Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 7 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #221

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 7 2017, 04:04 PM) *

Thinking too hard about houses and pets made me realize that none of them have doors separating the rooms...

Lol, one reason Khajiit likes Mira's Ebony Flask Room; it's simple! The other reason is that it was free!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 8 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #222

Mouth
Group Icon

I wanted to give Eolan a nice, well-stocked kitchen in Ravenhurst for provisioning but remembered that he has 2 demons cats in his home that is basically one huge, open box. A cat's jumping powers are too strong, leaving his stores of food left out in the open defenseless.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 8 2017, 12:45 PM
Post #223

Councilor
Group Icon

Darnand’s Ravenhurst is presently furnished mostly with cats. I’m considering closing in the space under the stairs for a pantry. Hopefully his magical experiments are noxious enough to keep them off his work tables.

Accommodating pets is a housing priority. Food bowls and water bowls were the first things Jerric put in his room at the Flask. Pog made a bed for his daedrat before he made his own. And at The Love Shack, Jerric put the dog outside. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 8 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #224

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy has a house pixe (nyxad) to look after Snugpod - air it out on nice days, dust & clean, keep the fires lit, etc.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 8 2017, 01:14 PM
Post #225

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 7 2017, 05:04 PM) *

Thinking too hard about houses and pets made me realize that none of them have doors separating the rooms...

Wanting to keep the dog and cat separated while you are away so it doesn't become a "Sylvester and Tweety" fiasco in your absence? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: May 8 2017, 01:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 9 2017, 06:23 AM
Post #226

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 8 2017, 06:45 AM) *

Darnand’s Ravenhurst is presently furnished mostly with cats. I’m considering closing in the space under the stairs for a pantry. Hopefully his magical experiments are noxious enough to keep them off his work tables.

Accommodating pets is a housing priority. Food bowls and water bowls were the first things Jerric put in his room at the Flask. Pog made a bed for his daedrat before he made his own. And at The Love Shack, Jerric put the dog outside. laugh.gif

Me too, honestly. Mostly for Eolan's plentiful stores of meat and fish. Cured until I find the gold-level hanging game that may or may not exist. I figure the cats wouldn't be too interested in the baskets and crates of fruit and vegetables and I like where i have them now so those are exempt. :U (Although I did plan on building it near the fire place where they are placed. Assuming I find the right pieces, but since no door exist...)
Though I guess so long as the kitties are happy and well-fed, no extra snacking will happen. Maybe. One of them does seem unusually drawn to sweets for an obligate carnivore.

This all started because I was unwilling to put a poison cabinet next to the Guar. Who would most likely eat it all and die.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 9 2017, 06:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 11 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #227

Mouth
Group Icon

So today I went a-peeping at the houses of people on my friends list (mostly made up of people I used to run Dungeons and other group content with that haven't unfriended me and are still active so I haven't unfriended them) and it's honestly one of the better ideas I've had.

I've also realized how much I've been ignoring the exterior of my houses and how great some of the achievement furniture is. I sort of want to get a subscription just so I can decorate my houses better.

Anyways, SSD looks less dead and I'm starting to slowly fill it with Khajiit and Argonian stuff to balance out the Breton parts and fill in some of the "empty" spots. I'm at 20 slots open now. Yeesh, time to start removing plants.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 12 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #228

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah some of the achievement stuff is great. I have a big list of stuff that I liked the look of, and their prices, in my notebook for quick reference.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 14 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #229

Mouth
Group Icon

It can get a little upsetting sometimes, though. I'd really like to have that coin pile you get for the Black Market Mogul achievement, but Hates isnt' anywhere near getting it. I think the Abah's Landing pile might be bigger so I'll probably just use that.

Anyways, maybe it's because it looks passable now, but I don't have that great of an urge to decorate Strident Springs anymore. I might change up the furniture but pretty much everything seems to be in its place now. I'll have to find something better to serve as Eolan's nap couch, though. Both the Khajiit and Redguard couches look uncomfortable to lie in for an extended period. Any other furniture added will most likely just be things like clutter or the little hangout near the waterfall. (and a canopy for the woodworking stations)

Dunno if I'm going to make use of the spots in the back. Might make a second area for crafting stations if I ever get any more (most likely the Guild sets). But I only have like 15 spots open. Hm.

In other houses, Eolan's also looking fine, though I wish I could spice up his forge a little. I'm waiting on some kind of placeable forge to come from either the luxury vendor or even the crown store if I have to. In Strident Springs I'm using an Orcish brazier to hold its place. Might do the same there.

Though I said the interior was now good, I'm thinking of making Jo's a lot more ~magical~. So far I have a sigil stone floating in front of a bookcase and a massive black soul gem nearby. Needs more shiny things. I also learned that using shelves other than Khajiit or Nord make for interesting bookcases by laying a single book flat in one shelf to make it readable.

As for Hates, I don't think she'll spend too much time in the Ample Domicile, preferring Humblemud, so I haven't done much work on the former. I was thinking of making it mostly a carpenter workshop/alchemy lab, but now I'm thinking of moving the woodworking stuff outside again. I finally found something that would work as a wood rack (Orcish Shelves, Storage) and I think it'll take up too much space.

I'll have to take screenshots once I'm happy with the look cause the Squad's individual houses can't be visited. :V

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 14 2017, 05:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 15 2017, 12:46 AM
Post #230

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 14 2017, 12:15 PM) *

It can get a little upsetting sometimes, though. I'd really like to have that coin pile you get for the Black Market Mogul achievement, but Hates isnt' anywhere near getting it. I think the Abah's Landing pile might be bigger so I'll probably just use that.

Anyways, maybe it's because it looks passable now, but I don't have that great of an urge to decorate Strident Springs anymore. I might change up the furniture but pretty much everything seems to be in its place now. I'll have to find something better to serve as Eolan's nap couch, though. Both the Khajiit and Redguard couches look uncomfortable to lie in for an extended period. Any other furniture added will most likely just be things like clutter or the little hangout near the waterfall. (and a canopy for the woodworking stations)

Dunno if I'm going to make use of the spots in the back. Might make a second area for crafting stations if I ever get any more (most likely the Guild sets). But I only have like 15 spots open. Hm.

In other houses, Eolan's also looking fine, though I wish I could spice up his forge a little. I'm waiting on some kind of placeable forge to come from either the luxury vendor or even the crown store if I have to. In Strident Springs I'm using an Orcish brazier to hold its place. Might do the same there.

Though I said the interior was now good, I'm thinking of making Jo's a lot more ~magical~. So far I have a sigil stone floating in front of a bookcase and a massive black soul gem nearby. Needs more shiny things. I also learned that using shelves other than Khajiit or Nord make for interesting bookcases by laying a single book flat in one shelf to make it readable.

As for Hates, I don't think she'll spend too much time in the Ample Domicile, preferring Humblemud, so I haven't done much work on the former. I was thinking of making it mostly a carpenter workshop/alchemy lab, but now I'm thinking of moving the woodworking stuff outside again. I finally found something that would work as a wood rack (Orcish Shelves, Storage) and I think it'll take up too much space.

I'll have to take screenshots once I'm happy with the look cause the Squad's individual houses can't be visited. :V

Agree with you on those couches not looking very comfortable. The only really comfy looking couch is that Redguard really cushiony one (with the matching tuffet) that you can't sit on. (grrrrr!) I have written them several requests for that puffy looking couch to be sit-able, but so far no response. The day they make it usable, I will change out all my couches for that one in a heartbeat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 15 2017, 01:20 AM
Post #231

Mouth
Group Icon

I know which one you mean. I was thinking of using two or more to make a little comfy area in the corner. I was actually going to use it in the place of the other couches before I realized you can't sit on them at all. :T

At least you can sorta sleep on them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 18 2017, 12:15 AM
Post #232

Mouth
Group Icon

(copied from the accidental post in the guild thread)

Thanks to Misa, Hates got a poison cabinet for her alchemy lab in Strident Springs a lot earlier than she thought and it was discovered that both the cabinet and the nearby shelf are too high for her to reach. She got a stool so she doesn't have to call on Jo all the time.

I also added a few things to Sleek Creek, mostly some curtains and a little dining area in the exterior. Tried to make the clothier workshop a little more presentable, too. Only part I don't really know what to do with is the porch. From above it looks like it's collapsing, but the lower area of the structure looks fine? Either way, I would avoid the corner near the pool. I set down a tea table and a sofa near the door. All that's left is magical trinkets for Jo's enchanting lab.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 1 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #233

Mouth
Group Icon

Quick question: am I able to rebind the key that handles the Housing Editor? Because my F5 key does something completely different and it will not go into the Housing Editor.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 1 2017, 11:18 PM
Post #234

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jun 1 2017, 02:15 PM) *

Quick question: am I able to rebind the key that handles the Housing Editor? Because my F5 key does something completely different and it will not go into the Housing Editor.

Khajiit was looking at the bindings the other day and there was one for housing editor. Haven't messed with it though, as we use a XB360 controller.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 1 2017, 11:18 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 15 2017, 06:08 AM
Post #235

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 1 2017, 06:18 PM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jun 1 2017, 02:15 PM) *

Khajiit was looking at the bindings the other day and there was one for housing editor. Haven't messed with it though, as we use a XB360 controller.

It is defaulted at F5 on my game (keyboard, no controller). So (Rader) - if you use the controller = could offset some default bindings.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 15 2017, 06:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 13 2018, 04:55 AM
Post #236

Mouth
Group Icon

lmao whoops post incoming

Anyways I don't think I ever showed off the Squad's individual houses so eh, here's what we got so far. (Yeah, I used the furnished versions as a base, though I bought them unfurnished with gold)

Ample Domicile - Hates-White-Rats

The Entrance!
The Riding Guar in their stable. (I can't even remember the name she gave it.)
Basking Pond, Fish Not Included
Somewhat Bare Woodworking Hut
And a Quiet Worktable
The Food Room, on the right of the house.
The Alchemy Laboratory, on the left across from it.
A lovely poison cabinet next to some less volatile substances.
The bed room, between them at the end of the house.
Itzli

Ravenhurst - Eolan

Ground Floor
Nap Couch
Dinner Table
Chef's Kitchen
Behind the Counter
Pantry (the cats will sometimes get into it)
Food Bowls
Litter Box
Indoor Armory (needs more things aside from the hammer, imo)
Babies (Left to right: Sugarfiend and Winceslaus; please don't give a ball of yarn to a cat irl)
Bed
Desk
Outdoor Kitchen (Because there are no indoor provisioning stations :v)
Training Area/Garden (for when he can't go to the mountains, there were more rocks and a hammer earlier, gotta figure this area out; also yeah I've taken this before but the lighting was better and also you can actually see his emote)
Forge (""forge"" Needs the most work.)

Sleek Creek House - Jo'zira
Tibbins is supposed to sleep here, but he doesn't.
This is an eating station, I think. For when friends come over!
This thing!
My Workstation. For armor and clothes and sometimes other things.
The tea area.
GREASE (I...completely forgot that I didn't actually take this screenshot and I had to log back in to get it. It was no longer sunny lmao)
My OTHER workstation. For glyphs and sometimes other things.
Gems.
These things.
Desk
My bed. Tibbins uses it because I don't sleep. But sometimes I do.
A nice reading couch. Very comfy.
More books! They're everywhere because it's hard to read them from the shelves.

(I think as far as Jo'zira's concerned, he only needs a bit of clutter in the exterior and he's all set)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jan 13 2018, 04:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 13 2018, 05:44 AM
Post #237

Ancient
Group Icon

I am totally floored by how you were able to get stuff into the shelves that wy! Awesome decorating on all the houses!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 13 2018, 02:15 PM
Post #238

Ancient
Group Icon

*Sigh* Khajiit wishes they would release a raven non-com pet. This one would love a raven to just sit around Autumn’s Gate.

Nice work on the houses Monkey!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 13 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #239

Paladin
Group Icon

Great work, Monkey! It is such fun seeing what folks do with the houses. I love Jo's shinies and that he has a tea area.

Here's Buffy at her writing desk in Snugpod. As you can see, everything is too big for her. . . but she is used to that. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 15 2018, 02:34 AM
Post #240

Mouth
Group Icon

I forget those nicely framed Vvardenfell paintings exist. Fits nicely, tbh.

Anyways, I just remembered that the reason I never really went all in with clutter is because i wasn't sure if I would have enough space left over for other things I wanted in the houses. I think now that I pretty much have what I wanted I can just...finish things up? idk (It's why I really like how the interior of Jo'zira's house turned out. It looks lived-in, with all the books and the papers and the knick-knacks thrown around everywhere)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jan 15 2018, 02:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:25 AM