11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> ~The Little Coffee Shop~, mmm, cake and coffee
Red
post Apr 22 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Welcome all of you, to the Little Coffee shop we all love.

*Serves coffee, some Norwegian cheese, a good black forest cake and some nice green tea*

QUOTE(Alexander @ May 29 2005, 12:47 PM)
We had intended the coffee shop to be a nice place where people could talk about their daily activities and such, kinda like the Lurkers Lair on the Official Forums.
It didn't quite turn out that way though, people have been taking advantage of their freedoms in here, there has been a lot of spamming and even some flaming. We will not tolerate that any longer.

So unfortunately we've had to decide to increase the rules for this thread. Of course the normal forum rules still apply, but we'll elaborate here.:
1. No spamming.

We consider double posting and posting posts with only a few words to be spam. If you do that your post will be deleter or moved, do it too often and you might receive a warning for it.

We also consider chit-chat spam. This forum has a special chat channel for chatting, you're welcome to go there, and chat with other members or with the staff as we're always there, doing it in here is not allowed.

The address to that chatroom is:
W4O chat
And for assistence to use a chat like this, I recommend looking over this thread:
http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtopic.php?t=248

Or contacting one of the Administrators.

2. No discussion of accounts or warnings.

There shall be no more discussion about members, about accounts, about how many warnings you've gotten or anything like that.

3. No trolling.

No posting of random nonsense, no posting of irrelevant things, no posting the same thing over and over just to get it noticed, no swearing or flaming.

4. No religion or politics.

No discussion about religion or politics is to be had in these threads. If you want to discuss religion or politics, please do make another thread, or if another such thread already exists, please post in it.

If you have a question about the rules of the forums, feel free to ask it to either a Global Moderator or an Administrator.
If you're unsure if something is fit to post here, it might be. Again best to ask a Global Moderator or Administrator.
If you're wondering how we think a Lair or the Coffee Shop should look like, what we do allow, then I recommend taking a look at the Lurkers Lair at the Official Forums.

Edit: rules addendum inserted
-Rane

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 22 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Yay! Cheese... and I've heard this is good stuff. And cake! I loves cake

Sooo... how are you all doin?

This post has been edited by Soulseeker3.0: Apr 22 2006, 10:07 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Fethenwen
post Apr 22 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #3

Agent

Just fine thank you *chews on cake*
I'm just dead tired, once again sitting at work, thinking about the hours that goes wasted here, instead of playing Oblivion. Yes, I actually would play it at this time at night, when there's nothing else to do this Saturday night.
*yaawn*
Aah, sweet skooma.. . I meant coffee. GN.

--------------------
user posted image
let Lara bite you: *click*
+Quote Post
1234king
post Apr 23 2006, 01:26 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

well im doing bad becuz i juss loss my soccer game and i cant stand losing. i got a yellow card that game for shoving someone after he injured my goalie. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Apr 23 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

About to list 6 or 7 old games on Ebay, then perhaps do a little writing. Cinnamon-raisin bread should be along shortly. My, I am a productive little doggie tongue.gif

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 23 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Arrghh...just had to help my son to get started with MSN gaming zone..he wants to play Age o Empires online with his friend. Oh my all those questions and installations of heaven knows what!

Don´t know if it will work out though...

jeez I´m tired of computers!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Apr 23 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh wow, I wasn't sympathy-hunting there, but that backlash of niceness sure lifted my spirits :]

The update goes as so far...

I'm still looking for a job.. slowly.. I should really get on that.
I've been slacking off in school (as usual) and I'll need to work on that one.
And my social life is failing, seeing as I'm always doing this or that about town.

I'm losing on all three fronts! laugh.gif

But being less pessimistic, my social life is much better than before. I'm no longer afraid of people, and I found a nice person I might like to date and who's pretty likely to accept the invitation smile.gif

I'm not sure if there's any way any of you can help, unless you happen to have a few thousand dollars american biggrin.gif

But the homelessness isn't so bad, I usually switch between my two friends (one of which has a computer) and as so far I've yet to have to sleep outside.

This post has been edited by Intestinal Chaos: Apr 23 2006, 07:24 PM
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 23 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Well I sure do hope she fancies you enough to accept and I do so hope you don't up out on the streets. If you ever need to talk, I'm always here.

Ugh, I sure do seem to have a bad case of the Sunday's. Stumbling all over, misspelling and reading, terrible writer's block. I need some strong coffee. And by strong, I mean "drop to twelve coffee beans into some hot water and drink" strong.

--------------------
+Quote Post
1234king
post Apr 23 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

thats kool stomach ache, hope the first date goes good for you. and what games are you listing treydog.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Apr 23 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Aye, good on you there, Stomach-Ache. Never hesitate to speak up- you have many friends here.

Games- Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor:Allied Assault, Call of Duty, CSI, Dragonshard, Aura: Fate of Ages.

Needed to clean out some things I have finished and will likely not play again. Of course, there are some I will keep for ever, even if it means keeping old PCs around to play 'em. (We have 5 computers hooked up and working, plus 3 or 4 more that work but don't have desk space.)

Yes, it is true- Treydog is teh Nerd.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 23 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

AHHH! I just realized!!! I got two projects that I had to do over spring break due tomorrow! Omg.. If I fail english 11....

This post has been edited by Channler: Apr 23 2006, 08:17 PM

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 23 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Apr 23 2006, 08:16 PM)
Aye, good on you there, Stomach-Ache.  Never hesitate to speak up- you have many friends here.

Games- Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor:Allied Assault, Call of Duty, CSI, Dragonshard, Aura: Fate of Ages.

Needed to clean out some things I have finished and will likely not play again.  Of course, there are some I will keep for ever, even if it means keeping old PCs around to play 'em.  (We have 5 computers hooked up and working, plus 3 or 4 more that work but don't have desk space.)

Yes, it is true- Treydog is teh Nerd.

Hello there Nerd! Hmm I´ve got 6 computers all in all, of different age, oldest one is a 486, 11 years old, next one is a win95-one, about 7 years old, then we have two rather ok ones for the girls, a 5 years old that is enough advanced for hubby, (sonny complains though!) And finally my lappy.....which is in desperate need of a new graphics card... sad.gif

Oh noo....I´m not a nerd! blink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 23 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I have a question for the norwegians here.

You figure norwegians in a way are just generally alternative thinkers? I'm a quarter, and never thought much of it, but at the school I transferred to a year and a half ago, which was an alternative school and basically a hippy school where students worked at their own pace and were generally good to each other as opposed to bratty with each other and stuck up in some class system like most high schools.

Over time I began to notice a lot of the students there were born in Norway, or had Norwegian blood in them like me. I wondered if there was a correlation. Here in TES there are generally a ton of Northern Europian gamers, not specifically Norwegian, but you guys have any thought to this detail I noticed?

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 24 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Channler @ Apr 23 2006, 07:17 PM)
AHHH! I just realized!!! I got two projects that I had to do over spring break due tomorrow! Omg.. If I fail english 11....

Ohh my! Better get those projects done, done well and done soon! Engrish is of importance good to speaki"ng"?

Hehe, I didn't even know puppies could use computers. tongue.gif

I only have about three computers working at once, though I'm constantly using two at a time. Also, I've provided my friends and family with atleast four, as I'm not about to give one to one of those fancy-pants recycling plants so they can turn my windows-95 beast into a bunch of Simple Plan cd cases.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 24 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Hmm that reminds me.. I gotta write something up... crud...

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 24 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

So instead of writing those papers I went to the mall and chilled with my girl... Damn.. Err.. Maybe I can get an extension...

I had a laptop, a desktop, and then the one I'm using now.. Meh uber computer.. So I consider myself a closet nerd..

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 24 2006, 04:11 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

We are the same breed channler, though my out of closet self is more a slacker and rebellious intellectual/future drum circle berkely hippy than a true prep. Instead of my college applications being full of ROTC and extra-curricular activities of that fashion, it's full of my clubs and accomplishments in localized conservation and protest.

And, on a relative note, we're relatively the same age, we joined the forum a little over a month apart, we have close to the same number of posts...

Are you my evil twin? Maybe I'm the evil one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 24 2006, 06:18 AM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

This is to Stomach Ache, as they seem to call Intestinal Chaos,

I feel really bad to hear you speak of homelessness, especially since it sounds like you are young - you speak of school. I am glad to hear that you can stay with your 2 friends and I hope that continues for you.

My hubby Cain and I arrived in Orlando, Florida in a zebra-striped station wagon with velcro-in screenwindows loaded with a mattress, his drumset, our clothing, pots n pans, my art supplies and a black Manx cat named Magic ... in August 1985, one week ahead of a hurricane that wiped out the section of the Gulf Coast of Florida where we'd lived for 4 years.
Why, you ask? A dream. My hubby was trying to form a band and the gulf coast was too retired/fuddy-duddy ... but he had this dream of a cool music studio that he told me about and he said he had the distinct feeling we should head toward the Ocala National Forest. So we did. When we reached Orlando we just knew we weren't going any further.
We lived in the car and held 2 restaurant jobs a day each until we had enough for apartment rent and electricity. We stayed the winter in an apartment, but couldn't shake the music studio dream. He'd described it beautifully - a red shag rug, wooden walls, wetbar with mirrors - very Austin Powers. Odd dream, ya know?
So we kept looking around and finally we found it for real attached to a piano warehouse and best yet, it was soundproof, no windows, foot/thick block walls and it had a full private bathroom. Of course we moved in.
And we lived there for 20 years. The bands that were formed, Mofuscide and Fall Out, played the local downtown Orlando clubs and at UCF. I can't even begin to tell you the fun we had at that studio. And as a bonus, there was a smaller art studio for me right next door.

During the summer of the 4 hurricanes the huge cedar tree fell on our roof. We had to move due to rain leakage ... but we are now renting/to/own at a small efficiency condominium on a private lake about 2 towns over from where we were.

=============

All this is just to tell you that God has plans for everyone and sometimes the best dreams materialize from our hardest times. So, please don't give up hope. Be very glad of your 2 friends and think about what you have been freed from the trappings of everyday life to really pursue. This is your chance to grab what it is that you really want for yourself in life. Keep on dreaming and never give up!

This post has been edited by Ibis: Apr 24 2006, 06:22 AM

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 24 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, I've just started another period of school and work...and what do you know...I got sick again, so i came home from the hospital yesterday...but I'm ok now.

What have really started to bug me lately, is all the youths who are "chilling" it on the street where I live...I'n other words they hang around, giving the finger and calling us who walk by some really nasty things...they stand there smoking and spitting all over the pavement...and last the throw small rocks, egg's and waterballons at passing car's...whats the problem with kids these days???...sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 24 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

That sounds pretty bad tellie, I couldn't imagine any of my friends doing that, except for smoking, spitting and littering, they do do that, kids have always done that though.

Ibis, that's a pretty inspiring story, and I agree, hard times are just hard times, there's nothing you can do about them and they come to everyone who takes risks.

This post has been edited by DoomedOne: Apr 24 2006, 08:04 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:36 PM