Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragging Bodies
Sirin
post Feb 7 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #41

Evoker

mmmm, i would really enjoy waiting in their own homes for them too!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 6 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #42

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Curly_G_ @ Jan 31 2006, 07:17 AM)
Paralyze Poison on Arrow, Drag them into a Cave, lock with Spell... Come back later...
Thought of this a few weeks back and been looking forward to it. Hehee.
Maybe like on MW when you have those li'l caverns with Slave Cages, keep a few Prisoners. But, I guess, now you have to feed them to keep them alive, etc. Hmm.

MWUHAHAHAHA! I'm gonna do a set-up like the movie saw. I'm gonna leave them in a cave with only a few rations and they have to either perform an amazingly complex 'unlock' spell to free themselves from binding chains or they have to cut their leg off with a rusty sword to get free. and then they have to fight a land dreugh with a rusty dagger and when/if they succeed they will have to look through it's entrails in search for a key that will get them out of the terrible torture cave! MWUHAHAHAHAHA! evillol.sml.gif

This post has been edited by xycolian: Mar 6 2006, 09:35 AM

--------------------
Adoring Fan

Tamriel is nothing more than Lorkhans plane of Oblivion... -Mankar Cameron
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 9 2006, 04:38 AM
Post #43

Finder
Group Icon

ok! the answer has been out a while. Here is the location

http://www.waiting4oblivion.com/fan_interview3.html

I don't think that will be a hyperlink but you know how to copy and paste I am sure. It is under the first section, I don't normally go and get the links and all, but I thought this thread was getting tired....so... yea, Perhaps this thread should be closed now that the question that is the subject line of the title of the thread is answered without any real arguability. Not sure if any of the play-samplers said anything but this should be enough anyway. You are welcome.

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 9 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #44

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(jchamber @ Mar 8 2006, 08:38 PM)
ok! the answer has been out a while.  Here is the location

http://www.waiting4oblivion.com/fan_interview3.html

I don't think that will be a hyperlink but you know how to copy and paste I am sure.  It is under the first section, I don't normally go and get the links and all, but I thought this thread was getting tired....so... yea, Perhaps this thread should be closed now that the question that is the subject line of the title of the thread is answered without any real arguability.  Not sure if any of the play-samplers said anything but this should be enough anyway.  You are welcome.

nice find. i guess that puts a stop to this thread ohmy.gif

--------------------
Adoring Fan

+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Mar 9 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #45

Finder
Group Icon

Almost 1,150 views and it's finally at an end... Unless we talk more about what we do with the bodies! biggrin.gif
Would telekenisis work on corpses? While everyone is mourning, someone just bursts through the crowd and uses it as a puppet and completely ruins the mood. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
"Look everyone! Dave's still alive! He's dancing! He's dancing!"
... *awkward silence* ... what the heck, close the Thread, lol. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Curly_G_: Mar 9 2006, 01:00 PM

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 9 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #46

Finder
Group Icon

or you could simply re-animate him using the new reanimation spell and command your newly found undead minion to attack the people who are mourning his death most evillol.sml.gif mwuhahahaha

--------------------
Adoring Fan

+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Mar 9 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #47

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(xycolian @ Mar 9 2006, 01:02 PM)
or you could simply re-animate him using the new reanimation spell and command your newly found undead minion to attack the people who are mourning his death most evillol.sml.gif mwuhahahaha

Still unsure... Does it bring them back as your slave for spell duration or until death again?
Or do they just come back as they were, maybe hating you if you killed them in the first place?

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 9 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #48

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Curly_G_ @ Mar 9 2006, 05:04 AM)
Still unsure... Does it bring them back as your slave for spell duration or until death again?
Or do they just come back as they were, maybe hating you if you killed them in the first place?

I have a quote from the third fan interview (which interviews pete i think) and they talk about necromancy and the reanimation spell. i dont know if it really answers your question but i'll put up the quote anyways tongue.gif

How exactly will Necromancy work? Will the Reanimate spell simply ressurect the NPC, or will it produce a zombie? Could a player play a Necromancer class from the beginning to the end? Can I ressurect skeletal corpses I find in dungeons? And will the reanimated NPC's be low level NPC's or will they become creatures and how long will they stay "alive"?

Pete:
The Reanimate spell returns the NPC to life, but they become a shell of their former selves. The NPC is lifted off the ground, hangs in the air a moment, then returns to their feet to become your servant and assault your enemies. Only the recently dead can be reanimated. The reanimated NPC is returned to their full pre-death health.

This post has been edited by xycolian: Mar 9 2006, 01:09 PM

--------------------
Adoring Fan

+Quote Post
Bofra
post Mar 9 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #49

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Curly_G_ @ Mar 9 2006, 01:04 PM)

I wouldn't think the spell would make them you enemy once again, sounds rather useless to me. However I believe they would be you undead slaves for the spell duration, nothing more, still it might be possible to get a more powerfull reanimate spell that merely brings them back as your faithful followers for the rest of their lifes, but that's unlikely, it would be too easy to create huge armies that would heavily affect playability (as in framerate) aswell as game-balance (as you would become undefeatable with you 30+ men army practically able to raid any city).

(By the way, is it even confirmed that there is such spell as reanimate? tongue.gif) <-- nvm

EDIT: Oops, seems that I'm too slow and my question was answered while I was writing this post tongue.gif. But that quote still doesn't answer the question for HOW LONG the NPC:s stays your follower.

This post has been edited by Bofra: Mar 9 2006, 01:15 PM

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 9 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #50

Finder
Group Icon

i wonder if you can use the console to give yourself the reanimate spell in the beginning of the game so that you can ressurect the king (in a zombie-like form).

This post has been edited by xycolian: Mar 9 2006, 01:23 PM

--------------------
Adoring Fan

+Quote Post
Bofra
post Mar 9 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #51

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(xycolian @ Mar 9 2006, 01:18 PM)
i wonder if you can use the console to give yourself the reanimate spell in the beginning of the game so that you can ressurect the king.

Hehe, nice idea! Although I'm quite certain the emperor has a whole bunch of scripts on him preventing such things. Still we can always make a mod that allows you to have the emperor as your undead follower for the rest of the game tongue.gif (not that I would want that really).

BTW, this thread is getting a little off topic smile.gif

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Mar 9 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #52

Finder
Group Icon

I definately wanna try making a hoarde of bodies or paralyze people and drag them into my store room. If lock spell still exists, I wont have to barricade the door with Tables and Beds using Telekenisis!

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 12 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #53

Finder
Group Icon

I wonder if you can drag paralyzed bodies... it would be soooo cool if you could biggrin.gif

--------------------
Adoring Fan

+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Mar 12 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #54

Mouth
Group Icon

I imagine the "grab" button only works on objects.

An NPC isn't an object until it dies, so being paralyzed wouldn't make it an object and therefore I don't think grab would work on them.

You have to think in game terms for stuff like this. While it all may seem grand, it's very unlikely.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 12 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #55

Mouth
Group Icon

Why would you kill people anyways it's wrong....tongue.gif. Well i do see that point that sometime you kill someone no matter what, and of course it would be usefull, if not very cool to drag peoples bodies away, so there aint gonna be any suspicion.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 13 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #56

Finder
Group Icon

you kill people BECAUSE it is wrong, muwahahahah. I read in an interview/quote that you can drag the dead bodies with the grab button. as for paralyzed people...you have to remember that Havok physics are still in effect on the body....so it will fall over if it's taking a stride etc. but I am unsure if that confirms dragability....one of those things to test the first day after release/recieve.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 13 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

Dragging bodies would be so much fun. I am quite sure that Bethesda made it impossible in the case of one person, but what if you could drag the emperor along? evillol.sml.gif

Guard:,,Hey, what are you doing?"
Me:,, I'm dragging the dead emperor to my new home. For decoration, you know."
Guard:,,Everyone knows that those rumors about the emperor being dead are lies. This is a very convincing replica though. Carry on."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Mar 13 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #58

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Mar 13 2006, 07:59 AM)
Dragging bodies would be so much fun. I am quite sure that Bethesda made it impossible in the case of one person, but what if you could drag the emperor along? evillol.sml.gif
Guard:,,Hey, what are you doing?"
Me:,, I'm dragging the dead emperor to my new home. For decoration, you know."
Guard:,,Everyone knows that those rumors about the emperor being dead are lies. This is a very convincing replica though. Carry on."

There's probably something that makes you drop it when opening the door to exit the tutorial or the surviving blades will attack you for violating their emperor's body.

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #59

Finder
Group Icon

'violating'? how so? I just wanted to take him out for one last night on the town...on me. I dunno how I, an escaped ex-con without much money to provide for myself, is going to afford something good enough for the king, but he shouldn't be so choosy now....

seriously though....since you have to use the grab button to drag bodies it is likely impossible to open doors while dragging a body because you wouldbn't be able to click on the door and hold the body at the same time....unless they make a special command for it...like double click=perma hold until button x is pressed to cause release....but I don't expect that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 13 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

Well, I doubt you'll get to drag him in the first place. After he dies, things probably switch to high speed. Guards could be aproaching and there you are, standing next to the death emperor. They would probably think that you are the bad guy. So I wouldn't be surprised if your character automatically flees and the emperor's corpse gets removed while you aren't looking.

Besides, even if you stood there and they didn't saw you as the bad guy when they found you, wouldn't they say something along the lines of:,, Look, this quest is all nice and stuff but why don't you just go back to your safe cell. There are professional guards who can take care of finding this heir much better than you. Just look at yourself, you're a wimp. You wouldn't stand a chance." That would completely destroy the main quest.

But we can always dream. And there is the construction set. I allready know that I would make a clone of the emperor to talk to. Or maybe a respawning monster. smile.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 11:38 PM