Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bethesda.net, Bethesda's new forums REBOOT
Acadian
post Feb 5 2016, 12:25 AM
Post #41

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 4 2016, 01:45 PM) *
For what it's worth, I registered via Firefox (yesterday) without issue. Leastwise I recall none.

Same here. Yesterday, Firefox, no prob. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 5 2016, 02:27 PM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 4 2016, 08:48 PM) *
This exactly. I don't want anybody pretending to be me. wink.gif I made sure to put my new username in my current sig over at Beth, just so there's no confusion.
Phew, now I'm relieved. I thought it was some other Renee Gade that registered on Bethesda.net, one can't be too sure with such a common username. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Feb 5 2016, 02:27 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 5 2016, 02:43 PM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Feb 4 2016, 04:04 PM) *

Hope Rohugh isn't around this time.

Time to bypass the ban.

Rohugh is still around, but maybe you'll slip right past the guards. GOod luck!

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 5 2016, 08:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 4 2016, 08:48 PM) *
This exactly. I don't want anybody pretending to be me. wink.gif I made sure to put my new username in my current sig over at Beth, just so there's no confusion.
Phew, now I'm relieved. I thought it was some other Renee Gade that registered on Bethesda.net, one can't be too sure with such a common username. tongue.gif

I know, right? I can just imagine the hordes, the masses, the long line waiting to just claim the name ReneeGade. laugh.gif And all of them will be disappointed I got there first. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 5 2016, 02:50 PM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

Join the club of “Not Notorious Enough to have Someone Steal your Username.” NNESSU? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
bobg
post Feb 6 2016, 03:41 AM
Post #45

Retainer

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 5 2016, 09:43 AM) *

I know, right? I can just imagine the hordes, the masses, the long line waiting to just claim the name ReneeGade. laugh.gif And all of them will be disappointed I got there first. tongue.gif

OK that explains why I had to use my old moniker instead the much cooler R.G. Hmmm. I just realized that is my initials too.
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Feb 6 2016, 01:09 PM
Post #46

Finder
Group Icon

Ended up registering just for the sake of reserving my username. After all, you don't know that you mightn't gain great notoriety in some distant future...

Oh, and Firefox worked just fine for me.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Feb 6 2016, 01:36 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

Appears no one else wanted to be Treydog, either.... kvleft.gif

bobg- so thrilled to see you again! Best wishes to you and your Mrs., hope things improve.

If I don't say it enough (and I imagine I don't)- it has been a great honor to have so many wonderful people (and wonderful writers) come here and make Chorrol what it has become- just because I stomped my furry feet about the changes at T'Other Place smile.gif Well- okay- more than that... but the honored part is most definitely true. Thank you all.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 6 2016, 02:53 PM
Post #48

Paladin
Group Icon

Treydog is right. BethSoft made some. . . less than satisfactory (at least to fanfic writers) changes in 2010 resulting in many of us coming here at the urging of treydog. We were affectionately called 'Treybabies'. So, will the upcoming changes result in a crop of 'Treygrandbabies'? laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 6 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #49

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 6 2016, 02:53 PM) *

Treydog is right. BethSoft made some. . . less than satisfactory (at least to fanfic writers) changes in 2010 resulting in many of us coming here at the urging of treydog. We were affectionately called 'Treybabies'. So, will the upcoming changes result in a crop of 'Treygrandbabies'? laugh.gif

Maybe Rocubabies? I have been doing some recruting of my own.. laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
bobg
post Feb 6 2016, 11:45 PM
Post #50

Retainer

QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 6 2016, 08:36 AM) *

bobg- so thrilled to see you again! Best wishes to you and your Mrs., hope things improve.

Not as thrilled as I am to be acknowledged by you. I have always considered you a bright flame in a bonfire of brilliant writers. Thanks for your well wishes. We plug along, laugh when we can, cry when we must and thank god for it every day.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 7 2016, 01:43 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 3 2016, 05:44 PM) *

Thank you for the update, mirocu. I did go look at Gstaff's thread, followed his instructions and registered. Happily, Acadian was available as a call sign and I had no problems. Not sure what it means exactly, but I am registered now. Lol.

mALX was still available, laugh.gif

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 3 2016, 08:42 PM) *

I signed up as my decrepit self, but won't visit there again until I know the forums are active. Wanna link straight to 'em rather than contend with the Bethesda.net home page, which I have no interest in.

This.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 4 2016, 01:17 PM) *

Some notes that may have relevance to others:

I registered from my browser at home, and tried to login from work. It accepted the name and password, but sent me an email (to my home server) with the login link for the "new browser or device". It's likely that will happen any time you clear your cookies, so make sure the email address you supply the first time isn't temporary, or you might get locked out.

User names containing spaces aren't allowed, as the space acts as a delimiter in some of the interfaces, and the name would get truncated at the space. Presumable Pseron Wyrd has changed his, as he states he can get it. Only one non-alphanumeric character, too. Can't see any reason for that restriction. Accented characters should count as regular alphabetic ones.

Urk, my email / IP address about to change; and I just signed up.

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Feb 4 2016, 01:56 PM) *

This all just sounds too tedious. Though I'm mostly concerned about just two forums - OB Mods and the (frequently excellent) Construction Set forums. But it looks to me like The Assimilation Lab and TES Alliance (and Chorrol, of course!) can fill the gap mightily, so I just may not bother with Beth Forums at all once the change happens.

TESAlliance just changed their forums a few months ago too, I'm not thrilled with the changes verysad.gif

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Feb 4 2016, 04:04 PM) *

Hope Rohugh isn't around this time.

Time to bypass the ban.

laugh.gif

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Feb 6 2016, 07:09 AM) *

Ended up registering just for the sake of reserving my username. After all, you don't know that you mightn't gain great notoriety in some distant future...

Oh, and Firefox worked just fine for me.

Yes, I already had one person try to impersonate me on here, didn't want to leave my name open for another horrible incident like that.

QUOTE(bobg @ Feb 6 2016, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 6 2016, 08:36 AM) *

Not as thrilled as I am to be acknowledged by you. I have always considered you a bright flame in a bonfire of brilliant writers. Thanks for your well wishes. We plug along, laugh when we can, cry when we must and thank god for it every day.

I also have wondered how your wife was doing and often thought of her; thought well wishes for her health.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 7 2016, 01:44 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
bobg
post Feb 8 2016, 06:46 AM
Post #52

Retainer

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 6 2016, 08:43 PM) *

I also have wondered how your wife was doing and often thought of her; thought well wishes for her health.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and I have passed those on to my wife. Her stroke caused loss of control on her left side. She can walk slowly for short distances using a quad cane but is basically dependent on her wheelchair. She remembers your handle from our old fanfiction days and told me to tell you that she wishes I was still writing. (Not going to happen.)

I doubt I will use the new forum once it is up. It appears to not include the older games anyway and I'm not interested in ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 12 2016, 03:31 PM
Post #53

Paladin
Group Icon

Curious about the timeline for the BethSoft changeover to new forums, I went looking for info. I started going backwards through the very long thread over there that discusses the new forum registration.

I found my answer in a post made yesterday by Rohugh (one of the mods there) -
This information is for registration only, the new forums will be opened at a date to be announced.

So I guess there is not a definitive timeline yet.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 15 2016, 12:29 AM
Post #54

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I can't stress enough how much I dislike Rohugh. I'd go into detail but I'd have to ban myself for the graphic expletives I'd need to use to properly detail how much I can't stand him. Suffice to say, he's an arrogant nazi who thinks being a mod over there makes him special. If you've ever dealt with him I'm sorry because you get it.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Feb 15 2016, 01:13 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Edited.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Feb 15 2016, 03:10 AM

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 15 2016, 02:08 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

KingCoin is now reserved for meh.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2016, 05:27 AM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 14 2016, 08:08 PM) *

KingCoin is now reserved for meh.

Woo Hoo! I'm glad we will all be ourselves!

QUOTE(bobg @ Feb 8 2016, 12:46 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 6 2016, 08:43 PM) *

Thank you for your kind thoughts and I have passed those on to my wife. Her stroke caused loss of control on her left side. She can walk slowly for short distances using a quad cane but is basically dependent on her wheelchair. She remembers your handle from our old fanfiction days and told me to tell you that she wishes I was still writing. (Not going to happen.)

I doubt I will use the new forum once it is up. It appears to not include the older games anyway and I'm not interested in ESO.

I fondly remember your writing too; your girls were both dear friends.

--------------------
+Quote Post
bobg
post Feb 16 2016, 09:30 PM
Post #58

Retainer

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2016, 12:27 AM) *

Woo Hoo! I'm glad we will all be ourselves!

Indeed. At one time I played 'the Settlers' online and you had to enter a game through the server's chat room. Some hackers were able to enter vulgar comments which were attributed to someone else's chat login. That didn't bother me as much as regular chat people acting as if the login named was making those entries. When it happened to me, I didn't respond to those entries that purported to be from me but I definitely tore into those who acted like any of that was legitimate. Everybody knew what was going on. They just thought it would be fun to join in. It did result in some interesting challenge games.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 25 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #59

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I just made a thread discussing bethesda.net over at Bethsoft and it got immediately locked. I think this is a shame because we should be able to discuss the new forums at Bethsoft too, it shouldn´t just be at bethesda.net. Most people are still at Bethsoft and many do not like the new place so there is definitely a need for a discussion there. At least that´s how I feel about it.

Link to thread in case anyone wants to read it.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 3 2016, 02:07 PM
Post #60

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Apparently Bethesda is looking into another type of software for the new forums instead of using Jive. Nothing is sure yet though.

Link to post at Bethsoft

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:53 AM