Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 - no spoilers, Are the rumors true?
King Of Beasts
post Feb 26 2013, 05:42 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Ive heard some rumors about Fallout 4 coming out sometime this year. Is that true, or is it the media just trying to trick us blink.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 26 2013, 06:21 AM
Post #2

Forum Bard
Group Icon

It is all speculation at this point. It could be true of course that it is being worked on and it is very likely. Fallout is a big name franchise that brings big money for Bethsoft so there will definitely be a sequel at some point.

It seems unlikely that it'd be released any time soon since it hasn't even officially been announced yet though. My hope is that Bethsoft takes some tips from Obsidian when it comes to weapons and factions though but keeps FO3 style dungeons.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Feb 26 2013, 06:27 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Feb 25 2013, 09:21 PM) *

It is all speculation at this point. It could be true of course that it is being worked on and it is very likely. Fallout is a big name franchise that brings big money for Bethsoft so there will definitely be a sequel at some point.

It seems unlikely that it'd be released any time soon since it hasn't even officially been announced yet though. My hope is that Bethsoft takes some tips from Obsidian when it comes to weapons and factions though but keeps FO3 style dungeons.

If they decide to come out with a fallout 4, I hope it's good.

Though I'd prefer if they worked on skyrim DLC's first tongue.gif

Wait, don't they have two different teams for the elder scrolls series and the fallout series?

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 26 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

So far the closest thing we have to evidence is, I think, the actor who played Threedog tweeting that he might be doing more work as his character; Bethesda then said that it may not necessarily be Fallout 4 but instead something to do with a planned, official Fallout TV series.

Rumour mill seems to be pointing that the next location for it will Bowston. Sorry, sorry, Baawstun
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 26 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

With the PS4 just announced, I have little doubt that any new Fallout will be on the next next-gen platforms...

The last snippet I'd heard was that Bethesda had been seen sniffing around Boston at the time ACIII was coming out...

Will look forward to seeing what they do with it though...

Well, through the games mags I will at least... laugh.gif ...
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 26 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 26 2013, 12:42 PM) *

With the PS4 just announced, I have little doubt that any new Fallout will be on the next next-gen platforms...

I've got my fingers crossed they'll release a version for the 360 and the PS3 as well. Either that, or I'm going to have to shove some new chips into my PC.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 26 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah yes, but the PS4/X-Box 720 ones will be so epic-ally different that any of the lesser versions will be not worth playing... laugh.gif ...
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

I doubt that they are going to release anything this year. It has only been a year since Skryim, and as far as I know it is the same people who work on both games. I know that Todd Howard was on FO3 for example, and Skyrim is packed with things from FO3. 2014 is when we will probably see FO4.

I have been hearing Baaastan too for the location of the next FO game. That is kind of disappointing. We have been all over the U.S. already. I would have preferred to see something set outside America, like in London. That way they could work in a blue police call box for an easter egg...

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 26 2013, 07:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 26 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *
I have been hearing Baaastan too for the location of the next FO game. That is kind of disappointing. We have been all over the U.S. already. I would have preferred to see something set outside America, like in London. That way they could work in a blue police call box for an easter egg...

Eeeeeh, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Fallout game in Europe, especially in London seeing as that's where I grew up and where I live right now, but the thing that makes Fallout Fallout is the constant sense of Retro Hyper-Americana that permeats it. A Fallout game set in London or somewhere else would probably be a good post-apocalyptic game provided Bethesda don't suffer a complete brainfart, but it wouldn't really be a true Fallout game, I feel.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 26 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #10

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 06:31 PM) *

Eeeeeh, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Fallout game in Europe, especially in London seeing as that's where I grew up and where I live right now, but the thing that makes Fallout Fallout is the constant sense of Retro Hyper-Americana that permeats it. A Fallout game set in London or somewhere else would probably be a good post-apocalyptic game provided Bethesda don't suffer a complete brainfart, but it wouldn't really be a true Fallout game, I feel.

They'd actually have to create lore for what happened outside the US, which at this point nobody knows. It is a big mystery what happened overseas. Not to mention that London wouldn't be saturated with guns like the USA.

I do see why people love foreign settings though, probably why I enjoy Metro 2033 so much.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Feb 26 2013, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 06:31 PM) *

They'd actually have to create lore for what happened outside the US, which at this point nobody knows. It is a big mystery what happened overseas. Not to mention that London wouldn't be saturated with guns like the USA.

I do see why people love foreign settings though, probably why I enjoy Metro 2033 so much.

This why I would love to see a Fallout game somewhere else. I would love to see what happened to Europe. We know that the Euros were at war with the Middle East over the last drop of oil in the world. But that is it. Did they go all the nuclear cars, nuclear toasters, nuclear toothbrushes... route that America did? Or something completely different?

One of the things about FONV that puts me off is that it is back in almost the same old place again. The NCR, the Great Khans, didn't we do this already? We have had five Fallout games set in America (FO1-03, Tactics, and NV). It feels old and stale now. One American wasteland looks the same as the next. I would like a breath of fresh air in the franchise, rather than more of the same old thing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Feb 26 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

As much as of like to see Fallout in another country, it would also be pretty cool if they had the next fallout setting in New York. It would be quote an experience seeing New York after an atomic war....

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 26 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 26 2013, 10:11 PM) *

As much as of like to see Fallout in another country, it would also be pretty cool if they had the next fallout setting in New York. It would be quote an experience seeing New York after an atomic war....

Agreed. I imagine with the Skyrim engine that I assume Bethesda will use, plus whatever the next gen consoles can offer, I imagine the result will be spectacular... I mean, I know we've all seem various incarnations, but who wouldn't want to see a post-war Statue of Liberty?

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 27 2013, 12:28 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 10:31 AM) *

This. What better way to truly mine Mustard's retro hyper-Americana (nice term btw) than by setting Fallout 4 in Boston. Imagine the possibilities in exploring Lexington and Concord, Bunker Hill, Roxbury, Southy (which just screams for Deathclaws imho), and Hyde Park. I can just see facing down ghouls or whatever in the Old State House, The Old North Church, Paul Reveres House, or Quincy Market.

I came into the Fallout series with Fallout 3, so the post apocalyptic US of A hasn't become old hat for me yet. I imagine that, if I had played the other games, I'd be right next to SubRosa calling for a setting somewhere other than America.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Feb 27 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 26 2013, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 10:31 AM) *

This. What better way to truly mine Mustard's retro hyper-Americana (nice term btw) than by setting Fallout 4 in Boston. Imagine the possibilities in exploring Lexington and Concord, Bunker Hill, Roxbury, Southy (which just screams for Deathclaws imho), and Hyde Park. I can just see facing down ghouls or whatever in the Old State House, The Old North Church, Paul Reveres House, or Quincy Market.

I came into the Fallout series with Fallout 3, so the post apocalyptic US of A hasn't become old hat for me yet. I imagine that, if I had played the other games, I'd be right next to SubRosa calling for a setting somewhere other than America.

But wouldn't it be far more interesting to have Fallout 4 set in new york? Imagine exploring the big apple! You have the empire state building, broadway, times square, the statue of liberty, and skyscrapers! It would be simply epic!"

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 27 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #16

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I personally like the idea of the next game being set in Boston. I think it'd be cool to get a look into foreign cities too though. I would like to see it as a spinoff type series though like "Fallout: London" or something similar.

At least give us a ghoul immigrant from abroad to give us a look into what happened across the ocean according to Fallout lore. It may be that they've left it a mystery intentionally so that we'd be left to wonder...imagination is a powerful thing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 27 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Feb 26 2013, 06:38 PM) *

I personally like the idea of the next game being set in Boston. I think it'd be cool to get a look into foreign cities too though. I would like to see it as a spinoff type series though like "Fallout: London" or something similar.

At least give us a ghoul immigrant from abroad to give us a look into what happened across the ocean according to Fallout lore. It may be that they've left it a mystery intentionally so that we'd be left to wonder...imagination is a powerful thing.

Or better yet, at least give us a ghoul race to play as!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 27 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 26 2013, 03:30 PM) *

But wouldn't it be far more interesting to have Fallout 4 set in new york? Imagine exploring the big apple! You have the empire state building, broadway, times square, the statue of liberty, and skyscrapers! It would be simply epic!"

New York hasn't been done enough for you yet! laugh.gif Every franchise set in the US has to tackle the Big Apple at some point. Believe me, those people already have an overblown sense of their own importance. We don't need every single franchise to validate it for them! tongue.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2013, 03:55 PM) *

Now you're talkin'! Maybe feral ghouls won't even attack another ghoul, but people will.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Feb 27 2013, 02:26 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 26 2013, 05:21 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 26 2013, 03:30 PM) *

New York hasn't been done enough for you yet! laugh.gif Every franchise set in the US has to tackle the Big Apple at some point. Believe me, those people already have an overblown sense of their own importance. We don't need every single franchise to validate it for them! tongue.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2013, 03:55 PM) *

Now you're talkin'! Maybe feral ghouls won't even attack another ghoul, but people will.

I've only played FO3 and FONV, so I'm not aware of New York being used already. But still, Bethesda is using a better game engine , so the graphics will most likely be better! I think going to New York would be fun.

They should make feral people, lol.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 27 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 26 2013, 05:26 PM) *

They should make feral people, lol.

Wait, people aren't feral? Have you been to Paradise Falls lately? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

25 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:29 PM