Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jiub's Fate Revealed!, Relax Mods, this IS related to Oblivion.
Black Hand
post May 13 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Well, there I was just getting ready to kill Telandrial in Leyawiin during the the Purification Quest, then she suddenly decides to open up a conversation with a Guard:

G: Have you heard any news from the other provinces?

T: The Oblivion Gates have opened everywhere! Even St Jiub who drove the Cliff Racers from Vvardenfell has fallen to the Daedric Hordes!

G: Let us hope this Crisis is over soon!

Ah Ha!! So Jiub is a Saint who got rid of those annoying squakers!! At least he did not die in obscurity! So too all those threads Ive read speculating on Jiubs fate rest easy now...and no I'm not making this up. Even i have wondered what became of the first kind person I met in Morrowind.

Now then,...post your thoughts, or Azura will kill a Guar for every "thread viewed" without a response....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 13 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

i hate Guars anyway... Juib ain't so nice, he woke me up just as the dream got good sad.gif

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 13 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

You posted a spoiler. Spoilers are a big nono.gif in this section. You maybe just spoiled somebody's game enjoyment.

Well, that kind of conversation can be heard form normal people everywhere. You can also hear that Nerevarine has gone to Akavir, and other news from Morrowind.

This post has been edited by HyPN0: May 13 2006, 10:01 PM

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Joryn
post May 13 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #4

Agent

Yeah I noticed this. Its kind of a little relief I suppose. Part of me certainly wasnt happy to hear the "Nerevarine's story". Why the smeg would he go to Akavir? Still I cant blame Beth really, they saved me the trouble of whining "Where the hell is the Nerevarine? He could close these gates blindfolded with both hands tied to his british boat!". Smart move really, Im a little peeved, but I can see the sense behind it.

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 13 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Joryn @ May 13 2006, 10:22 PM)
Smart move really, Im a little peeved, but I can see the sense behind it.

Maybe a part of plot for TES V?

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 13 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ May 13 2006, 10:02 PM)
T: The Oblivion Gates have opened everywhere! Even St Jiub who drove the Cliff Racers from Vvardenfell has fallen to the Daedric Hordes!

Aha! Well I hope the cliff racers haven't flown off to somewhere where we could meet them again. I hate cliff racers! tongue.gif

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 13 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olav @ May 14 2006, 12:21 AM)
Aha! Well I hope the cliff racers haven't flown off to somewhere where we could meet them again. I hate cliff racers!  tongue.gif

user posted image

Aren't they a beauty? tongue.gif

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 13 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

AAAARGHH!!! blink.gif

Edit: Btw I see I mistyped that last post. I meant of course that I hoped the cliff races HAD flown off to some place we wouldn't meet them again...

This post has been edited by Olav: May 13 2006, 11:48 PM

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post May 13 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 14 2006, 12:24 AM)
user posted image

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 14 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ May 14 2006, 12:55 AM)
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess that Jiub didn't do his job very well!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
The Ascendant
post May 14 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #11

Retainer

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 13 2006, 11:24 PM)
user posted image

Oh please... no... anything but that! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! NO MORE CLIFF RACERS! JIUB SAVE ME!

*breaks down into tears and refuses to let anyone come near until the nasty cliff racers have gone*

--------------------
"If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot."
+Quote Post
Aki
post May 14 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Joryn @ May 13 2006, 03:22 PM)
Yeah I noticed this. Its kind of a little relief I suppose. Part of me certainly wasnt happy to hear the "Nerevarine's story". Why the smeg would he go to Akavir? Still I cant blame Beth really, they saved me the trouble of whining "Where the hell is the Nerevarine? He could close these gates blindfolded with both hands tied to his british boat!". Smart move really, Im a little peeved, but I can see the sense behind it.

ITs called a rumor for a reason.

The Nerevarine is out of the picture, but maybe the rumor's wrong, maybe he's dead in a ditch somewhere, or went to some other part of the Empire. Maybe he got assassinated, died fending off the the Hordes of Oblivion, etc..

There are a thousand and one ways to vanish from the public eye, and even more rumors of what happened to you. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Joryn
post May 14 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #13

Agent

QUOTE(Aki @ May 13 2006, 11:37 PM)
ITs called a rumor for a reason.

The Nerevarine is out of the picture, but maybe the rumor's wrong, maybe he's dead in a ditch somewhere, or went to some other part of the Empire. Maybe he got assassinated, died fending off the the Hordes of Oblivion, etc..

There are a thousand and one ways to vanish from the public eye, and even more rumors of what happened to you.  wink.gif

Yeah, I see your point really but it still doesnt cover what I meant. You see the Nerevarine should be where I want him to be on MY game. The same should be said when you play your story, or anyones for that matter.

My character isnt playing in some parallel universe where he is different from the guy I played in Morrowind. So what I mean by that is, my Nerevarine in Morrowind is still the same game in my Oblivion.

My old guy wouldnt go to akavir, or be dead in a ditch, or even die facing the daedric hordes. Which led me to why they "removed" him. Because I wouldnt be asking the question "Why cant I just be the Nerevarine, my old character could have saved the emperor, avoiding this whole bloomin crisis!".

So what Im saying is that the freedom TES games give you when you play, also gives you some control. While I dont like the half arsed excuse they gave me for "removing" the Nerevarine, it is pretty practical.

Although I would have preffered something along these lines. "Rumour has it the Nerevarine has taken the fight to Oblivion itself! Some good news at last in these dark times". Gives me a little more to work with on my ex character other than being bungled of to akavir. I mean what kind of protector of Morrowind would leave in probably one of its darkest hours, eh?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 14 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

ummm.. Nearly EVERY Neravine would LOVE to go to Akivir... They MAKE Deadric stuff there!!!!

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! CLIFF RACERS!!!!!! DEADRIC KATANA ATTACK!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post May 16 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Although I would have preffered something along these lines. "Rumour has it the Nerevarine has taken the fight to Oblivion itself! Some good news at last in these dark times". Gives me a little more to work with on my ex character other than being bungled of to akavir. I mean what kind of protector of Morrowind would leave in probably one of its darkest hours, eh?

I actually kinda have to agree with this....I mean my biggest dissapointment is that I can't even in part recreate my Character from Morrowind, because I used the Dark Elf Face that had the Black Hand Tattoo on his face.

(Thats where I get the Name Black Hand and NOT the Governing Body of the Dark Brotherhood. I did'nt even know about it when I first joined this site. But it's a bloody good name for them, so go figure tongue.gif )

And Obviously I preffered the Morag Tong's take on State-Sanctioned Murder. But oh well.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 16 2006, 02:31 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

But, it's really not Morrowind's darkest hour...

Either way, you can still act as if your character in OB is the same person that was in MW. It's really not hard, nor are there inconsistencies.

I'm sure nobody would believe you if you told them that you were the Nerevarine, so why would you even bring it up?

This post has been edited by Dantrag: May 16 2006, 02:31 AM

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Joryn
post May 16 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #17

Agent

QUOTE(Dantrag @ May 16 2006, 01:31 AM)
But, it's really not Morrowind's darkest hour...

Either way, you can still act as if your character in OB is the same person that was in MW. It's really not hard, nor are there inconsistencies.

I'm sure nobody would believe you if you told them that you were the Nerevarine, so why would you even bring it up?

No, sorry I knew I had worded that wrong. What I meant to say was the Nerevarine who has supposedly gone to Akavir in Oblivion, well he is still the old guy I played in Morrowind, isnt he? I didnt mean to imply my Oblivion character IS the Nerevarine.

So for example my old character in Morrowind was a Dunmer mage, hes not going to suddenly change to an Imperial warrior for the story in Oblivion. Nor would he go to akavir, because as I said, he was MY character.

I hope a made that a little clearer than I did in my last post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silmarillion=??
post May 19 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #18

Agent

Jub was my only friend. sad.gif
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
And Then There Was Silence

P.S. Nords are from Norway
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
+Quote Post
Cadaver
post May 23 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #19

Evoker

I agree about the "off to Akavir" idea. From a roll playing standpoint, maybe 1/3 of my Morrowind chars might have went to Akavir (conquest or adventrue, whichever as part of the Roll Play concept) but most of my chars I dont see ever wanting/needing to go there.

Good point about it being a RUMOR though... that way, you are right, I can still sit happily, knowing what my MW char did, and that he did NOT go to Akavir, and all these ignorant populous know NOTHING, he he he!!

I think Beth could have added some more rumors... Rumors are supposed to be RUMORS!! Everyone should have their own version, half of them should be half true, and the rest just completely WHACKED FALSE!! In Oblivion, everyone always seemed to hear and pass on the same rumor... more like a news story than anything, and I bet those people would play a GREAT game of Telephone...

Cadaver

--------------------

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be.... (Maynard James Keenan - Judith)
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Aug 20 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 14 2006, 12:24 AM) *

IPB Image

That looks like ghostgate... or atleast that region.

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:10 PM