48 Pages V « < 44 45 46 47 48 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introduce yourself!
Decrepit
post Jun 20 2018, 11:54 PM
Post #901

Master
Group Icon

Late as usual, but welcome aboard Saki!!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 12 2020, 08:45 AM
Post #902

Mouth
Group Icon

Hi,
This is my first post here. Since at least 2012 I’ve been on the Bethesda forms; first as macole-Vampire Hunter and now macole. My favorite TES game? It’s a three-way tie; Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion.

Daggerfall in the late 90’s was my first TES game. Morrowind came next followed by Oblivion, Arena, and Skyrim. I’d so like to play Battlespire but I just can’t get it to run right.

Before I started Skyrim I wanted to do what I hadn’t done; the MQ of all three Morrowind modules. I started in 2013 and by 2016 my custom race character (my 1st mod) had gone through Morrowind, Tribunal, and a good portion of Bloodmoon. Probably would still be going if I hadn’t built a new PC in 2017.

Luckily I purchased Skyrim a month before Skyrim SE released (freebie). Skyrim’s MQ came and went so quickly I never developed an intense attachment to it.

I turned my attention to Oblivion in 2017 as I wanted to complete some quest mods (e.g. Lost Spires, Adens Epic Dungeon, Rumple, Gweden Brothel, Stranded Light, and a few others) that I always load but never finish. This game is still going on. It is amazing to me how easily these seemingly independent quest mods can fit into my character’s continuing story.

Lately I’ve been dabbling in Daggerfall Unity and working up interest in a new Morrowind load.

I see my character as an on-going persona that came into being after reading The Fairie in Daggerfall. What happened to them (my ancestors)?

I don’t play dead-is-dead. Well, I did in Daggerfall, they buried you when you die in Daggerfall. Plus I like making characters in Daggerfall’s chargen.

Thanks for your time and for the invite.
macole
(mac ole` ole` ole` ole` ole` ole` echos across the hills and dales of Tamriel, striking fear into the hearts of,,, Kaleah baps him on the head and says, "will you cut it out!")

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 12 2020, 09:21 AM
Post #903

Spam Meister
Group Icon

macole! Crying out loud, I much remember you from Bethsoft! Nice to see you again mate, even though I dare say we didn't actually talk too much. Always nice to see old Bethsoft members!

Welcome aboard and have yourself the obligatory fishy stick!

IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 12 2020, 11:46 AM
Post #904

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 12 2020, 02:45 AM) *

Hi,
This is my first post here. Since at least 2012 I’ve been on the Bethesda forms; first as macole-Vampire Hunter and now macole. My favorite TES game? It’s a three-way tie; Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion.

Daggerfall in the late 90’s was my first TES game. Morrowind came next followed by Oblivion, Arena, and Skyrim. I’d so like to play Battlespire but I just can’t get it to run right.

Before I started Skyrim I wanted to do what I hadn’t done; the MQ of all three Morrowind modules. I started in 2013 and by 2016 my custom race character (my 1st mod) had gone through Morrowind, Tribunal, and a good portion of Bloodmoon. Probably would still be going if I hadn’t built a new PC in 2017.

Luckily I purchased Skyrim a month before Skyrim SE released (freebie). Skyrim’s MQ came and went so quickly I never developed an intense attachment to it.

I turned my attention to Oblivion in 2017 as I wanted to complete some quest mods (e.g. Lost Spires, Adens Epic Dungeon, Rumple, Gweden Brothel, Stranded Light, and a few others) that I always load but never finish. This game is still going on. It is amazing to me how easily these seemingly independent quest mods can fit into my character’s continuing story.

Lately I’ve been dabbling in Daggerfall Unity and working up interest in a new Morrowind load.

I see my character as an on-going persona that came into being after reading The Fairie in Daggerfall. What happened to them (my ancestors)?

I don’t play dead-is-dead. Well, I did in Daggerfall, they buried you when you die in Daggerfall. Plus I like making characters in Daggerfall’s chargen.

Thanks for your time and for the invite.
macole
(mac ole` ole` ole` ole` ole` ole` echos across the hills and dales of Tamriel, striking fear into the hearts of,,, Kaleah baps him on the head and says, "will you cut it out!")

A very warm Welcome to Chorrol!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 12 2020, 01:10 PM
Post #905

Paladin
Group Icon

A warm welcome to macole! I was delighted when Renee invited you to join us! smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 12 2020, 01:13 PM
Post #906

Master
Group Icon

Welcome aboard Macole

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 12 2020, 02:37 PM
Post #907

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 12 2020, 01:45 AM) *

*snip*

Always good to see other Bethsoft veterans join the crew! Good to see you here Macole! We are a fairly small group currently, nothing like Bethsoft in its heyday, but I like to think of Chorrol as the spiritual successor of everything that was good about those beloved forums. Welcome!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 12 2020, 04:20 PM
Post #908

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey, glad you made the leap over here, macole. smile.gif I occasionally visit and post in Beth's new forums myself but Chorrol's more like our home, I suppose. Our pub on the corner. Our hamlet in the vast, cold wastes that are the Internet.

I see mirocu has already given a Fishy Stick so darn! I've go a carton full of these things in my freezer, whatever am I going to do with them? laugh.gif Ha ha.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 12 2020, 04:29 PM
Post #909

Master
Group Icon

Welcome aboard!

I remember your username macole - vampire hunter, although just like mirocu said, I think we didn't talk so much. Glad to see another long-standing member of old Beth forums here.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jan 12 2020, 05:34 PM
Post #910

Mouth
Group Icon

Whoa, another familiar face! Hi macole! Are your vampire hunting days behind you? Welcome aboard.

If you haven't played it yet, I hope you are interested in and can play Elder Scrolls Online. Many of us are in ESO frequently. We also have a Discord you can join as well, although I don't remember the link to it or the password (if there is one).

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 12 2020, 05:41 PM
Post #911

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jan 12 2020, 10:34 AM) *

We also have a Discord you can join as well, although I don't remember the link to it or the password (if there is one).

I believe it’s in a pinned post at the top of the ESO forum.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 12 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #912

Ancient
Group Icon

Welcome aboard! It is always good to see fresh blood here at Chorrol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 13 2020, 02:20 AM
Post #913

Master
Group Icon

Always thrilled to see another Daggerfallian. Welcome and enjoy your stay with us.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 13 2020, 03:49 AM
Post #914

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jan 12 2020, 10:34 AM) *

Whoa, another familiar face! Hi macole! Are your vampire hunting days behind you? Welcome aboard.

If you haven't played it yet, I hope you are interested in and can play Elder Scrolls Online. Many of us are in ESO frequently.

To bring them the Eternal Cure, I still go dancing with the creatures of the night.
Unfortunately I'm not much of a MMO player. ESO sounds so tempting but when I see the combat I just don't know.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 13 2020, 10:37 PM
Post #915

Councilor
Group Icon

Welcome, macole! I hope you like it here. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 21 2021, 08:56 AM
Post #916

Mouth
Group Icon

Hello everyone!

I am Lena Wolf and I write fiction... Well, no, it's not fiction - it's all true and happened in my games. biggrin.gif Lena Wolf appeared about ten years ago, she went through some transformations, travelled the world - Tamriel and beyond - made some friends and enemies along the way... The enemies are mostly dead now... Some of her close friends have stories of their own, from other worlds, mostly as yet unwritten.

I am a refugee from the Bethesda forum which is suddenly "sunsetting" with a 7 day notice... more like going supernova, I'd say - and leaving a black hole in its place. So I'm awfully glad to have been accepted here. smile.gif I haven't yet been able to explore this forum properly, but I will, give it some time. Unfortunately one cannot just disappear into Oblivion, one also has to cook meals, clean the house, tend to the cats, walk the dog... you know - keep the material representation functioning. wink.gif

I like to bring characters from other worlds into Tamriel. So in Lena's story you'll find elements and people from Dragon Age, Witcher, Fable, Risen and Two Worlds, with a hint of Naughty Bear. Nothing OTT or out of place - no guns or anything. nono.gif To do this "in real life" rather than purely in my imagination, I recently started slight modding. I play Oblivion on Xbox360 and mod my saves to add characters and change the environment. I play Skyrim on PS4 and make some easy mods for it - my PC doesn't have enough muscle to run Skyrim. Most other games don't have much modding potential - Bethesda is really an exception in this respect. And anyhow, most other games are too story-driven to be able to sandbox in them. Which is why, even though I love some of those worlds, my favourite characters sooner or later board a ship and cross the Great Ocean to Tamriel. They do bring their stories with them though.

All my stories - Lena's and others - as well as my attempts at modding are stored on my blog MasserAndSecunda.wordpress.com, which I started as a way to keep everything in one place. So if anyone is curious about more stories or about "behind the scenes" stuff and scripts, feel free to look in.

Looking forward to engaging with you all!

Yours -
Lena Wolf

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 21 2021, 10:48 AM
Post #917

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 21 2021, 03:56 AM) *

Hello everyone!

I am Lena Wolf and I write fiction... Well, no, it's not fiction - it's all true and happened in my games. biggrin.gif Lena Wolf appeared about ten years ago, she went through some transformations, travelled the world - Tamriel and beyond - made some friends and enemies along the way... The enemies are mostly dead now... Some of her close friends have stories of their own, from other worlds, mostly as yet unwritten.

I am a refugee from the Bethesda forum which is suddenly "sunsetting" with a 7 day notice... more like going supernova, I'd say - and leaving a black hole in its place. So I'm awfully glad to have been accepted here. smile.gif I haven't yet been able to explore this forum properly, but I will, give it some time. Unfortunately one cannot just disappear into Oblivion, one also has to cook meals, clean the house, tend to the cats, walk the dog... you know - keep the material representation functioning. wink.gif

I like to bring characters from other worlds into Tamriel. So in Lena's story you'll find elements and people from Dragon Age, Witcher, Fable, Risen and Two Worlds, with a hint of Naughty Bear. Nothing OTT or out of place - no guns or anything. nono.gif To do this "in real life" rather than purely in my imagination, I recently started slight modding. I play Oblivion on Xbox360 and mod my saves to add characters and change the environment. I play Skyrim on PS4 and make some easy mods for it - my PC doesn't have enough muscle to run Skyrim. Most other games don't have much modding potential - Bethesda is really an exception in this respect. And anyhow, most other games are too story-driven to be able to sandbox in them. Which is why, even though I love some of those worlds, my favourite characters sooner or later board a ship and cross the Great Ocean to Tamriel. They do bring their stories with them though.

All my stories - Lena's and others - as well as my attempts at modding are stored on my blog MasserAndSecunda.wordpress.com, which I started as a way to keep everything in one place. So if anyone is curious about more stories or about "behind the scenes" stuff and scripts, feel free to look in.

Looking forward to engaging with you all!

Yours -
Lena Wolf

Welcome home, Lena Wolf! Absolutely feel your pain on the loss of the Bethesda Official Forums. A large portion of us migrated here from the original Bethesda forums back in March 2010; and have been here ever since. A warm welcome home to you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 21 2021, 12:08 PM
Post #918

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome, Lena! Great to have you here!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 21 2021, 12:14 PM
Post #919

Master
Group Icon

Aye, welcome aboard Lena Wolf. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 21 2021, 09:50 PM
Post #920

Ancient
Group Icon

Hi Lena. It is great to see a new person here. Hopefully I can get to reading your stuff soon.

--------------------
+Quote Post

48 Pages V « < 44 45 46 47 48 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:05 AM