2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Battle Revamp Worries
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 9 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

The new battle system revamp sounds wonderful to me don't get me wrong... but it sorta puts me on edge. What if it gets a little too strategic?, the battle system might be a little over involved... The old system made fighting something you didn't think about too hard.

But I have faith in Bethesda, and their revamps have never done me wrong. I'm probably just worrying over nothing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 10 2005, 02:21 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm not sure I understand what you are worried about... Are you worried about combat becoming too complicated? kvright.gif Is that what you mean?

Well, I do not think it would be too complicated... I mean, I think they're trying to add variety and fun (and tiny bit more challenge) to the combat, is all.

What I'm worried is how difficult the enemies AI will be. I mean, I do not want another "Ninja Gaiden hard" combat game. indifferent.gif Also, I'm worried about the whole combining 'short swords' with the 'long sword' skills... Besides that, I'm not too worried...

But, I do not think you should worry too much... Unless you're worried about the magic combat as well? Could you be more specific about your worries?
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 10 2005, 04:05 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I love ninja gaiden!

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Red
post Jul 10 2005, 04:39 AM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm happy Bethesda is making it with RAI, which means no stupid three move monsters.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 10 2005, 04:44 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Jul 10 2005, 12:05 AM)
I love ninja gaiden!

Well, I don't (love the X-Box game one)! I loved it in terms of plot and characters... But, the difficulty got to me, and even my sister got frustrated, so we traded it in and got Jak 3, instead. smile.gif

I reallly doubt Oblivion will be that tough... I mean, aren't they aiming for the less hardcore consumers? kvleft.gif

EDIT: Oh, you want hard combat? Try Ninja Gaiden for reflexes. But for thinking? Try Phantom Brave. I swear that Strategy RPG makes me dizzy with all of its numbers and calculation and stuff! wacko.gif

This post has been edited by MerGirl: Jul 10 2005, 04:55 PM
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Jul 10 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

i am also a tiny bit worried about the combat but not really...
and you say they're aiming for a less hard-core audience?!? but-but what about us?? sad.gif

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 10 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #7

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I think it´s good with diversity, all gamers don´t like slash, bang , chop they want something more subtle for a change biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 10 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(MerGirl @ Jul 10 2005, 11:44 AM)
Well, I don't (love the X-Box game one)! I loved it in terms of plot and characters... But, the difficulty got to me, and even my sister got frustrated, so we traded it in and got Jak 3, instead.  smile.gif

I reallly doubt Oblivion will be that tough... I mean, aren't they aiming for the less hardcore consumers?  kvleft.gif

EDIT: Oh, you want hard combat? Try Ninja Gaiden for reflexes. But for thinking? Try Phantom Brave. I swear that Strategy RPG makes me dizzy with all of its numbers and calculation and stuff! wacko.gif

Yeah, it was quite hard, but that's why I liked it. I get bored of games that I can just beat over and over again with about a half of a thought.

Ninja Gaiden has quite a replay value.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 10 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Jul 10 2005, 07:08 PM)
Yeah, it was quite hard, but that's why I liked it. I get bored of games that I can just beat over and over again with about a half of a thought.

Ninja Gaiden has quite a replay value.

Well, I rarely finish hard and/or long, long games due to short-attention span and lack of hand-eye coordination... especially RPG's (too long) and reflex-reliant games (too hard). indifferent.gif

This post has been edited by MerGirl: Jul 10 2005, 11:35 PM
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jul 11 2005, 03:25 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(MerGirl @ Jul 10 2005, 06:34 PM)
Well, I rarely finish hard and/or long, long games due to short-attention span and lack of hand-eye coordination... especially RPG's (too long) and reflex-reliant games (too hard).  indifferent.gif

You are aware that Morrowind is an RPG right? Or did you forget? smile.gif

To Shogun Sniper: I think they meant they dont want to leave less "Hardcore" players in the dust. You know, make it easy to pick up and play, but still make it deep and immersive. Catching on yet?

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Red
post Jul 11 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zelda_Zealot @ Jul 11 2005, 03:25 PM)
You are aware that Morrowind is an RPG right? Or did you forget?  smile.gif

To Shogun Sniper: I think they meant they dont want to leave less "Hardcore" players in the dust. You know, make it easy to pick up and play, but still make it deep and immersive. Catching on yet?

That's why she didn't finish the main quest tongue.gif

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Jul 11 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Red @ Jul 11 2005, 10:49 AM)
That's why she didn't finish the main quest tongue.gif

GASP!! ohmy.gif Heritic!! You DARE speak in these holy forums with out have compleated the MAIN QUEST! j/k Mergirl, I was just messing with you. tongue.gif You really should though, its awsome. But you will never know huh?

Imagen what Morrowind would be like with the Oblivian battle system though (Gotta get on topic)...

Stargelman: yes, you better get back on track. Else... *click*

This post has been edited by stargelman: Jul 11 2005, 05:44 PM

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 11 2005, 11:45 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

I just was thinking about it for awhile, ever since daggerfall Bethesda has made things just the way I like it, I trust them in the new battle system revamp (I was sick of the monotony of the old battle system anyways)
+Quote Post
MiniCactuar
post Jul 24 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #14

Unregistered

I'm glad it's being redone the way Bethesda so far as said it will be. At least now when you're less than a foot away and swinging a huge axe..you won't miss unless they dodge or block. Unlike Morrowind where they get lucky due to the behind-the-scenes dice roll like feature. Of course the same goes for you as well. My Imperial shall float like a buttahfly and sting like a bee!
+Quote Post
Aki
post Jul 27 2005, 01:49 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm glad its being redone, this will make combat more exciting, more aniamted, more real. You'll actually have to block and swing, see your opponent's blood coat your blade after running them through. biggrin.gif

And, if one can't handle close-range combat, theres always Bows and magic! tongue.gif

Bows, should be somewhat similar to morrowind, but with the new physics for the arrows. cool.gif

Magic, i don't know much beyound that you can cast with weapons equiped (will use off-hand if it is free, weapon hand if not), armor will reduce magic power some (*grumble*), and such.

But, in all, i'm pleased with what i know. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 27 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Jul 27 2005, 08:49 AM)
Magic, i don't know much beyound that you can cast with weapons equiped (will use off-hand if it is free, weapon hand if not), armor will reduce magic power some (*grumble*), and such.

But, in all, i'm pleased with what i know.  biggrin.gif

Oooh! We can cast with weapons equipped?! *squeals* That's awesome! biggrin.gif

Armor will reduce magic? Aw, poor people who often use armor (I never do, so I wouldn't know what it's like)! sad.gif I can see in a way, that it's balancing in combat... but, kind of restricting, ya know?

Oh! One thing I do not like is that they combined short sword skill and long sword skill into one skill. There would be less skills! Unless they made a new magic school called Necromancy or something cool with more interesting skills, eh? tongue.gif (I've played the Daggerfall demo, and they had a lot more skills! Or at least, more deeper skills...)

Anyway, I'm glad that they are changing the combat system. We need it to be more involved, so I'm hoping for more intensive (and fair!) battles. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jul 27 2005, 05:45 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

I thought necromancy was a skill in morrowind... =S I guess I was wrong..

Hmm, well I'm happy that there doing this, and now that they are revising the magic system too I might just try and make a spell sword

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Aki
post Jul 28 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

They are combining long and short blades?

Aw. Crap. Thats dumb...

Well, on the bright side, at least i can use any kind of sword then... tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Channler
post Jul 28 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Jul 28 2005, 10:29 AM)

Aw. Crap. Thats dumb...

Well, on the bright side, at least i can use any kind of sword then...  tongue.gif

Yea, does that mean the same animations for both a long sword and a short sword? Or are the animations limited to skill set?

If there for the latter, I'd hate for them to implement a type of rapier into the game... argh... wacko.gif

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 28 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Jul 28 2005, 07:29 AM)

Aw. Crap. Thats dumb...

Well, on the bright side, at least i can use any kind of sword then...  tongue.gif

Yeah, I don't too much like that idea either sad.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 AM