Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
Lopov
post Dec 25 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #3041

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 25 2017, 12:31 PM) *
I guess she deserved to live since she after all taught Jes a very valuable lesson.. wink.gif

I think so too. Besides, Jes prefers to solve conflicts with words first and weapons second though it doesn't work on most Cyrodiilic bandits, marauders and other scumbags. Except for Lothran whom highwaymen greet instead of eat. laugh.gif

I could have sworn we found 18 last year but then again

That's because the previous year Lothran plucked out a wisdom tooth of one ogre, so it was 17+1. wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 25 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #3042

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy learned long ago that good judgement comes from experience. . . and experience comes from bad judgement. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 25 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #3043

Ancient
Group Icon

At least Jes did not wake up in a Hong Kong bathtub missing a kidney!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 26 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #3044

Councilor
Group Icon

Lol: SubRosa

That is probably good that Jes did not resort to violence; that would contradict his friendly face, I suppose. Still though, I am glad he managed to get his things back! My gosh.

Saga also prefers to pick ingredients than buy them, she just won't cut out an imp gall, or break an ogre's tooth, or bonemeal from a skelton while in-the-field. Skeleton.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 24 2017, 01:51 PM) *

Well, it wouldn't be much to see apart from lots of snow. I'm not an action photographer like tmar, Lopov or yourself

No no, wasn't talking about some action shots, I (we....some of us) just wanted to see Lothran on-location. Because we rarely get to see him. sad.gif Damn imgur.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 26 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #3045

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 26 2017, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 24 2017, 01:51 PM) *

Well, it wouldn't be much to see apart from lots of snow. I'm not an action photographer like tmar, Lopov or yourself

No no, wasn't talking about some action shots, I (we....some of us) just wanted to see Lothran on-location. Because we rarely get to see him. sad.gif Damn imgur.

Dunno what happened there; can't even log into my account where I have all the pics anymore huh.gif

Final day in Pale Pass. The hunt is officially over and Lothran will begin his journey back to Bruma tomorrow. It's nice to be in the pass over the holiday but now we both want to come back to the usual evenings at Olav's and watch poor Ongar get mauled by guards for stealing food right in front of everyone biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 27 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #3046

Master
Group Icon

@Acadian - Jes still has a lot to learn but the lesson in Bravil definitely taught him a lot.

@SubRosa - laugh.gif

@Renee - for now Jes cuts imps to collect their gall if only to see what are the magical properties of the said ingredient. But he doesn't go around hacking every imp he comes across.

@mirocu - Ongar probably gets beaten a lot in your game.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The night was rainy but by the morning only a few clouds were scattered across the sky over Bravil. It was a pleasant morning though the stench from the canal was more intense because of the rain.

“What’s going on with you?” Jean-Pierre Lemonds greeted Reenum as they met by Warlock’s Luck.

“Have you heard of some Dunmer priestess trying to summon Mephala?” Sincere concern was in Reenum’s voice.

“Go on.” Jean-Pierre Lemonds crossed his arms, intensely listening to what the Argonian has to say

“Apparently the Divines saw through her scheme and punished her in an unusual way. When the priestess tried to summon Mephala, she was struck by the bolt and kept bloating and bloating until she BURST!”

“It can’t be!” shrieked Jean-Pierre.

"No doubt." nodded Reenum, convinced in rumors that he had heard and as an honest citizen of the Empire, it was his duty to spread them.

Jes, who was just passing the merry duo as they were talking, couldn’t help but chuckle. Perhaps the story was true but that Divines would cause someone to bloat, and then burst, sounded a bit too much. Nonetheless, Jes didn’t feel sorry for the priestess whatever fate struck her.

Perhaps on another occasion he’d ask Reenum more about this priestess but right now he was heading to the Mages Guild, where he promised to help Kud-Ei find her missing friend Henantier.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 27 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #3047

Paladin
Group Icon

Heh, a pleasant morning stroll through Bravil to the Mages Guild.

Civic duty to spread rumors! laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 27 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #3048

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh no way, they're talking about Paralinique!!! blink.gif Wow, so that's how her story concludes. [censored], Lopov, that's deep. Mephala was not pleased, obviously.

Random question, but since Bravil has a stench in your game, can it be smelled from exactly one square mile away? laugh.gif Are there tons of rubbish floating down the Niben? laugh.gif laugh.gif What about Silverhome-on-the-Water...is it full of unatmospheric skooma smoke? laugh.gif laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

Being silly. That is pretty drastic what happened to Para during her short stay in Cyrodiil though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 27 2017, 07:13 PM
Post #3049

Ancient
Group Icon

Paralinique went out the same way as the the guy in Big Trouble In Little China! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 27 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #3050

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran is now back in Bruma and has enjoyed an evening at Olav's. And although Ongar did take food he wasn't supposed to, no guard came to maul him.

I guess you can't have it all, eh..? tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 29 2017, 11:21 AM
Post #3051

Master
Group Icon

@Acadian - rumors must be spread at all costs! Everyone should avoid mudcrabs and goblins!

@Renee - well, rumors just like what they are - rumors. They could be true but perhaps the story of Paralinque is just as real as dangerous mudcrabs. Who can tell? wink.gif

@SubRosa - that reminds me of the game Theme Hospital where patients with bloaty heads came for treatment and the only option to help them was to deinflate their heads by poking a needle in them. biggrin.gif If the procedure wasn't successful, they burst just like the guy in the video and you had to pay for cleaning of the room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Surprisingly, Jes' boat was still where he had left it in Bravil docks a few days ago. Jes was convinced that someone would steal it by now. Well in a way he stole it too but it belonged to necromancers from the Cadlew Chapel and since they were dead, Jes guessed that it no longer counted as stealing.

He took a boat to the Niben and was hoping to enter the sunken ruin but the door was sealed. So he rowed further down south and discovered another Ayleid ruin - Bawn. Lots of gold and welkynd stones he found and after selling them he could afford some training from Dro'Shanji and Luciana Galena in Bravil.

He spent the night in his makeshift camp by the Niben.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 29 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #3052

Spam Meister
Group Icon

A couple of things worthy of mentioning:

1. While clearing out Plundered Mine, in the final room of the cave, Lothran as per usual let his Spriggan and her bear do most of the fighting. But when the spell timed out and there were still goblins left, no one came to Lothran to fight. So he went after them and saw that they was actually fighting each other! I don't think there were another tribe involved; there must have been a case of friendly fire in the narrow corridor leading up to the room. Quite fun anyway.

2. Capstone Cave had another one of those friendly Khajiit bandits and while encountering one of them isn't as rare as the infighting, it's still worth mentioning as Lothran both sweet-talked her as well as bribed her up to 100 tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 30 2017, 08:57 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 29 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #3053

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov - Nice that Jes still has his boat. Ayleid ruin crawling is a living. . . albeit a dangerous one. Hope the training helps.

Mirocu - Always nice to hear of Lothie's adventures in his winter wonderland around Bruma. Friendly fire among goblins - hilarious!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 31 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #3054

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 29 2017, 10:51 PM) *

Mirocu - Always nice to hear of Lothie's adventures in his winter wonderland around Bruma. Friendly fire among goblins - hilarious!

Love it when it happens laugh.gif

-----------------------

Lothran's guard shift has started. He donned his official armor in the morning and after feeding Jorundr, he took to the streets. Nothing special to report and as evening fell he manned his post at the North gate, awaiting the New Year.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 31 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #3055

Master
Group Icon

@Acadian - the training was expensive but in the long run it will pay off.

@mirocu - if Kahreem visits Bruma tonight, he better enters through the South gate.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After delivering sad news of her husband’s passing to Ursanne Loche, Jeston Spetra, called Jes by most, decided to leave Bravil. In time, he began to like the town and appreciate its few friendly locals, mostly from the Mages Guild, while avoiding crude folks whose lives seemed to revolve around insults and provocations. Events at Fort Grief yet again proved of how cruel a man’s soul can be and though Jes tried to avoid violence if possible, he enjoyed killing Kurdan, the Orc in charge of bloody hunting games at Fort Grief. That’s why he now needed some peace and he was bound to find it among fauna and flora of the West Weald. His destination is Skingrad where some alchemist interested in nirnroots lives but on a way there Jes is planning to search the forest for ingredients of all kinds.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 31 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #3056

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh good, he's going to West Weald. Yes. Lots of nightshade, lots of flax too. He's going to wind up with SOoo much flaxseed, Lopov.

Yes, I know what you mean about friendly fire in this game, mirocu. smile.gif Has Lothran seen any foresters going at it yet?

----------------

Sundas, 11:35 pm, Morning Star 6, 3rd Era 435

Joan of Arkay spends this entire day in Skingrad's Chapel. Tomorrow she will do some buying and selling (because we can't do these things on Sundas, right?) and then head toward the Kvatch area. She will turn her hooved beast in a northerly direction then and try to find Camp Ales, a place north of Kvatch. There, she is supposed to retrieve some Dwemer artifacts from some bandits who somehow stole these items from the Arcane University.

Wow. My update is shorter than mirocus! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 31 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #3057

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 31 2017, 03:26 PM) *

@mirocu - if Kahreem visits Bruma tonight, he better enters through the South gate.

As they're both members of the same guild I don't think Kahreem has much to be afraid of. Not from Lothran anyway. No guarantees given with regards to the other guards wink.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 31 2017, 08:18 PM) *

Yes, I know what you mean about friendly fire in this game, mirocu. smile.gif Has Lothran seen any foresters going at it yet?

Long time ago now. At least seven or eight years I would say. There has been a forester around for the last few years but he's been alone and is not one of those fighting each other.

Wow. My update is shorter than mirocus! ohmy.gif

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 31 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #3058

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 31 2017, 02:30 PM) *

Long time ago now. At least seven or eight years I would say. There has been a forester around for the last few years but he's been alone and is not one of those fighting each other.

No, I meant has he seen some foresters going at it during the time he's been in Bruma these last few weeks?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 31 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #3059

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew, I feel safer already knowing Lothie is on the job patrolling Bruma.

I agree with Jes – killing Kurdan was. . . enjoyable.

I hope that Joan is suitably impressed with the Orrery once it is all back up and running.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 31 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #3060

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 31 2017, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 31 2017, 02:30 PM) *

No, I meant has he seen some foresters going at it during the time he's been in Bruma these last few weeks?

Oh, no. Like I said we haven't even seen that around Bruma at all for many years, including the last few weeks laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

209 Pages V « < 151 152 153 154 155 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:30 PM