Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discussion, Got a new idea, post it here!
argonian master
post Oct 1 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #21

Retainer

i got an idea one of the women at the slippery wench have been kidnapped and you have to free her from a slave barge when you do she goes to your hideout and sleeps with your pirates for 25 septims
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Vulture
post Oct 2 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #22

Evoker

QUOTE(ataylor @ Oct 1 2006, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(dark_soul @ Oct 1 2006, 12:26 PM) *

Would people prefer to hire pirates individually for their hideout? Or hire them as a group (like an upgrade)? Currently they appear when you acquire the allied ships.

I'd prefer to hire them indivdually.

You could add some depth and some character to the ones you hire then, as they wouldn't just appear as a group, but you'd have gone to them to hire them.

I agree, and another thing is that all the pirates of one race look the same as others in his race.

--------------------
check out my forum The Order Of Shorn
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 2 2006, 02:39 AM
Post #23

Evoker

QUOTE(The Vulture @ Oct 2 2006, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(ataylor @ Oct 1 2006, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(dark_soul @ Oct 1 2006, 12:26 PM) *

Would people prefer to hire pirates individually for their hideout? Or hire them as a group (like an upgrade)? Currently they appear when you acquire the allied ships.

I'd prefer to hire them indivdually.

You could add some depth and some character to the ones you hire then, as they wouldn't just appear as a group, but you'd have gone to them to hire them.

I agree, and another thing is that all the pirates of one race look the same as others in his race.

I'll add some more specific pirates. So you want them to work like the cook/smith/shipwright, where you hire them by talking to them individually?

The pirates now look different, originally they had to look the same, as i only had 20 to work with, and the way it was originally structured made working with more than 20 rather difficult. Now there is 160 pirates, and you'll never be able to hire 2 that look the same. Though for example, a full male argonian crew of 8 will contain the same 8 even if they all got killed and you hired them again, but each member of the crew will look different to the others in the crew. Essentially there is now 8 males and 8 females of each race for hire. As opposed to the original 1 male and 1 female of each race as it exists in the beta.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
ataylor
post Oct 2 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #24

Associate

Yes. Job specific NPC's would be nice.

But for the NPC's on the island, perhaps having hundreds of randomized characters isn't going to work as well as a few named and interesting individuals who can do specific things in your hideout. For instance, you could have a shipwright to fix the ship up after a long battle on the ocean. Instead of going through your first mate for everything, perhaps job specific characters would add a little more depth.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 3 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #25

Evoker

QUOTE(ataylor @ Oct 3 2006, 01:41 AM) *

But for the NPC's on the island, perhaps having hundreds of randomized characters isn't going to work as well as a few named and interesting individuals who can do specific things in your hideout. For instance, you could have a shipwright to fix the ship up after a long battle on the ocean. Instead of going through your first mate for everything, perhaps job specific characters would add a little more depth.

There is actually a couple of job specific NPCs you can hire for the hideout, theres a smith, a shipwright, a cook, and jimmy is the quartermaster. I might add a new NPC to manage the brewery, originally it was going to be Jimmy.

If you can think of more job specific NPCs feel free to post them, and we can discuss how to implement them.

All your first mate manages currently is looting. Soon he will also manage the refilling of your ships stores and the payment of your crew. Which leads me to morale and mutinees! I've come up with a system to control the morale of your crew. The morale will be recalculated on a fortnightly basis, you have a running tally ranging from 0-100.

Things that boost morale:
+10 Went looting! (Due to the 3days it takes to go looting, you can only really go looting four times a fortnight, and you only get the bonus once.)
+5 Filled ships grog stores (You can do this once a fortnight through your first mate for 100 gold)
+2 x Number of pirates , For paying your crew this fortnight (Per looting, You can pay your crew once for each looting through your first mate, 10 gold per pirate and 20 for the first mate).
+ Any specific bonuses provided by your first mate.

Things that detract from morale:
-15 for not filling food supply (You can fill the food supply once per fortnight through the first mate for 75 gold)
-10 for not filling grog supply (see above)
-5 per pirate for not paying your crew after looting. (per looting, so if you loot twice you will need to pay them twice)

I've made it so you can handle it manually, such as the stocking of the ship, or you can have the first mate handle it, in which case enough money to keep the crew reasonably happy will be deducted from you directly each fortnight.

Thoughts anyone?

Oh and i've decided on a way to equip your crew. There will be a chest in the mid ship for each pirate of your crew, you activate the chest, swap anything in it, and everything in the chest will go onto the pirate, though sometimes they won't be wearing the equipment straight away they should equip it relatively soon.

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Oct 3 2006, 03:19 PM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Oct 3 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #26

Retainer

A deckhand maybe someone scrubbing down the deck of the ship when its in the hideout. Oh and I had an idea, with just clothes on the pirates dont last very long against some of the other armoured npc's like the imperial navy or the mercenaries so what if you keep the same pirate clothes but put them in the class of light armour so they last a bit longer smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 3 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #27

Evoker

QUOTE(Aventhorn @ Oct 3 2006, 07:25 PM) *

A deckhand maybe someone scrubbing down the deck of the ship when its in the hideout. Oh and I had an idea, with just clothes on the pirates dont last very long against some of the other armoured npc's like the imperial navy or the mercenaries so what if you keep the same pirate clothes but put them in the class of light armour so they last a bit longer smile.gif

If there was an animation for it it could be done, i heard somewhere someone had made an animation for scrubbing, i'll see if i can find it. And I don't want to give them armour, as a full crew of pirates and a first mate gives you 9 pirates plus the player versus 7 enemies. The enemies mercenaries are armoured to make it a little more balanced, and they are random, you might get no mercenaries or you could get 4, making a fight hard or easy

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Oct 3 2006, 12:52 PM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 3 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #28

Agent

QUOTE(dark_soul @ Oct 2 2006, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(ataylor @ Oct 3 2006, 01:41 AM) *

There is actually a couple of job specific NPCs you can hire for the hideout, theres a smith, a shipwright, a cook, and jimmy is the quartermaster. I might add a new NPC to manage the brewery, originally it was going to be Jimmy.

If you can think of more job specific NPCs feel free to post them, and we can discuss how to implement them.

All your first mate manages currently is looting. Soon he will also manage the refilling of your ships stores and the payment of your crew. Which leads me to morale and mutinees! I've come up with a system to control the morale of your crew. The morale will be recalculated on a weekly basis, you have a running tally ranging from 0-100.

Things that boost morale:
+10 Went looting! (Due to the 3days it takes to go looting, you can only really go looting twice a week, and you only get the bonus once.)
+5 Refilled ships grog stores (You can do this once a week through your first mate for 100 gold)
+2 x Number of pirates , For paying your crew this week (You can pay your crew once for each looting through your first mate, 10 gold per pirate and 20 for the first mate).
+ Any specific bonuses provided by your first mate.

Things that detract from morale:
-15 for not filling food supply (You can fill the food supply once per week through the first mate for 75 gold)
-15 for not filling grog supply (see above)
-5 per pirate for not paying your crew after looting. (per looting, so if you loot twice you will need to pay them twice)

Thoughts anyone?

Oh and i've decided on a way to equip your crew. There will be a chest in the mid ship for each pirate of your crew, you activate the chest, swap anything in it, then activate the chest again and tell it to equip the pirate, and everything in the chest will go onto the pirate.

well if you want my opinion on the moral of the crew , i say it begining to be to much complicated for nothing . It not that i dont like the realiste of your idea but i rater like to have my crew alway fully happy event if i didn pay them . Becose in some way if they want grog or food suply there the hideout tongue.gif . For people like me who are lazzy there should be a automatical way to give them what they need like when you give the cargo manifest they take part of it for all you named. It just for not having a craky crew who gona tell me ''yar you didn feed us with grog now die!'' it a matter of opinon and i would want to see what the other people think about it !

o yea i thought of something with my friend could there be a fourth option for looting (i direct the atk, i leed from being , NvM) something like ''STAY DOWN THERE YOU MORON'' for you can face the ennemy ship solo some time it good to have traning for yourself

o yea good news my orc crew finaly found some pans to put on!!!!!

for the hideout i dont see what els to had to it . I meen you got armory, the supply, a guy who in charge, a boat fixer blink.gif ,and grog supply. The only thin the hideout need now is wench!!! and or a chapel. Yea that kinda suprise me that you didn make a church for the imperial island ,the saller were prety religiuse guy .

for my personnal idea : the tow other ship that are with you can only bring back loot ,but why not make it so you can ask the capt '' yar i need your ship!'' so you can join any of them on there looting frenezy!!! and add some confiance bethin you and the other capt so at some point you can ask them ''i want to inspect the lower quarter'' and at some point the other capt with your reputation will let you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
deemu
post Oct 3 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #29

Agent

you should add some cool pirate armor that the captain wears thats durable and looks cool.
and dont forget the sword that has to look cool too. biggrin.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
lean wit it dont rock wit it
+Quote Post
The Vulture
post Oct 3 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #30

Evoker

QUOTE(deemu @ Oct 3 2006, 03:18 PM) *

you should add some cool pirate armor that the captain wears thats durable and looks cool.

well, they seem to have some cool pirate clothes. I don't use the cutlass's actually, I use my trusty club named Magraf's Vengeance, named after my character Captain Magraf. some of you might recognize that name.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 4 2006, 02:47 AM
Post #31

Evoker

QUOTE(deemu @ Oct 4 2006, 05:18 AM) *

We have some cool clothes, but pirates don't wear armour! It weighs too much if you fall overboard. Oh and we have cool swords, you can thank aventhorn for that wink.gif

Check out the textures and models thread for more.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 4 2006, 04:24 AM
Post #32

Agent

why do you event ask for commentary if you just ignore them... sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 4 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #33

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 4 2006, 01:24 PM) *

why do you event ask for commentary if you just ignore them... sad.gif

Sorry, i get so excited working on a new part of the mod that i don't stop to do anything for a while, and forget to reply to things. wink.gif I did take on board your comments however and a set up the system so that the player can choose to manually handle the morale or have it done automatically!

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 3 2006, 10:38 PM) *

well if you want my opinion on the moral of the crew , i say it begining to be to much complicated for nothing . It not that i dont like the realiste of your idea but i rater like to have my crew alway fully happy event if i didn pay them . Becose in some way if they want grog or food suply there the hideout tongue.gif . For people like me who are lazzy there should be a automatical way to give them what they need like when you give the cargo manifest they take part of it for all you named. It just for not having a craky crew who gona tell me ''yar you didn feed us with grog now die!'' it a matter of opinon and i would want to see what the other people think about it !

o yea i thought of something with my friend could there be a fourth option for looting (i direct the atk, i leed from being , NvM) something like ''STAY DOWN THERE YOU MORON'' for you can face the ennemy ship solo some time it good to have traning for yourself

o yea good news my orc crew finaly found some pans to put on!!!!!

for the hideout i dont see what els to had to it . I meen you got armory, the supply, a guy who in charge, a boat fixer blink.gif ,and grog supply. The only thin the hideout need now is wench!!! and or a chapel. Yea that kinda suprise me that you didn make a church for the imperial island ,the saller were prety religiuse guy .

for my personnal idea : the tow other ship that are with you can only bring back loot ,but why not make it so you can ask the capt '' yar i need your ship!'' so you can join any of them on there looting frenezy!!! and add some confiance bethin you and the other capt so at some point you can ask them ''i want to inspect the lower quarter'' and at some point the other capt with your reputation will let you.

As i stated above, i've made it so the player can choose to manually manage the crew or let the firstmate do it. Currently it still pops up the message every 14 days, and deducts the money then. I'll have a look into making it automatic with the selling of the cargo manifest as opposed to a fortnightly cost.

The pants thing was a stuff up in the leveled list. That and they take of the armour when they sleep, so if they are wearing fur or leather greaves (which some are) they appear naked when they go to bed.

With the hideout I'm planning on adding wenches for hire, and just some more "filler" characters that might jsut offer training etc, so your hideout feels more lively! I agree upgrade wise theres not more you could want. I was originally planning on a small chapel for Yakudra, but to me its a sailing town with ruffians, not men of god, so i decided against it. I don't think pirates are the type to set up a chapel at their hideout, at the most i would expect some form of daedric worship.

As for your last idea i'm a little confused as to what you mean with the last bit? I don't want to add joining them on a raid, as then i would have to add full crews for them and that means more references and a lot more scripting just to fight battles with a different crew.

Sorry it took me so long to reply wink.gif

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Oct 4 2006, 02:45 PM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 4 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #34

Agent

biggrin.gif

but for the orc he was alway naked not just when he sleep it just ugly . O yea i found how to fix that just need to go to avil and return to the pirate island place it making them all change outfit

and for the crew to be ''harmless'' and giving them unbreakable item it just becose i giving them all bow so it make a big bunch of archer on my team (event my first mate daedric) but at some point they broke them to.

it ok to dont have a chapel in a pirate hideout but what about the empiral fort? there a statue there who could do the job as a altar! it just a little anoying to have to go back to avil to get cured.

and a question like that for the tresor hunting quest will it be on a other island or it will be in the fort at Yakorasomehting?

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Vulture
post Oct 4 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #35

Evoker

the pirates seem to die too much. Could you make a few that were extremely high leveled to be a core veteran crew. thank you. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 5 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #36

Agent

uh... if you are testing the normal beta he alerdy said that he gona make are pirate upgradable by purasing new weapon and armor aslo decreasing the weaponery from warrior ( no more glasse or elf)

but if you got a update of the beta by official tester i got nothing to say tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 5 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #37

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 5 2006, 12:59 AM) *

biggrin.gif

but for the orc he was alway naked not just when he sleep it just ugly . O yea i found how to fix that just need to go to avil and return to the pirate island place it making them all change outfit

and for the crew to be ''harmless'' and giving them unbreakable item it just becose i giving them all bow so it make a big bunch of archer on my team (event my first mate daedric) but at some point they broke them to.

it ok to dont have a chapel in a pirate hideout but what about the empiral fort? there a statue there who could do the job as a altar! it just a little anoying to have to go back to avil to get cured.

and a question like that for the tresor hunting quest will it be on a other island or it will be in the fort at Yakorasomehting?

Now you can give them new weapons through the chests to replace their old ones. There will be a chapel at Delargo, but you won't be pulling into the docks there, its a full navy town, you have to land at a beach at the back. And the treasure is in its own worldspace, wink.gif

QUOTE(The Vulture @ Oct 5 2006, 05:54 AM) *

the pirates seem to die too much. Could you make a few that were extremely high leveled to be a core veteran crew. thank you. smile.gif

I'll have a look at upping there health, they aren't supposed to be as good as the enemy captain or mercenaries, but they are better than the plain enemy sailors. Its meant to be up to the player to swing the battle (though the first mate helps a bit). I'll run through a few more playtests before i release it to make sure you aren't losing your entire crew every battle wink.gif

I have to admit in the test battles i run, a lot of the time i either only lose one or two (or none), or I lose the whole crew, it can be a bit random.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 5 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #38

Evoker

On another note, what are peoples thought regarding surrendering? The way i was thinking of having it is you start the battle in your cabin with their captain, and you can theres a chance to get them to tell you what they are carrying, and a random chance effected by your reputation and other things as to whether they surrender. If they surrender you get the manifest without a fight. Important notes:
- Imperial Navy will never surrender.
- Whether they are likely to surrender is effected by what they are carrying, ie fishermen will surrender easy, but a merchant with an expensive loot is less likely to surrender.
- IN the cabin if you are up against enemy pirates, and neither of you have cargo you can agree to go your seperate ways, no point fighting over nothing wink.gif or you could fight them anyway if you like.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 5 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #39

Agent

QUOTE(dark_soul @ Oct 5 2006, 09:05 AM) *

On another note, what are peoples thought regarding surrendering? The way i was thinking of having it is you start the battle in your cabin with their captain, and you can theres a chance to get them to tell you what they are carrying, and a random chance effected by your reputation and other things as to whether they surrender. If they surrender you get the manifest without a fight. Important notes:
- Whether they are likely to surrender is effected by what they are carrying, ie fishermen will surrender easy, but a merchant with an expensive loot is less likely to surrender.
- IN the cabin if you are up against enemy pirates, and neither of you have cargo you can agree to go your seperate ways, no point fighting over nothing wink.gif or you could fight them anyway if you like.

are what you could do is a % of chance by the pirate reputation , the navy should be able to surrender to but with a realy high lvl of piracie .

am never to hot to leave a battle to go talk to a guy, normaly the cap is on the first line of battle it would be great if we would know right away if they surender or the ennemy cap propose to go in the cab, for the navy yep there cap will never surrender but the crew is less loyal so there could be a mutiny and kill there cap that could be funy

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Oct 5 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #40

Retainer

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 5 2006, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(dark_soul @ Oct 5 2006, 09:05 AM) *

are what you could do is a % of chance by the pirate reputation , the navy should be able to surrender to but with a realy high lvl of piracie .

am never to hot to leave a battle to go talk to a guy, normaly the cap is on the first line of battle it would be great if we would know right away if they surender or the ennemy cap propose to go in the cab, for the navy yep there cap will never surrender but the crew is less loyal so there could be a mutiny and kill there cap that could be funny

This sounds a cool option. I tend to start the battle at the lead so i dont lose many pirates. I always find that theres two pirates ahead of me from the off so i cap those first then i head to the most powerful ranged enemys which are usually an archer or a mage or both one at each end of ship. once they are taken care of I find the pirates can handle whatevers thrown at them be it mercenaries, plain sailors or navy.

--------------------
+Quote Post

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:53 AM