclaws that haven't been fed for six months. Only one door leads out, the other two lead to death."

The correct door to choose was:

The hall led to the ranch house basement where Blondie finally met the psychopath known as Uncle Chuckles, wearing a clown's mask and wielding a knife. Via speech checks it was possible to convince Chuckles to surrender peacefully but Blondie didn't want to see such a criminal to get out of this alive. So she attacked but here came troubles because though Blondie excels at melee and attacked him with a knife she had found earlier in the cave, Chuckles had insanely high damage threshold against melee attacks. So the other option was the shotgun but Blondie isn't good with guns, she relies on energy weapons. Fortunately Chuckles would run back to the basement if Blondie ran too far back in the cave so that's what she kept doing: luring him to the cave and shooting him, then retreating so he'd run back and repeating the process. By the time she spent ten precious bullets, Chuckles was almost dead and then she finished him off with a knife. Taking a key from his body she retrieved her gear, cut off Chuckles' finger as a proof of his death, then used a super sledge to turn Chuckles into a blood pile.

Children of Freeside were safe at last.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Aug 29 2018, 11:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 29 2018, 01:07 PM
Post #2416

Councilor
Group Icon

I'd guess a deck of cards for the first riddle. COOL I got that one *DING!*

Got the second one wrong. Cave would blow up. sad.gif

Oh my gosh, that final battle sounds like an ordeal! I can't wait to see this Uncle Chuckles guy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 29 2018, 01:16 PM
Post #2417

Master
Group Icon

For me the 1st one was the most difficult because English isn't my main language and when I read the word "cut", I thought of a cutting process, like cutting something with a knife. I'll post some pics of Uncle Chuckles in the screenies thread later today or tomorrow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 29 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #2418

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, when we cut cards, this means we "cut" them into two halves, usually before shuffling them.

So, I did some gaming with Cho's C-team last night, and my gosh what a lot of fun! smile.gif I am happy to report that I had to force myself to go to bed, because I was having so much fun pwning toons. laugh.gif That Enclave camp located just east of Megaton for instance? They gave Cho lots of grief last time he rolled through (especially with their long-distance flamethrower) yet they lasted maybe 20 seconds once the C-team showed up.

The C-team includes a missile-launcher guy, a guy with a flamethrower (energy rifle for long-distance stuff), and a rifleman, who carries a modified assault rifle. These three wear power armor, while Cho prefers a lighter set of combat armor, mod-added, I think. I tried to take pictures (because that is what WE want) but it's really hard for me, so all I got were some lame shots with no action. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 29 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #2419

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov: That is a really creepy mod. But what if you are wearing a gas mask or rebreather?

Renee: U R T00 H8XX0r! pwn those toons! Have you come across any Enclave camps with tamed Deathclaws? You can free the Deathclaws by shooting out the mind control devices on their heads. Then they do what Deathclaws do best. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 29 2018, 10:20 PM
Post #2420

Master
Group Icon

The event is probably scripted, the same scene plays out as in the Abandoned BoS bunker when you approach the trigger point to start Dead Money and you're knocked unconscious, regardless if you're wearing something that should protect you from gases.

Renee, is the C-Team mod added or vanilla? It's been ages since I did Broken Steel...

--------------------
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 119 120 121 122 123 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:29 PM