Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 92 93 94 95 96 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
Acadian
post Jun 5 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #1861

Paladin
Group Icon

The only way I'd likely consider the new kitty merchant & banker is if the Crown store made provisions for an 'upgrade'. I'd consider 1k Crowns to upgrade the banker to a kitty for example. Otherwise, long term, loyal players will rightfully feel rather unappreciated.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 10 2019, 02:18 PM
Post #1862

Councilor
Group Icon

I was expecting that the cats would even cost more than the original assistants, so the same price was a surprise. Since I don't have Nuhzimeh, that means Fezez competes on an equal footing. However, full price for a second one does mean I won't get both.

I'd prefer one price for function, plus a price per skin, and a lot more choices. It would be nice to have a pair of assistants that match the home they're placed in.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 10 2019, 02:35 PM
Post #1863

Paladin
Group Icon

I understand 'cognitive dissonance' to be the practice of justifying what you have as better than alternatives to make yourself feel better about what you have. So my story is that the little cat assistants would just be hard to find if summoned into the tall grass. And Buffy knows all about being hard to find in tall grass. laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 10 2019, 06:38 PM
Post #1864

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 5 2019, 02:41 PM) *

The only way I'd likely consider the new kitty merchant & banker is if the Crown store made provisions for an 'upgrade'. I'd consider 1k Crowns to upgrade the banker to a kitty for example. Otherwise, long term, loyal players will rightfully feel rather unappreciated.

Well, until I got them, I almost agreed with this. (not feeling unappreciated; but thinking they should give us the options to switch if we wanted).

But after getting them last night = I actually like having the choice of a small cat or a large human. These tiny kitties would be swallowed up in a huge place like Psijic Villa; no one would be able to find them; where as the human ones stand out and are immediately recognizable for what they do.

But take these small "Free" Inn rooms where a big banker and merchant would overwhelm the place; and the cats are a perfect compliment to the room and it is really nice having assistants in those smaller rooms!

Also, you said it below this quote; but you are very right = these cats are tiny. You can't see them following you at all; and they don't follow close at all. As much as I love running through towns with them and getting everyone to ooh and aah over them = they don't make as good followers out Adventuring as the human merchant and banker do.

So I'm glad to have the options and choices of cat or humanoid. But after I've toyed with the cats a few days; I think they will end up being installed in my smaller houses/Inn rooms/Apartments = and the humanoids won't be losing their job as my followers on the trail, lol.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 10 2019, 09:18 AM) *

I was expecting that the cats would even cost more than the original assistants, so the same price was a surprise. Since I don't have Nuhzimeh, that means Fezez competes on an equal footing. However, full price for a second one does mean I won't get both.

I'd prefer one price for function, plus a price per skin, and a lot more choices. It would be nice to have a pair of assistants that match the home they're placed in.

I bought mine for in game gold = 1.5 million gold for both of them. Expensive; but no real world money spent for them. And you are exactly right; after getting them it didn't take ten minutes to realize that having the choice of using one or the other at different situations was really going to be much better than having (just one or the other).

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 10 2019, 09:35 AM) *

I understand 'cognitive dissonance' to be the practice of justifying what you have as better than alternatives to make yourself feel better about what you have. So my story is that the little cat assistants would just be hard to find if summoned into the tall grass. And Buffy knows all about being hard to find in tall grass. laugh.gif

Buffy was right! Yes, these cats are probably better designed for house ornaments than followers. They are VERY tiny; and VERY hard to see behind you or in dungeons. (of course, I have bad eyesight; so it might be just me having trouble seeing them, lol).

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 10 2019, 06:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 10 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #1865

Paladin
Group Icon

mALX, that is a good point about the flexibility that both types of assistants can provide when it comes to housing. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 10 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #1866

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 10 2019, 01:40 PM) *

mALX, that is a good point about the flexibility that both types of assistants can provide when it comes to housing. smile.gif

Yeah, I was actually kind of shocked how small they are out in the world. They look so much bigger in the Crown Store Showcase!

But when I saw Haute's at her house sitting on top of a counter-type thing (eye level) = it looked big enough to make a great follower!

So I think it is a visual/camera issue with how close/far away they are really distorting their size in game. Because as followers, they are kind of like the size of a kitten to a real life human; but put them eye level and they are about the size of a medium dog, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 10 2019, 07:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 16 2019, 11:20 PM
Post #1867

Ancient
Group Icon

Not sure if you all heard; but supposedly Master Merchant is supposed to be no longer functional after tomorrow's patch; but the Guild History should be restored.

Not sure what I'll do without Master Merchant. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 27 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #1868

Paladin
Group Icon

Highlights of the TG/DB event coming soon:
July 2 - 15
Black Indrik first berry
Event tix from TG Heists and DB Sacraments
Double rewards on most Hews Bane / Gold Coast repeatable activities
Double mat node yield in Hews Bane / Gold Coast

Full details here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56503/

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2019, 06:51 PM
Post #1869

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 27 2019, 12:19 PM) *
Highlights of the TG/DB event coming soon:
July 2 - 15
Black Indrik first berry
Event tix from TG Heists and DB Sacraments
Double rewards on most Hews Bane / Gold Coast repeatable activities
Double mat node yield in Hews Bane / Gold Coast

Full details here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56503/

I was just reading that page; and the only thing I'm really interested in would be the Event Tickets for my Black Indirik. I might to follow someone the first day to see where we get the quests that give us the Event tickets. If I am taken there just once; I'll probably have no trouble finding it again. (hopefully, laugh.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 27 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #1870

Ancient
Group Icon

Damn, how many different Indrik mounts are they going to do, or is this a morph of the one we got last year?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 27 2019, 08:10 PM
Post #1871

Paladin
Group Icon

Basic plus four indrik variants.

Aside from the basic Nascient there is the green Dawnwood and yellow Luminous, this event will support the black Onyx and then there will be one more such event to support the last one which is a white one.

The morph evolution requirements/procedures/details make my head hurt. Lol. Here is some more info on it though - https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 28 2019, 02:19 AM
Post #1872

Master
Group Icon

I have all the berries for the last one, but not enough feathers . . .

Iā€™m not worrying too much about it though . ... much more interested in dragon hunting atm

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Jun 28 2019, 02:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2019, 04:12 AM
Post #1873

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 27 2019, 02:17 PM) *

Damn, how many different Indrik mounts are they going to do, or is this a morph of the one we got last year?

There is the original Indirik and four skins for it. Acadian gave better details on his answer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 28 2019, 07:38 PM
Post #1874

Councilor
Group Icon

So my subscription crowns are in. Do I get Nuzhimeh, or Fezez?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 28 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #1875

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 28 2019, 11:38 AM) *

I guess that could be a tough call. Ideally, you would chat with both first via grouping with others who have them and can pull them out for you.

One small consideration is the kittymerchant is harder to see/find in areas of any significant ground vegetation due to their diminished height. I mean the kittymerchant is even shorter than Buffy! wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 28 2019, 08:41 PM
Post #1876

Ancient
Group Icon

That kittymerchant is so stinkinā€™ cute though! wub.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 28 2019, 09:38 PM
Post #1877

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 28 2019, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 28 2019, 11:38 AM) *

I guess that could be a tough call. Ideally, you would chat with both first via grouping with others who have them and can pull them out for you.

One small consideration is the kittymerchant is harder to see/find in areas of any significant ground vegetation due to their diminished height. I mean the kittymerchant is even shorter than Buffy! wink.gif

Might be a good idea to wait until July's Guild Meeting, then.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 6 2019, 11:39 PM
Post #1878

Paladin
Group Icon

Next Event Tix event: Orsinium.

Highlights: 8-19 August. Black Indrik berries. Wrothgar daily WB and delve quests will each reward 2 tix. Max of two tix per day.

Additional details & specifics here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56741

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 8 2019, 11:42 PM
Post #1879

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 6 2019, 06:39 PM) *

Next Event Tix event: Orsinium.

Highlights: 8-19 August. Black Indrik berries. Wrothgar daily WB and delve quests will each reward 2 tix. Max of two tix per day.

Additional details & specifics here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56741

Does anyone know:

Is there any preliminary quests to get the dailies? And where do we pick up the dailies?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 9 2019, 12:52 AM
Post #1880

Paladin
Group Icon

Looks like:

Delves: See Guruzug - an Orc member of the Dragonstar Caravan Company found in Morkul Stronghold.

WBs: See Arzorag - an Orc found inside Skalar's Hostel, which is an inn just outside of Orsinium.

I don't think there are any prereqs for either of these dailies.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 92 93 94 95 96 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:47 AM