> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 2 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #1921

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 2 2017, 01:53 PM) *

Speaking of 'big kids'. . .

I think I've said before that one of the things that really inspired Buffy was an incident in a public dungeon so very long ago. As a young bow/bow sorc, she was getting overwhelmed (and killed) by the mobs therein. Well a max CP templar asked her to group which she readily did. He then proceeded to lead her all the way through the dungeon, letting her kill what she could, keeping her health bar full, and literally exploding foes when sometimes they got too much for Buffy to handle. The kindness and awesome capability of that high level templar really inspired her to look into it. When Grits informed her that a magplar was indeed a 'glorious' playstyle, that cinched it and Buffy the magplar healer was born.

Well today, she was in a public dungeon for a Mages Guild daily and encountered a level 31 bow/bow nightblade struggling with the mobs. She healed and helped him through a couple mob swarms, then he announced to her, "I'm with you!" and promptly glued himself to her side. To which Buffy offered to back him up and follow him through whatever he needed in the dungeon. Sure enough, she fulfilled a similar role for this young archer that her templar savior of long ago had filled for her. He was most grateful as they parted. Buffy wonders if someday, he will fondly remember her kindness and be inspired to repay it to some future young character. happy.gif

And the student becomes the master. Buffy the Magplar has come full circle! Congrats!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 2 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #1922

Mouth
Group Icon

Big welcome to a new Lizard Wizard, and congrats to Mira for hitting cp60!

Just yesterday I was reading a similar story from someone who played Runescape and how the kindness they received from a veteran player as a new one influenced their time spent on the game. I love it when stories like these come full circle. congrats to Buffy for becoming the Kind Veteran Player.

Today I learned that the Dunmer House motif drop is good enough for me to consider collecting a full set of each. I already bought 13 of the Telvanni one, and finished it with the motif Hates found the other day. Shooting for Hlaalu next, assuming I find out where it drops.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 2 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #1923

Paladin
Group Icon

Aww, thanks, folks!

Lizard Wizard. rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 2 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #1924

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 2 2017, 02:22 PM) *

Today Mira hit Champ lvl60!

Dark Seducer Mira!

She made it! WOO HOO!!! Congrats to Mira!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 2 2017, 02:53 PM) *

Welcome to Steams-Many-Khajiit-With-Her-Reptilian-Thighs! tongue.gif She sounds fun enough that she might indeed break from from the mule harness.

Congrats to Mira! I know it is such a relief to finally get her into 'big kid' gear.

Speaking of 'big kids'. . .

I think I've said before that one of the things that really inspired Buffy was an incident in a public dungeon so very long ago. As a young bow/bow sorc, she was getting overwhelmed (and killed) by the mobs therein. Well a max CP templar asked her to group which she readily did. He then proceeded to lead her all the way through the dungeon, letting her kill what she could, keeping her health bar full, and literally exploding foes when sometimes they got too much for Buffy to handle. The kindness and awesome capability of that high level templar really inspired her to look into it. When Grits informed her that a magplar was indeed a 'glorious' playstyle, that cinched it and Buffy the magplar healer was born.

Well today, she was in a public dungeon for a Mages Guild daily and encountered a level 31 bow/bow nightblade struggling with the mobs. She healed and helped him through a couple mob swarms, then he announced to her, "I'm with you!" and promptly glued himself to her side. To which Buffy offered to back him up and follow him through whatever he needed in the dungeon. Sure enough, she fulfilled a similar role for this young archer that her templar savior of long ago had filled for her. He was most grateful as they parted. Buffy wonders if someday, he will fondly remember her kindness and be inspired to repay it to some future young character. happy.gif

I remember when that happened to Bow Buffy so long ago, you told me about it then = one of your first experiences with the awesome side of MMO play that bonded you to ESO! Awesome that you were able to return the kindness to someone else!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 3 2017, 06:00 AM
Post #1925

Ancient
Group Icon

So there's a cool stag skull helmet for sale in the crown store crown crate section. Brenna would totally wear it... but it costs 100 crown gems. Ridiculous. Khajiit might would pay 40 gems, but not 100.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 6 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #1926

Ancient
Group Icon

Today Mira took a Vvardenfell treasure map out of the bank and decided to travel to the island in search of plunder.

Arrival on the dock of Seyda Neen

Main Street Seyda Neen

View from atop Seyda Neen Lighthouse. Watch out for sneaky Bosmer down below!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 7 2017, 03:46 AM
Post #1927

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 6 2017, 02:20 PM) *

Today Mira took a Vvardenfell treasure map out of the bank and decided to travel to the island in search of plunder.

Arrival on the dock of Seyda Neen

Main Street Seyda Neen

View from atop Seyda Neen Lighthouse. Watch out for sneaky Bosmer down below!

Really nice shots!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 8 2017, 02:41 AM
Post #1928

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 6 2017, 01:20 PM) *

Sneaky Bosmer?? Perchance Mira has met/seen Phaedre Thistleleaf on one of her thieving runs?

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 8 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #1929

Mouth
Group Icon

Eolan got a new garden decoration.
Mostly as a memento from Wrothgar.

Dark and cloudy is the status quo in Rivenspire so it's the best I could do rn.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 8 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #1930

Paladin
Group Icon

Some people put gnomes in their garden. And some put Daedra Lords.

ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 8 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #1931

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 8 2017, 04:56 PM) *

What house is that at? I don't remember ever seeing that stables/shed at any of the houses! Absolutely LOVE the statue! That thing looks huge!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 8 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #1932

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 7 2017, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 6 2017, 01:20 PM) *

Sneaky Bosmer?? Perchance Mira has met/seen Phaedre Thistleleaf on one of her thieving runs?

Lol, nah, just a little TESIII reference!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 9 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #1933

Ancient
Group Icon

I just saw Hazmick's Stay Moist Mansion - HOLY COW! What an amazing job decorating you did !!!! I love it !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 9 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #1934

Ancient
Group Icon

Today Mira walked into the Inner Sea Armature to collect the remaining dwarven contraption kills for the achievement and who did she run into? Why none other than warden Lil! Turned out she was there collecting kills too so they teamed up and wrecked Dwemer devices in the Inner Sea Armature for a while and then moved to Bthanual in Desaan for a change of scenery. In the end, Lil collected a huge number of kills towards the achievement and a skyshard, and Mira completed her objective for Dwarven Contraption Slayer and took home a new color: Dwemer Bronze!

Lil destroying Dwemer Spiders in the Inner Sea Armature.

Lil and Mira charge into battle!

Lil gets an assist from a Netch (offscreen). (sorry Grits, couldn't resist tongue.gif )

Lil, Mira, and a Rando take on the Bthaunual Centurion!

Lil, Mira, and Lil's bear in battle.

Victory!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 9 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #1935

Paladin
Group Icon

What a wonderful run in between Mira and Lil! Funny thing is I happened to notice in my Friends List that both of you were in the Inner Armature and figured you had probably teamed up. That was just about the time Buffy had to leave the game or I might have pinged you to see about even more help! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 9 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #1936

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 9 2017, 03:31 PM) *

What a wonderful run in between Mira and Lil! Funny thing is I happened to notice in my Friends List that both of you were in the Inner Armature and figured you had probably teamed up. That was just about the time Buffy had to leave the game or I might have pinged you to see about even more help! tongue.gif

Buffy would have been most welcome to join us! We had a swell time smashing Dwemer machines!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 9 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #1937

Councilor
Group Icon

It was so neat to run into Khajiit with Mira deep underground and by the light of expiring Dwemer constructs! Lil felt quite bold with Mira and the bear in front of her. Lil is still working on getting her desired skills on the bar, and some of her leveling combinations are less than ideal. Even Lil’s jackal had fun howling at Mira’s wolf helmet.

Oh, neat pictures! Thank you for posting them!
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 9 2017, 04:13 PM) *

Lil gets an assist from a Netch (offscreen). (sorry Grits, couldn't resist tongue.gif )

laugh.gif That glowing netch flexi-leash is not my favorite Warden feature!! tongue.gif

Acadian, that would have been fun! Lil is going to be out hunting for new dyes while she is leveling, and she is always happy for company.

monkey, that is an impressive Eolan-scale garden display! That looks like a pretty nice day for Rivenspire.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 10 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #1938

Mouth
Group Icon

Bears, but also

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 8 2017, 04:30 PM) *

What house is that at? I don't remember ever seeing that stables/shed at any of the houses! Absolutely LOVE the statue! That thing looks huge!

It's Ravenhurst. The building in the background is the mayor's house outside the bounds of the house. Just background stuff. I considered using the little alcove on the other side as a stable but how would the horse get in? There's also a stable right oustide the house so eh, I made it into an outhouse. :V

Oh right, got the Grim Harlequin motif. Not just because of the Mimic Stones, I realized I actually like the style. Now the crafting monkey is up to date on most motifs. (He still hasn't finished Redoran or Hlaalu but eventually.)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Oct 10 2017, 11:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 10 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #1939

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 10 2017, 06:14 PM) *

Bears, but also

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 8 2017, 04:30 PM) *

It's Ravenhurst. The building in the background is the mayor's house outside the bounds of the house. Just background stuff. I considered using the little alcove on the other side as a stable but how would the horse get in? There's also a stable right oustide the house so eh, I made it into an outhouse. :V

Oh right, got the Grim Harlequin motif. Not just because of the Mimic Stones, I realized I actually like the style. Now the crafting monkey is up to date on most motifs. (He still hasn't finished Redoran or Hlaalu but eventually.)

Monkey, can I ask you = have you noticed an increase in Master Writ drops with your increase in completed motifs learned? Because Gina Bruno (spelling?) said that it was directly related to the number of completed sets of motifs learned; but two of my friends who have the most complete sets of motifs learned seem to get fewer Master Writs than some others I know who have very few learned motifs.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 10 2017, 11:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 10 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #1940

Mouth
Group Icon

It's something I noticed for a long time now and I always assumed it was because motif mastery's contribution to writ drops was microscopic so that the 2-4 new motifs introduced every quarter didn't overdo the droprate.

When writs were first introduced, Eolan always got the best ones in spite of having only a few completed motif sets, as opposed to the crafting monkey, who got them rarely in spite of being at or nearing 100% motif completion.

With the recent motifs learned, though? Not at all. The crafting monkey hasn't gotten an equipment writ in a long time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:11 AM