5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Vault Tek Announcement
SubRosa
post Jun 15 2015, 04:46 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

The first thing I noticed from hazmick's vid was the vault guy in the red dress. Finally we get clothing that does not change based on your character's gender! Too bad the TES games don't have that.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 15 2015, 05:23 PM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 15 2015, 11:46 AM) *

The first thing I noticed from hazmick's vid was the vault guy in the red dress. Finally we get clothing that does not change based on your character's gender! Too bad the TES games don't have that.

Or the ability to play as a giant teddy bear! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!! Druid Games better hurry up and release their bear game if they want to be the first to put the Player in a bear suit!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 15 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #43

Mouth
Group Icon

Mods created on the PC will be able to be downloaded on Xbox One. Need more information before I get too excited.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 15 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 15 2015, 02:18 PM) *

Mods created on the PC will be able to be downloaded on Xbox One. Need more information before I get too excited.

That is not just for Fallout, that is a melding of Microsoft's Windows 10 and XBox One, lol. So Microsoft is trying to get you to buy (not only the XBox One), but a new PC as well!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 16 2015, 12:53 AM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

New Gameplay Vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nYFn-aIno

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 16 2015, 01:13 AM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

The Deathclaws look gorgeous. I'm going to have a lot of fun hunting them laugh.gif

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 16 2015, 01:18 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 15 2015, 07:53 PM) *

I love how the new pipboy looks. I noticed that the fallout boy icons in it are now animated. I wonder how hard that will be to change to a fallout girl though? sad.gif

That gun at 3:00 looks like the Stormtrooper Blaster from Star Wars! laugh.gif

Getting into the powered armor looked really cool. I remember in the other vid it even has jump jets, which I thought were neat. I love the new hud it gives you when you are inside the armor.

Godzilla! ohmy.gif I am with hazmick. I love the Deathclaws!

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 16 2015, 01:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 16 2015, 02:04 AM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

I agree on the Deathclaws, to me the ones in Fallout 3 kind of looked cute - these don't have that problem.

@ SubRosa - if you get the Collector's Edition of the game you get a working Pip Boy that connects to your IPhone; and in game you can play little pac man type games on it, lol.

I was going to upgrade my order to the Collector's Edition (I already prepaid for the game) - but somewhere on the internet I saw that it was 119.00 for the Collector's Edition - now if that is correct; I won't upgrade to it.

(However, if it comes with all the DLC, then I would most def be willing to for that price and get the Pip Boy !!! WOO HOO !!!!! )

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 15 2015, 08:18 PM) *

Getting into the powered armor looked really cool. I remember in the other vid it even has jump jets, which I thought were neat. I love the new hud it gives you when you are inside the armor.

YES!!!! I saw that in the first E3 showcase, and again in this one - that power armor is very cool - especially how you step into it!

But I don't think the Player gets to keep it (unless they run off with it and don't finish that quest laugh.gif ) because it would kind of overpower the Player through the beginning of the game. (plus they showed the Player later on and he was back in the Vault 111 suit, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Arcry
post Jun 16 2015, 04:05 AM
Post #49

Agent

I saw everything I wanted and more. Terrain that seemed to BREAK when explosives were used. The customization of armor. The variety of it all. And. Power Armor. It finally feels like Power Armor. THE Edge in the Great War that had the Chinese so damned worried. Just. Everything was wonderful. It looked good, it felt good. Just. Yes.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 2 2015, 02:45 AM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been mulling over how the player character is alive before the Great War, and emerges from the Vault 200 years later in the Boston Wasteland. Well, we know from playing FO3 that Boston is the home of The Institute (MIT I am sure). Those of us who have visited Rivet City's Science Lab know that The Institute had an android go rogue, and even go so far as to do a mind-wipe on himself, so that in the end he didn't even know he was a robot.

So 200+ year old character. The player character being an android would explain that. Either because the character's mind was downloaded into a synthetic body in the vault, or perhaps the character was a synth to begin with. Given what we have seen in FO3, they might well not even know they are an android.

Of course this is probably too cool for Bethesda to do. So I am guessing they go the suspended animation route to explain the character still being alive after 200 years.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2015, 03:12 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 1 2015, 09:45 PM) *

I have been mulling over how the player character is alive before the Great War, and emerges from the Vault 200 years later in the Boston Wasteland. Well, we know from playing FO3 that Boston is the home of The Institute (MIT I am sure). Those of us who have visited Rivet City's Science Lab know that The Institute had an android go rogue, and even go so far as to do a mind-wipe on himself, so that in the end he didn't even know he was a robot.

So 200+ year old character. The player character being an android would explain that. Either because the character's mind was downloaded into a synthetic body in the vault, or perhaps the character was a synth to begin with. Given what we have seen in FO3, they might well not even know they are an android.

Of course this is probably too cool for Bethesda to do. So I am guessing they go the suspended animation route to explain the character still being alive after 200 years.

They've always dabbled in Cryogenics, that is my guess for how the 200 year time slip happens. I'm still betting that you leave the vault and search for your baby, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 2 2015, 10:07 AM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 2 2015, 03:12 AM) *

They've always dabbled in Cryogenics, that is my guess for how the 200 year time slip happens. I'm still betting that you leave the vault and search for your baby, lol.

This was something McWife was wondering...Why make such a thing about the wife and baby (who they've managed to get to look like a cross between the male and female that you create) if they're then going to ignore them after the first half-hour or however long the initial crawl is?...

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, but I think I'm going to wait to play it until the initial kinks are sorted out...

We'll have the guide book, of course... biggrin.gif ...So I'll be pouring over that for a good while before playing...Much like I was with New Vegas...

Also, this being roughly contemporary with the others, I can't use Arnaud, so I'm having to think of someone new!!...Urgh!!...Braaaainnnn!!... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 2 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Aug 2 2015, 05:07 AM) *

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, but I think I'm going to wait to play it until the initial kinks are sorted out...

So.... you should be playing in about 2030 or so? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 2 2015, 05:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 2 2015, 06:18 PM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif ...

Which'll be roughly when they sort out the next AC game too...Likely... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 2 2015, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Aug 2 2015, 05:07 AM) *

So.... you should be playing in about 2030 or so? biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 2 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

I try to read as little as possible about FO3 so it'll feel like a completely unknown game once I try it but it's hard not to get spoiled even when skimming through some threads.

From what I understand, it's more or less confirmed that you've been put to a cryo sleep for 200 years, as a part of a Vault-Tec experiment. I don't know what are the proofs but I've read about it on Beth, I think that even Pete Hines said something about it via Twitter.

One thing that really annoys me about the coming Fallout is the voiced protagonist. wacko.gif If there's something I hate, it's to play with a forced voice. When a mod that disables voice actor, gets released, I'll be the first to download it.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 2 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

The voiced protagonist concerns me too. A voice is nice if you like it. But the game is unbearable if you don't. I use custom voice mods for Oblivion and Skyrim, and they help make my characters come alive. When I can can find the voice to suit the character. But when I tried to play Molly Hatchet in Skyrim I couldn't get the right voice for her, and it made it difficult to play her.

If they have someone like Laura Bailey do the female PC that would probably be fine with me. But it is only a matter of time before that one voice is not going to fit one of my characters. Hopefully there will be alternate voice mods out by that time. Or a disabler like you mentioned (It should not be really difficult. Just record a second of silence, and use it to replace every voice file of the player character).

They also claim that they have a zillion different names recorded, so you will be able to hear your character's name spoken in the game. But I bet not a single one of the names I will use will be on that list.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 2 2015, 07:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Aug 2 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #58

Mouth
Group Icon

I agree with the point about voiced characters. My accent only seems to be used for peasants and other unimportant NPCs in most games, if it's heard at all.

Seems the male character in FO4 is going to have that stock 'American Hero' voice that the protagonist of every action game ever uses. Hopefully the female character voice will be good.

The name thing is quite fun though. The original Stronghold game had that feature back in 2001. Very nice touch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 3 2015, 01:33 AM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 2 2015, 02:42 PM) *

The voiced protagonist concerns me too. A voice is nice if you like it. But the game is unbearable if you don't. I use custom voice mods for Oblivion and Skyrim, and they help make my characters come alive. When I can can find the voice to suit the character. But when I tried to play Molly Hatchet in Skyrim I couldn't get the right voice for her, and it made it difficult to play her.

If they have someone like Laura Bailey do the female PC that would probably be fine with me. But it is only a matter of time before that one voice is not going to fit one of my characters. Hopefully there will be alternate voice mods out by that time. Or a disabler like you mentioned (It should not be really difficult. Just record a second of silence, and use it to replace every voice file of the player character).

They also claim that they have a zillion different names recorded, so you will be able to hear your character's name spoken in the game. But I bet not a single one of the names I will use will be on that list.

I'm the same way on voices. The wrong voice can get on my nerves, too. But HOPEFULLY it will be easy enough to change out voice files to one you do like.

(I say "Hopefully" so carefully because of the stuff pulled on modding voices in Skyrim). If they do that to us again, I have the converter for Skyrim voice files and a bunch of spare female voice files warming up in the pan, lol.

But they might do it like they did ESO - where each race has its own set of 8 different female and male voices; and you get to listen to all their phrases and sounds in the gen when you are creating the character - choose which one you want.

I hope they do, because there are some of those voices they had sets of that I really wouldn't want to be stuck with on my character; in fact - in each set I only found 1-2 of the 8 voices that I could stand hearing over a whole game. So the odds are against them finding something I'll like too.

(but since FO4 will be modable, I'll be able to fix it if they don't choose well, lol).

There is one female guard in ESO that I would love to have voice files on, and never get sick of hearing it. Unfortunately, no way to find out whose voice that was to hunt down voice files for her, verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 3 2015, 08:59 AM
Post #60

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I think voiced PCs only work when they have actual conversations with NPCs such as in the original Deus Ex.

*re-install detected*

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:33 AM