255 Pages V « < 169 170 171 172 173 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Jul 22 2018, 12:47 PM
Post #3401

Master
Group Icon

In Transport fever I redid all tracks on one end of Eastleigh Railway Passenger Station, removing or reducing a good many jarring bumps. (I exempted tracks between the station itself and a nearby roadway crossing. There's just not enough room between station and roadway to iron out a bump-causing dip in the various track lines. Also did a decent amount of scenic work between Eastleigh and Dunwich.

Just finished uploading and publishing my latest Transport Fever Ride-Along episode (8). It can be found linked in our "Projects" thread.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 26 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #3402

Mouth
Group Icon

As I wind down on ESO's Summerset binge now that I've done most of the content, I've picked Oblivion back up and also have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky to play on and off again.

I completely forgot how complex PMD got with the second installment, so chances are I'll be mostly playing that in the near future.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 29 2018, 10:03 AM
Post #3403

Master
Group Icon

Still playing Transport Fever exclusively. As usual my time there is spent adding or improving scenery. I did spend hours attempting to improve tracks around St. Mawes. That turned out so poorly I reverted to a pre "fix" save. Be that as it may, a link to the new TpF Scenic Ride-Along is found in our "Projects" thread.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 30 2018, 01:06 AM
Post #3404

Master
Group Icon

This entry is better titled "What are you NOT playing." For a while the answer was Transport Fever.

The vast majority of my TpF mods come from Steam Workshop. Just before supper this evening I decided to launch the game long enough to capture what will be the opening of Scenic Ride-Along ep9. Made it to the launch screen, to be greeted by a red warning flag. A mod I use has been removed from the Workshop. When that happens it's pretty much "game over" so far as Transport Fever is concerned. Steam removed the files from my installation and won't launch the game without them. My hope was that I did not actually run any of the removed Canadian Mikado steam locomotives. I'd likely have been safe then. Such was not the case.

During supper I recalled having backed up Steam's TpF Workshop directory early this month. Searched through those 180-some backed mods until finding one whose Workshop Screenshot matched the missing mod's description. Copied backup files/folder not into the Workshop directory but rather the folder Steam let us place non Workshop TpF mods in. Activated that backup. Voila, the game launched!!!! Happy camper. To be on the safe side I replaced two in-game loco I know for sure are from that mod with a different modded Mikado. Should be okay for the duration. Assuming there aren't more Canadian Mikados traveling the rails that is. <crosses fingers>

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 31 2018, 12:15 PM
Post #3405

Master
Group Icon

In Transport Fever, most of my time has been spent "filming" scenes for my upcoming Scenic Ride-Along episode. This has been surprisingly time consuming. More so than with any previous episode. That's coz I'm using more third-person clips this episode, in addition to the nose-view ride-along itself. I've at last amassed a group of clips I hope will fit together into a logical sequence, but am still not wholly satisfied with one of the too many Oil Finery arrival/departures. As to why so many third-person clips, it's partly to add a little spice, largely to compensate for blurriness during the ride-along proper. Still need to create still images to serve as Title and End cards, assembled and edit raw footage into an actual presentation, add text narrative, create an upload file, and of course post it to YouTube, hopefully this coming weekend.

Not sure what's next. I've pretty much exhausted train routes with enough scenery to warrant filming. I might be able to add one or two more to the list should I put lots of effort into it over the next week to so. But...I really need to devote time to improving routes, stations and track-work itself. Until that's done much of the map isn't worth adding scenery to. In fact it's counterproductive as it makes me reluctant to enact needed changes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 1 2018, 09:36 AM
Post #3406

Master
Group Icon

After whining about how hard it was gonna be assembling this week's TpF upload, I got everything done yesterday except text narrative. Even that's all but finalized maybe a third of the way through and in spots throughout the video. There's enough in place I can upload it as-is, push come to shove.

Worry over material for future episodes remains. I see uploads becoming fewer and further between. Unless I get of my duff and make desperately needed improvements to train routes, track-work and some railway stations. Thing is, I've not developed much talent for that. Attempts to set things right normally end in failure and deleted saves.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 1 2018, 09:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 1 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #3407

Master
Group Icon

I bought a new PS4 and with it No Man's Sky and Rainbow Six The Siege.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 8 2018, 11:00 AM
Post #3408

Master
Group Icon

Still devoted to Transport Fever. Am adding scenery to the map's main oil well complex. Can't figure out what do with a bare stretch of shiny grass ground texture between Complex Railway Station and the Wells. A gentle yet pronounced upward slope limits what I can place there. Too, most everything I place blocks view of the well complex itself, which isn't desirable. I can and probably will slap a crop field there, but hope to avoid that if possible.

Speaking of TpF, I've uploading another Scenic Ride-Along episode. It can be found linked in our "Your Projects" thread.

ADDENDUM:
Finished the bulk of work at the Oil Well Complex. Only intricate detailing remains. Can't for the life of me drum up enthusiasm to continue on. Prolly just need a bit of a break. Hopefully I'll be back at it hot and heavy tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 9 2018, 03:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 14 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #3409

Mouth
Group Icon

So I've gotten past the "main" part of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, which means that the game finally opened up a bit. So I'm taking this opportunity to gain levels and IQ and recruit some more Pokemon for the harder content before actually doing the post-game story which is mostly side episodes at this point (just about ready to do the Manaphy sidequest...which i guess is technically a main story considering it's mandatory before you move on to the continuation of the main story...). Managed to recruit Mewtwo (the highest level team member so far at level 80) with Jirachi also issuing a challenge that I guess I'll get on eventually. Maybe I should do the Manaphy story so I can find more legendaries.

Also, a friend of mine introduced me to EverQuest II about a year ago on the grounds that the crafting and housing would probably interest me and I recently tried it out again and it finally "clicked" for me. I made a Barbarian Wizard then and he's since become a Provisioner (both character and crafting level at around 20 now). I also recently made a Human Paladin when I learned that you can only have a character focus on one of the nine crafting skills at a time, and resetting brings you back to crafting level 9 and you lose all your crafting recipes above that. He handles the furnishing. Not gonna get too into it, especially since a free account can only have 2 characters lol. At most I'm gonna mess around with interior design. You can do a lot with it, apparently.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 17 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #3410

Master
Group Icon

I've become somewhat bogged down in Transport Fever. Scenic detailing is at a standstill until I make needed track/route improvements over much of the mainline. Need to establish more functional industries and industrial routes to adequately cover cities either not being supplied or under supplied. Problem is, other than industries already in use, the map generated with them in screwy locations, making it super hard to connect raw resource sites with processing plants, then to cities that need finished products. Spent a lot of time pondering it. So far nothing truly satisfies.

On the plus side, I HAVE made some worthwhile track improvements. Not enough, but it's a solid start.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 17 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #3411

Master
Group Icon

Playing Rainbow Six Siege and though I love Tom Clancy's game and it good sadly its pay to win similar to how Star Wars Battlefront 2 was plus it has other issues that keeps it from being really enjoyable such as people abusing the friendly fire aspect and there's a lot of toxic players.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 18 2018, 10:18 PM
Post #3412

Master
Group Icon

Nose deep in World of Warcraft's new expansion. Levelled to cap, grinding out gear now. Raids start beginning of September.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 19 2018, 05:18 PM
Post #3413

Ancient
Group Icon

Been getting into A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia. This game had the misfortune of coming out when Khajiit was obsessed with BATTLETECH, so this one didn’t really give it the attention it deserved. It’s a solid Total War game, if you like those, and the map being condensed to just the British Isles makes for a very detailed game world.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Crimson Paladin
post Aug 20 2018, 05:33 AM
Post #3414

Retainer

I've been playing KotOR II with Restored Content Mod, primarily because it plays well on my laptop, which isn't exactly the a gaming rig. It's so far been great, even if it still has Chris Avellone's whining about the setting. Even so, as far as deconstructing Star Wars and the Jedi Order went, he at least did it well compared to other attempts. Looking at you, Episode VIII.

This post has been edited by Crimson Paladin: Aug 20 2018, 05:34 AM

--------------------
The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it;
the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it.
When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee,
beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate,
but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.
-The Hammer Book of Tenets
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 24 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #3415

Mouth
Group Icon

I've been playing some Fallout 3 the past few days after not playing since January. There is a ton of content I haven't explored yet. It's been fun getting back into it. But all I got to say is:

[censored] Talon Company, [censored] The Enclave, and [censored] Super Mutant Overlords. For crying out loud, they are EVERYWHERE. I don't remember running into them so many times before.

Almost every time I step out of a metro station, I run into [censored] Talon Company mercenaries who have been contracted to kill me. And then in some more open areas, an Enclave vertibird drops down and drops off soldiers. Then its Super Mutant Overlords in the ruins. At least I've gotten to see the groups go at it with each other several times (except for TC vs. Enclave, I think), but [censored] I am so tired of perpetually crossing paths with them.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 24 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #3416

Ancient
Group Icon

You have discovered the reason why a lot of people like myself use a mod that reduces the amount of experience you get. Once you get to level 20, it is all Albino Scorpions, Feral Ghoul Reavers, and Supermutant Overlords. Likewise, if you do the main quest to a certain point, it is all Enclave as well. Though if I recall they will die down once you finish the MQ. I think their bases remain around the wasteland, but the vertibirds stop.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 25 2018, 06:39 PM
Post #3417

Master
Group Icon

Decided to pre-order the Division 2 for the PS4. Can't wait to play the Beta.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 26 2018, 03:14 PM
Post #3418

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 24 2018, 10:35 PM) *

Almost every time I step out of a metro station, I run into [censored] Talon Company mercenaries who have been contracted to kill me.

I think you're lucky; I specifically go to their spawn points in order to get their valuable armor and guns.

Different strokes, I guess... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 29 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #3419

Mouth
Group Icon

So for the first time ever since I first played the game series, I attempted some of the harder post-game dungeons in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. So far I've done pretty well in the easier ones, and I think I've built up enough skill to tackle the temporarily reduced to level 1/base stats dungeons eventually.

First I try for the other dungeons with restrictions. I've done the Southeastern Islands (Solo, 8-item limit, No money) and Zero Isle North (No EXP gain, level 90 enemies after a certain point), so maybe I should give Oblivion Forest a try next to see if I have what it takes to complete Destiny Tower (Solo, Temporarily Brought Down to Level 1, No Money or Items, and unlike Oblivion Forest, Destiny Tower has 99 floors)

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 30 2018, 12:14 AM
Post #3420

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 26 2018, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 24 2018, 10:35 PM) *

Almost every time I step out of a metro station, I run into [censored] Talon Company mercenaries who have been contracted to kill me.

I think you're lucky; I specifically go to their spawn points in order to get their valuable armor and guns.

Different strokes, I guess... biggrin.gif

They aren't hard to dispatch. They're just a nuisance with how frequent they are. Granted, it is nice that they drop Chinese Assault Rifles, as that is one of my go-to weapons. But other than that, I'm just tired of coming out of the subway and hearing "Durr, Talon Company!" I don't have much use for any of their other stuff. Now I've started to come across Albino Radscorpions, but they aren't that much trouble.

But nothing is more annoying than those Super Mutant Overlords. The added irritation with them is how much health they have.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 169 170 171 172 173 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:56 PM