2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help
Mazuk
post Jun 25 2005, 01:39 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Ok I really don't use many mods and I hope this is in the right place. I know nothing about CS so with that. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could tell me a few good mods that will work with each other.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Jun 25 2005, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Hmm... Work good with each other, I dont have any mods on my Morrowind - Wait, only the one with the Island outside Vvardenfell full of Skeletons.. :lickinglips:

But I dont know any that works good with each other.. :ashamed:
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 25 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Maybe you could ask in the mod-section at the ES forums or read the pinned threads there.....I´m not that experienced with mods ..

But I can say one thing..the LGNPC-mods are easy to use and do not interfere with anything IMO....besides they are awesome, you get more dialogue and stuff....really enhance the game...

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 25 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, it depends on what kind of mods you want... You don't have to be totally familiar with the CS to install mods. I installed alot, and I barely know how to use CS. tongue.gif

Many people have different tastes and there are many mods. Quest mods, NPC's adding mods, landscaping-altering mods, face mods, 'vampiric' mods, werewolf mods, etc. There are just so many.

I suggest you search the Mod Database/Mods sections in the site of Morrowind Summit or TheLys.

*points at Screenshots Thread* Read one of my posts there. I listed a bunch of sites with some mods, in case you're interested.

Oh, and one more thing: Many mods use the expansion packs. Especially quest and companion mods or mods that add a new place/city/town/village like Khaan's mod. :ashamed: So, if you do not have the expansion packs, your options may be a bit limited.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 25 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

anyone have the mod that expands balmora?

It's friggin huge now. theres a furniture shop, a bath house, a bunch of new shops...Balmora is the new vivec - just without cantons.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Jun 25 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

Well I have both expansions. I just figured that maybe I could get some insite on some good mods from some members on here. I have already been to Morrowind Summit and downloaded some mods. I just wanted to know some more goods ones.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 25 2005, 06:25 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

what mods do you already have?

I would recommend Better Bodies, Better Heads, Assassin's armory (let's you dual wield, and adds cool new weapons to the game), whatever mod that expands balmora (can't think of the name, sorry.), vampire embrace...

Oh yeah, and mergirl, is the children's mod by emma any good?

--------------------
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 25 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Dantrag]what mods do you already have?

I would recommend Better Bodies, Better Heads, Assassin's armory (let's you dual wield, and adds cool new weapons to the game), whatever mod that expands balmora (can't think of the name, sorry.), vampire embrace...

Oh yeah, and mergirl, is the children's mod by emma any good?[/quote]

The BB, BH, and Assassin's armory are pretty awesome. biggrin.gif That Assassin's Armory is the mod that made the Brotherhood assassins dual-wield in that screenshot I posted in the Screenshot Thread.

Like I said, I listed some good mods in the Screenshot Thread. *points*

To Dantrag: Well, it depends. Do you like kids running, jumping, rolling on the floor, and practicing archery in alot of areas? Because Emma's Children mod adds a lot of kids. smile.gif Also, you have to be a bit careful, because Emma's mod adds playgrounds, mostly near the temples in the cities/towns. Also, the kids have a bit of dialogue, and they are unkillable.

Also, that is the mod I got the teddies from. biggrin.gif I really like this mod... adds more life and activity to the world. Not to mention the cute little voices the kids have. smile.gif So, it depends on your taste, I guess. I, myself, really liked it, and sometimes, I forget that it is even a mod. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 25 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Might get it - if only just to try it.

you never know, I might get the sudden urge to play on a slide with some little dunmer kids...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Jun 25 2005, 06:43 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

ok I have the world of faces, better bodies, witchgirl, lost heir as of right now.
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 25 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #11

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I didn´t get WOF to work.properly..lots of weird yellow geometrical figures which means something´s missing i guess....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 25 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Dantrag]Might get it - if only just to try it.

you never know, I might get the sudden urge to play on a slide with some little dunmer kids...[/quote]

Too bad you can't interact with the playground. sad.gif In fact, I don't think the kids even use the playground that much. tongue.gif They're always running around, hopping on one foot, or rolling the ground, making me dizzy. tongue.gif

But I think it's cute, especially when you find the little Mage apprentices or children of shopkeepers. It gives life to the Mages Guilds and other places. smile.gif

*shrugs* It's a cosmetic kind of mod. They're just extra-cute NPC's. (And with the add-on, you adopt a few of them or have a certain companion.) biggrin.gif

To Minque: You must be missing some textures or something, because so far, WOF is working well with me.
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 25 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Dantrag] Assassin's armory (let's you dual wield, and adds cool new weapons to the game)[/quote]

I can't ever get Assassin's Armory to work... it drives me crazy, I unzip it to the right folder and it says that it places it all in the right place.. I don't have crossbows or arrows..

BTW where do .rar files go?

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rane
post Jun 25 2005, 06:48 PM
Post #14

Lurker
Group Icon

[quote=Channler]
BTW where do .rar files go?[/quote]

Nowhere. Those are like .zip files. You need to extract the files that are in the .rar files.

Get Winrar here.
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Jun 25 2005, 06:48 PM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

.rar is a type of zip file like .zip. But it is a program called Winrar that can be used for .rar and any other zip file. If you need it let me know.

Edit: Points above.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 25 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

[quote=Channler][quote=Dantrag] Assassin's armory (let's you dual wield, and adds cool new weapons to the game)[/quote]

I can't ever get Assassin's Armory to work... it drives me crazy, I unzip it to the right folder and it says that it places it all in the right place.. I don't have crossbows or arrows..

You have to have winRAR to use it.

rar is like a zip file, but winzip won't unzip it...have to use winrar. You can get a free trial at their website...but I don't know what it is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 25 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #17

Wise Woman
Group Icon

yeah...i think I´ll download it again from another place and try to reinstall i..so far i use NPC-replacer 3, Emmas heads of all kinds, the robe-enhancer from CanadianIce, the LGNPC:s.......and that´s about it

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 25 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Thanks man, but after I typed that I remebered what it was. I think pegasus horse ranch has the same type of file..

But yea, after my computer crashed I lost that program so I'm gonn ahave to find it again.

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 25 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Channler][quote=Dantrag] Assassin's armory (let's you dual wield, and adds cool new weapons to the game)[/quote]

From where did you download it from? Because there are some patches for that mod in Morrowind Summit, I am quite sure. kvright.gif

One way I unzip my files, is to extract everything into a seperate folder. Then, either drag or copy and paste the all of files/folders (for that mod) all into the Data Files folder. Then, I click on 'yes' to replace the texture folder, etc. And so far, many mods are working for me. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Jun 25 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

I have it on my domain if you need it or you can just go to the website.

P.S. of topic a bit anyone tell me why i get a render creation error on start up and crash all the time when playing.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:16 PM