5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Mods
Saquira
post Feb 16 2012, 05:42 PM
Post #21

Finder
Group Icon

Subrosa: Having taken a closer look at the different wolves, I think the Ice wolf texture wolf be best. But the standard one works just as well, so take whatever works best for you.

Thanks for working on it guys smile.gif

This post has been edited by Saquira: Feb 16 2012, 05:43 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 16 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

I'd say SubRosa's going to complete the mod before I can.

What is the name of the wolf supposed to be? I just called it Wolf as a place holder name.

EDIT:

Also, I tried my mod out with leaving Kharjo in Whiterun and leaving the town, and then fast traveling. He stayed where he was told to hang around at in both instances.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 16 2012, 05:56 PM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Feb 16 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #23

Finder
Group Icon

King Coin: The wolfs name is Gladio.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 16 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

Well, I pretty much finished my Undead Summoning mod. I created a Corrupted Shade, Draugr, and Draugr Lord you can summon. There is already a spell to summon a Dragon Priest, so I also made a tome for that as well.

All I have to do now is decide how to put the tomes in the game. Since I cannot get a merchant to sell them I am thinking I can either stick them in a dead body for the player to pick up, or add them to the leveled lists of the vendors. I would prefer you have to buy them, but don't like modding those lists, since it seems likely that other mods will do the same. I would rather avoid possible conflicts if I can.

On a side note, I came across an excellent idea for testing mods. Create a new interior cell that is just a big empty room. The first interior cell in the list is perfect to copy, as it is also for testing. Name it 1Test and put your modded stuff inside. Then start the game, open the console and type in coc 1test. That warps you to your testing room. Try you stuff out in there. That way you will not be making any edits to the world space until you decide exactly when and where you want to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 16 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

I got it!

The wolf companion that is. I figured out the invisibility problem. In the race entry, you have to set Morph Race and Armor Race to the same race as the original. After that, viola! there it is.

I just tested it and the ai is extremely basic. I guess this is the same as how the dog followers work in the game (I have never tried one, so do not know for certain). The first time you click on the wolf it becomes a follower. There is no on screen message to tell you that, which threw me before (it was working, but I never realized it!). After that the wolf will follow you wherever you go. If you draw a weapon, it will take an attack stance. If you go into combat, it helps. I made the wolf essential, so death will not be an issue.

I did not realize it earlier, but I had King Coin's follower mod on when I was doing some of my earlier testing. That is where that screen capture with the on screen text came from. The good thing about that, is we now know that the two mods work together. In fact, I highly recommend using KC's mod with this one, as it improves your ability to command Gladio.

Now on Skyrim Nexus

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 16 2012, 08:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 16 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

Good to know on Morph Race and Armor Race.

So what does a wolf do in wander mode?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 16 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

Not much of anything. They don't seem to come with any AI packages, and I did not think to add any.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Feb 16 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #28

Finder
Group Icon

Thank you! biggrin.gif I'll try it out tomorrow, have way to much to do at the moment.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 16 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 16 2012, 02:14 PM) *

Not much of anything. They don't seem to come with any AI packages, and I did not think to add any.

I originally didn't intend on letting animals to be put into wander mode, but now that I think of it, my conditions wouldn't exclude animals from that dialog topic. When I update my mod I will make sure it works properly for animals. All I'd have to do is add an AI package to the animal alias.

Perhaps later on I'll make a separate topic for animals so that you don't address them the same way you would a person.

EDIT: Also that bug I mentioned about Kharjo disappearing, I'm pretty sure that was a different mod that was doing that and not mine. Woohoo!

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 17 2012, 12:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2012, 01:05 AM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

I figured out how to make vendors work. Besides having to assign their container in their faction window, you have to add the JobMerchantFaction to their faction list. Such a great way to over-complicate things.

Does anyone know if there are any mod cleaners out there, like TES4Edit? I copied Farengar to make a new NPC, and now the CK is showing that Farengar was modded. Even though all I did was duplicate him. I tried the Validate Loaded Data option off the File Menu, but that did not do it.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 17 2012, 01:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 17 2012, 01:22 AM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

There's a program called SkyEdit, but I don't know if it has the function you want.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

I found a way to do it in the CK. Before you load an .esp, select the plugin, click on details, and you can delete the reference in the list that comes up. It made a copy of Farengar when I started it, but reverted the original Farengar to normal. Then I could delete the the copy normally.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 17 2012, 01:27 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Nice. It seems like the best way to find things is to just click on things and see what happens.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2012, 04:27 AM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

Bad news. Followers Can Relax is not working with Wolf Companion after all. FCR is on and running, but even after you tell Gladio to wait, he will come running after you once you move far enough away. So while the dialogue options to wait and follow are appearing on screen, they are not really working with animals.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 17 2012, 04:44 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, at first I didn't expect to allow animals to be told to wait so I never added the package to their alias. I didn't realize I didn't restrict the topics to people only however. In the next update I'll include the package for animals (which will be tomorrow or the day after).

If you are impatient, you can do it yourself by opening my mod in the CS and going to the DialogueFollower quest and clicking on aliases. Go to the animal one and add the FollowerWanderPackageA (I think that's what I called it) to its package list and make sure it's at the very top.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 17 2012, 04:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

I can wait. I am not using the wolf companion myself (at least not yet, but he might be perfect for when I eventually play a Bosmer forester).

Do you, or anyone else, want to use my Main Quest Disabler? I am not planning to put it up on TES Nexus any time soon. Not with the things that still need work on it, like figuring out how to make Delphine go away, and triggering Breezehome and Lydia. But it does work for making a dragon-free game. I can email it to anyone who wants. Think of yourselves as beta-testers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 17 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Right now I don't have a character set up to use it. Been playing Aravi!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

I have some good news about the Main Quest Disabler. I have gotten the scripting working to automatically make you Thane of Whiterun after giving the dragonstone to Farengar. After you talk to Farengar, you will find Lydia waiting for you at the front door of Dragonsreach, and you can buy Breezehome.

The only issue I have left is Delphine refuses to budge from where she is leaning on Farengar's desk. It looks like she will spend the rest of the game there, instead of going back to Riverwood like normal. This means that you cannot rent a room at the Sleeping Giant Inn afterward, since she is the one you rent it from. Is that normal when you do the main quest though? I know Delphine is involved with a lot of the other quests, so I am guessing she never goes back to the inn to rent rooms?

Good news, this is fixed too. Delphine vanishes after you leave the cell. I never tried walking out of Dragonsreach and then back inside before. Renting a room at the inn was fixed when I modded Orgnar's status in the room rental faction from -1 to 0. I am guessing there is supposed to be a script in the MQ somewhere that does that, but I could not find it.

So it looks like the mod is ready for prime time. I'm renaming it to Dragons Disabled. I am going to try making it into a bsa from the CK, and see how that works. I am not sure if I want to post it on TESNexus after that, or if I want to play with it running for a while. Probably the latter. It will help find bugs. Does anyone want to volunteer to be a beta tester? I do not expect it to have any issues. But it would be nice to find out if I am wrong before hundreds of people download it.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 17 2012, 06:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 18 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

I've had some success today. I have the new version of the mod created. Instead of using a preexisting quest and alias, I created my own quest and alias.

Now I need to test it with the multiple followers mod that everyone has been asking for compatibility with. With the way I have it set up now, I'm guessing that you will only be able to have one follower in wander mode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 18 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

I am not sure why, but now Delphine is not leaving Dragonsreach anymore. I am going to have to revisit the quest code again....

OTOH, I started a mod that lets you summon animals. I have wolves, ice wolves, snowy sabre cats, bears, snow bears, and spriggans. I created a test npc to sell the tomes and have that working as well. I am trying to make her a conjuration trainer, but for some reason cannot get that to work.

I also found that long-sleeved fur armor, and made a clothing version of it that you can create from a tanning rack.

While working on the undead and animal summoning mods, I found that the Familiars are seriously nerfed. They have the stats of a basic wolf (i.e. 2nd level creatures), but cost twice the amount of magicka to summon as a Flame Atronach (7th level creatures)! Somebody at Bethesda dramatically screwed up in assigning the cost. So I made a mod that makes them tougher, and reduces the cost to summon them.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:29 PM