Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You know you've played to much Oblivion, when...
Abu the Cat
post Oct 5 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #101

Agent

Well, it's resurrected anyway.

You know you've played to much Oblivion when you start calling the shrimp in your PE class a Wood Elf.

Or when you start calling somebody a Dunmer when they're pissed off at you.

Or when you go to school with a hood on saying you're a Battlemage (with a wooded pole in a makeshift sheath!), but then being forced to take them off.

When you start saying, "For the empire!" and trying to draw your sword when someone gets you pissed off.

I can go on for ever!

--------------------

Bow down to one of my cats!

Se llama Abu! (His name is Abu!)

IPB Image
cryocry on TESSource

Join the Order of Shorn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post Oct 5 2006, 03:35 AM
Post #102

Finder
Group Icon

You know you've played too much oblivion when you kill some homeless beggar and your excuse to the police is you were trying to get the attention of the Dark Brotherhood.

When you give the checkout person at walmart 10 bucks to see if he'll let you buy everything for less.

When you get imprisoned you try and find that secret passage into the sewers.

You "save" and then go do something absolutely crazy until the police gun you down.

I'll make some more up later..

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Vulture
post Oct 5 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #103

Evoker

you know you have played too much Oblivion when..

you walk along a beach looking for Nirnroot plants.

when you won't go swimming because you are afraid of Slaughterfish

or when you go outside, and try and remember where you parked your horse.

--------------------
check out my forum The Order Of Shorn
+Quote Post
Abu the Cat
post Oct 6 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #104

Agent

I got more!

You know you've played to much Oblivion when you start calling everyone "Imperial" or "Redguard" (or "Breton" if you live in Britain).

Or if you do the Mages' Guild salute to a wussy (you're a wussy if you do magic ONLY, you're cool if you're a Battlemage or Spellsword).

Or if you demand 100 gold from someone in the halls (damn Highwaymen got me in that habit!).

Or if you start saying you're from Cyrodiil (if you're American), Hammerfell (if you're black), or from High Rock (if you're British).

Or if you call the swords the British used during the American Revolution "Longswords bought from Slash n' Smash if you downloaded Adonnay's mod".

Or if you start giving money to your cat, thinking he'll bring a warhammer down on your head laugh.gif !

--------------------

IPB Image
cryocry on TESSource

Join the Order of Shorn
+Quote Post
deemu
post Oct 7 2006, 11:57 PM
Post #105

Agent

when you hack off your leg and try to use a restoration spell
when you walk around with a akavari katana thinking you are one of the blades
when you walk around the shopping mall looking for the amulet of kings
when you get kicked out of church for praying to the nine
when you think your pet cat is a khajjit (no offence abu the cat)
when you constantly look under the bed for rats
when you kill a person and tell the police its was a side quest
laugh.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
lean wit it dont rock wit it
+Quote Post
Abu the Cat
post Oct 8 2006, 04:35 AM
Post #106

Agent

QUOTE(deemu @ Oct 7 2006, 04:57 PM) *

when you think your pet cat is a khajjit (no offence abu the cat)

I did that once. I said, "Hello, Khajiit... I mean, Abu!". Yes, one of my cats' names is Abu!

When you start calling some white place and Ayleid ruin, or Carac Agailor.

When you start asking for Mead instead of Coke or Pepsi!

When you correct your History teacher when she says that the British empire was the biggest and most powerful during the Revolutionary War. You say, "No, the Cyrodiilic empire is the biggest in the world! Well, on Tamriel, at least.".

When you ask your cat about the K'Sharra prophecy.

When you correct everyone when they say, "Armored pants", or "Armored shirts" (dumbasses, (in order) Greaves and Cuirasses).

When the teacher asks you a question, and you've been day dreaming about Oblivion, you say, "You kill the undead with a Silver, Magic, or Daedric weapon!".

When you start demanding gold pieces whenever your sister steals something from you, and putting the "Stolen goods" in a chest.

More coming up soon.

--------------------

IPB Image
cryocry on TESSource

Join the Order of Shorn
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Oct 8 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #107

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Abu the Cat @ Oct 7 2006, 10:35 PM) *

When you correct everyone when they say, "Armored pants", or "Armored shirts" (dumbasses, (in order) Greaves and Cuirasses).

amen...

You know you've played to much Oblivion when you have withdrawal symptoms during school (yes, not funny but true biggrin.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Parkillous
post Oct 9 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #108

Evoker

When you walk around with an invisible keyboard and mouse in front of you, with your face directly forward, holding invisible w a s and d keys as you move and pressing e when you wish to jump... when someone jumps you and you try defending yourself by pressing the left and right mouse buttons, as well as the c key, and when it seems to do nothing, you constantly press tab to try and stop them...
+Quote Post
Abu the Cat
post Oct 9 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #109

Agent

When you say, "The internet hasn't been invented yet!" to your teacher when she asks you why you didn't look on your school's website to find it.

When you pick weeds and ask around for Sinderion.

When you hum the Oblivion title song subconsiosly.

When you walk around saying the word "Rumors" to random people in hope that you can find a side quest to do.

When you say, "Gwines got Mankar Camoren's Commentaries before me!", and the kid named Camoren says, "What do you want with me?" during "Free Read" in Language Arts.

When your excuse for beating up people is that s/he betrayed Sithis.

When you talk about Tamrielic history you learned from your Pocket Guide to the Empire in History.

When your excuse for bringing a blade to school is to defend yourself against Dremoras (I didn't bring a knife to school, by the way).

When you call the US and Europe Tamriel (but you call Scandinavia Atmora), and Asia Akavir.

When gay guys gallop around (oh, wait, don't they do that already?).

When someone assaults you, you run to someone and ask for the Imperial Watch.

When you write an ongoing story about the adventures of a Khajiit in your journal at school.

When you say you would never let a cat rape or do you (when someone says that one does) because of what you read in The Real Barenziah series (I believe volumes 2 and 3).

When you say an Imperial name when you have to name off all these guy names.

A Khajiit name, too (^) (huh huh...- (^)(^) )

When you mistakenly call Great Britain High Rock when playing Risk.

When you think they should make an Oblivion version of both Risk and Monopoly (I'd buy 'em!).

I have to check my E-Mail now.

--------------------

IPB Image
cryocry on TESSource

Join the Order of Shorn
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Oct 10 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #110

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Abu the Cat @ Oct 9 2006, 05:10 PM) *

When you think they should make an Oblivion version of both Risk and Monopoly (I'd buy 'em!).

I might buy them

whats that have to do with Oblivion!? the internet hasn't been invented yet tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Abu the Cat
post Oct 10 2006, 03:27 AM
Post #111

Agent

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Oct 9 2006, 08:01 PM) *

I might buy them

whats that have to do with Oblivion!? the internet hasn't been invented yet tongue.gif

It means that I had to see what my math homework was!

Ok, now that I did that (a long time ago, I'm afraid), here's more:

When you glue things to the table thinking that they will hover 5 inches above the ground.

When you read the guide for fun.

When black people hate you because you say, "Imperials rule the continent!", and they ask, "What color are they?", and you say, "White! Oops!" for no apparent reason (they don't play any TES game).

When (counts for anyone buying a car, not me) you go to a car dealer, and you ask for a black horse.

When you go to abandoned houses, and you say you're looking for an ancient black door that makes weird sounds.

When you talk think about what you'll do in Cyrodiil after school.

I can't think of anything else.

--------------------

IPB Image
cryocry on TESSource

Join the Order of Shorn
+Quote Post
deemu
post Oct 12 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #112

Agent

when you go to a bar and ask for skooma

when you really think "life is a game

--------------------

IPB Image
lean wit it dont rock wit it
+Quote Post
Abu the Cat
post Oct 13 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #113

Agent

When you act like an assassin with your knife at dinner.

When you're studying Asia in school, and you mistakenly replace Asia with Akavir every time you put that word in your final project.

When you're studying WWII in History, and you talk about how Akaviri raiders tried to take over Tamriel in the first era.

When you start playing with your sister's horse dolls, and putting guys with swords on them and making them fight each other (killing the horses, the final death blow is when both horses are dead).

When you dream that you're your charactar on Oblivion.

When you're explaining to a dumbass why you like cats, you say that they sound cool and are good thieves and acrobats.

When you look for your quill at school, when you're really looking for your Eraser Mate and Hi-Polymer eraser.

When you ask one of your female cats if you can have a bed for the night, and give some cat food.

When you assosiate stuff in real life to Oblivion.

When you ask for Rat Ragu, with powdered deer panda bear (ask Weebum-Na in Leyawiin about said city)!

When you look for Nightshade to put in your arch-enemy's food at lunch when you're in school.

When you ask for the 1E 2980 series at your school library (or at any library).

When you mistakenly call your country's leader "Emporer" or "Empress", and your state's (if you live in the gool o' US of A) leader "King" or "Queen".

When you ask someone who they're courting, because there are different rumors.

When you ask yourself what your Intelligence attribute is at when you see your progress report.

When you start calling stuff in Monopoly stuff in Oblivion (like that one expensive place, the Krusty Crab in my sister's version, which you call Rosethorn Manor, or White Gold Tower).

When you go to el supermercado to buy parchment and quills instead of pens and paper.

Some other stuff.

This post has been edited by Abu the Cat: Oct 23 2006, 08:37 PM

--------------------

IPB Image
cryocry on TESSource

Join the Order of Shorn
+Quote Post
Chiglet
post Oct 22 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #114

Evoker

You know you've played too much Oblivion when you go outside, a storm is coming and the sky is cloudy and reddish (happens due to the dust in my area), and you start trying to figure out where the Oblivion gate has opened and just how close it might be.

--------------------
To the Void we all shall go...
+Quote Post
Jamie Charlton
post Nov 23 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #115

Associate

QUOTE(Sunboom @ Apr 13 2006, 09:44 AM) *

You know when you played Morrowind too much when you feel like saving in real life. I've had that a couple of times.

lol nice one, same here. i thought as my mum was shouting at me: 'I'll save it, shout at her then reload'. Oblivion brings on the craziest thoughts!

Jamie
+Quote Post
Jamie Charlton
post Nov 23 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #116

Associate

When you think that the russian spy on the news was poisoned with Theranis, then you realise that Theranis was a character from Oblivion..............turns out he was poisoned with Thalium, oh well.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 23 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #117

Master
Group Icon

You know when you've played too much Oblivion when you find a thread called "You Know When You've Played Too Much Oblivion" on a chorrol.com thread!

Oh zing!!!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Nov 24 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #118

Knower
Group Icon

Hahaha nice Mallet!

You know you've played far too much Oblivion when:
-You stand on a manhole cover waiting for it to take you to another level of the Arcane University.
-You run into a table just to see how far the things on the top will fly.
-You go to the mall to buy a new coat but then ask the salesperson what enchantments it has.
-You run from an elderly man with a wooden cane in fear of him soultrapping you and sealing you into a black soul jem.
-When helping a friend move to a new apartment you tell everyone to wait a minute while you fortify your strength.
-You take an orange in one hand and a tomato in the other, smash them together in your palms in hopes that somehow you have a really good alchemy skill and some nice potion will come of it.
-You take a toy bow and arrow into your backyard to try the duplicate item bug with a twenty dollar bill.
-On a cloudy day you tell your friends "If I had a better video card and some ram then I could crank the draw distance up and be able to see down the road."
-You get robbed by a man in an Armani Suit that drives a Lamborghini Gallardo. (A la Bandits with Glass armor while you are still wearing steel.)

Sorry if any of these have been used before... I got on a roll and I didn't want to check all of these to see if they were used yet or not.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Nov 25 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #119

Knower
Group Icon

-You go into a clothing store and ask the sales person to barter and expect to see a simplified list of their goods
-You can't understand why they won't buy your copper ring.
-You buy a skirt, put it on and wonder why it isn't turning into pants because your a male.
-Pissed off, you try to sell the skirt back at a fraction of the price you bought it rather than getting a refund.
-You email bethseda to tell them that your skirt didn't turn into pants.
-You see a goth and note that its silly that no one notices he's a vampire despite his obviously pale skin and thin mouth.
-You wonder what quests are involved with the goth.

This post has been edited by Pisces: Nov 25 2006, 01:58 AM
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Nov 25 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #120

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Taillus @ Nov 24 2006, 10:21 AM) *

-On a cloudy day you tell your friends "If I had a better video card and some ram then I could crank the draw distance up and be able to see down the road."
-You get robbed by a man in an Armani Suit that drives a Lamborghini Gallardo. (A la Bandits with Glass armor while you are still wearing steel.)

very nice

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:39 AM