Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monkey's Art Folder, Featuring farts and the rare polished work.
Acadian
post Jul 15 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #41

Paladin
Group Icon

These really showcase your wonderful ability to display so much of what characters seem to be feeling and thinking by the expressions on their faces. Very expressive faces! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 18 2017, 05:37 AM
Post #42

Mouth
Group Icon

SO!

Last May was my 2-year anniversary with ESO, and though it took me a while to actually get to it, I wanted to do something special with my characters.

So I drew the Squad's first meeting in Coldharbour.

Here are the humble beginnings of A Very Small Argonian, A Very Tall Khajiit, and A Very Wide Breton.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 11 2019, 04:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 18 2017, 05:52 AM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

Those... those... colored panels!!!! They are frickin' incredible!!!!!! Khajiit means to say, all of your work is extremely well done... but those colored panels!!!!! Just amazing!!!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 18 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

I have to agree with Khajiit! I absolutely LOVE the cartoons, but those colored panels are outstanding! Holy Cow do you ever have talent!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 18 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #45

Paladin
Group Icon

You do indeed have a wonderful talent to bring Jo, Hates and Eolan to life! As as others have said, those color ones are pure awesomesauce! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 19 2017, 04:21 AM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks, all. I stalled opening this thread so I could open with this but geeze did I take my sweet time on it. At least it's done and out. I was thinking of following it up with an "abstract anime" (read: wordless comic) version of their adventures in Alliance lands and Coldharbour but I reckon I'll be done with the main quest in 10 years if I did. Maybe some highlights from their adventures.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 19 2017, 04:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 19 2017, 04:56 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 18 2017, 10:21 PM) *

I was thinking of following it up with an "abstract anime" (read: wordless comic) version of their adventures in Alliance lands and Coldharbour but I reckon I'll be done with the main quest in 10 years if I did. Maybe some highlights from their adventures.

Please do! Khajiit would love to see this!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 20 2017, 01:22 AM
Post #48

Mouth
Group Icon

I already have some in mind but who knows when I'll get to them lol

Anyways, have some drawings that were originally part of the previous group that I ended up scrapping.
I wanted to finish it off with a group shot but I wasn't really feeling this and I really just wanted to focus on the original 3 (though in the end i feel like I could have done better). So it never happened. Maybe I will redraw this one in the future and finish it. idk

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 21 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Happy 2 year anniversary! monkey, these are fabulous. What a marvelous way to celebrate your characters! I love seeing the progress shots as well as the gorgeous colored panels. The comic with Hates sprinting past Eolan makes me grin. Thank you for sharing these!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 23 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #50

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks, Grtis. I'm just glad I stuck through to the end. :V

Anyways, here's something a little more self-indulgent than normal.

All of Alois's potential marriage candidates were Nords so this would be the outcome regardless of who he married. Roggi Knot-Beard had much more going for him so he was the one he ended up with. Although he usually sticks to calling Alois "[his] Lion" for his own sake.

I'm also constantly reminded that they wear the same outfit. Maybe I should redesign Alois's a little.

I dropped it for a while in favor of EarthBound Beginnings but I played a bit of Skyrim recently, mostly starting a new game with Alois to try out new mods. Might go back to Oblivion for a while before I return.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 23 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 23 2017, 03:37 PM) *

IPB Image

All of Alois's potential marriage candidates were Nords so this would be the outcome regardless of who he married. Roggi Knot-Beard had much more going for him so he was the one he ended up with. Although he usually sticks to calling Alois "[his] Lion" for his own sake.

I'm also constantly reminded that they wear the same outfit. Maybe I should redesign Alois's a little.

I dropped it for a while in favor of EarthBound Beginnings but I played a bit of Skyrim recently, mostly starting a new game with Alois to try out new mods. Might go back to Oblivion for a while before I return.

Lol, those pics are hilarious! You can't call a Breton "small"! They are like those little dogs that act like they are the biggest dog in the room!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 23 2017, 09:45 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 25 2017, 02:51 AM
Post #52

Mouth
Group Icon

Alois is at least a little more self-aware, but it's still easy to tease him about it.

Fun fact! When I first started TES I was convinced Bretons and Nords were the exact same height! This is mostly due to Arena describing them both as a "tall" race, with only the hair colors differing (I played a bit of Arena before my 360 copy of Oblivion arrived).

Like, after playing a while with a Breton I rolled an Imperial and though "Wow, he is so small!" That should give you an idea how much I believed it.

Then I learned that Imperials were the exact same height Breton men: the "default" height setting of 1. Oops. (It also includes Dunmer, Khajiit men, and Bosmer, Redguard and Argonian women)

It's also why the ESO Squad have varying heights. They'd be the same height otherwise. :V

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 25 2017, 06:48 AM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 24 2017, 08:51 PM) *

Alois is at least a little more self-aware, but it's still easy to tease him about it.

Fun fact! When I first started TES I was convinced Bretons and Nords were the exact same height! This is mostly due to Arena describing them both as a "tall" race, with only the hair colors differing (I played a bit of Arena before my 360 copy of Oblivion arrived).

Like, after playing a while with a Breton I rolled an Imperial and though "Wow, he is so small!" That should give you an idea how much I believed it.

Then I learned that Imperials were the exact same height Breton men: the "default" height setting of 1. Oops. (It also includes Dunmer, Khajiit men, and Bosmer, Redguard and Argonian women)

It's also why the ESO Squad have varying heights. They'd be the same height otherwise. :V

Haha yeah Khajiit used to think it was amusing playing as a Breton female and then find and look down on the Bosmer males laugh.gif

Love how in ESO you can alter the height of your characters!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 25 2017, 06:48 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 25 2017, 10:52 AM
Post #54

Mouth
Group Icon

tbh I actually miss Bosmer men being the smallest playable race. I thought it gave them charm. I dunno, I guess Skyrim had a good reason to make them almost as tall as the women. (.98 I think?)

I guess that makes Breton and Khajiit women the smallest now.

Anyways, yeah! The best part about ESO's character creator is that it lends to more diversity and realism to everyone. I say this every chance I get: bring it to the main games.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 25 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 25 2017, 04:52 AM) *

I say this every chance I get: bring it to the main games.

Honestly Khajiit has no idea why they didn't have an ESO style character creator in Fallout4. Well, actually this one supposes that the focus was on the face constructor. Still, mods prove that tweaking the individual body sections can be done too.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 25 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 19 2017, 08:22 PM) *

I already have some in mind but who knows when I'll get to them lol

Anyways, have some drawings that were originally part of the previous group that I ended up scrapping.

IPB Image
Basically I was making more to give context to the colored images then decided that was dumb so I stopped.

IPB Image
I wanted to finish it off with a group shot but I wasn't really feeling this and I really just wanted to focus on the original 3 (though in the end i feel like I could have done better). So it never happened. Maybe I will redraw this one in the future and finish it. idk

I love both of these! Always love the skit ones that have a theme because you manage to get some real emotions in their expressions! Love the second because I recognize them from in game; and it looks like they are about to go out on an adventure!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 23 2017, 04:37 PM) *

IPB Image

I love this one for the same reason as Khajiit - Breton men are like miniature bull dogs, or banty roosters; rollinglaugh.gif What a great combo of bravado these two will make, (Nord and Breton, like sticking two male lions in a sack and letting them duke it out, lol). Awesome!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 24 2017, 09:51 PM) *

Yes, I modded my Khajiit in Oblivion to make her petite - didn't want her to be as tall as the tall men.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 25 2017, 05:52 AM) *

tbh I actually miss Bosmer men being the smallest playable race. I thought it gave them charm. I dunno, I guess Skyrim had a good reason to make them almost as tall as the women. (.98 I think?)

Anyways, yeah! The best part about ESO's character creator is that it lends to more diversity and realism to everyone. I say this every chance I get: bring it to the main games.

Yes! I have seen men with beer guts and paunch! And Acadian's Buffy is so tiny that even my short Mia towers over her! Love that you can really customize in ESO!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 31 2017, 05:03 AM
Post #57

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 25 2017, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 19 2017, 08:22 PM) *

IPB Image

I love both of these! Always love the skit ones that have a theme because you manage to get some real emotions in their expressions! Love the second because I recognize them from in game; and it looks like they are about to go out on an adventure!

They also reference the Soul Shriven costume image. biggrin.gif
I've been wanting to make a parody for a while now. Same with this Imperial City image. (Though I remember the EP one having dual axes? Guess I was wrong. Checking the screenshot i made from release confirms this lol)

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 24 2017, 09:51 PM) *

Yes, I modded my Khajiit in Oblivion to make her petite - didn't want her to be as tall as the tall men.

Luckily, by default Khajiit women in Oblivion are only taller than Bosmer men. But apparently Breton women are daintier. :V I love looking at game values, tbh. I also learned that Bosmer men are pretty burly in spite of their height, a trait shared only by male Nords, Orcs and Argonians. (Their weight surpasses height, making them look stockier) That discovery and Brodras' comments (they're true!...proportionally) led to Deleras' creation in Skyrim.

Course height/weight settings have never been TOO consistent. For example, back in Morrowind Imperial men were a little more buff than women (1.05 and .95) where in Oblivion they were both at a weight of 1. Dunmer were less dainty than in Oblivion, too. Then there's Bosmer men's height being increased in Skyrim while weight is entirely up to the player. Which brings me to...

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 25 2017, 05:52 AM) *

Yes! I have seen men with beer guts and paunch! And Acadian's Buffy is so tiny that even my short Mia towers over her! Love that you can really customize in ESO!

It's the best! Being able to manipulate specific body parts outside of the face is also great. I gave Jo'zira witch hands and wide hips to go with his lankiness, and Eolan has big EVERYTHING (which is bad for delicate work so whoops) except for his average height, while Hates is a runt all around.

Not only does it lend to better character customization, it makes the world feel less game-y. In games before Skyrim EVERYONE in the same race/gender group was identical in terms of body shape. Which made people having a moniker like "The Portly" somehow have an adventurer's body instead of being, well, portly.

But then Skyrim just gave NPCs a variety of frames which helped somewhat, but regardless of weight men were always ridiculously ripped. It made playing what was supposed to be a waifish Khajiit necromancer awkward, not gonna lie. I like to pretend it was all fur fluff. It also forced me to change Alois's appearance. (Which I planned to illustrate eventually) But then that was also because EVERYONE had to be horribly weathered because reasons. Even people who'd have reasonable access to things like regular skincare.

idk now i'm just complaining about past Elder Scrolls games. Point is i love that FO4 brought in the body triangle with a robust face editor and I hope that it means TES VI will have most if not all of ESO's sliders.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 31 2017, 05:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 31 2017, 05:20 AM
Post #58

Mouth
Group Icon

Also have this cube, which I posted before but it hadn't shown up here.

I just...really appreciate how cube-like[/url] Eolan is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 31 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #59

Paladin
Group Icon

Heh, even in just a shirt and pants, Eolen looks like a tank! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 31 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

Alois and Roggi! wub.gif I was under the impression from playing Oblivion that Bretons were taller than Imperials, so Skyrim heights were a surprise. I ended up making my own tweak mod to make Bretons taller and Bosmers shorter.

I am another fan of the ESO body customizer. I have seen just about every flavor represented in the game, except no one seems to make chubby female wood elves. laugh.gif

I love the contrast between Eolan, Hates, and Jo’zira’s appearances. Even Eolan’s facial hair makes a cube!

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:28 AM