Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
mALX
post Mar 30 2017, 03:12 AM
Post #201

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 29 2017, 09:51 PM) *

Welp, another attempt at fixing up Strident Springs Demense ended in tears. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I THINK I want the kitchen in the east wing but that terrible cooking station makes life hell. I also attempted to put it in that little square area and got it looking really neat but again, sabotaged by the cooking station from hell.

I also got started on the "workshops." Much less convenient, tbh, but ~aesthetic~
Blacksmith's next to the entrance, carpentry's in front of the house, near the fake windows (seriously the exterior does NOT match the interior), and tailor's is on the second floor around the enchanter's. Alchemy laboratory is in the nook (in front of the eventual dye station).

Jesus.

(They're also gonna move out soon)

Truth be told I'm probably going to nix the "crafting hall" idea and move that to another place.

That cooking station is awful. I SO wish they would use those clay ovens like the Inn in Belkarth has!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Apr 8 2017, 11:58 PM
Post #202

Mouth
Group Icon

Made big progress with the kitchen today, really pleased with the way it's going.

Lowered a section of the ceiling so I can hang up some stuff (beet string, snakes on a rope etc.) and made a little storage area in the process - looks like a nice little pantry area. Also got some stone blocks in and made a cooking area, raising the khajiit firepit off the ground so it looks like something people would actually use now.

Had a minor issue when I realised I'd been decorating as Cirinwe, and what she considers an 'appropriate height' for objects is about a foot higher than anyone else can reach. Whoops. tongue.gif

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 28 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #203

Mouth
Group Icon

Though I'm still missing a few pieces I feel like I'm ready to start furnishing the individual houses in preparation for the Squad finally moving out of the crafting house (it'll only happen after I finish the IC stations. So soonish)

I did an okay job with Ruben's Rosy Lion Room, though he still has 3 slots to fill in. Since he lives in an inn, he doesn't really need much in there so idk. Now that I have a bit of confidence (and a lot of options) I feel like I can get started on the medium houses.

...but as I started work on Ravenhurst I realized I'm out of Heartwood and the most generous listing I've seen is @200g each. Welp, I guess I'll just die. :V

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Apr 28 2017, 10:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 3 2017, 05:07 AM
Post #204

Mouth
Group Icon

I spent at least an hour redecorating Strident Springs Demense (again) and decided that I would stick to Breton-style furnishings to try and capture the Imperial look. Because Imperial furniture is just Breton in a darker color and with slightly different knotwork. Will the Cultural Appropriation end?

I ended up using all the Heartwood I'd harvested but at least the downstairs actually looks lived in. I just need a few more touches, figure out what to do with the corner near the stairs, and the second half of the outer hallway of the second floor and I'm done. For now.

I'm waiting on getting the Khajiit Vacation Tent before I start decorating the exterior. I'll probably make due with the other Tents if I have to, but I wonder if it'll cause the same problem with the crafting stations becoming unusuable until placed again. I know for sure the Imperial City stations are all going in the tower, though.

That aside, I sort of questioned why the first floor is mostly Breton instead of the blend I wanted earlier, and I decided it's Eolan establishing his dominance as the sole parental unit of the household. The Hearth is his. And his first mandate is that if one is to drink tea, it'll be done like civilized folk. Even if he has to knock that wooden mug out of Hates' hands.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 3 2017, 05:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 3 2017, 05:25 AM
Post #205

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 2 2017, 11:07 PM) *

And his first mandate is that if one is to drink tea, it'll be done like civilized folk. Even if he has to knock that wooden mug out of Hates' hands.

Yes, very civilized! Lol

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 4 2017, 03:52 AM
Post #206

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 2 2017, 11:25 PM) *

And his first mandate is that if one is to drink tea, it'll be done like civilized folk. Even if he has to knock that wooden mug out of Hates' hands.

Yes, very civilized! Lol

He cares a lot about proper table manners and eating etiquette, tyvm

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 4 2017, 04:13 AM
Post #207

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 3 2017, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 2 2017, 11:25 PM) *

Yes, very civilized! Lol

Khajiit bets he does Victorian Era style pugilistic fisticuffs too!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 4 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #208

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Apr 8 2017, 06:58 PM) *

Made big progress with the kitchen today, really pleased with the way it's going.

Lowered a section of the ceiling so I can hang up some stuff (beet string, snakes on a rope etc.) and made a little storage area in the process - looks like a nice little pantry area. Also got some stone blocks in and made a cooking area, raising the khajiit firepit off the ground so it looks like something people would actually use now.

Had a minor issue when I realised I'd been decorating as Cirinwe, and what she considers an 'appropriate height' for objects is about a foot higher than anyone else can reach. Whoops. tongue.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 4 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #209

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 3 2017, 12:07 AM) *

I spent at least an hour redecorating Strident Springs Demense (again) and decided that I would stick to Breton-style furnishings to try and capture the Imperial look. Because Imperial furniture is just Breton in a darker color and with slightly different knotwork. Will the Cultural Appropriation end?

I ended up using all the Heartwood I'd harvested but at least the downstairs actually looks lived in. I just need a few more touches, figure out what to do with the corner near the stairs, and the second half of the outer hallway of the second floor and I'm done. For now.

I'm waiting on getting the Khajiit Vacation Tent before I start decorating the exterior. I'll probably make due with the other Tents if I have to, but I wonder if it'll cause the same problem with the crafting stations becoming unusuable until placed again. I know for sure the Imperial City stations are all going in the tower, though.

That aside, I sort of questioned why the first floor is mostly Breton instead of the blend I wanted earlier, and I decided it's Eolan establishing his dominance as the sole parental unit of the household. The Hearth is his. And his first mandate is that if one is to drink tea, it'll be done like civilized folk. Even if he has to knock that wooden mug out of Hates' hands.

rollinglaugh.gif - And you are right about the Breton vs Imperial furniture - I noticed that too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 5 2017, 03:16 AM
Post #210

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 3 2017, 10:13 PM) *

If only it were possible :T

Anyways, complaint of the day is why give you bare bookshelves to fill with useable lore books if you can't read the books after you put them in? At least, the Khajiit ones do that. Guess I'll just fill them with dummy bookstacks and rows for now.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 5 2017, 03:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 5 2017, 03:36 AM
Post #211

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 4 2017, 09:16 PM) *

Anyways, complaint of the day is why give you bare bookshelves to fill with useable lore books if you can't read the books after you put them in? At least, the Khajiit ones do that. Guess I'll just fill them with dummy bookstacks and rows for now.

That's poopy. Khajiit never asked, but do trunks and what not allow you to put stuff in them?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 5 2017, 04:39 AM
Post #212

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 5 2017, 03:16 AM) *

Any interactable object (books, lights etc.) becomes unusable if it's within another item's hitbox. Same thing happens to some objects in windowsills. The Inn rooms are a good example - put something too close to the window and you can even pick it up again. I put a Dark Brotherhood skull light in Tsarakiri's room the other day but it can't be used unless it floats a few inches away from the wall.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 5 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #213

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 4 2017, 10:16 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 3 2017, 10:13 PM) *

And don't forget to mention that those readable books we can buy with gold are larger than the given shelf area in most of those bookshelves = don't fit the shelves properly for placement.

BOLD: And Surprise! You can only get those neat placeable stacks of books via the Crown Store, unless I'm mistaken about that! I haven't found them for sale or the plans to craft those stacks anywhere.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 4 2017, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 4 2017, 09:16 PM) *

That's poopy. Khajiit never asked, but do trunks and what not allow you to put stuff in them?

Only if they are open. I got the recipe for open baskets instead of closed, so I can place items in them. Open shelved dressers are better to get than closed dressers if you want to place items there. But if you mean storage, the answer is a flat no.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 5 2017, 03:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 6 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #214

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, there are a ton of issues with the objects' hitboxes, particularly the canopy beds sans the Dunmer one. It's a lot more glaring for the bookshelves for the reason I mentioned. Luckily I bought a ton of dummy bookrows to fill them in, and Jo'zira's the type of person to leave books everywhere anyways.

On the subject, the interior of Sleek Creek House is nearly finished. Just need an enchanting station and maybe some curtains. Next is the exterior, which consists of a "kitchen" and a clothier workshop. The workshop's probably going to be a while, since all I could think of using aside from the clothier station is the basket of cloth and maybe some tables.

I turned Moonmirth into a spare furniture storage shed, Humblemud into a pretend treasure hoard for Hates, and Captain Margaux's house...is an actual house. idk, no one actually lives there, but I've been thinking of moving Ruben to it just so he could be closer to the bank and most of the crating stations. The starting towns have the worst layout in this regard tbh, Daggerfall being the absolute worst. Go from one end of the city to the other just for writs.

Next project, aside from furnishing the beast that is Strident Springs, is filling out the Ample Domicile with furniture. I regret not buying some of the freakier plants for Hates alchemy garden. although figuring out where that will go will also be a challenge

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 6 2017, 05:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 6 2017, 07:32 PM
Post #215

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 6 2017, 12:53 PM) *

Yeah, there are a ton of issues with the objects' hitboxes, particularly the canopy beds sans the Dunmer one. It's a lot more glaring for the bookshelves for the reason I mentioned. Luckily I bought a ton of dummy bookrows to fill them in, and Jo'zira's the type of person to leave books everywhere anyways.

On the subject, the interior of Sleek Creek House is nearly finished. Just need an enchanting station and maybe some curtains. Next is the exterior, which consists of a "kitchen" and a clothier workshop. The workshop's probably going to be a while, since all I could think of using aside from the clothier station is the basket of cloth and maybe some tables.

I turned Moonmirth into a spare furniture storage shed, Humblemud into a pretend treasure hoard for Hates, and Captain Margaux's house...is an actual house. idk, no one actually lives there, but I've been thinking of moving Ruben to it just so he could be closer to the bank and most of the crating stations. The starting towns have the worst layout in this regard tbh, Daggerfall being the absolute worst. Go from one end of the city to the other just for writs.

Next project, aside from furnishing the beast that is Strident Springs, is filling out the Ample Domicile with furniture. I regret not buying some of the freakier plants for Hates alchemy garden. although figuring out where that will go will also be a challenge

Grrrr, how did you get that ton of dummy books!!!! *mALX stomps back and forth in front of 10 empty book shelves*

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 6 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #216

Councilor
Group Icon

Warrior Barbie Dreamhouse nails it. I’ve swung between delight at having spaces to decorate and annoyance over the tedious process to fill them. It seems that materials are dropping a little more frequently now, or maybe I’m just hopeful.

Jerric bought the Cyrodiil Jungle House and declared it The Love Shack. laugh.gif It has art on the walls, wine, a pile of furs in front of the fire, and comfortable accommodations for the horses. He seems to be satisfied. I guess it’s up to Elke and Pog to decorate the Elinhir house with actual furniture.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 6 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #217

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh my. Jerric's Love Shack has everything needed, it seems, for attracting wood elves. . . . tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 6 2017, 11:32 PM
Post #218

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 6 2017, 04:51 PM) *

Warrior Barbie Dreamhouse nails it. I’ve swung between delight at having spaces to decorate and annoyance over the tedious process to fill them. It seems that materials are dropping a little more frequently now, or maybe I’m just hopeful.

Jerric bought the Cyrodiil Jungle House and declared it The Love Shack. laugh.gif It has art on the walls, wine, a pile of furs in front of the fire, and comfortable accommodations for the horses. He seems to be satisfied. I guess it’s up to Elke and Pog to decorate the Elinhir house with actual furniture.

Bwaahaa! Sounds like a bachelor pad to me, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 7 2017, 01:02 AM
Post #219

Mouth
Group Icon

Definitelly sounds like a love shack, but love for whom is still up in the air. Self-care is lusting over a perfect, virtual house.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 7 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #220

Mouth
Group Icon

Thinking too hard about houses and pets made me realize that none of them have doors separating the rooms...

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:35 AM