3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ahnaressu's Travels Ch. 8
Fuzzy Knight
post Jun 28 2005, 10:04 AM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Nice written scene there Dantrag.. :goodjob: Good work..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Jun 28 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #42

Unregistered

Wonderful job. Very nice fight scenes and good detail.

:goodjob:
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 5 2005, 04:29 AM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

minque has wored wonders. THANK YOU MINQUE!!! you get a cake. -> :cake:

enjoy.
----

Ahnaressu used the short break in the fight to wipe the sweat from his face. He was not used to fighting wizards, but was glad for the practice. Knowing what the enchantment on his sword was would help, but he would have to do without it.

Neloth came at him, his staff swinging from left to right, at a downward angle. Ahnaressu dodged the swing by diving to his right, and stabbed his katana into the opening on Neloth’s left side. Neloth cringed, but his magical shield took the brunt of the blow, so the stab caused a minor gash.

Satisfied with his hit, Ahnaressu went back on the defensive. He would let Neloth attack, and counter when he saw an opening – it had worked so far.

Neloth attacked yet again, but this time with a lightning bolt. It was quite impossible to dodge a lightning bolt, even for a warrior of Ahnaressu’s speed and agility. His electricity knocked the young ashlander to the ground, his hair standing on end.

Ahnaressu got up quickly, a bit dazed from the shock. His strategy wouldn’t work, he realized, not with lighting in the picture. Ahnaressu charged Neloth, faking a stab to his own left, and Neloth put his staff in the perfect position to defend the attack, had it been an actual stab. Instead, Ahnaressu pulled his sword back, and slashed Neloth’s left arm.

The wounds on Neloth were minor, but they hurt nonetheless. Ahnaressu noticed from his facial expressions that it caused him pain to swing his staff and move certain ways. That could be used to an extreme advantage. Neloth’s left would be an easier target than his right.

Ahnaressu jumped towards the telvanni yet again, this time, pulling a double feint. He faked left, and then right, before finally slashing Neloth’s left side again at a downward angle.

“Are you done?” Ahnaressu asked with a smirk.
“Hardly.” Neloth answered while casting another fireball Ahnaressu’s way.

Ahnaressu rolled to his left, and went at Neloth again, his sword swinging a barrier in front of him. Neloth had no idea of how to block the raging blade, so he put his staff up vertically in front of his face to offer himself some meager protection. Ahnaressu smiled as he hit the wizard’s staff with his katana and swung it around, throwing it out of Neloth’s grasp. It landed several feet away.

Ahnaressu leveled his glass blade, putting its tip against Neloth’s neck.

“I win.” He said, breathing heavily.
“Good fight.” Neloth said. “But I believe that I am the clear winner here.”
Ahnaressu understood a moment later when a daedroth put its scaly claws around his neck. Acting quickly, the ashlander flipped his sword in his hand and stabbed backwards, impaling the creature’s heart. The daedroth disappeared in a mist.

He looked back in front of him to see that Neloth had picked up his staff and was ready for more.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 5 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #44

Mage
Group Icon

Hehe cool. But when do we find out the enchantment?

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 5 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #45

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Yessss......the update is out! Great Dantrag, I love your story!

:goodjob: :goodjob:

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 5 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

[quote=LoneWolf]Hehe cool. But when do we find out the enchantment?[/quote]

patience., young Wolfie.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 7 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

Continued great fight scene. Nicely done.
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 7 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #48

Mage
Group Icon

[quote=Dantrag][quote=LoneWolf]Hehe cool. But when do we find out the enchantment?[/quote]

patience., young Wolfie.[/quote]
what's that? lol j/k biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 9 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Ahnaressu was quite angry at himself - he had Neloth beaten and threw it away. But his spells were not without limit, Ahnaressu knew, the mage's magical energies would soon be exhausted.

Neloth took a different approach than usual. Neloth was casting a spell, and Ahnaressu readied himself to dodge a fireball, or brave another lightning bolt, but instead, he found himself unable to see.

"You are blind." Neloth said casually. "Do you yield?" he asked, as if he was expecting Ahnaressu to actually give up.

Ahnaressu focused, using his ears intsead of his eyes. He swept his sword across, hoping to hit the target.

Neloth was a long way away before Ahanressu even swung his sword. "Your hearing doesn't help much." Neloth said, tauntingly.

He went to the left. Ahnaressu thought once he heard Neloth's voice, hoping maybe he could find a pettern in the telvannni councilor's movements.

He swiped his sword to the spot where he heard Neltoh last as a test. Would he go left again?

"You can do better than that I hope." Neloth said, trying to anger the young ashlander.

Ahnaressu smiled to himself. He pretended to charge the spot he heard Neloth last, but swerved to the left at the last second, connecting with Neloth's midsection. He heard the sword tear through flesh, the groan that followed, and the sound of Neloth's body falling to the ground.

"Dispel the blindness." Ahanressu said. "And I can help you."

What he saw was not what he had meant to do. The wizard's stomach was wide open, blood was pouring onto the ground out of the wound.

"Hand...me your...sword." Neloth said in a raspy, breathless voice.

When Ahnaressu did so, Neloth closed his eyes and used its magic. Ahnaressu stared wide-eyed as the wound closed, and Neloth stood up, seemingly unhurt.

Ahnaressu was glad that the mage was alive, but quite angry that he had put a healing enchantment on his sword. "You put a healing enchantment on my sword?" Ahnaressu asked incredulously.

"Not quite." Neloth answered. "It is an advanced absorb health enchantment. When you strike someone, the sword stores the bit of life that it took, whereas a normal absorbtion spell would transfer the enrgy to you immediately in the form of healing, you can use this at any time to transform the life energy into any kind of magic, because your sword will store the energy. Watch." Neloth said as he cut his hand with the blade. "I will use this energy to make your sword have a....flame enchantment." Immediately, the sword burst into flame.

Ahnaressu was more than impressed. "Wow." was all he had to say.

"I have something else for you, since you defeated me." Neloth continued. "I didn't think you would actually win, so I had actually thought to keep it for myself. but I try not to break promises I make to myself. I break ones I make to other people too much for that." he said with a chuckle as he led Ahnaressu back to his chambers in the tower of Tel Naga.

Neloth opened a large chest and pulled out a shortsword. Dwemer, by the look of it.

"This is an ancient dwemer sword. Its name is Scrib - some joke of the dwemer, no doubt." Neloth began, holding the shortsword out to Ahnaressu. "I don't know what you would use it for, since you have your own fine blade, but I felt the need to give it to you anyway."

Ahanressu accepted it. "Thanks, for the enchantment, as well as the duel." Ahnaressu said. "Especially the duel."

As he walked out the door of Tel Naga, he began thinking on what a great day it had been. He was nearly ready to exact his revenge.

-----
Enjoy. LoneWolf, I hope you aren't too disappointed with its enchantment wink.gif

and minque, I probably should have sent it to you....but I just wanted to post it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 9 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

Excellent solution to the mystery of the enchantment, as well as a most satisfying duel. Worth waiting for...
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 10 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

From here on out, my entire story is dedicated to jonajosa - one of my 2 readers. we'll miss you, jona!

------

"There you are!" Cali exclaimed when she saw Ahnaressu walk through the door of their room on the Gateway Inn. "What took you so long?"

"I had to fight Councilor Neloth as a favor." Ahnaressu explained with a chuckle.

"So we are done here?" Cali asked hopefully. She didn't have the same fascination with the town that Ahnaressu and Relgar had.

"We'll leave for the ashlands in the morning." Ahnaressu replied. "Oh, and I have something for you." he said, just remembering Scrib. He took the sword and scabbard off his belt and presented it to Cali. "This will be a little better than what you have."

She accepted the shortsword. "Where did you get this?" she asked.

"A reward for defeating Neloth." Ahnaressu answered with a smirk.

Cali stood up and began packing their meager belongings. "I'll pack while you sleep. Then we can get an early start tomorrow."

Ahnaressu didn't object. He went to sleep, and had the dream again.

"Wake up!" Cali yelled in Ahnaressu's ear while pouring a pitcher of water on his face.

Ahnaressu got up groggily, wiping water from his face. "I'm coming."

Soon enough, Cali, Relgar, and Ahnaressu were out of Sadrith Mora, on their way to the ashlands.

----

chapter 8 is officially done.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 10 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #52

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Math was not "your " subject huh? biggrin.gif I count to at least 3 reades + me!on this page only ....and don´t even mention jonajosa because then I´m gonna start crying...... sad.gif

Anyway.....You know I love your story, and i enjoy every update.....so also this one....keep writing ya hear? Ahnaressu is a lovely man......

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 11 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #53

Mage
Group Icon

very cool enchantment Dantrag biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 11 2005, 02:03 AM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Jul 10 2005, 05:43 PM)
Ahnaressu is a lovely man......

He could dump Cali for Serene wink.gif

just kidding, of course. Serene loves Trey.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 11 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #55

Mage
Group Icon

And Jonacin wink.gif
my what a tangled love life lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 11 2005, 02:11 AM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

Tell me about it.

Anyways, don't expect chapter 9 to come too soon - I still have to plan out Valnor,Nyph, and Lergo's side of the story...

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 11 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

Very well, we will wait- but don't keep us hanging too long, or there won't be any cake....

I really like the relationship you have developed with Ahnaressu and Cali, as well as Relgar. That is a factor that is usually missing from fantasy- that people have lives besides adventuring.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 15 2005, 01:25 AM
Post #58

Councilor
Group Icon

I will post the beginning of chapter 9 tonight or tomorrow, just to hold my 2 readers until I get back from vacation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 15 2005, 01:27 AM
Post #59

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Two readers? Do I not count as a reader? tongue.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 15 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

If you actually read my story, then yes, you count. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:10 PM