Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unnamed Short Story
redsrock
post May 31 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

This is just a little somethin-somethin I wrote in like the past fifteen minutes. It's not much, just something to get me going on "Mancia" (my created world). obviously it's very short, but I hope you enjoy it all the same! smile.gif

If you have any questions about anything, please ask them and I will happily answer them.

The two young Doman soldiers were sitting alone next to a looming tree, on the eastern shores of a small beautiful lake, their vigorously polished leather scout-vests shining brightly under the sun's many rays. They were resting on the job when they were supposed to have been looking for the escaped prisoner, a feisty Tijion spy of the Tagroth province. The men were soldiers of the Haven army, the center province of the world of Mancia. The escaped prisoner they were looking for had been arrested for espionage two days earlier, but had later escaped the same night he was captured, the two have been trailing the escapee ever since.

"Where do ya' think the damn cat is, Oswald? We've been searching for two days now. He must be toying with us or something, or else he'd be all the way back to Tagroth by now. I'd say that would be the case if we didn't seem the big cat staring at us this morning.

"Hell if I know, but I'll tell you one thing; we'll sure smell him if he gets too close! We all know those beasts smell awful!"

The two began laughing like crazy men, when no more than thirty yards away at their unprotected backs was their actual target at the edge of the forest, having a few laughs himself. The Tijion, being a mix of tiger and man, are widely known for their keen sense of hearing and smell, and also for their cat-like grace, for obvious reasons of course. The laughing soldiers were extremely ignorant, and would soon pay for that massive flaw.

Laugh now, Domen, but in a matter of minutes you'll be doing it in my stomach... The Tijion, whose name was Faax, said to himself. The only reason Faax had been captured in the first place was because that was part of the plan. He only wanted to see the insides of Domenox for himself, and for future reference. The leaders of Tagroth were planning something huge, and Fax's espionage mission was of utmost importance to them.

When Faax had been purposely captured, and was brought into the city, he had quickly noted his surroundings, including the buildings, where the guard barracks and towers were; and also a rough estimate of the amount of troops present, judging by the size of the military barracks. Later that night, when an old Domen watchmen had delivered his dinner, Faax had seized the man by the neck and choked him to death with his human-like hands. Then he had grabbed the keys to the cell, freed himself, and took off out of the city. He was not supposed to have been spotted by anyone while leaving, but unfortunately he was, hence the two men laughing just mere yards away from Faax at the given moment.

And he was also not supposed to have come into contact with anyone else besides the old man, but Faax hadn't eaten in nearly two days and was becoming very hungry. The two Domen soldiers were looking mighty tasty, and would make-do until he returned to his homeland. Just a quick meal and I take my leave Faax whispered out loud, making sure that he himself knew not to waste any more time after eliminating the two soldiers.

Suddenly Fax took off from the edge of the forest, galloping on all fours to gain maximum speed. One of the soldiers, the one to the left of Faax, turned around to see what the noise was, and the only thing he saw was an orange and black blur, along with Faax's maroon ritual skirt, which he adored greatly because of its comfort .

Before the soldier could react Faax had already lunged, and he speared the soldier to the ground. With a swift snap of his jaw filled with razor-sharp teeth, Faax quickly tore a large piece of flesh from the man's throat, and then clamped down even deeper into the man's neck, locking his muscular jaws and killing the man in a few seconds.

At this point the other soldier had unsheathed his silver longsword, and was holding his brown wooden shield, his arms and legs shaking with fear. Faax sensed this with great ease and began walking slowly towards the soldier, on two legs this time. He was much taller than the man, easily a foot or so. The panicked soldier then swung his blade at Faax with all his might, but because Faax had excellent reflexes the Tijion easily caught the man's wrist with his right hand before the sword could make contact. Then, with his overpowering strength, Faax snapped his wrist, and the soldier immediately dropped sword and screamed out in sheer agony.

With one last attempt in the struggle, the soldier swung his shield at Faax, but the Tijion again used his reflexes to grab the mans other wrist, with his right hand once more. Rather than snap like had done the other wrist, Faax instead snapped at the man's neck with his jaw and sinked his large fangs deep into the skin, showing no signs of letting go. Soon the soldier was, dead, leaving Faax to stand and marvel at his work.

Not bad after two days of not eating a single thing, Faax said aloud, no longer having to speak to himself now that the nobody else was present to hear him. He feasted on the bodies until he was full, and then continued on his way back to Tagroth.

--------------------
*Hey everyone, TES Fiction is looking to revamp its very talented group of writers. So, if you love to write (TES or non-TES), come on over! Whether its stories, poems, song lyrics, etc, it doesn't matter!*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redsrock
post May 31 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

Oh god, this still sound WAY too much like TES. What to do, what to do? I think I have an idea, but I need to think about it a little more...

--------------------
*Hey everyone, TES Fiction is looking to revamp its very talented group of writers. So, if you love to write (TES or non-TES), come on over! Whether its stories, poems, song lyrics, etc, it doesn't matter!*
+Quote Post
minque
post May 31 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(redsrock @ May 31 2008, 03:58 PM) *

Oh god, this still sound WAY too much like TES. What to do, what to do? I think I have an idea, but I need to think about it a little more...

Nevermind, TES or no TES, you still know your way with a quill, pen, typewriter or keyboard or whatever you prefer to use! tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
redsrock
post May 31 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Thank you, Minque. smile.gif But the route I was going for was for it NOT to sound like TES. Dang, I tried hard too....oh well, like I said, I have an idea, a good one in my opinion. (See "my created world" for further details. tongue.gif)

Seriously, though, thanks.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2024 - 03:54 AM