Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A servant of Boethiah-Chapter 1
Miazma
post May 29 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Retainer

Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself before I post the first part of my story. I have written many stories and fan fics for games and this is my first for morrowind. I have had the game since february so I believe I have collected enough information to start writing. Thhis story is about a dunmer by the name of Miazma. He is a servant of Boethiah and has daedric blood in him. He is 3/4 daedric to be exact. I don't want to spoil the story so I won't go into details. You'll just have to read. Without further adew, here is the first part of chapter 1.
---------------------------------------------

Miazma, I have another task for you. Travel to Buckmoth Legion fort outside the city of Ald'ruhn. The knight there, Imsin the Dreamer, must be assassinated. I shall not go into details as they are not helpful nor are they needed. Kill Imsin and return to my shrine. Go now...

Miazma woke. He looked around for a short time before he remembered the dream. Boethiah had a task for him. He stood and looked to his right. There lay his armour, a full set of daedric with the tower shield and the face of inspiration. He strapped it on and reached under his bed, pulling out a small chest.

Before he opened the chest, Miazma bowed his head, closed his eyes, and began to speak.

"I ask you, Boethiah, for the skill required to smite my enemy. He must not kill me, I must kill him. I must swing this blade faster than a bow fires an arrow. I must swing this blade more powerful than an orc swings his hammer. I must swing this blade with the accuracy of a khajiit assassin. I must do this in your name. Praise you..."

He then opened the chest and reached in. He withdrew, very slowly, a grand katana. Goldbrand. He held the sword in his right hand as he withdrew the sheath with his left. He strapped the sheath on and pulled off his left gauntlet. He knicked the end of his thumb before wiping the blade and sheathing Goldbrand. He never sheathed it without allowing it to taste blood. He put his gauntlet back on and smiled. Time to go kill someone.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This, very short it may be, is the first part. The part I am currently working on will be 2 to 3 times larger than this and it will include fight scenes, which are my specialty.

--------------------
Look upon the face of Boethiah and wonder.
Raise your arms that Boethiah may look upon them and bestow a blessing.
Know that battle is a blessing.
Know that death is an eventuality.
Know that you are dust in the eyes of Boethiah.

Long is the arm of Boethiah, and swift is the blade.

Worship, o faithful. Worship the glory that is Boethiah.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 29 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

Fight scenes are my specialty too. If you ever need some ideas about some battle scenes take a look at my story, An Ashlanders Tale.

I look forward to reading more. :goodjob:
+Quote Post
Miazma
post May 29 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #3

Retainer

[quote=jonajosa]Fight scenes are my specialty too. If you ever need some ideas about some battle scenes take a look at my story, An Ashlanders Tale.

I look forward to reading more. :goodjob:[/quote]Thank you. I have began reading your story, it has been fantastic so far. Also, feel free to point out my mistakes, and if you do not like my story...please let me know so I won't think i'm perfect wink.gif (This goes for anyone who dislikes it)

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post May 29 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #4

Wise Woman
Group Icon

very good start here....like you said....it´s short but triggers the interest of reading more, so I´m waiting eagerly for the continuation

And if you ever want to read something that has practically no battlescenes, you´re welcome to read my story "Serene of Cyrodiil"

oh and... :goodjob:

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 29 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

If you want to read something with a few bad battle scenes, read "Ahnaressu's Travels" lol. Had to add to the "battle scenes" discussion...

anyways, great start. looking forward to reading the rest.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 29 2005, 10:56 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

I hues i should recomned that you read everything here then. Its all good for you to get ideas and stuff from.

:goodjob:
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 30 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

It's a bit short for me to judge for any mistakes at this point, so I guess I will have to wait for the next update! biggrin.gif Anyway, good start, but I would like to see more. (You do good fight scenes? Yay! More people who can write fight scenes! smile.gif I love fight/battle scenes, yes I do! :lickinglips: ) Keep it coming! :goodjob:
+Quote Post
Miazma
post May 30 2005, 02:02 AM
Post #8

Retainer

Thank you all. I plan to post the next part in a short time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miazma
post May 30 2005, 02:49 AM
Post #9

Retainer

[quote]Some people may consider Miazma a phsyco simply because he enjoys killing. His personality goes along with the saying "Shoot now, ask questions later." He could be in the middle of a bloody massacre, get a limb cut off, almost die, kill a hundred men, and smile after it's finished. He's not very sociable and only talks when required. He lives his life one task at a time. It's just him, his sword, and his lord...

-Calagrius, the only mortal friend of Miazma[/quote]

Miazma stepped out into the rain. He had covered his armour with a large black cloak so you could only see shapes here and there. He looked very intimidating, like a monster from a nightmare with his helm on and his entire body covered with black, having frightening shapes poking every which way.

His hut was near a newly built statue of Boethiah on a small island near sadrith mora. It was small, large enough only for him to live and keep a few things in.

He looked around him. He could see many more islands near and far. He could see mudcrabs hurrying to thier homes.

Time was of the essence so he decided not to waste any more time. He made a quick hand movement and muttered an incantation. Divine intervention.

When he came to his senses, Miazma was standing just outside the imperial cult shrine at wolverine hall. He turned and began climbing the spiral staircase to the next level and the mages guild. When he entered the guild he was greeted by a nord woman in a cloak. He ignored her and approached the guild guide. He paused for a moment before saying "Ald'ruhn."

Miazma hated teleportation. It made him feel a bit sick and he always worried that he would accidently be teleported to the wrong place, and he didn't have enough time to waste it on worry.

He stepped off of the circle platform he had been standing on and made his way to the exit of the mages guild. He then headed south out of the city and followed the path to Fort Buckmoth.

Of all the races, Miazma disliked imperials the most. They were just as bad as the tribunal temple, sending men to destroy daedric shrines and use them as museums. They screwed with natured and they screwed with the daedra. This angered Miazma.

As he arrived at the fort one of the guards immediatly stopped him and stated that he looked "suspicious." Obviously Miazma wasn't going to talk to the guard. Odds were that the man would be dead soon anyway.

"Is this a daedric helm and shield that I see?" asked the guard.

Miazma said nothing.

"What is under this cloak? Who are you? Speak." demanded the guard.

Miazma said nothing.

"Speak now, I say. In the name of Tiber Septim."

"Tiber Septim is a lowly maggot. I shall say nothing in his name. Please get the hell out of my way, there is killing that must be done." hissed Miazma, finally.

"What?!" screamed the guard, drawing his sword and holding up his shield.

Miazma threw off his cloak revealing his magnifascent armour and drew Goldbrand. His helm hid a devilish smile. It's about time, he though.

The guard raised his sword up over his head and swung. Miazma dodged to the right, raising his sword at the same time and slashing threw the guard's left side. He could hear screams and battlecries all around him. Now he felt comfortable.

Something bounced off the back of his cuirass. He turned to see an archer firing arrows in an attempt to pierce his armour.

"Good luck!" he shouted. Now he felt alive.

He heard a battle cry and looked to his left just in time to raise his shield to block a lunge by a guard. Another cry came from behind him and he quickly leapt backwards and watched as his attacker collided with the guard who's blow he had just blocked. He fell to the ground in laughter.

He heard many footsteps behind him and rolled to the right, jumping to his feet soon after. He saw three guards sprinting at him full speed, swords raised and tempers flared. Time for some fun.

Miazma waited until they were upon him and knelt, cuasing one guard to trip over him as he held out Goldbrand to slice through the stomach of another. He stood again as the tripped guard stood and the other one turned to face him. He could see that they were afraid by the look in thier eyes so he decided to play with them. He began laughing.

"Beautiful...day...isn't it?" he said between his laughter.

The men stared at him in awe.

"Rain...perfect...to...wash...away...blood." he began to laugh harder.

The guards fled, running out of the fort towards Ald'ruhn.

Miazma turned and walked to the entrance of the imperial cult shrine at the fort, ignoring the arrows which bounced harmlessly off his armour. He entered the building.

He saw guards rushing to the door, curious as to what all the excitement outside was about.

"Here I am..." said Miazma.

The guards immediatly drew thier swords and slowly took a few steps back, putting a small distance between them and this mysterious attacker.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: As I said, this part was longer and contained some minor fight scenes. We will not really get into the plot until chapter two. I want to take my time and allow you to get to know the character a little better before proceeding into the more detailed and complex parts of the story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 30 2005, 02:54 AM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Miazma is awesome! He's like the biggest bad-a$$ ever.

Kinda like Alucard on the show hellsing...

Great installment!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Miazma
post May 30 2005, 03:11 AM
Post #11

Retainer

[quote=Dantrag]Miazma is awesome! He's like the biggest bad-a$$ ever.

Great installment![/quote]Thank you, Dantrang. I try not to make my characters all goody-goody, it's too unoriginal. I like being different.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 30 2005, 03:17 AM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

[quote=Miazma][quote=Dantrag]Miazma is awesome! He's like the biggest bad-a$$ ever.

Great installment![/quote]Thank you, Dantrang. I try not to make my characters all goody-goody, it's too unoriginal. I like being different.[/quote]

People like to read a little variety smile.gif including myself.

keep up the good work!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post May 30 2005, 12:12 PM
Post #13

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

Well, this is very promising. Great sense of style to it as well. If I had one tiny criticism, it would be that there are a lot of sentences which start with, he walked, he fell, he went, he turned etc. Other than that though, this looks like one to watch. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 30 2005, 05:52 PM
Post #14

Retainer

[quote=burntsierra]Well, this is very promising. Great sense of style to it as well. If I had one tiny criticism, it would be that there are a lot of sentences which start with, he walked, he fell, he went, he turned etc. Other than that though, this looks like one to watch. smile.gif[/quote]Yes, I agree. Great job here, Miazma.

--------------------
"I may not agree with what you say, but to the death i will defend your right to say it"

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be"

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung"

"What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy."

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
Miazma
post May 30 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #15

Retainer

Thank you sierra and ryden. I will be sure and fix those sentences in the next part, which should be out sometime today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 30 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh, ooh, ooh! You updated! Me happy! biggrin.gif Anyway, I like your character. Someone's got to stand up to those snobby (I consider them snobbier than even Altmer!) Imperials! tongue.gif

Anyway, just a mispelling here and there, but I thought it was pretty good. Needs more cool details, though. :lickinglips2: Take your time and develop this character. I like him, and would like to know more about him. (Oh, and keep writing battle scenes!) :goodjob:
+Quote Post
minque
post May 30 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #17

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=MerGirl] Someone's got to stand up to those snobby (I consider them snobbier than even Altmer!) Imperials! tongue.gif

[/quote]

Now then may I remind you that there are imperials who are NOT snobby, take Serene f.ex.... wink.gif

Anyway, like the lady above said...i also like to know more about your charachter....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 30 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=minque]
Now then may I remind you that there are imperials who are NOT snobby, take Serene f.ex.... wink.gif

Anyway, like the lady above said...i also like to know more about your charachter....[/quote]
~~~
I know not all Imperials are snobby... just most of them in Morrowind are... Well, not snobby, but kind of... bossy, uptight, boring, too honorable and goody-goody? Some of the guards act like you're lower than dirt and you should obey them all the time kind of snobby...even if you are a human, too...

I'm just curious why people think the Altmer are more snobby than the Imperials. tongue.gif I didn't find the Altmer (or any of the other Elves) that bad, actually. It what makes them... Altmer, I guess... (I might change my mind when Oblivion comes out, though! tongue.gif )

It was all the humans (except Reguards) and Nords that get on my nerves. ("Seen any elves?" <--- I'm going to strangle the next female Nord who says that!)
~~~

Anyway, to the writer, please update soon, for I wish to know what is there more to know about your character! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Miazma
post May 30 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #19

Retainer

"What's the matter? I don't look suspicious do I? One of those dead guards outside told me I look suspicious. Look at him now." Miazma was chuckling as he said this.

"You monster!" screamed one of the men.

"Define monster for me. Is it someone who is different from yourself? Or someone uglier and quieter than yourself? I may be quiet and I may be different but I believe I look much better than anyone in this fort." retorted Miazma.

Four of the guards charged full speed toward him. He sheathed his sword and stood still, waiting for the men to reach him. As they neared he bent his knees a bit and turned to the right so that his left side faced the attacking imperials.

"AHHHHH!" came the battle cries of the attackers.

One of them swung. Miazma ducked and punched the man in the stomach. Then, leaping backward out the door to avoid the blows of the other guards, grabbed him by the groin, and tossed him over his head. He then unsheathed Goldbrand and ran back into the cult shrine, knocking two guards out of his way in the process.

Miazma quickly ran to a flight of steps and descended. He could already hear a female voice shouting orders and cursing. He followed the voice. After a bit more running he came upon a large group of men, at least 15 of them, blocking the entrance to a room.

"Well hello there. May I ask why you are blocking that room?" he asked.

The guards stared at him, bewildered. There was blood splatterred here and there on his armour and the blade of his sword was covered with it. They looked behind him and could see bootprints of blood. They were terrified.

"Listen. I'll make you a deal. I am a bit short on time and, despite the fact that I would very much enjoy slaughtering you men, I must hurry. Get out of the way and I will kill Imsin. No one is here to see you move but You, Imsin, and I. Imsin will be dead soon, I will not tell on you, and you certainly will not tell on yourselves. Move now." said Miazma

"Never!" screamed about five of the imperials. The other ten ran as fast as the could away.

"Well...Imsin should be very proud of you. Too bad none of you will live to be praised." said Miazma, raising Goldbrand.

The men spread out a bit and got into fighting stances, raising their swords and shields. Miazma smiled. At least they were not all afraid to die...

--------------------

+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 30 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #20

Unregistered

Just got caught up on all this. Another two updates that were very well writtin. But i agree with Burntsierra. too many he said, he did and he fell stuff.

Keep this up and im sure this will soon become one of the top stories here. :goodjob:
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:17 PM